The Silver Dragon.

The Silver Dragons

Chapter 5. The Silver Dragon.

 

 

7 years after... (Back to the story-time)

 

 

 

Taeyeon awake by the drops falling into her head. Everything was dark but she could feel how the objects cracked all around her, and the smell of humidity, mold, rotten food and stagnant water made her realize she was in a ship. Also, it was one of the worst scents Taeyeon had ever had to smell, awful enough to make her feel nauseous.

 

Little by little, her pupils adapted to the darkness and she could visualize the space where they were held. It was huge store full of barrels and cages with chickens, but the chaos and dust inside of it made it seem so small that a claustrophobic would have had panic attacks. A big wave collided on the structure, and an empty wood box hit Taeyeon’s belly, who screamed even more after seeing small baby-rats on it.

 

"My Princess, my princess!" Chaerin suddenly screamed. "Are you alright?"

 

"Yes, yes…" she whispered after relaxing a bit: she was the First Princess of Joseon, a litter of rats won’t affect her. "And, you, Chaerin, are you alright?"

 

"Nothing broken, your highness.  But I can’t move my arms."

 

Although she couldn’t see Chaerin’s face properly, she could feel the fear in her maid’s voice and broken breathing. For that reason, as she bowed the day Chaerin’s became the Second Palace Lady, the princess would provide for her, and their priority right then was to find a way to scape.

 

"Me neither. Help me to stand up: I’ll try to loosen our ties."

 

With difficulties and after hitting her head with the ceiling, because the store was too low, Taeyeon was able to stand up a bit and came closer to Chaerin.

 

"Turn around, princess, and let me untie you first. I have skillful hands."

 

"Alright."

 

After Sandara’s and Bom’s deaths, both ladies lived almost in the Palace, without going out. And since it was boring as hell, each one developed some skills: Chaerin’s were sewing and medicinal herbs from the Royal gardens. So yes, she was able to untie Taeyeon without difficulties.

 

"Thank you. Let me help you Chaerin."

 

In less than five minutes, the ladies were free from their ties, and walked with difficulties through the store finding any type of door or window they could use to scape. The sea seemed to be choppy that day.

 

"I cursed the day we decided to go on a trip and leave the Palace!"

 

"Don’t say that, milady" Chaerin scolded her. "You hadn’t gone out for almost five years. It was worth it because you lived a bit your life, my princess."

 

Yes, it was true. After losing Sandara as the first lady of the nation, Taeyeon’s responsibilities increased, and, with her competent mother, she had to take care of the palace’s administration, which led her to lose her chubby teenager checks and made her skin even paler. But also it kept her inside the palace gates for years.  

 

"Alright, Chaerin."

 

"So, do I look on the right and you on the left, princess?"

 

"Yes."

 

But it seemed almost impossible: Taeyeon touched almost every streak of wood but she found nothing which could resemble an exit. The only thing she obtained was an increased feeling of nausea and a headache, and her beautiful and silky Chinese clothes ripped and spoiled by the dust.

 

"What about the ceiling, Taeyeon?!" Chaerin screamed from the opposite direction.

 

"Good idea!"

 

Since Taeyeon was smaller and her figure was petite, Chaerin piggybacked her. It was easier that way.

 

"I am sorry, Chaerin."

 

"Don’t be." she said forcing a smile: Taeyeon might look fragile, but, damn, that girl ate too much to be called light. 

 

But the ship was so unstable that both girls fell a few seconds after Taeyeon started searching an exit by touch. Chaerin could feel blood dropping from her eyebrow and Taeyeon in her lips. But it was the maid, who held tightly the princess, who received the worst part of it, with a big hit on her head.

 

"What happened?!" Taeyeon.

 

"A cage…" she tried to say, but her lungs were oppressed after the hard fall and she couldn’t speak properly.

 

"CHAERIN?! CHAERIN?!"

 

But Chaerin felt too dizzy and in pain to speak, the more seconds passed, the worse she felt and the more difficult for her was to see clearly. Everything moved, and it wasn’t the ship which caused it.

 

"Oh my God, Chaerin! You are bleeding a lot!"

 

Taeyeon was petrified and with determination, she stack up everything she could find and started climbing, searching for an exit. Chaerin lied on the floor, unable to move or speak.

 

"We will get out of here, I promise."

 

Suddenly, she felt how the ceiling moved, and a cold and wet hand took her wrist and pushed her into the exterior, with strength. The ski was so bright and blue that Taeyeon lost her sight for some seconds.

 

"Don’t touch me, bastard!"

 

With all her force, Taeyeon fought to set herself free from that mysterious hand, but, the more she moved, the stronger the pressure in her wrist was. Little by little, she saw how she was surrounded by a group of at least ten dirty and stinky young men, and she got petrified.

 

"Uooooo, a princess shouldn’t curse" a man with a deep voice said, he had some weird raised eyebrows, and looked at her mischievously.

