eight

You belong with me?

The gods must have been laughing at Taehyung right now.

He scooches a little, away from the person in front of him but the space prevents him to.  So he just hugs his bag pack. They were inside of a kiddie slide, (inspired from the penguin slide in Sakura the Cardcaptor.) The rain had been pouring for God knows how long and it’s already evening. His throat is so dry he had a hard time swallowing. And if you’re wondering why, it’s because he hadn’t said anything since he had been there.

He opens his eyes only to see a water bottle presented before him. He trails the offering hand and stares at Hoseok questioningly.

“I-I already drank from it earlier, and you look like you might need some.” He stops and stares at the bottle instead “Only if you want to though, I had this one during practice so it’s safe... I think.” When Taehyung saw that Hoseoks hand started to slacken a bit he reaches out for the bottle and holds it with both his hands. “T-” he swallows “thank you hyung” he then opens it and takes a drink carefully not letting his lips touch the rim.

After two gulps he twisted cap back and returns the bottle to Hoseok.

“Thanks hyung”

“It’s fine. Also I apologize for dragging you in here, I just… when the rain started pouring I wasn’t thinking and I had to drag you in here because it was the nearest place I saw we could take shelter from.” Hoseok explains as he puts the bottle back in his bag.

Then it was quiet again. Taehyung wanted to run away, but he didn’t want to risk his books getting wet just because he didn’t want to be anywhere near Hoseok at the moment.

“And about what I said yesterday, to be honest, I was following you earlier because I wanted to clear things out. I didn’t get why I said those either so I hope maybe I could try and redeem myself.” Their eyes met after Hoseok said those words. Taehyung wanted to break it but it seems that his brain is teaming up with his heart because he can’t seem to do so.

“So… first things first, I’m sorry for the trouble I’ve caused you and Jimin because my ex got jealous. And before you wonder why… I’m kinda’ Bi and all the people I’ve been with knows that, I make sure to tell them before I get into a relationship so they don’t expect so much of me, I mean we’re still in High School and I’m not looking for something serious. But she was the first one to react like that; I broke up with her because of the things she did, and also because I felt that she was too attached. And I wasn’t ready for that.” His gaze falters now but Taehyung couldn’t stop looking at him. Not now when he said he was Bi. Hoseok was Bi. Meaning he can have feelings for dudes. He tried to hide the surprise in his eyes. His heart is beating way too fast because of the revelation.

“A-and, I wanted to tell you that too. I really meant it when I said I wanted to be the way that we were before. So of it means I have to start all over again, I would. I’m not really aiming to get into Jimin’s level of friendship with you…that just I want to be a friend that you could hang out with, laugh with, joke around with, like what normal friends do, not just eat together at lunch break.” Hoseok mumbles the last part but Taehyung can still hear it, they weren’t too far after all the tips of their shoes were already touching.

Taehyung was conflicted, he wanted to tell the truth about what he felt as well, but Hoseok was clearly in it for the friendship. So he takes a deep breath, lifting his hand to tap on Hoseok’s shoulder because the latter had been hunching by now.

Hoseoks’ head shot-up straight and he sees Taehyung smiling shyly offering his hand for a shake. And before he could raise his hand a lightning strikes a few feet away and Hoseok being the scaredy cat that he was since he could remember clutches onto Taehyung’s arm instead and pulls him in his chest. Hugging the life out of him, Taehyung too stunned to say anything remembers that when they were kids Hoseok was not quite fond of lightning. Though he could laugh it off right now he couldn’t shake the feeling of being in Hoseok’s embrace and how warm and calming it felt.

He then feels hands on his shoulders and he came face to face with Hoseok, his eyes looking mortified.

“I’m sorry, Taehyung, I just- really I’m sorry.” He apologizes over and over again and Taehyung took his time to regain his composure. He bravely kneels on front of the other boy and warily pats his head. This is what Taehyung did in the past, though it only happened once he still remembered it. Because the day after that was the day Hoseok had moved away.

Hoseok stiffens at the touch but Taehyung didn’t move to pull back his hand either. Slowly Hoseok raises his head staring at Taehyung.

