Sixteen

You belong with me?

Chapter 16

 

Taehyung opens the gate only to be greeted by Hoseok’s blinding smile.

 

“Good morning.” Hoseok greets and he smiles back, and as they walked towards the bus stop Taehyung reaches on his blazer jacket pocket and takes the handkerchief out neatly and hands it back to Hoseok.

 

“Oh, my hanky, thanks Tae. You really didn’t have to iron it though, but thanks.” And yet again Taehyung stops himself from jumping in the air and walked briskly ahead of Hoseok so he could calm his self- down when they arrive in the bus stop

 

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Seriously? Jayoung? Seriously?” A girl hisses to another as they peeked on the window of the junior’s classroom.

“Yes, I’m serious Hawon-ah… just look at him, he’s sooo cute” The girl gushes when he sees Taehyung smiling at Jimin.

“Yah! Hong Ja young” Hawon hisses again “Did you just drag me here to ogle at some eye candy?” and sighs as she follows her friends’ line of sight.

“Aissh… just because you have Jiwoon-oppa… … tsk tsk tsk…” And with one last wave, she blows a kiss at Taehyung’s direction and pushes Hawon to the halls as the latter sputters gibberish words of denial at his best friends’ accusation.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Achoo” Taehyung crouches on the side and clears his throat as he sits straight to face Jimin again.

“Bless you” his best friend states as he continued doodling on his notes.

“I feel weird all of a sudden, don’t you feel it too Jiminie?” Taehyung looks around as he braces himself and rubs his palms on his upper limbs.

“No, I don’t… and wait” his friend stops abruptly seemingly in thought. “You know what they say when someone sneezes out of nowhere, someone is thinking about them or talking about them, right?” Then his eyes turned sly, making Taehyung curious. “What if… Hoseok-hyung is thinking about you right now?” And as if on cue Taehyung sneezes again which made Jimin break down in laughter. That only made Taehyung frown more.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Hey guys… What you got?” Hoseok asks as soon as Taehyung and Jimin sat across from them.

“Uh…a sandwich?” Taehyung answers as he raises the said sandwich and starts un-wrapping it.

“What kind of sandwich is it?” Hoseok asks again, peering at it closer.

“It’s just the usual roast beef hyung.” Taehyung comments and starts eating. And when he glances at Hoseok’s food, he sees a bowl of salad, the same as Namjoon’s.

Hoseok groans and starts picking on his bowl, Yoongi and Jimin were greeting each other. Namjoon was on his phone probably texting Jin.

 

 

“What’s with the salad hyung?” He thought Hoseok would answer but suddenly Namjoon’s voice intervenes, reprimanding.

“Hob, stop stalling and finish your food.” And Hoseok sunk in his seat, staring dejectedly at the bowl of green leaves and grumbles. “Easy for you to say…”

 

 

“Don’t mind him Taehyung, he’s just brooding because we’re starting on the strict diet since the game’s coming up in a month… and especially it’s the last one for us seniors” Namjoon gestures at himself and Hoseok and goes to read his book this time. 

(A/N: Can you guess what book he’s reading? Also, about the strict diet, I’m just making it up. I don’t know if they really do that for rugby players, but, eating healthy is good, right?)

 

Taehyung glances towards Jimin but the latter was currently listening to Yoongi. He goes back to Hoseok again but what he sees makes his lips quirk in a smile.

Hoseok was sneaking his fork on Yoongi’s plate, the latter still seemingly unaware because he was busy at the moment. But when he was about to get a piece of what seemed like a thin piece of meat, his hand was slapped slightly but it surprised him enough to back off and sulk again. Jimin and Taehyung chuckled at the sight and Namjoon sniggered on the side.

 

 

“But it’s not like you can’t eat at home right?” Jimin suddenly quips and Yoongi smiled, making the former blush.

 

 

“The thing is, being at home is much of a torture for them, since their parents would be notified, their mom’s would find it as an excuse for them to eat healthy until the game. Even Hoseok’s dad complains about it as well.” Yoongi tell-tales.

 

 

“At least it’s just until the game is done right? Then you’ll be free. Just hang in there hyung.” Taehyung comments, Hoseok looks up and Taehyung wanted to avert his gaze. But Hoseok just smiled and he couldn’t help but return it. So after that, they all finish their food, surprisingly Hoseok does as well. The bell rang, signaling that break’s over and they all go back to their class.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Jayoung, I thought you’re in love with Seowoo?” Hawon commented as they got ready to leave. Jayoung’s gaze followed to where Taehyung and the others were exiting the cafeteria.

“Hmm…Of course I do and not just with him but his music too, but he’s a celebrity Hawon-ah…so the chances between us are impossible.” Jayoung retorts as she links her arms with Hawon as they walked the halls just far behind Taehyung and his friends.

“Aish… fine, but if you’re not going to confess to that guy, I swear I’m going to tell Seowoo that you already replaced him with someone else and that you’re not his number one fan anymore.” Hawon grumbles as they fastened their pace but Jayoung playfully slaps her arms.

“Yah, it’s not that easy you know, maybe before I’d have the chance to talk to him. But a lot of things happened this past few weeks, and then they started hanging out more with the popular seniors. So the chance of making him notice me would be slimmer.” Jayoung mutters under her breath as Hawon just face palmed at her best friends’ situation.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Achoo” Taehyung sneezes as they were about to part in the halls with the three seniors. Namjoon has already turned still focused on his book to notice. Yoongi just snickered as he said his goodbyes, and make eye contact with Jimin. That made the latter bow his head, too shy to return it, but Yoongi didn’t mind and went on his way.

Only Hoseok had the sense to say “Bless you” to the unfortunate junior then pat his head as he waved goodbye and followed his pals.

Taehyung stilled for a moment as he tried and composed himself, Jimin walks beside him as they headed to class and was almost taken aback when Taehyung suddenly glared at him. Jimin would’ve been worried and asked what he did wrong, but when Taehyung’s eyes trailed back at Hoseok he caught up and mentally chuckles at his friend and push him in the direction of their classroom.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The bell rings and the students tried to stay still as the head of the class stood up and bid the teacher goodbye as the rest followed. 

 

 

But Jimin had been anxious ever since they had gone back from their lunch break earlier and he sees Taehyung’s name written on the board as one of the assigned students to be left behind for cleaning duty. 

 

Meaning he’ll be alone to meet up with Yoongi outside the school gates.

 

“Sorry mate, you just have to go without me, and it’s not like I’m going with the two of you anyway” Taehyung comments as he pushes Jimin out of the door.

Jimin just slumps as he stood outside the door, suddenly his eyes caught something behind Taehyung and he hollers. “I hate you Ilhoon”. “Bye Tae” he adds and sprints to the halls and was gone in the corner a moment later. Taehyung just smiles and when he turns around he sees Ilhoon looking at him, then peers behind.

“Was that Jimin?” The class president asks as Taehyung started his task. “Yeah.”

“Aish… that brat, I’m going to put him on cleaning duty tomorrow.” Ilhoon grumbles as he resumed cleaning the board.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

After setting the last chair Taehyung sighed in relief as they all finished. Ilhoon had dismissed them and they all said their goodbyes and left. Walking down the hall he was rummaging his bag for his phone, when suddenly his name is called and a weight slams from behind him, making him jerk forward in surprise.

“Hyung, what did you do that for?” Taehyung wanted to sound annoyed but he knew he couldn’t.

“I’m sorry, I was just glad I caught up to you. Because I saw Jimin earlier, and he said you were on cleaning duty but when I got there, Ilhoon was just locking up, told me you already left.” Hoseok went on, still not letting go from his hold on Taehyung.

The latter maneuvers himself out of his hold but Hoseok wrestled him instead. Then Taehyung pushes him off when a couple of girls passed by them.

Taehyung straightens his blazer and walked passed them awkwardly as Hoseok followed and greeted them in a friendly manner. Making Taehyung look back, at the exact time the girl with long hair blushed, probably because of Hoseok.

And they walk wordlessly this time as they exited the school, just then Taehyung gets that tingling feeling in his nose again.

“Achoo… Aish” He hisses as he covers his nose with his arm, ‘aish, how embarrassing’. And it’d be too much of a hassle to grab the extra paper napkin on his bag. “Aish” he hisses again.

“Bless you” He hears Hoseok and there was a tap on his shoulder. He turns to where it was and he sees Hoseok handing out his handkerchief yet again. “I guess you’ll need my hanky again.” He adds and there’s a bit of hesitation but Hoseok insisted he take it. 

 

And he did.

 

“Sorry hyung, can I just buy you a new one instead? It’d be too weird if I give this back later.” He comments as he wipes his nose on it.

Hoseok was quite for a while and he smiles at Taehyung. “Hmm, you promise?” Taehyung nods “Okay, you can keep it. But-“he pauses, making Taehyung look back at him. “You have to take care of it though. Okay?” He gestures at Taehyung an ‘OK’ sign and Taehyung nods again.

The bus finally arrived and they take a seat on the far back.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Yoongi felt like his palms started sweating as soon as he sees Park Jimin out in the school gates and was approaching them as soon as they made eye contact.

“Aaand this is my cue, good luck with the date Yoong.” He mumbles a ‘It’s not a date you dumb horse’ as Hoseok patted his back and walks off, seemingly to meet Jimin halfway. They greeted each other in a good few seconds and Hoseok was waving at Jimin as he jogged back to the school.

 

“Hoseok asked something?” He asks, as soon as Jimin got close to hearing distance.

“Yeah, he was looking for Taehyung.” Jimin explains as they started walking.

“Oh, cool then. And-“ Yoongi paused, making Jimin halt in his steps to look back at his hyung. “Before you suspect anything, I promised to drive you back home,right?” He stops to wait for a response and when Jimin nodded he resumes. “If you wouldn’t mind, I kind of just remembered earlier after lunch that your house is kind of close so, I kind of scratched the ‘drive you back’ idea. Would it be a bother if I walked you back instead?” Yoongi kind of grimace at the question, if Jimin hates him now, Namjoon’s going to pay the price.

But Jimin just smiled, a hint of pink blush in his cheeks (A/N: remember pre-debut Jimin, that’s how he looks like, so cute and squishy) “It’s fine hyung, and I think that’s much a better idea.” He responds “Let’s go?” he adds and Yoongi smiles back in return as they continue to walk. 

 

 

Jimin clutched the straps of his bag pack. He couldn’t believe that this was really happening at all. Walking side by side with Yoongi only ever happened in Jimin’s dreams, maybe they should have just ridden Yoongi’s motorbike instead.

 

“Penny for your thoughts?” He hears Yoongi’s voice beside him.

 

“Ah, nothing hyung. I just… It’s just; it just feels strange walking home with somebody else other than Taehyung.” He blurts out as his pace slows down.

 

“Strange?” Yoongi inquires, curious. That caught Jimin off guard and sputtered a reply quickly, worried that maybe Yoongi would misunderstand.

 

“No. I mean, by strange I mean, a good kind of strange.” He sighs, slumping his shoulders forward.

 

“Hey” Yoongi calls out and slowly Jimin turns to look at him. “If it’s that, then I’m glad, alright? Don’t worry that pretty head of yours for nothing. If it helps, I am as nervous as you are right now too.” Yoongi shows that gummy smile of his, and Jimin congratulates himself for not fainting on the spot.

 

“Thanks hyung, I’m sorry if I’m being awkward again.” ‘Because I want to tell you a bunch of things but I’m worried you’d find it annoying.’ Jimin doesn’t say the rest out loud.

 

He hears a chuckle and he stares at Yoongi in confusion this time. “Funny, I thought I’m the one who’s being awkward.” He admits. “I guess we’re really made for each other.” Yoongi adds, and for whatever reason, Jimin felt like laughing.

 

So he did. 

 

What are the chances that the lines he and Taehyung both cringe at in the dramas they watch would be used at him?

 

“That was super lame, I know.” He hears Yoongi deadpan “Can I trust you not to spill this to anyone?” Then turns to him as they stop at the other side of the crossing lane.

 

Jimin was quite for a bit, but he nods anyway and gestures to zip his lips close and draws a cross on his chest. “I promise hyung, I won’t say a thing.” He smiles; at least he feels that the awkwardness earlier dissipated a little.

 

“I’m going to count on you then, and I swear I’m not going to say anything like that ever again. Like ever.” Yoongi chides as they started crossing the road.

 

“So hyung, you watch dramas too?” Jimin then tries his best not to sound much of a tease.

“You’re not going to let this one go are you?” Yoongi groans in defeat, but also glad that Jimin had taken to relax around him that was enough for him to tease Yoongi.

 

“Maybe… and also because I feel so lucky at the moment, that I’m keeping one of Min Yoongi, the famous shooting guard and one of the most popular dude in campus’ secret. That maybe his best friends don’t even know.” Jimin says with a smile. Definitely not shy anymore. But suddenly he realizes that maybe he’s pushing his luck too much.

 

“Yah, what are you thinking about again?” Yoongi asks. ‘Was he looking at me the entire time?’ Jimin thinks, he must’ve looked ridiculous.

 

“Hmm… nothing hyung, I just thought, maybe I’m a bit too much.” 

 

“You mean the teasing just now?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I don’t mind.” 

 

“We’re not really the best of friends for me to tease you like that.”

 

“I don’t really plan on being your best friend Jimin. Taehyung already owns that title.”

 

“But…” 

 

“Because ‘boyfriend’ sounds more appealing to me.”

 

“I thought you promised you’d never say things like that again?”

 

“Yeah, I don’t know why I’m saying things like this either. Remember, when I said, this is the first time I’m courting someone?”

 

And Jimin blushes at that, what was he supposed to say something back when Yoongi is being unbelievably blunt about his feelings.

 

“Hmm… We can talk about something else if you want.” 

 

“Like what’s your favorite color?”

 

“Light Blue…and black. What’s yours hyung?”

 

“White”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Why?”

 

“I thought it would be black?”

 

“Why did you think so?”

 

“Uhm… I heard a bunch of girls talk about you before, on one of your games last year. One of the girls said that she had a present for you? Then she said you would really like it coz it’s something… black.” Jimin trails off.

 

“Well, black isn’t so bad. I just like white better.” Yoongi admits, they were already getting close to Jimin’s side of the neighborhood.

 

“Ah… okay. So, hyung, you still have games coming up?”

 

“Nah, that one with SM Academy was the last one, Coach said we need to focus for the finals.”

 

 

“Hmm… so, will you still play ball if you get into university?”

 

 

“Oh that… The coach already advised us to apply for a scholarship.”

 

“Hmm… that’s great, so you already have a choice for University?”

 

“Seoul University is my first choice, that’s where my sister is studying. And also Seokjin-hyung transferred there too, so I’m sure even with Namjoon’s IQ that could get him to Harvard he’d still choose to where Seokjin is. And it’s better if you already know someone, so they could back you up.”

 

 

“Cool” Jimin breaths out in awe, and shake his head when he realized he was staring at Yoongi’s profile too much and focused on the road, when he sees that his house was just a few feet away.

 

So what does he do now? Should he invite Yoongi over?

What excuse would he use though?

And besides his mom would question as to why Yoongi is there.

Yoongi already told his dad about his intentions. >That thought again makes Jimin blush<

But his dad sure isn’t home yet. So should he just let Yoongi leave?

Wouldn’t that be rude?

 

“Jimin” He jerks back to his reverie when a hand clasped on his wrist. 

 

“We’re here.” He glances back and they were already in front of his house.

 

“S-sorry hyung, I was just thinking. Hm… want something to drink before you go?” 

 

Would he accept Jimin’s invitation?

Would he seem too eager if he did?

Wouldn’t it be rude if he didn’t?

But Jimin’s parents would be there.

Since he already talked with Jimin’s dad, it would be right to talk to his mother too right?

He should, right?

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Ah… I would really like that…thank you.” He says and they both enter the Park’s residence.

 

Just as they were about to get inside the house, Mrs. Park’s voice greets them. 

“Jimin? Is that you honey?”

 

 

“Yes mom, I’m home. I brought a friend over.” Jimin hollers back.

 

“Well, it’s not Taehyung I presume.”

 

“Oh… Yoongi, nice to see you again dear.”

“It’s nice to see you too Mrs. Park.” Yoongi bows a complete 90 degrees at the woman in front of him.

“What got you so worked up child?” Mrs. Park asks, amused at Yoongi’s actions as the latter straightens up and fixed his hair.

 

“That’s nothing mom” Jimin then turns at Yoongi “Come on hyung” And both of them brisk walked towards the kitchen.

 

 

“Is juice alright hyung?”

“Anything is fine, thank you.”

 

“Hyung, I’ll just take my things up, I’ll be back in a minute.”

 

“So, Yoongi you staying for dinner.”

“I… I would love to Mrs. Park but I kind of promised mom I’d help her with dinner tonight.”

 

“Oh, what a very good child. So you know your way around the kitchen then?”

 

“Just a few things, my mom didn’t really hang around the kitchen much, so I had to pick up some things here and there from my sister, since she’s not around much anymore because she’s staying at a dorm, near the university.”

 

“Oh, well, maybe it’s a good thing that you can spend with time your mom right?”

“Yeah, but she’s too fussy I might just end up following on her trail. Every time she cooks my sister and I always make sure it’s alright before she’d know it. So she thinks she’s an okay cook.”

 

“Oh really? That’s so cute.”

 

“Yeah, but sometimes it’s tacky to sneak up behind her, but it’s fun, at least with how busy she is at work, she still finds time to eat with me. Or us, if my sister is over.”

 

Mrs. Park just stares at him and Yoongi feels the warmth in his cheeks at how endearing she looked.

 

“You are such a great child Yoongi-ah… I’m glad Jimin chose to befriend someone like you.” She says as she pats Yoongi’s arm. Sensing that Jimin isn’t coming yet anytime soon, he bravely takes hold of the woman’s hand.

 

 

“Mrs. Park, can I tell you something?” He asks, not too loud.

 

“What is it dear?” Mrs. Park responds in the same demeanor.

