Last Episode

After We Got Married - Ppyu Couple

During the last day of filming We Got Married Joy cried really heard. 11 months of virtual marriage ended just like that. It was a good ending no doubt but for her, it’s not the ending that she wanted. In fact she didn’t want it to end at all. She can’t help but feel bitter about the fact that it ended just when she and Sungjae started being more sweet and affectionate, showing their true selves (for her at least she was being herself and not doing it just for the show).

In Red Velvet’s dorm

All girls, except for Joy were watching T.V. in the living room and eating some snacks. They were given 4 days to rest after having 2 weeks of continuous schedule.

“Sooyoung-a!! The new episode of We Got Married is airing!! Isn’t this you and Sungjae’s last episode? Why aren’t you watching?” Irene shouted.

“Where’s Sooyoung? I haven’t seen her since last night. Do you think she’s still asleep?” asked Seulgi.

“I don’t really know. Come to think of it, I didn’t even see her eat breakfast this morning. Do you think she’s ok? I noticed she’s been really down this past few days. I’m getting a bit worried.” Wendy answered.

“So I was not the only one who noticed the changed in her behavior. I saw her a few days ago constantly looking at her phone as if she was waiting for a call or something. When I asked her about it she just shrugged and told me it was nothing.” Irene said.

“Irene unnie, I think I know when it all started. Remember the day she came home looking like she ate 2 cups of Ramen then slept for a long time? Her face was really bloated and her eyes were all puffy Wendy unnie and Seulgi unnie kept on teasing her but she didn’t even fight back. She just smiled this weird sad smile and looked like she was about to cry again.” Yeri reminded them.

“I remember that day!! We were teasing her and all but she was not reacting so we just stopped because it got boring. Do you remember that day Seulgi?” Wendy asked looking at Seulgi.

“Yeah, I think I remember. Isn’t that the day she recorded her last episode of WGM?” Said Seulgi.

“Yeah!! That’s it! It’s that day! After we she just smiled then went inside the room saying she’s tired. She really cried a lot that day and there’s no denying she was really, really sad.” Wendy said.

“It’s been almost two weeks. Do you think that’s the only reason why she’s been down? Shouldn’t we talk to her already? She might have some other problems. I mean, there’s no reason for her to still be sad just because WGM ended right? It’s just a virtual marriage after all. It’s all just for show.” Asked Seulgi.

“Unless, it’s not.” Irene muttered under her breath.

“What do you mean by that unnie?” asked Wendy.

“Oh, did I just say that out loud? Well, what I mean is, unless it’s not just for show. What if our Sooyoung really fell in love? Think about it. Sooyoung is a cheerful person. She gets sad for a short time but after a while she goes back to her usual bubbly self. But this time it’s different. Ever since that day her virtual marriage ended she’s been quiet. She’s always looking at her phone, getting excited when she receives a text message but instantly becomes sad when she sees the text. It was like she’s waiting for a specific person to text her so she gets disappointed when she sees that it’s not the person she was waiting for.” Irene said so fast, she almost run out of breath.

“Oh no. Do you think she was waiting for Sungjae to contact her and he still hasn’t? Poor Sooyoung. What shall we do? Do you think she really fell for that Yook Seungjae?” Seulgi said.

“It’s the most logical reason for her sudden change in behavior. It’s too much of a coincidence that it started the exact same day her virtual marriage ended for it not to be the reason.” Irene concluded.

The four of them got surprised when Yeri came running out of nowhere. They thought it was Joy coming, since they didn’t even notice Yeri leaving the living room.

“Unnie, I was about to knock on Sooyoung unnies room when I heard a few whimpers. I think she’s watching WGM alone in her room and I think she’s crying.” Said Yeri.

“Aigoo. Our poor Sooyoung. What shall we do? Should I talk to her?” Irene said.