“You’re still afraid of a little lightning hyung?” he knows he shouldn’t tease the elder, but he couldn’t just resist it anymore. And this is what he wanted right, at least Taehyung could comply with that. He’ll just have to make sure Hoseok wouldn’t know about his real uality and everything will be fine.

“Y-yah, it wasn’t just a littl-“Another lightning cackles again and this time Hoseok had his face pressed up against Taehyung’s chest.

“Taehyung recovers faster this time and he continues to massage Hoseoks’ scalp gently and he feels him relax a little which makes him smile.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Taehyung was shaken awake, but he didn’t want to let go of the warmth that he was holding onto. But then he feels something move, that thing he was holding was moving and when he opens his eyes his face is an inch away from the guy.

He clambers up but then he bumped into someone else behind him.

“Aigoo, you kids why are you sleeping in here?” He hears a grimacing voice and when he turned he sees a man in a security guard uniform nursing his .

It seems that the rain had finally stopped, he hears someone groan behind him and then he sees Hoseok yawning sleepily. He feels a blush creep up in his cheeks when he remembered how he had woken up in Hoseok’s embrace, or was he the one doing the embracing? He looks at Hoseok and the other boy was stretching his body, he catches a glimpse of the seniors back and it had splotches of mud, he checks his uniform as well but it didn’t have any. He gasps when he realized that he really was hovering above Hoseok when they slept.

“Hey you two, what are you doing here?” The officer inquired as he turns his flashlight at the slide once again. And Taehyung was quick to answer.

“We just took shelter from the rain sir; it’s just that we didn’t know it would take this long to stop.”

“Okay, I thought there was something going on in there. You can’t really tell with kids these days. Let’s get you to the office; your boyfriend is still hazy from sleep he looks like he might pass out soon.” And with that the officer beckoned them to follow not allowing Taehyung to retort on the comment any longer. So he just grabs a hold of a sleepy Hoseok and leads the way making sure he doesn’t fall on the ground.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hoseok is sleeping, his head on Taehyung’s lap. Taehyung’s phone was dead so he looks for Hoseoks, fortunately it was still on so he speed dials number one and ‘bingo’ it was Hoseoks’ mom. After two rings she picks up.

“Hobi, my baby where are you? I’m so worried baby why aren’t you saying anything?” She sounded so panicked; Taehyung understands it though he could already imagine what his mothers’ state she’s in right now, not knowing her child is.

“Uhm, Mrs. Jung, it’s Taehyung uhm…”

“Oh, Taehyungie?, why do you have Hosoek’s phone? Is he okay? Where is he?”

“H-he’s fine Mrs. Jung, he’s uhm.. he’s asleep.”

“Okay, where are you right now we’re coming to pick you up?” After relaying the address he hears a man’s voice, clinking of keys and a door close. But the call wasn’t ended yet and he could hear footsteps but not a car starting, he hears knocking and a faint woman’s voice that he distinctly recognizes as his mothers’.

“Taehyung-ah, are you okay? Gosh I’ve been so worried about you.”

“Mom, I’m fine, we got caught in the rain and we were stranded in the park. My battery died, but we’re fine.” She sighed in relief upon hearing her sons’ voice.

“Thank goodness you’re okay honey, I called Jimins’ house but when I did his mom said he was already asleep and she told me he’s with a friend.” ‘A friend?’ “So, just stay there okay, Hoseok’s dad is on his way.” After making sure that everything is fine they end the call just in time with for Hoseok to wake up.

He stares at the guy rapidly blinking his eyes. It was so cute Taehyung didn’t notice that his hand was moving on Its own, flicking at Hoseok’s bangs away from his face. He stops when he noticed the latter staring at him.

“Hey kids I think your ride has arrived, save the lovey dovey moments when you get home ‘aight?” The officer was out of the door when Hoseok rolled off of Taehyung’s lap in surprise.

Taehyung stands up and straightens his uniform, he walks up to the senior and offers a hand.

“Get up hyung your dad’s here to pick us up.” He says smiling.

“Abeoji?” he inquires confused.