 

“Will it be alright if I… if I ask, if I could court Jimin?” He says in a speed that was still coherent, but doubts it that Mrs. Park had understood what he had said.

 

Now, she was staring at him again, and he doesn’t dare to break the eye contact until her face breaks into a smile.

 

“Of course I wouldn’t mind” she says cheerfully as she engulfed him in a hug. “And look how cute you are, I didn’t know you could even use the word ‘court’ anymore. So, are you here to ask us if you could take him out on a date this weekend?” She goes on as she rounds the counter, seemingly preparing something.

 

“Well, to be honest, this is the first time I’m asking someone out. So I haven’t thought about whether to ask him out for a date yet. I just think maybe if we could spend time more together first would be good, so I promised myself to walk him back home after class then maybe, I could have the courage to ask him later next month or so.” He explains, and he takes a sip from his glass, as he watched the woman prepare a sandwich.

 

“That is such a great idea sweetheart, so, are you going to wait for my husband to come back? I could just pass him the news if you want to.” Mrs. Park offers, as she placed a plate full of bite sized sandwiches gesturing for him to dig in.

“Oh, uhm… I kind of already told him first, when I got here the first time.” He says, the woman in front of him suddenly changed into a shocked expression.

 

“What? You already told him first? And he didn’t even tell me?”

 

 

“What did he not tell you?” Jimin’s voice was suddenly heard behind Mrs. Park, there, he stood wearing an oversized sweater, only making the tips of his fingers in sight, and a matching baggy sweat pants.

 

 

‘Too cute’ Yoongi calms his heart mentally at the sight.

 

“Honey, your dad already knew about Yoongi pursuing you and he didn’t tell me about it, fortunately Yoongi had the decency to inform me personally so it’s fine. But going to I’m change plans for dinner, I’m going to give your father a hard time for keeping secrets.” She quips as Jimin just stared at her with wide eyes.

 

“Mrs. Park, it’s not, you don’t have to… I specifically told Mr. Park to keep it a secret between us first, I just lost the chance to tell you about this. And it was my intention to tell you personally, it would be too rude if I don’t.” Yoongi explains quickly and the woman smiles to him once again.

 

“Such a good kid.” Mrs. Park coos at Yoongi and makes his way to Jimin. “I like you, Jiminie, I’m even sure your father approves of him too. So you better not take too long and make it official, ok?” She then leaves the two dumbfounded teenagers in the kitchen as she headed to somewhere else to give them some private time.

 

After the awkward silence, Yoongi clears his throat and gestured for Jimin to sit down, which the latter did in silence.

“My parents are so embarrassing.” Jimin deadpans as he takes a whole mini sandwich, which puffed his cheeks even more and made him a hundred times more adorable in Yoongi’s eyes.

“Tell me about it, if my mom knew I’m into someone right now, she’s going to flip and could be as equally embarrassing as yours.” Yoongi says back and they smiled at each other, then he finishes off his sandwich and gulped down the rest of the juice.

 

 

He glances at his watch and deemed it an appropriate time to be on his way and waited for Jimin to finish his snack in silence.

They didn’t talk, but Yoongi didn’t mind and just watched Jimin enjoy his food.

 

“Is there something on my face hyung?” Jimin asks as he pats his face in search of any dirt tainting his face. But before Yoongi could even react, Jimin had already wiped away a smudge of mayo on his cheek. Jimin hisses in embarrassment and mumbles a sorry and stacks the plates and glasses together to be put in the sink.

 

Yoongi stands up and waited for Jimin to say his goodbyes.

 

 

 

 

“Thank you for walking me back home hyung.” Jimin says as soon as they got outside the gates, Yoongi turns his back to face him, smiling.

 

“Thank you for allowing me to."

"So, does this mean I can walk you home tomorrow onwards?” And when Jimin nods his head, though not meeting his eyes, but the tint of pink in his cheeks and that small smile in his lips were enough for Yoongi to get his heart pumping like crazy.

 

So he just smiles wide, but not enough to make him seem like a creep and bid Jimin goodbye.

 

“See you tomorrow?” He asks for one last time, and this time Jimin had met his gaze and whispers a “Yeah, See you hyung.” And bolts right back in the gate and as soon as Yoongi sees that Jimin had entered their home, he happily skips on his way back to the school to retrieve his motorbike and drive himself home as well.

 

Now the last thing he has to do is tell his mom about his situation, he just hopes that she’ll be as ecstatic as he had imagined she would be. 

 

 

A/N: if you wanna read some rambles ....this story is on Ao3 too...

I'm too lazy to copy and paste it from there because I'm only using my phone at the moment.