 

"Wow! She speaks Korean really well" another one, who was even skinner than her added.

 

"I thought princesses were quiet and calm" one with weird eyebrows and a too angelic smile said.

 

Too handsome to be pirates, so Taeyeon distrusted them even more, and her pride made her look at them with disdain.

 

"My friend is badly injured. Help her."

 

"And… please?" another who looked really intimidating with his big and dark eyes asked. "Woah! You’re truly a princess: never ask, always demand."

 

"How can I be gentle to a bunch of pirates? Eh!? HELP HER NOW OR SHE WILL DIE!"

 

"You need to learn some respect, princess!"

 

And the intimidating boy drew his sword and pointed Taeyeon’s neck, but, with pride, she stood up and looked at him, fiercely.

 

"You won’t kill me. A death Joseon Princess isn’t useful for you."

 

"JOSEON PRINCESS?!"

 

All the young men panicked at the sound of that feminine and angry voice, and they had reasons to be scared: it had been ages since the last time Taeyeon saw Kwon Yuri, but years made her look darker, prettier and even more dangerous with her black armor and not a cute silky dress.

 

"HOW A BUNCH OF TRAINED PIRATES COULD FAIL TO KIDNAP THE CHINESE PRINCESS? Eh?! HOW?!"

 

And she screamed so loud that the seagulls resting on the benches took a flight and disappeared.

 

"But, Black Pearl, you told us to look at her clothes" the skinny boy complained.

 

"A JOSEON PRINCESS?! A JOSEON PRINCESS?! How are we going to…" and she stopped talking, because she suddenly realized something. "Wait… you, idiots! MOVE!"

 

And the ten men let their boss (because she seemed to be their leader) see the Joseon Princess, face to face.

 

"Taeyeon."

 

"Yuri…"

 

They used to be such good friends, but, after all, seven years had passed, and the two girls looked at each other with nostalgia, without losing their manners: Taeyeon was a princess and Yuri a pirate lady, they weren’t children any longer.

 

"You might not be Princess Mi-young, but you are also precious." Yuri said observing her carefully. "Idiots! Bring her to the captain’s chambers."

 

"Wait…"

 

"You aren’t in a position to give orders, princess Taeyeon."

 

It hurt a lot to see Yuri saying with her name so much disdain.

 

"My friend Second Palace Lady Lee Chaerin is hurt. She did nothing against your father or your family, so, for the remaining ashes of your friendship with lady Chaerin, help her."

 

"Please?"

 

"…"

 

"Let aside your pride, princess, and I will help her."

 

"Please."

 

"Very good. Idiots! Key! Take the Lady Chaerin to pretty boy, he might heal her."

 

The ten men obeyed silently, expecting some kind of forgiveness after their terrible mistake. But Black Pearl was a tough lady and they won’t get their pardon so easily. In a spite of a second, the intimidating boy took Lady Chaerin from the stores and left with her. She was unconscious again, and Taeyeon feared for her friend.

 

"And you" Yuri grabbed Taeyeon’s waist with strength. "You come with me."

 

 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

 

Fascinating and dazzling weren’t enough to describe King Choi Seung-hyun. At least, for Princess Qing Mi-Young. Especially when he was angry and his eyes seemed to be burning balls of fire and the veins on his neck tensed, making his strong jawline even more noticeable. She was mesmerized by his presence, but, unluckily, Mi-young knew Seung-hyun would never feel something similar for her: she was well aware of how much the Joseon King hated her and her family.

 

"The Silver Dragons have disappeared from our sight, I am sorry, your majesty."

 

Mi-young walked silently with Lady Bo Ah and SeoHyun, her lady-in-waiting, behind the three men. Seung-hyun was silently listening to the reports of General of the Navy Park Dong-wook and his second in command, Park Sang-Hyun. After seeing the Major General fighting with twelve trained men and almost defeat them (if it wasn’t for Taeyeon’s decision to become their hostage to save the survivors’ lives), she could understand why everyone called him the Thunder and were scared of him: so fast, so lethal. Mi-young was so thankful by his heroic act that she wanted to thank him straight away. But, since it was the first time she was able to be present in a military conversation, she kept the compliments for herself.

 

"What are your recommendations then, general? We must find them!"

 

"I suggest a small expedition to find, at least, their refuge for the Monsoon."

 

"But without a fleet it would be difficult to catch them…"

 

"Yes, I know my King. But the Silver Dragon is too fast. They might scape before we reach them. We need to catch them by surprise."

 

"Jiyong… who would have thought you would become a piracy lord."

 

It was still a mystery for everyone how the Kwons were able to form an efficient and trained float and create the fastest ship known in the Oriental Seas, and a legendary ship already. They called it The Silver Dragon, a ship so fast nobody knew his exact form. Rumors said its sails were as clouds, big and light, its rowers demons that needn’t to rest and their helmsman so expert he could manipulate the waves to follow their course.  

