eleven

You belong with me?

The plan for their karaoke venture was moved to a weekend, courtesy of a very adult Kim Seokjin.

After the classes had ended that day, they all meet up at the gate. Seokjin invited them to a café that his friend runs and they talk about their plan for the weekend.

Unfortunately for Min Yoongi, the kid Jungkook was also invited and also instead of just dinner it was changed to a sleepover at Kim Seokjin’s apartment.

They debated whether to bring booze over at Jin’s place but the latter opposes the idea because Jimin Taehyung and especially Jungkook are still minors. Namjoon Yoongi and Hoseok exchanged glances before sighing, even though they really wanted to, Jin had a point and they just stopped insisting.

“So, Friday you just bring your bags over at the clinic first thing and I’ll take care of them later. Then we go for Karaoke then we have sleep over at my house. Jungkook already knows how to get here by himself so he’ll just meet us out and the five of us will be  in the car” he gestures at Jimin Taehyung and Namjoon “and you” he points at Hoseok “you’ll be riding with Yoongi, any questions?” Seokjin leans back on his chair and look at them. Taehyung and Jimin eating their cake while shaking their heads no and he sees Hoseok give Yoongi a sympathetic glance and the latter rolling his eyes at Hoseok and of course his boyfriend staring at him.

“What?” He asks as he digs on his cake as well.

“Nothing” he says as he eats the cake Jin offered to him.

“If you’re going to ogle at me to cancel the liquor ban I assure you it won’t work on me Namjoon.” He looks at the bunch again and they were conversing like they weren’t awkward at each other a few days ago.

After they finish their food they all greet Jin’s friend Sandeul and after thanking him they bid him goodbye and they stood outside the café.

“You guy’s need a ride?” Seokjin motions to Taehyung and Jimin. Taehyung was about to open his mouth when he suddenly remembered something.

“We would want to hyung but I just remembered me and Jimin need to buy this stuff we need for our History class project.” He mumbles and Jimin realizes it as well and chimes in too. “I totally forgot about that.”

“Hhmm… okay make sure to look at the time alright and don’t forget to text your parents, Bye!!!” He waves at them as he got in the car and Namjoon does the same as well.

“Bye!!!” They waved back, eyeing each other before turning back.

“We’ll get going hyung, see you tomorrow.” They were about to leave when suddenly Hoseok speaks up.

“Wait, can we-“They turn to face them again and Hoseok continues. “Are you guys planning to go to the mall?” They nod and the senior smiled. “Can we go with you guys? Yoongi was planning to buy shoes for ages and I think this should be a good time. This way he’ll have more people suggest what looks good on him or not and I promise we’ll help you look for the stuff you need for your project first.” Taehyung eyes Jimin and smiled, making Jimin roll his eyes and moves to start walking.

“Sure thing hyung, let’s go?” Then he eyes Yoongi’s motorbike “but what about you’re motorbike hyung?”

“Oh its fine, I’ll come back for it later.” They then follow Jimin who was already a few feet away from them. But Taehyung jogs to catch up to him and Hoseok and Yoongi fasten their pace.

“You should take him home Yoongi” Hoseok comments and the said male look at him.

“You should spend more alone time together you know.” He bumps his shoulder with Yoongi’s and the latter just stares at Taehyung and Jimin’s backs.

“I don’t even remember saying I needed new shoes until you brought it up.” Yoongi replies.

“That’s good then, at least now I know I didn’t have to lie to them.” He bumps onto Yoongi again and then jogs after the two. Yoongi just shakes his hand and opts to lag behind a bit.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They first went around the School supply section, after finding out that the project Jimin and Taehyung had was the same project they also had before they were already done in a few minutes.

They had more time to roam around the footwear section so the four of them scattered to find Yoongi a pair. Parting ways, Taehyung gave Jimin a pat in the back. The latter determined to find the perfect pair for his unsuspecting crush; he goes straight to the brand that he likes. Dancing was his hobby that only Taehyung knows so when they have time they shop around for shoes and this brand suited him well. Maybe it would suit Yoongi too.

He was a few feet away when he noticed a mop of platinum grey hair and noticed that it was Yoongi when the said person turned around and now was facing him.

‘Shoot’ Jimin’s inner self hisses but he moves forward nevertheless.

“Hyung, you like this brand too?” ‘What are you talking about Park Jimin, you digging your own grave or what?’ Jimin scolds himself internally. What the halo did he just say?

“You buy from this brand too Jimin?” He responds as Jimin got closer to where he was.

