Quick Car Date

After We Got Married - Ppyu Couple

Continuation of the phone conversation:

SungJae: “Actually, I’m about to park to get some coffee… in a café right in front of your agency.”


Joy: “What?! Really?! 5 minutes!! I’ll be there in 5 minutes, wait for me in your car.”

SungJae: “Gwenchana, I’ll wait for you. You don’t have to rush. I’ve already finished my schedule for today. I’ll wait for you here.”

Joy: “Arraso oppa! See you in a while!”

With that, Joy ended their conversation and ran straight to shower room. After taking a shower Joy hastily wore her black hoodie, a base ball cap and a face mask then ran down to the café in front of the building. She saw SungJae’s car parked right in front of the café. She went inside the car without even bothering to knock.

“Annyeong oppa!!” Joy said with a big smile in her face.

“Annyeong!” SungJae answered back cutely.

He was looking at Joy when he noticed her hair is still dripping wet and she was not wearing any make-up.

“Yah! I told you there’s no need to rush! You did not even dry you hair properly! You might catch a cold!” SungJae said as he reached for his back in the back seat of the car to get a towel. After getting a towel he placed it on Joy’s head and started drying her hair.

“SungJae’s smell.” Said Joy.

“What??” SungJae asked, not understanding the meaning of what Joy said.

“This towel… has your smell.” Joy answered chuckling.

SungJae  took the towel off Joy’s hair. He was a bit flustered.

“Mianhe. I didn’t think about that. But… this towel is clean. I’ve only used it once… when I showered earlier.” SungJae explained to Joy.

Joy smiled and reached to SungJae’s hand as she motioned for him to continue drying her hair.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about oppa, I like it.” She smiled at SungJae.

As SungJae was drying Joy’s hair, the towel covered half of her face only showing a bit from her nose, down. His eyes caught Joy’s lips. Suddenly his heart started racing, he gulped and took his hands off Joy’s hair.

“Yah. Next time dry your hair after taking a shower!!” SungJae said.

“Arraso. I was just rushing so that you don’t have to wait so long.” Joy answered.

SungJae reached to the glove box of his car and took something wrapped in a small plastic and gave it to Joy.

“Here. I bought this earlier. To, uhm, cover the mark.” SungJae said shyly.

Joy opened it and laughed as she saw a concealer.

“Do you have a small mirror?” Joy asked SungJae.

“Uh, the only mirror I have inside this car is the rear view mirror, would that do?”

“Ottokhe? I was planning on covering this hickey you gave me. I can’t see it using that mirror, plus we can’t open the lights, some people might recognize us.” Joy said, thinking.

“Just give me the concealer, I’ll help you it on.” SungJae said.

SungJae started putting on the concealer. While doing that, he started having flashbacks of what happened the night before. Him, Joy on a bed. He suddenly felt beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

“Yah, what happened to you? Why is your hand shaking?” Joy asked SungJae then she saw him gulp.

“Nothing. It’s nothing. Don’t get the wrong idea! I’m not thinking of anything.” SungJae said really fast.

“Why so defensive then? Aigoo. Oppa. Byeontae. What are you thinking now huh?” Joy said as she smirked.

SungJae stopped. He just looked at Joy. He didn’t know what to say. His heart was racing so fast and just when he thought it can’t go any faster, it did when Joy suddenly inches her face closer to his while whispering.

“So you gave me a hickey. It gave me quite a hard time you know. Having to explain how it got there is a nightmare. I was thinking of hundreds of ways to get back at you for that.” Joy said as she inched her face closer to SungJae until her nose touches SungJae’s neck very, very lightly.

SungJae knew exactly what Joy was planning to do. She’s going to give her the taste of his own medicine. He panicked and lightly pushed Joy away.

“Joy-a. Mianhe. But no, you can’t give me a hickey! I have a press conference to attend to tomorrow for an upcoming drama.” SungJae said with his eyes begging for Joy’s mercy.

Joy was frustrated upon hearing SungJae’s words. She planned on giving him a hickey on his neck too so that he can experience what it’s like to have to explain about it. Then another good idea popped up in her mind like a light bulb, only this time, she’s not letting SungJae stop her.

“Fine, I’ll give you swollen lips then.” She said as she surprised SungJae with a kiss to the lips.

SungJae was startled at first by Joy’s bold move it took him a few seconds to recover and reciprocate Joy’s kisses. Joy’s phone started ringing. Joy gave SungJae a bit SungJae’s lips a little before ending the kiss. It was a short heated kiss but for the two it felt like they were kissing for hours. SungJae was breathing heavily while processing what just happened as Joy answered her phone.

Phone conversation:

Irene: “Where are you? We are looking all over for you! You were just in the shower then you suddenly disappeared!”

Joy : “Mianhe unnie! I just. Uh… why are you looking for me?”

Irene: “We are going to grab coffee in the café up front. Manager oppa will fetch us there.”

Joy: “Uh. I’ll just see you guys there unnie! Can you please bring my bag down for me?”

Irene: “Arraso. See you there.”

*end of conversation*

“I’ll need to go soon. The members are coming down. We’ll grab coffee and wait for manager oppa to pick us up here in this café.” Joy said looking at SungJae, still blushing from the thought of what she did earlier.

“Uh. Ok. I might be busy these coming weeks. I have to attend press conferences for the upcoming drama. Also, I’ll be busy shooting… I’m not sure when I’ll have the free time to visit you.” SungJae said while holding Joy’s hands.

“I understand oppa. We are also busy. Just make sure to call me everyday… or at least every other day so that I won’t miss you so much.” Joy said holding SungJae’s hands tightly. She can already see the members crossing the street.

Joy and SungJae saw the members enter the café. Joy let go of SungJae’s hand and his face lightly.

“I miss you already oppa!” Joy said looking at SungJae.

“Aigoo. My baby. You’re going to miss me that much huh?” SungJae said in his baby voice while acting cutely to make Joy smile.

“Yep. But now I have to go. They’ll be calling me again if I don’t go inside the café soon. See you next time oppa!” Joy said. She gave SungJae a quick peck on the cheeks before exiting his car and heading inside the café.

“Yah you’ve been there the whole time? Whose car is that?” Wendy asked as they saw Joy exit SungJae’s car from the café.

“Uh. Cousin. My cousin’s car. He was around the area so he dropped by to say hello.” Joy said.

“Cousin?! A guy?! Yah! Why didn’t you invite him to join us?! You could have introduced him to me!! I mean… us, introduced him to us.” Irene said.

“Aigoo. You’re already caught! You just want to meet a handsome guy! “ Wendy to Irene laughing.

“He needs to go somewhere else so I wasn’t able to invite him to meet you guys. Maybe nextime.” Joy said laughing awkwardly.

“It was unnie’s cousin? Weird. I thought I saw that car somewhere before. I just can’t remember where exactly.” Yeri said while thinking hard.

Joy suddenly remembered they used that car in a few episodes of We Got Married. She nervously laughed.

“Really? Maybe it’s just the same brand as the car you saw.” Joy said to their maknae.