“Yeah, now come on.” When Hoseok takes his hand he hefts him up and they were out of the room. They see Hoseok’s dad talking to the officer. After thanking the man they all get in the car, the two boys get on the back.

“You boys hungry, we can stop for something if you want.” Mr. Jung inquires as he eyed them for a second in the rearview mirror.

He glances at Hoseok but was surprised when the senior was already staring at him. But he clears his throat and asks. He was hungry, sure, but he’d rather get home and catch up on some sleep. But before he could say a word Hoseok beat him to it.

“What about you Taehyung, I’d prefer going home but do you want anything?”   

“That’s what I was thinking too hyung” and with that they both relaxed in their seats, tuning out Hoseok as he exchanged some words with his father.

He didn’t know he had drifted off to sleep when he felt a soft tap on his cheek. He slowly opens his eyes as he adjusted into the dim light, they were still on the car but it was slowing down. They stop in front of the gate. His side of the door opened and was greeted by his mother who scooped him out of the car and was being enveloped in a hug.

“Gosh I was so worried; please don’t give your mother a heart attack again”

“I’m sorry mom, I won’t do again. I just got caught in the rain that’s all.” He breaks the hug and turn towards the car. “Let me just thank Mr. Jung mom, I’ll be quick.” He then jogs towards the car, and when he gets into the driver’s window it opens and Mr. Jung was smiling at him.

“Thank you again Mr. Jung” he bows and bid him goodbye, noticing that Hosoek’s head had been hanging out of the window as well, he then turns to him. “Bye hyung, see you in school later.” He tries a way and the elder gingerly returns as the car enters the gate. He runs to his mom and they too enter their house.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

As he enters his room, Taehyung quickly charges his phone before getting changed, after he was finished he plops down on his bed, he turns his phone on and waits.

He sees a message from Jimin that said “Yoongi hyung is sleeping over, I don’t know what to do Tae, HELP ME!!!”

He smiles, so he wasn’t the only one suffering because of this storm. He types in a reply and puts his phone back on the night stand.

Only when he raised his head did he notice that Hoseok was still awake and waving at him.

He reaches out for his board and writes on it then shows it to Hoseok. ‘Can’t sleep?’

‘Yeah’ He scribbles back a reply.

‘You better get to it then, we have like, 2 hours. We can’t have you slacking during practice you know.’

‘Heh, Are you worried about me Kim Taehyung? I’m so touched’ the look on Hoseok’s face as he showed him the board already speaks on its own.

‘Hah, I’m worried that the team would lose because a certain member had been up till dawn talking with his neighbor.’ He retorts back

‘But that neighbor is a friend, and I’m very dedicated to everything I do you know. I assure you we’re going to win that game.’ He wears a smug grin as he positions the board in his chest.

‘Yeah yeah, you’ll win hyung. Now will you please go to sleep?’ He writes back.

Hosoek was writing for a while, and after he approves it he then shows it to Taehyung.

‘Can you give me your number? So that I can just text you or something?’ He wasn’t looking at Taehyung but then he was erasing what he had written and was scribbling something else.

‘Or you don’t have to, we can just sleep right, yeah, goodnight’ and as he looks up at Taehyung there were numbers already written on his board. And Hoseok was quick to copy it and registers it on his phone; he then sends a quick message and waited for a reply.

 

To: Kim Taehyung

This is Jung Hoseok, please make sure to save my number. Thank you.

 

From: Kim Taehyung

Yes hyung, I know and please now that you got my number will you please turn the lights off and go to sleep?

 

 

So Hoseok stands up and went to flick the lights off and then Taehyung does the same.

 

Taehyung receives a message and reads it quick as he plops down on his bed.

 

From: Jung Hoseok

There, happy? :D

Just kidding…

Goodnight.

Quickly typing in a reply he then scoots away from the phone.

To: Jung Hoseok

Yeah, Goodnight hyung.

 

 

*The Vhope part... hehe.. I don't know, this just came to me and... this is it....

This is getting too long omg 8X... I don't know how to end this.

I've been watching too much Vhope this past few days.

I hope you like it. :D

It's not much really, I just wanted them to not be awkward anymore...

Hi! :D