one

You belong with me?

 Kim Taehyung a total nobody in Bangtan High, a junior, not particularly nerdy not that really popular either. Just a normal dude in class trying to survive the High School life with his best friend Park Jimin, the human version of the smiley emoji.

        They’ve been friends since freshman year then turned best friends when they found out that the other is gay, but not with each other though. And by found out meaning Taehyung questioning Park Jimin if he was gay on that one time when they passed the open basketball court of the the school where a certain senior and his group of friends were practicing and that certain senior hitting Park Jimin with the ball in the head (Kim Taehyung can’t imagine how it really happened considering there was a high fence between them and the group but it already happened and he didn’t have the time to question it since his friend was already angry at whoever it was that hit him but suddenly he goes mute and stares at the person who had admitted to the crime and was jogging towards them all pale and mint green hair.), by the now popular shooting guard of the basketball team, Min Yoongi.

Jimin was interrogated by the curious Kim Taehyung ever since that day at the open court every time he and Jimin would cross paths with Min Yoongi and his pals, his friend would have this mini panic attack though he tried to not be so obvious about it. Unfortunately he befriended a very observant Kim Taehyung, so that was that and he finally admitted saying that he just experienced love at first sight and though it was supposed to be weird because it was with a guy. He didn’t feel that way at all and at that moment Kim Taehyung proclaimed Park Jimin his best friend and then shared his own secret too that he was crushing on a dude as well. And that he was not alone and he didn’t have to worry because it wasn’t weird at all and it’s already 2014, society can go shoot themselves. 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now sitting on his bed reading Shakespeare because he has to write an essay that was due in a week, but to be honest he couldn’t concentrate at all or rather he wasn’t concentrating in the first place. He just wanted an excuse to steal a glance at his neighbor/ (was) his best friend when they were still kids/ crush.

Taehyung thinks that he might be lucky considering that they lost touch with each other ever since his crush had to go away to live with his grandparents. Though he vaguely remembers a six year old Taehyung and & a seven year old neighbor that they promised to still be close when his best friend comes back, with snots and tears as they part, or it was just a scenario he made in his head when he realized that he really has a crush with his neighbor. Still Taehyung wished they would go back to the way it was when he finally saw that his neighbor was back seven years later. Taehyung is a freshman and his neighbor had just transferred to his school as a sophomore.

Taehyung learned from his parents that the reason his (then) childhood friend was back is because both his grandparents passed away. Though not at the same time, since they were the only reason that his neighbor had been away there was no reason for him to stay there anymore so now he was back and Taehyung didn’t know what to feel. Then at school he found out that the guy was popular at his previous school and was now also gaining popularity at his school. It made it more difficult for Taehyung to approach the guy and he wasn’t really fond of meddling in with the cool kids either so he just settled to avoid the other and continue on with life.

That is until he found out that his room was just across his crush. Their windows facing each other letting him see almost what consisted of his room. Lucky indeed.

Hoseok or Hobi as what would Taehyung like to call him when they were kids is currently having an argument over the phone (probably his girlfriend), Teahyung thought. He sighed as he plopped his book on the side and reached out for his mini white board. It was a silly idea from Jimin that he should try and communicate with his crush too ever since that day they became best friends. And Taehyung being the curious teenager that he was or blame it on the raging feels he tried it and his heart almost pumped out of his chest when Hoseok smiled, but then it was gone and Hoseok left the room. Taehyung was cold and nervous when it happened but then Hoseok was back with stacks of paper in his hands scribbled on it for a good three seconds and saw ‘HI!’ written on it. And Taehyung felt like fainting. He was really happy he treated Park Jimin to anything he wanted to eat the next day, they’re classmates even thought they were dating and teased them about it.

And that was how as Taehyung would call it ‘closure’ back with Hoseok. Though he would still avoid him at school not unless Hoseok makes the first move and smile at him Taehyung would return shyly. Happy for the fact that Hoseok had taken into consideration of his dislike of the cool crowd.

‘You Ok?’ Taehyung wrote on the mini board when Hoseok ended the call and raised it up a little so that the latter could see as soon as he got his attention.

‘Tired of Drama’ Hoseok replied and raised his own board too forcing a smile. Taehyung wanted to scowl but he just showed his sympathetic smile after all he doesn’t have a reason to scowl in the first place.

‘Girls -_-‘ Taehyung tries, every relationship Hoseok had whenever he was sad Taehyung would try to make him smile. It was the least he could do; seeing the person he liked getting sad over girls who just wanted Hoseok because he was popular just didn’t feel right for Taehyung. And Taehyung wondered why Hoseok still go out with them when it’s obvious what the girls’ intentions were. But he wasn’t about to ask him that. 

‘Yeah, g’night’ Hoseok stood up and moved towards the window waving with his other hand as he clutched on the mini board on the other and made a move to close his curtain and Taehyung waved back showing him his square smile and it made Hoseok laugh though he couldn’t hear it Taehyung’s heart was beating fast now knowing that he was the reason behind it. He was thankful that Hoseok wouldn’t hear it as well.

 

 

 

After dinner Hoseok went up to his room again thanking his mom on the way and bidding his parents goodnight. Sitting on his bed Hoseok noticed the light on the window facing his was still flaring brightly and he stood up and peeked from the curtain moving it slightly to the side.

And there Taehyung was dancing and lip syncing again his headphones covering his ears as he moved to his room feeling the song, Hoseok smiled at that, he wondered why Taehyung was reserved in school unless when his with that Jimin guy. Seeing Taehyung so carefree like this really makes Hoseok glad and before he could get carried away with his thoughts Hoseok turned off the lights and plopped down to bed smiling as he remembers Taehyungs’ ridiculous dance moves and square shaped smile.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Taehyung adjusted himself on his seat as he continued to write, he was waiting for Jimin to finish his turn on an individual recital for a subject, since Jimin still has a long way to go before his turn Taehyung decided to wait in the library. Starting that essay for his English class so that he could finish it early, not until he noticed a trio entering the library. Kim Namjoon, the genius of the school and also the quarterback of the football team. Min Yoongi on his right, the famous shooting guard of the schools’ basketball team, also a genius next to Namjoon and a musical prodigy. And to his left is Jung Hoseok, also a quarterback, also the president of the dance team of the campus.

And the people inside the library started to have a quiet panic attack especially the girls, but the librarian was quick to catch on and rang her bell, meaning they have to shut up now or else they all get locked up inside and an impromptu seminar about the pros and cons of using the school library to which no one really wanted to happen.

Realizing that the trio was situating themselves just a table away from Taehyung’s he quickly grabbed his book and tried to cover his face with it trying to immerse himself to it but then he realized it was Trigonometry instead of English. Just his luck, and he tried his best to immerse himself to read but then it’s Trigonometry, half of the entire Junior population of this school hates Trigonometry. On the process of staring at a seemingly weird equation something caught Taehyungs’ view, he tries to take a peek but then he sees Hoseok smiling at him. He waved but then he was pointing at Taehyung or more likely to Taehyungs’ book. He closed it to see what’s wrong but then Taehyung wanted to slap himself ‘HARD’ on the face, the book was upside down. He chanced a glance at Hoseoks table where the three of them was smiling at him now. But then resumed to whatever they were doing.

‘Great’ Taehyung spat internally in his head as he gingerly turned the book on its right position. He suddenly has the urge to pray for Jimins’ face to pop out that door right now. As he slowly packed his things and try to escape on his own. A few minutes later and Taehyung felt someone occupy the chair beside him. Relieved when he saw Jimins’ apologetic face, whispering ‘sorry’ but he didn’t have time to waste and he grabbed Jimins’ hand and they rushed out of the library.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Park Jimin entered the library as he tried to look for Taehyung, and there he saw his friends blonde locks on the table, he was about to approach him when his view spots Min Yoongi with two of his friends Kim Namjoon and Jung Hoseok settled just a table away from Taehyung. He wanted to back out now while there’s still time but he can’t leave his comrade behind. Crossing his fingers behind his back he sauntered towards his best friend only eyeing his table as he walked past Min Yoongi and his friends.

Apologizing as he sat down beside Taehyung, the look on his friends face tells him that he was more than ready to leave the room. So when Taehyung clasps his hands he bolted up with his friend and exited the library. In their haste of escape they didn’t notice two sets of eyes focused on them.

Namjoon just wanted to facepalm himself.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

That night Jimin decided to have a sleepover at Taehyungs’ so that they could talk about the idiocy that the latter did in the library.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That night Hoseok had just another fight with his girlfriend but then he receives a text telling him that they weren’t over yet and he just sighed. He glanced at Taehyungs’ room and the curtains were still closed. But he already knew the reason why. That Park Jimin was there, he was having a sleep over at the Kim household, if the bag he was carrying with him wasn’t enough indication. He was having a sleep over, he was in Kim Taehyung’s room right now, staring at it far more longer than needed he noticed that the curtains have been replaced with a much darker and thicker one. Much different from the lighter ones that Taehyungs’ mom would replace it with. This wasn’t good, he thinks, or maybe he’s just overthinking things, maybe Taehyung’s mom decided for a darker color for a change. But then he vaguely remembers her changing the curtain’s just a few days ago.

Hoseok plops himself on the bed and opts to sleep in that state. Overthinking is bad.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

A month had passed since the library incident and he was back to his old self again. He didn’t have any more interactions with Jung Hoseok, the latter was too busy making out with his girlfriend or practice for the upcoming match with SM Academy’s team in a few weeks.

Now they were situated in the bleachers cheering for the basketball team. This was the last tournament for the seniors since they are graduating this year. It was a big event that their school hosted, supporters from the other team was invited to come as well. So the gym was packed but Taehyung could clearly see Hoseok and his friends and his girlfriend, of course, because apparently the jocks were privileged to sit on the very first row of stairs.

His bestfriend Park Jimin ever since the game started had been cheering nonstop he’d bet that he wouldn’t be able to speak tomorrow. But then love does that to you and even though it was getting really irritating he couldn’t bring himself to shut his best friend up and just joined him from time to time whenever that said senior scores.

Taehyung’s attention would falter on the game, and then to Hoseok. He could totally see his girlfriend feeling Hoseok up, ‘haaaah how lucky’ Taehyung thought to himself. He never knew why or maybe he was staring for a bit too long and his thoughts weren’t on the gym anymore that he didn’t notice that Hoseok’s girlfriend had disappeared and the said boy was waving at him now. Only then did he register everything on his mind when he felt an elbow hit him on the ribs and frantically waved back but then he sees the girlfriend reappear again and just the exact time Min Yoongi scores and he proceeds to cheer a bit louder than he expected and pretended that nothing had happened at all.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Hahaha, really funny Park Jimin, really funny” the game has ended and they were on their way back to Jimin’s house since it was much closer to school they decided to have a sleep over because the game had ended late.

“Sorry Taehyung-ah… it’s just that your face was so funny and your mouth was hanging open” Jimin tried to not laugh at the memory again but still he failed “Oh my Gaaad, I’m really sorry Taetae… here I’m gonna stop now hhmm” Jimin made a move to zip his lips and smiles his eyes gone to slits as he looks at Taehyung.

“Hmm, you better, just you see, I’m going to get my revenge… and I’ll be the one laughing.” And they both laugh at that and continued on their way, not noticing the group seated outside of the convenience store across the street

“Taehyung-ah” Someone calls out from the group of five.

Taehyung stood still and turned his head to the call. He knows that voice though it was a little faint, a man with broad shoulders was waving at them across the steet. He was with four more people who were looking at them now. But before he could register who those people were he was already waving back tugging Jimin along with him.

“JINNIE HYUNG!!!!” Taehyung greeted as the said man jogged down the stairs and met Taehyung with a hug. He really missed his cousin.

“I missed you Taetae…” Jin mumbled as he scrambled on his feet when Taehyung collided with him. His cousin had gotten taller than he had expected.

“I MISSED YOU TOO HYUNG… “ Taehyung breaks the hug and faces Jin. “How are you? When did you arrive? Why didn’t you tell me? Are you going to stay here now?...” But Jin cuts him off as he ruffled his hair and puts him on a headlock. And then lets him go when he notices the other boy who was witnessing their reunion on the side.

“I just arrived today Tae, and I was going to visit you first thing in the morning and make a surprise breakfast. But enough of that, who’s this handsome young lad?” Jin gestures towards Jimin as he slings an arm on Taehyungs neck.

“Oh, hyung, this is Park Jimin. My best friend.” He breaks free from Jin and pulls on Jimin closer “and Jiminnie, this is my cousin, Kim Seokjin.” And the two shook hands and Jimin just stares at Jin.

“Ahhh… so he’s Jiminnie… HI!! I heard a lot about you from Taehyung, thank you for always tolerating him.”

“Yah hyung, what does that-“

“Yeah… I barely manage it sometimes.” And Taehyung pouts at that seeing that his favorite cousin and best friend had come to an agreement and shakes their hands enthusiastically this time.

“Hyung-hyung” and Jimin thought Taehyung was going to have a whiplash.

“KOOOOOOOOOOOKIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!” Taehyung cries out as he ascends the stairs and tackles the said boy on the ground.

“Come on, I gotta help Kook before he chokes to death.” Jin jokes as he gestures for Jimin to go up first.

Jimin just smiles and follows and as he ascends the stairs he wished he didn’t, it’s just like dejavu of th library episode. Taehyung must be really out of his mind right now, he didn’t notice he has an audience.

There watching the scene was the trio hotshots of the school, but now one was watching Park Jimin and the latter wanted to run back but he couldn’t because Jin was right behind him.

‘Seriously?’ Jimin cries out internally as well, as he moved to the side to let Jin pass. Averting his eyes to the one and only MIN YOONGI.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After the fiasco and Tehyung had gone back to his senses after meeting his cousins. He was now in an inner turmoil. This was like the library episode all over again, but this time it was worse.

Now they were seated with the five of them, seated between Jungkook and Jin, and Jimin got seated beside Min freaking Yoongi. As it turns out they were celebrating Min Yoongi’s win.

He soon found out that Jin was apparently in a relationship with Kim freaking Namjoon. He was the mystery guy his hyung was talking about when they Skype.

And that his Jin hyung was staying for good in Korea to finish his studies.

Taehyung thanked the high heavens because Jeon Jungkook just saved them both the trouble from being awkward around the group. Since the three of them were younger they immersed themselves in their own to avoid talking to the four adults. Though Jin would join them from time to time, and he would find a way to talk to Jungkook and Jimin again. If Jin noticed how awkward Taehyung is getting then he wasn’t saying anything or he was just dense.

After that they parted ways bidding the seniors goodbye stiffly and Jin promising to visit Taehyung the next following day since he was having a sleep over at Jimins’. And two seniors tried to hide the surprise in their faces when they heard about it but Namjoon knew better but he tried to be nonchalant about it.

As they went on their way the two held their breaths together only letting it out when they rounded the corner feeling their heartbeats as they stare at each other in shock.

“That was…” Jimin started.

“Awkward” Taehung added.

“Super” Jimin finished and they continued walking in silence. A comfortable one as they tried to cope with the shock to themselves.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

What was that earlier?” Jin asked his boyfriend as they settled on the couch, Jungkook was already asleep and the two of them opted to spend the night together at Jin’s apartment.

What happened earlier?” Namjoon tried to evade this question since he can’t really keep things from his boyfriend.

Oh, you know what I’m talking about.” Jin sat up from his position and Namjoon groaned at the loss of heat on his chest.

I don’t know anything about it Jin, let’s just go back to cuddling hmm… you know how much I missed this.” He tried to persuade the other to go back and squish himself to Namjoon’s chest.

You know I won’t let this go right? So you better tell me now or this tactic of yours is gonna be futile.” Jin conceded and allowed himself to rest his head on his boyfriends’ chest.

Yeah, I know, but don’t worry. Say… want me to use another tactic of mine to make you forget about this?” Namjoon caresses Jin’s face and winks suggestively as his boyfriend makes a move to take a peek.

 “Whatever Namjoon, can we just go back to sleep, we still have to talk tomorrow and besides Jungkook is here so control yourself please.” Jin countered as he buries his face on the crook of Namjoon’s neck trying to hide the blush that he was sporting.

"Whatever you say Princess… whatever you say…” Namjoon mumbles as he drifted off to sleep, Jin cradled in his arms.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

  It's Italized because they were conversing in English.     

 I don’t know this….

My mind is blank right now…hahaha…

What is this even…

:D

It's Vhope, Yoonmin, Namjin, and a forever Jungkook who has a crush with the munchkin Jimin. :p