“Guys, don’t be mad at me because of what I’m about to say ok? Uhm… HyunSik oppa and have been in contact since that day we met for Sooyoung and Sungjae’s fairytale wedding. And when I say in contact, I mean as good friends. Just the normal hi-hello-how are you kind of thing. That said, I’ll text him and ask him how Sungjae is. I can’t believe that kid didn’t even try to contact our Sooyoung! He should have kept contact with her even just as a friend!” Wendy nervously said.

Meanwhile, in BTOB’s Dorm

The boys were in the living room waiting for WGM while eating fried chicken and some left over pizza. They love watching the show together while teasing SungJae and cringing because of his exchange of affection with Joy.

“Ya!! Yook Sungjae!! What the hell is wrong with you? Why do you look like a lost kid this past few days? You’re like a dark rain cloud walking around the dorm.” EunKwang shouted.

“Hyung stop bothering him. He’s just depressed ‘coz he won’t be doing lovey-dovey things again with Joy since their virtual marriage is over. Judging by how he’s acting I think their virtual marriage isn’t so virtual after all.” HyunSik said in a loud voice making sure SungJae hears him.

“Hyung, I’m not depressed. I’m just… a bit sad that WGM is over. I really had fun recording that show you know.” SungJae rebutted.

“Oh we know alright. We know how much you had fun recording that show WITH JOY.” HyunSik teased, putting an emphasis on the words “with Joy”.

SungJae just shrugged. He knows he’ll never win once his hyungs start to because he himself knows that what they are saying is true. He really started to develop some feelings for Joy. He didn’t know when it all started but he knows he’s not yet ready to act on it.

While watching the show, SungJae realized Joy really cried a lot and her eyes looked really sad. He didn’t notice it that much when they were recording because he tried to avoid looking into her eyes, afraid that he too might start crying just as much. He was concentrating on watching the show and every reaction of Joy too much he barely understood what HyunSik said until he felt a sharp smack on his thigh.

“Ya Yook SungJae! Are you crazy??!! You’ve been acting like a sad dark rain cloud these past few days yet you didn’t even try contacting Joy?? It looks like she’s been waiting for you to contact her! Ya!! Did you hear what I just said?” HyunSik said while smacking SungJae’s thigh.

“What did you say hyung? What do you mean by saying Sooyoung is waiting for me to contact her? Ei! That’s impossible. Stop teasing me.” Answered SungJae.

“Aigoo, this kid! I’m not teasing you!! I’m telling the truth. Look here, Wendy texted me. Apparently you’re not the only one who's sad because of the ending of your virtual wedding. At least Joy isn’t like you going round their dorm like a dark rain cloud, but she seems to be building up a storm inside her room. Wendy said she barely comes out and this past few days she keeps on looking at her phone WAITING for a text/call from SOMEONE. I wonder who.” Said HyunSik

“Really hyung?!! Sooyung is still sad? She have not forgotten about me yet?! Let me see that text!!” SungJae said with a huge grin while reaching for HyunSik’s phone.

“Wah. This is probably the happiest I’ve seen you ever since that day you came home from shooting that last episode of WGM.” EunKwang said while laughing at SungJae’s cute reaction from a single text message.

From: RV Wendy

Oppa!! Hello!! How are you? Uhm, this is probably weird but I would just like to ask, how’s SungJae doing? Your group’s maknae is a really really bad guy. After WGM ended how could he not even contact our Joy even just once? Surely they have became friends after recording that show together for 11 months! Our poor Joy has been quite depressed lately. Ever since that show ended. We usually see her looking at her phone like she’s been waiting for a call, a text or something. I bet she’s been waiting for SungJae to contact her.

SungJae’s eyes widened and he started smiling after reading Wendy’s text to his hyung. He knows he shouldn’t be happy that Joy is sad but he can’t help it. He’s happy that he’s not the only one saddened by the ending of their virtual marriage. He started thinking weather he should text Joy and ask her about how she felt after watching that last episode or would it be better if he just call her.