Sparks

After We Got Married - Ppyu Couple

Sungjae hurriedly took a bath. It took him quite some time to figure out what he was going to wear. By the time he found his outfit of choice, his bed was already covered by a pile of discarded clothes.

“Aish. I hope this is ok. Wouldn’t I be too underdressed? Anyway I only asked about getting coffee, it’s not like we’re gonna have dinner or something. Ah, molla molla. This will do.”  Sungjae said talking to himself.

Sungjae sneaked out of their BToB’s dorm (or at least that’s what he thought) but the members all know what he’s up to. Now an expert driver, Sungjae drove to Red Velvet’s dorm. He arrived in the parking lot 10 minutes earlier and he was surprised Joy was already there (all dolled up but not wearing a full make-up) waiting for him. It was like they planned what they were going to wear because Sungjae was wearing a white shirt topped with a simple denim jacket and Joy was wearing a white shirt and denim skirt. Sungjae stopped right in front of Joy, he was about to get out of the car to greet her first but she already opened the door in the passenger’s seat and went inside the car.

“Oppa!! How are you? It’s been a long time.” Joy said with a big smile.

“I’m fine. How are you? Yeah, it’s been a long time. But, has it really been that long? What happened to you? Did you get sick? You look like you’ve lost a few pounds.” Sungjae said unable to hide the worry in his tone.

Joy wasn’t so sure how she’ll answer SungJae’s question. It’s not like she can tell her that she wasn’t able to eat well for quite some time because she miss him so much. That would be too awkward so she just decided to brush off SungJae’s question.

“I’m fine, really, don’t worry about me. So, where are we going to get coffee?” Joy said while buckling her seat belt.

“Hmm. We might get in trouble with our agencies if people see us together. If you want I can just get us coffee from a nearby coffee shop. Just wait for me here in the car then we can drive to han river and drink out coffee there. It’s almost sunset. We’d probably have a nice view there.” SungJae said as they leave the parking lot of Red Velvet’s dorm.

“I think that’s a good idea.” Joy said while looking at SungJae. She missed this. Her, him, together. Driving around, talking to each other. She didn’t know how long she’s been looking at him and she didn’t really care. She thought he was too focused on driving, just like the way he drove the first time they used his car.

Little did she know, SungJae knows, he can feel that she’s not letting him off her sight and he likes it. He missed her too. He almost wanted to bang his head on a wall for not contacting her earlier. He can still feel Joy’s gaze on him and it was getting hard not to laugh and . After a few minutes, he can’t hold back his laughter any longer. He looked at Joy and .

“SooYoung a, if you continue looking at me like that I might melt.” SungJae said looking at Joy in the eye.

Joy blushed. Her face was all red and hot. Just when she thought her face can’t get red enough, she heard SungJae muttered something under his breath. It was just a faint whisper but she heard it very clear.

“Or I might just kiss you.” SungJae whispered unconsciously.

Their hearts were beating crazy. Thank goodness the strange vibe in the car disappeared when SungJae saw a coffee shop.

“There’s a good coffee shop. I’ll just park the car. Wait for me here, I’ll get us something to drink. Uh, what do you want to drink?” SungJae asked Joy, their eyes met, for a second there the strange vibe came back, like there was some spark in them.

“Why is it so hot today? I want something cold, really. Strawberries and cream frap sounds good.” Joy said, looking away from SungJae’s eyes.

SungJae felt it too. He’s mind is going crazy. He keeps on picturing Joy’s lips + strawberries + cream. The more he thought about it, the more he want to kiss Joy right on her lips. He was so lost in thought he almost bumped on the café’s doors if somebody didn’t open it for him.