“Uhm, yeah… kind of, I bought a pair from this brand once and I liked it so I tend to buy from this one ever since.” He explains as he eyed the display to distract himself to not stare at the guy beside him.

“Hmm… if that’s the case can you recommend me one? Then I’ll try it and see if it’s good.” Yoongi motions for him to look around and he nods. He walks the aisle, eyeing the various designs and settles on one, holding it out to Yoongi who was following behind him.

It was a simple one; it consisted of black and white. Yoongi smiles at him and settles on a bench nearby, Yoongi tried it out and the size fit him well and was surprisingly comfy. But there was still Taehyung and Hoseok so he removes the shoe and hands it to Jimin.

“It’s nice, but I still have to see what Hoseok and Taehyung has for me so I’ll choose by then. So let’s go find them?” Jimin just smiled and they walk off together, they first found Hoseok who was only a few aisles away and Taehyung had been roaming around as well that they just saw each other on the way.

“They all settled on a bench, Yoongi tried on what Hoseok had and it good too. Considering he was in sports and dance crew he would really have a good sense in choosing the good ones. He tries on the next, the one that Taehyung chose, was too colorful for his own comfort. Even Hoseok and Jimin shake their heads in disapproval.

“Sorry Tae, I’m not really into flowers.” He smiles apologetically as the hoobae frowned saying it was cute and Jimin face palmed himself saying that the one he picked was specifically for running. To which Taehyung argues that it was all the same and that the one he picked was nicer.

“So, what is the jurisdiction Mr. Min?” Hoseok quips and Yoongi stares at the two pairs and then he turns to the former “Hoseok how much is this?” The boy in question just smiles coyly at him and says “144 dollars?...” he falters and immediately Yoongi hands the shoes back to Hoseok saying “It’s good while it lasted man, too expensive. I’m good with this one.” He points to the shoes Jimin had chosen and as the two return the shoes, Yoongi and Jimin head to the register.

“You sure that’s fine hyung? This one was expensive too I think.” He stands next to Yoongi a little bit closer and leans back when the older looks at him.

“I know, but Hoseok’s was way more expensive than this one. It almost feels the same anyway so I’m good.” He reassures him as they take the cue. A few minutes later Hoseok and Taehyung finally found them but they opted to wait at the line beside the cashier. Jimin excuses himself to go to them and Yoongi was already in the counter.

A minute later and Yoongi’s done, they all head home. Fortunately it was not that dark yet.

Hoseok and Taehyung being the neighbors that they are decided to go home together.

Jimin and Yoongi walk back to the café. As they got to his motorbike, Yoongi closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

“Jimin”

“Hyung”

They said at the same time.

“Oh, you first hyung.” Jimin insisted and Yoongi continues.

“Would it be better if I drive you home instead? It’s getting late anyway.” He looks straight at Jimin but the latter was staring at the motorbike.

“It’s alright hyung, the bus stops’ just right there” He points at a shed a few feet away.

“Pssh…” He hands Jimin the other helmet to which the other clambers to take “We’re already here, just get on already. It’ll save you more time and we’ll be at your house before it gets too dark.” He positions on the bike and wears his helmet. He hands the paper bag as well after Jimin wears his. “Hold onto this for me?” Fortuantely for Jimin the warmth on his face and the blush that followed was already concealed on the tinted face shield. Jimin hold onto the bag and mounts the bike, puts the bag in between them and puts his left hand in Yoongi’s left shoulder.

“Aish… I already told you to put your hand around here.” He shrugs his shoulder so that Jimin’s hand would slide down to his waist. “You should put your hand around here always; it’s dangerous if you hold onto the shoulders. Ok?” He feels the helmet on his back move and the grip on his abdomen tighten so he starts the engine and they drive off.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hoseok steals a glance at Taehyung as they stood side by side waiting for the bus to arrive. Remembering Yoongi and Namjoon’s teasing he sniggers and shakes his head. He should really stop thinking about it or it might really get to him and things will get out of hand again.

“What are you thinking about?” Taehyung finally speaks up and Hosoek sighs with a smile. “Hm, nothing to worry about Taehyung-ah.” He then looks towards his left and sees an upcoming bus.

It stops and they get on it and fortunately there were not too many pasengers so they take a seat, Taehyung opted to sit beside the window.

After a minute the bus starts to move and Taehyung speaks up. “If you keep things to yourself, you’ll go bald.” Hoseok turns to look at him questioningly. He doesn’t look at him back just staring out of the window as he continues. “That’s what I told Jimin once and he never keeps anything from me ever since.” He smiles fondly and Hoseok just stares, processing what he had just said and he was about to say something back when Taehyung speaks up again.

“I’m an impertinent child, that is what my mom would say when I was growing up. And if you really want to be friends with me you’ll have to suffer from my meddling if you got me curious enough.” This time he looks at him for a second and he’s back staring out the window again.

Hoseok relaxes on his seat as he replies. “I’ll keep that in mind. But I’m sure you wouldn’t want to hear this one, and I don’t really want to make you feel uncomfortable again.”

“Nah, I won’t. I promise” Taehyung then raises his hand and draws a cross on his chest. Hoseok just stares at him in amusement.

“Okay, if you say so.” A pause “Earlier Yoongi and Namjoon teased me about me liking you.” He looks at Taehyung as he said this and he knew that he was looking at him through his reflection in the mirror. He was quite for some time and they just stared at each other through their reflection until Taehyung breaks it and sighs.

“Why would they think that though?” Taehyung asked as he turned to face him.

“Apparently Yoongi kind of seen us when we got down the bus and we kind of linked hands when we ran and he thought that it was cute.” He smiled in response, but Taehyung was already in adifferent kind of turmoil as he kept on a poker face but his heart and mind was all ready to explode.

“You really don’t have to think too much about it though, they were just really teasing.” Hoseok adds and he doesn’t know whether to relax or be disappointed. He just smiles and stares at the window again. “Don’t worry hyung, in freshman year our classmates even thought that Jiminie and I were dating because we unconsciously cling into each other.” He says as he smiled into the memory, not noticing how Hoseok had been quite after that.

And if you want to know why, it was because a memory flashed into him as well, a kid, not much younger than him calling him ‘Hobi’ as they laughed and ran after each other.

 “Come on hyung this is our stop” He feels a nudge on his side and Taehyung was pushing him out of his seat so he stands up and they exit the bus.

They walk side by side, Hoseok giving him advice on how they can make their project better.

They were almost there and suddenly Hoseok stops in his tracks causing Taehyung to do the same.

“What’s the problem hyung?” Taehyung inquires as he looks at him. Hoseok was staring at his shoes and he follows his line of sight. But before he could clearly see what the problem was the boy was already running when he said something about shoelaces and Taehyung completely looks down and he sees that his shoelaces were untangled but when he turned back Hoseok was already entering the gate of his own home making a face at him before he was completely gone.

Taehyung just huffs but he had a smile on his face as he bent down to fix the problem and when he was done he jogs as he reached his house and locked the gate. He feels his phone vibrate and he checks who it was.

From: Hoseok-hyung

  ‘Do you remember what you used to call me when we were kids?’

   He greets his mom as he made a beeline straight to his room.  After he heard his mom yell after him that dinner was ready he closes the door of his room and types in a reply.

To: Hoseok-hyung

 ‘Completely random hyung, but yeah I do. Why?’

He plops his bag and the supplies on his bed and he closes the curtains. He then connects his phone to charge while he changed. As he shook off his uniform he sees his phone light up, it was still on mute so it just probably vibrated. He hurries up and opts to wear the white oversized shirt that he experimentally ripped in three different places. It didn’t reveal anything though, just to make it look like it was ripped carelessly and a matching sweatpants.

He jumps on the bed and crawled towards his phone and read the message.

From: Hoseok-hyung

 ‘Nothing, I just remembered earlier when you talk about Jimin you called him by his pet name. Then I recalled that we used to call each other pet names too. It brought back memories…hihi; gtg mom’s calling me for dinner.’

 

Taehyung smiles and he sets aside his phone as he too gets out and head to the dining room. Seeing his mom already setting the table he approaches her to help as they wait for his dad that was already behind him a few minutes late.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The motorbike slows down as they near Jimin’s house. He grips on the brakes and they stop right in front of the gate. He feels movement behind him as Jimin dismounts and he straightened his body, carefully balancing the motorbike as Jimin removes the helmet from his head and fixes his hair. ‘Cute’. Yoongi thought as the boy hooks the helmet back to its place.

“Thank you for the ride again hyung.” Jimin bows and hands the bag back to Yoongi to which the latter accepts and hangs it on his right handlebar.

“Anytime, I’ll get going now.” He smiles before positioning his face shield back to cover his face and starts the motorbike. Jimin watched as he drove off, he suddenly felt warm inside and he scurries off to open the gate and lock it after getting in and ran as fast as he could to his room. Completely ignoring the fact that his mom was trying to hide from the side of the window so as not to look like she was peeking from it earlier.

 

 

 

*I’m not going to say anything….

I’m just gonna roll to the side and cry…

Bye!!!