XII- The Daegu Boy

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Congratulations to Tempest, they are the first group to win number one in the fastest time, congratulations” the MC told us. It has been two weeks since debut and Jonghyun is holding a trophy.

 

“Uh…wow thank you so much” Jonghyun was sobbing while making his speech, Minhyun was comforting Minki, Baekho was tearing up, Aron hyung was rubbing my back. I felt blank. Did we really win a number one?

 

“S.Coups-sshi, go on” the MC handed me the mic…

 

“Ah…thank you to CEO-nim, to our parents and company, to our seniors and to our fans, we love you” I made a quick speech and couldn’t help but tear up, finally, my parents will be proud of me.

 

The encore stage, we were performing with teary eyes full of smiles, fans were singing along to our title song “Hello” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH_T64XbikY) an emotional song about a couple who broke up but they still care for each other. “We’re going to do a W broadcast when we get to the dinner place, CEO gave me his card to treat the whole staff” Doogi hyung told us, we all cheered and changed clothes then moved to a restaurant to eat dinner.

 

“Hyung we made it” I told Aron hyung, I was sitting between him and Doogi hyung.

 

“We’re still starting, silly, eat up” he ruffled my hair.

 

“Ah, I have an exam tomorrow” I buried my face on my palm, remembering my English exam

 

“It’s easy, don’t worry about it”

 

Yeah, even if we debuted, we still have to attend academic classes, it’s kind of hard to manage but I’m thriving to graduate. We went home early since we were all worn out too. Doogi hyung had to wake me up early so I can prepare for class, my phone was bombarded with congratulatory messages from classmates to friends from Daegu. Even my mom congratulated me and told me that hyung’s finger moved yesterday.

 

I had to attend an 8am class, I wore some casual clothes, I mean, I’m still an idol even if I’m attending school. What shocked me were fansites outside the entrance of Pledis University. Doogi drove me to campus but had to go somewhere so I’m on my own. As usual, he reminded me stuff like selca prohibition and no scandals.

 

“Omo oppa” I bowed to Doogi hyung and went out the car to be greeted by flashes.

 

“Omo”

 

“Coups”

 

“Omo”

 

After a miraculous battle against flashes I found my way inside Pledis to be greeted by students. “Hi, congratulations on your win!” they greeted and I just bowed, looking for my class. “CHOI SEUNGCHEOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL” ah, that voice, Jang Doyoon. I glared at him and he chuckled “I got into a show, Saturday Live, you know, the comedy one” he wrapped an arm around my shoulder

 

“Actor Jang” I shook his hand

 

“Rapper Choi” we both chuckled, it has been a while since we last talk.

 

We decided to meet up and have a talk after exam, to catch up. The professor congratulated me too, I felt shy walking around, I’m still not used to people calling me S.Coups and congratulating me. Doyoon and I went to the café we usually hang out and guess what? It was packed. “Ah, Seungcheol-ssi” the owner greeted me, I was sipping my coffee when he suddenly approached me. “Yes sir?” I asked him and he handed me a paper “Can you give us a sign?” he asked me, I nodded awkwardly and signed the paper. “Ah, you’re so famous, like, I wouldn’t know you will be this big, I should have joined Tempest” he whined and I punched his shoulder teasingly.

 

“I have a three day break this weekend, I’m going back to Daegu” I told him, a more serious tone

 

“I’m coming with ya”

 

“Really?”

 

“Choi Seungcheol, we’ve been friends since birth, you, talking in that tone means you want me to come with you”

 

“Jang Doyoon, you’re really something”

 

And Friday morning, right after a recording broadcast, I changed clothes, packed my bags and drove to the apartment to get Doyoon. “Idiot, today is Ms. Baek’s birthday” Doyoon commented as he insisted on driving. Today? Ms. Baek, she’s the reason behind my passion for music. She was my music teacher on 5th grade and has been supporting me on my passion for writing songs ever since. She’s the person who kept pushing me on this career, more than my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter