IV- Seoul

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For three months, I worked on a coffee shop to save money, I don’t want to rely on my parents, especially since my father is against my dream. I worked from morning to night, scribble some lyrics before sleeping. My mom bought a small apartment for me, just enough for one person and a spare room in case someone comes. I just saw the pictures but never seen it in real.

 

Doyoon, on the other hand, decided to apply in Pledis University, major in acting, he wants to be an actor after all, so mom told us to share the apartments since it has a spare room. Doyoon was thrilled, we’ve been best friends since we were in womb.

 

“Jieqiong” I called her name, we’re at a coffee shop, it’s almost sunset time.

 

“Oppa” she looked at me while sipping her cappuccino.

 

“We need to break up” I shrugged. She looked shocked and spilled her coffee

 

“Are you joking? Why? Oppa tell me you’re joking”

 

“I’m going to Pledis University, I’m a scholar there, and the contract says relationships will be banned”

 

“Oppa-“

 

“I love you, okay? You’re very special to me” I cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears with my thumb.

 

“This is really mean of you oppa” she pulled my hands away, wiped her tears away, stood up and left me.

 

Hah…that felt bad. I called Doyoon, telling him that I’m ready for Seoul. Tomorrow is our trip to Seoul, I packed my bags anyway, not much things, I can buy clothes in Seoul since there are a lot of stores there. I went home to sleep, the day after tomorrow is the start of our semester, I can’t believe I’m one step closer to my dream job. I couldn’t sleep, I keep turning and turning.

 

“SEUUNGCHEOOL AHHHH” someone shouted on my ear and I bolted up, rubbing my eyes to see a stupid grin on Doyoon’s face.

 

“WHAT THE JANG DOYOON”

 

“It’s one already, we have to get to Seoul before sunset, come one big guy” he dragged me to the bathroom and prepared a bubble bath.

 

“Yah” I kicked his and pushed him out to prepare myself.

 

I took a short bubble bath, brushed my teeth and blow-dry my hair, I fixed my hair to look at myself, I looke quite okay, I think I can blend with Seoul people. My closet is connected to the bathroom, a few coats and shirts are there, I put on a white dress shirt, black skinny jeans and a pair of black Converse, putting on a gray flannel to keep me warm.

 

“Come on, come on”

 

Either Doyoon was excited to go to Seoul, or excited to drive my car, I will never know. I kissed mom’s cheek and she hugged me, getting teary. “I will miss you”

 

“Bye Mrs. Choi” Doyoon waved goodbye and bowed.

 

“Let’s buy some snacks or eat breakfast on a resting area”

 

“Sure”

 

Doyoon was excited to drive, as expected, we agreed on changing drivers on every rest stop, he literally wanted to try all the food to pass-by before going to Seoul. The whole drive is about three hours and Doyoon is very exaggerated. It won’t take us night time to reach Seoul. The first stop was 1/3 of the way, we ate Nureunguksu (Daegu-style noodle soup) and seasoned raw fish, ordering iced Americano to stay aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter