XXIII- Reunion

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For once, I felt like I was dreaming and I wished I’ll never wake up, but it turns out, reality is better this time. Seungmin hyung, my hyung, the hyung I haven’t seen for months, the person I talked to when no one wanted to listen, when I have no one by my side, his eyes were closed before, but they were wide open today. I couldn’t help but quickly knelt down to him, holding both of his hands.

 

“I’m sorry hyung, I’m really sorry. I took years off of you, I’m sorry” I kissed his fingers as tears started pouring like falls.

 

“Are you-why is your hair blonde? Did mom allowed you, Choi Seungcheol explain” he pulled his hands away, ruffling my hair.

 

“You know I wanted to be a performer since grade school, well hyung, I’m an idol now” I whispered, too embarrassed to call myself an “idol”

 

“Cheol, are you drunk?” his eyes were still droppy but he looked alright.

 

“No, look” I took out a signed album that was for my parents, just to show it to him

 

He was speechless, he then looked at me and tried to hug me but the IVs were stopping him. “I’m so proud of you Cheol, I’m sorry I couldn’t be with you” he wiped his eyes “Hyung, it’s my fault, if I didn’t ask you to drive-“I was cut off when he patted my arm. “I wanted you to see Jeonghan, I know how much he inspires you and it was the drunk driver’s fault, Cheol, you don’t deserve any blame” he smiled softly, I didn’t even realize that my parents were in the same room until a soft hand patted my shoulder, I looked up to see mom who opened her arms.

 

“Baby, it’s been so long since you last visited Daegu” she rubbed comforting circles on my back, I looked at dad cautiously, but for the first time, after hyung got into accident, he gave a small smile.

 

“I uh, I wanted to give you both a signed album, well, I wanted to just do it then go, but the town’s festival is here too so I decided, maybe I can stay for a little bit longer?” I asked her, she cupped both of my cheeks, tiptoeing to kiss my forehead.

 

“You’re our baby, idol or not, you’re always welcomed in Daegu” she hugged me, soon, dad was hugging me too, for once, I felt like I belong in this family.

 

“I can’t stand up so I’ll hug you all mentally” hyung joked, we all chuckled.

 

“Grandma is coming tomorrow after hearing Seungmin’s awake now” dad told everyone, checking his phone “I have an operation to do, both of you take care of Seungmin”

 

“Bye honey” mom told him, he went out, mom held both of my hands, she smiled softly.

 

“You lost weight, have they been putting you on diet?” she asked me, I shrugged and nodded.

 

“Well, let’s get you something to eat, diet is only for Seoul people” she teased, hyung wanted to look at the album so I left it to him and went with mom to the hospital’s cafeteria.

 

Mom felt really shy because, well, some people literally stares at idols. “Cheolll” Mrs. Kwon, the head of cafeteria greeted me, she always gave me extra rice whenever I buy food here. “Auntie” I bowed, as usual, she gave me more rice than it should be “Aigoo, he needs to eat more, look at him so skinny, Seoul people are really weight conscious” mom started a short conversation, embarrassing me again.

 

“Mom, you’re really embarrassing me” I told mom as we sat down.

 

“Hi girls, please put a sticker on my face when you upload it” she suddenly talked to three high school students, taking stolen shots, embarrassing me again.

“Mom, oh my God, I’m so embarrassed” I buried my face on my palm, shaking my head.

 

“Hey, I supported you, you big baby”

 

“Mom, don’t call me baby in public, I’m embarrassed already”

 

“Aigoo, our Choi Seungcheol is acting like an idol in front of his mom, omo”

 

“I…oh my God mom”

 

I started eating as mom told me stories of what happened in Daegu while I was in Seoul. “Seungcheol hyuuuuung” Mingyu’s annoying cooing voice was caught by my radar, “What are you doing here?” I asked him as he sat next to me, he then introduced himself to mom first. “Anyway, I saw someone uploaded in SNS that you’re here so I just went to check on you, as your junior” he grinned widely, showing his fangs.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Hyungnim, do you really have a girl group member’s phone number? We’re all dying, maybe you can make a call right now?” he asked me, I facepalmed.

 

“I only have my senior’s phone number- you really went all the way here for that?”

 

“Like After School Nana? Come on hyuuuuung”

 

“Mingyu- really”

 

I dialled the number and was surprised to hear noona answering it. “Noona, it’s Seungcheol” I started awkwardly, we’re not really close, I’m closer to Raina noona, but then, well, yeah, “Oh hey, I’m in a photoshoot is something wrong?” she asked me, Mingyu was looking at me like an excited puppy with a new toy. “Oh, I just want to cheer my seniors on your shoot, fighting” I told her, she chuckled “Congr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter