Unnie Knows

After We Got Married - Ppyu Couple

Joy was alone in her room again watching Ppyu couple’s last episode on We Got Married. She’s been feeling really sad this past few days, she think she’s about to go crazy. She knew all along that while doing WGM with SungJae, at some point she started to have real feelings for him. However, she thinks that the feeling wasn’t mutual and even though that hurts, she learned to accept it. She tried convincing herself that she’ll get over SungJae once WGM ends. The past few months passed by really fast. She wasn’t ready. She wasn’t ready to let SungJae go and accept the reality that in the end, they are just a virtual couple.

In Red Velvet’s Dorm

“That’s it? So this is really the end of Ppyu couple? Just like that. Should I have confessed my real feelings to SungJae? Would that have made a difference?” Joy softly said, talking to herself while wiping away her tears. Then she heard a soft knock on her door.

“Sooyoung-a, are you ok? Can we talk?” Irene asked.

“Ne unnie, just give me a second.”, answered Joy.

Joy wiped her tears, blew her nose and looked at the mirror. She clearly looks like she just cried a bucket of tears but she’s still hoping her unnie would not notice. After blinking for a few seconds and deciding that there’s nothing more she can do to make her puffy eyes go away, she made her way to the door and opened it. Irene entered her room closing the door behind her. Irene sat on Joy’s bed and patted the space beside her, signaling Joy to do the same.

“Sooyoung-a, is there a problem? We were talking about you outside. We noticed that you’ve been quite depressed these past few days. You know you can talk to unnie right? I will listen. Just tell me what it is that’s bothering you.” Irene said to Joy.

“It’s nothing unnie. I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. This will pass.” Joy said with a fake smile.

“Ya. We’ve known each other for a while. Did you really think I wouldn’t know if you’re lying to me? If you’re really fine then why the hell were you crying here all by yourself? Come on, talk to me. Tell me what the problem is so that I can help you. If I can’t help you solve it then at least let me know what it is so that I’ll know how I can comfort you.” Irene urged.

“It’s not that I don’t want to talk to you. But I just think that it’s embarrassing to say it. I’m embarrassed by the fact that I’ve been depressed just because WGM ended. I really enjoyed recording that show unnie.” Joy said with a real but faint smile while thinking of all the happy memories, things she did with SungJae while she was still doing the show.

“So you miss it?” Asked Irene.

“Yes, I guess you can say that.” Answered Joy.

“Wait, let me change that question a little. Do you miss it, the show. OR, do you miss him, the one you’re doing that show with?” Irene asked.

“Unnie!! What? Why? What do you mean by that?! Why are you asking me that? I miss recording the show. I miss SungJae too of course, but just because he’s part of the show. I don’t miss him because I love him or anything. I’m not at all disappointed that our virtual marriage ended just like that. I’m not depressed because he didn’t even try to contact me after the show ended. It’s not like we became best of friends after meeting each other at least 2 times a month and spending time together for 2 days, sometimes even more. It’s not because I miss his hugs, his smile, his voice and definitely not because I miss him.” Joy said really fast, trying to convince her unnie while hoping deep inside that she will not see through her lies (again).

Irene can’t help but laugh really hard at what Joy said. She thinks Joy is so cute believing that her lie can convince her. In fact it did the opposite. She just confirmed that Joy has really fallen for SungJae, HARD. Her question was so simple, she could have answered it with a simple no but instead she said all those words.

“Aigoo, what do we do with our Sooyoung now huh? I guess our Sooyoung really fell in love with that brat kid from BTOB. Did you really think I will believe what you just said? I told you I know you well enough to know when you are lying. I just have one last question for you, and you don’t have to tell me the answer, all you have to do is think about it. All those words you said to convince me, did you really say that to convince me or to convince yourself?” Irene said while patting Joy’s head.

After asking Joy her last question, she stood up and made her way to the door. She went out of Joy’s room and said “You know where to find me if you’re ready to talk and tell me everything.”, just before she closed the door.

Joy was left sitting in her bed stunned. She was so satisfied with what she said and thought that she did really well convincing her unnie. She didn’t know where it went wrong and how Irene was able to see through all her lies. Now she doesn’t know what to do. She knows that Irene know now how in love she is with Yook SungJae. All the things in her head suddenly disappeared when she received a text and saw who it was from, “Ne Nampyeon (My Husband)”, YOOK SUNGJAE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello readers!! Thank you for reading this. I'm not sure if I'm doing well writing this story. please leave a comment. I'll accept all critisisms, be it positive or negative. :)