Message Received

After We Got Married - Ppyu Couple

Joy stared at SungJae’s text message for a few seconds but those few seconds for her it felt like a really long time. A lot of different thoughts popped to her head. She kept on thinking of reasons why SungJae would suddenly text her.

“What do should I do?? Should I reply right away? Wouldn’t that look like I was too eager to talk to him? Should I wait for at least an hour or two before replying? What should I reply to him??”

Joy kept on thinking of all those questions but she just can’t decide on what to do. She decided to swallow her pride, ran out of her room and went straight to the only person who can possibly help her. Her unnie, Irene, who unfortunately is together with all her other group members.

“Unnie!!!!!” Joy shouted.

“Ya why? What happened? What’s wrong?” Irene said while she and all the other members looked at Joy.

“Uhm, well, I need help with this. Can I talk to you for a second?” Joy answered.

“Ya! Park Sooyoung! You’re keeping secrets from us now huh? Why can’t you say what you need to say here?” Wendy said, asking like she was annoyed but she was just faking it to make Joy feel guilty.

“Uhm, uhh, fine. I’ll share it to you guys, but please, don’t tease me after this alright?!” Joy said.

“So, what is it?” Irene asked.

“Unnie, SungJae finally texted me. The problem is, I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how I should reply to him.” Joy said while fidgeting her toes.

“Well, first, what did he say? What was his message?” asked Wendy.
 

From: Ne Nampyeon

Joy-a~~~~ Annyeong!! ^^

 

“THAT’S IT? That’s all he said?” Yeri asked.

“Yeah, that’s it.” Joy answered softly.

“Sooyoung a, you don’t really need our help for this one. Just say what you want to say to him. You’ve been friends for quite a while now. If there’s anyone here who knows how to talk to SungJae, that would be you. Don’t worry about anything else. Just act like how you usually do when you’re with him. Only this time, you’re talking to him through text.” Irene calmly answered.

“I think you’re right unnie. Maybe I’m just over-thinking. I’ll just reply a simple hello and see how we’ll go from there. Thank you.” Joy said as she walked back to her room.

“But you can still ask us if you’re unsure, alright?” Irene called to her.

“Yeah, thank you guys.” Joy answered as she closed her door.

In BTOB’s dorm

“Ya SungJae, why do you keep looking at your handphone? Are you expecting a call from a special someone?” Teased Eunkwang.

SungJae just ignored Eunkwang. He cannot understand why he was so nervous waiting for Joy’s reply. He hopes that he wasn’t too late. He thought that after WGM, Joy would simply move on. He thought she might feel weird if he keeps contacting her when their virtual marriage is already over. Boy was he wrong. If it wasn’t for Wendy’s text message, he would never have the courage to contact Joy.

A few minutes passed and he still haven’t received a reply from Joy. He thought it was odd because Joy always have her hand phone within reach and she never puts it in silent mode unless she’s shooting. He cannot wait any longer so he decided to just call Joy.

SungJae & Joy’s phone conversation

Joy was texting when her phone suddenly rings. She was so surprised to see SungJae calling that she almost dropped her phone. She calmed herself a little before answering the call.

SungJae: “ Yeoboseyo, Joy-a, it’s been a long time! How are you? Did you receive my text?”

Joy: “O~ SungJae-a, Annyeong! I got your text, I was texting my reply when you called. I’m good, how about you?”

SungJae: “I’m good too.  I watched our last WGM episode along with our members. Aigoo—you really cried a lot that day huh?... I miss recording that show.”

*Pabo, why did I say “I miss recording that show” when I should have said “I miss you”. SungJae thought to himself

Joy: “I watched it too. Yeah, I guess I got crazy that day. I nearly cried my eyes off. I looked horrible. Hey! I wasn’t the only one who cried!! I saw you holding back your tears when I confessed acting like a noona because it was your ideal style. I… I miss recording that show too.”

SungJae: “I told you, you don’t look horrible. You look pretty.  You always do. You look pretty when you cry but you’re prettier when you’re smiling. When you’re laughing, that’s when you look at your prettiest.”

Joy didn’t know what to say. Her heart was beating frantically because of those words that SungJae said. There was a long awkward silence, it was like they were listening to each other’s breathing until SungJae broke the silence.

SungJae: “Sooyoung-a, the recording the show isn’t exactly what I miss. I miss recording it of course but what I miss most about it is you… What I’m saying is that… I miss you.”

Another awkward silence.

SungJae: “Yah!! Joy-a! Are you still there? Why don’t you say anything?”

Joy: “I’m still here. Ya. What do you expect me to say when you say those things?!”

SungJae: “How about you start with saying you miss me too?”

Joy: “Fine. I miss you too.”

SungJae knows he asked for it, still he got surprised when Joy said she misses him too. He wasn’t really this straight forward but to hell with it all. He gathered his courage and went straight to the point.

SungJae: “So, I miss you, you miss me too. I’m free today. Since you were able to answer my call I figure it’s your free day too. Why don’t we meet and get a cup of coffee or something?”

Joy was almost jumping. She was so happy she didn’t have to be the one to ask that they meet.

Joy: “Sure, but, uhm. The only problem I have is I don’t have a car. Our manager oppa is also having a day off so I don’t have anyone around that can drive me somewhere and were not really allowed to use public transportation.”

SungJae: “Well, It’s a good thing I have one. I’ll pick you up in 2 hours ok? Is that enough time for you to get ready?”

Joy: “Of course 2 hours is enough. Text me when you’re near our dorm so I can go down.”

SungJae: “See you later then!”

They ended the call, took a few deep breaths and excitedly prepare for their “DATE”. Though they were both wondering if they can actually call it a date or just a simple meeting with two friends.