 

"Alright then, we will do as you say, General Park."

 

Mi-young understood Seung-hyun’s subtle expression to see he wasn’t happy of how the General seemed to have everything under his control: if he captured the Dragon and saved the princess, his family, who is the family from the former concubine Park Bom, would increase too much their prestige in court. Something Seung-hyun had tried to keep equal for the last seven years.

 

"Excuse me, milord" Mi-Young interrumpted. "But I would like to recommend lord Park Sang-Hyun to run this mission."

 

The three men and the two ladies with Mi-Young gaped in shock: it was the first time she tried to interfere in state business.

 

"I think he’s the best candidate, milord. He has seen the pirates’ faces and has navigated with the Dragon enough to know him better than anyone in our Navy."

 

"Why do you suggest that, my princess?" the King demanded.

 

That’s your turn to show you can be really useful, go, Mi-Young” she encouraged herself, and, maintaining her pride and presence as a princess, she tried to speak to the King directly, without moving her sight in embarrassment.

 

"Knowing my second brother, the Prince, he will be furious for his bride-to-be kidnapping. If you don’t send the best soldier you have, he would think you plotted against him with the Dragon, your Majesty. And, since in the Imperial City have arrived rumors of a talented Major General called the Thunder, he won’t be suspicious."

 

Seung-hyun observed at Mi-young surprised: no sing of doubt or insincerity in her words.

 

"I agree with you, milady. Let’s do it as you suggested, then."

 

"But I need Park Sang-Hyun with me, milord!" the General complained.

 

"Nonsenses" he stared at Park Dong-Wook, and looked devilish. "It’s a direct order, not a suggestion."

 

"As you wish, milord."

 

"Leave, generals."

 

And Mi-young bowed to leave with her maids, following the generals depart, but…

 

"I need to ask you something, Princess, please, stay."

 

Mi-young seemed surprised by his demand: it was the first time he asked her something directly.

 

"Is it true your brother will get suspicious, princess?"

 

She laughed slightly: Seung-hyun was really cute seemed concerned about terrible consequences.

 

"Not at all, your Majesty."

 

"Then…"

 

"Princess Taeyeon and Queen Dowager told me the Parks have inner disputes to get control over the court now the Kwons are your enemies. So, it was logical: the legendary Thunder from the Parks of the East will rescue the princess under the direction of General Dong-Wook from the Parks of the West. And the balance won’t change and you will be able to rule as you please, your Majesty."

 

And I thought that Chinese Princess hadn’t had any brain over her shoulders” he thought, surprised by her move. 

 

"Thank you, princess Mi-young."

 

"Not at all, your Majesty. It’s my duty."

 

And Mi-young left the King, happy because she had been able to cause an impression.

 

"Woah! Mi-young! You were so clever" SeoHyun complimented her whilst holding arms together, as they usually did when nobody was watching.

 

"That was a good move to gain the King’s favor, milady" Bo Ah added.

 

As if it was that easy” Mi-young thought in despair.

 

 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

 

"Wow! Is that a lady’s hanbok, pretty boy?" TaeHyun asked while touching Chaerin’s skirt. "It’s so smooth. My mother would love it."

 

"Take out your dirty hands from the lady and stop calling me pretty boy!"

 

"But you are a pretty boy!" Song MinHo added, annoying his friend and the closest they had to a physician in that ship.

 

"Wow! Her skin is so pale and smooth, would the rest be like that?" Onew said while trying to look under Chaerin’s skirts, the others glimpsing a bit whilst him lift a bit the skirt.

 

"STOP IMMEDIATELY!"

 

The pirates suddenly stopped and saw their navigator, VI, former Kwon Seung-hyun. He moved quickly and created a barrier between the curious sailors and the lady, who seemed weak and fragile. “She has lost so much blood” he thought.

 

"Will she recover, pretty boy?"

 

His comrades snickered: even their navigator was calling him “pretty boy”. Knowing he won’t be able to get rid of his nickname, Kim Jin Woo, just sighed and answered as accurately as possible.

 

"I stitched her wounds and she will wake up today. But she has lost some blood. Chicken soup with tang-kuei might be enough."

 

"Good."

 

When his siblings told him that their idiots had kidnapped Princess Taeyeon and Lady Chaerin, VI smirked and thought destiny was tricky: after avoiding the royal family for years, they had to suffer their presence once again. What was even more curious was seeing Chaerin, who had changed so much that if nobody would have told him, VI wouldn’t have known that unconscious lady was Lee Chaerin.

 

Suddenly, she started moving and opened her eyes, confused for a second. Then, as she remembered everything, she panicked and tried to stand up.

 

"YOU, BASTARDS! HOW DARE TO KIDNAP THE FIRST PRINCESS! THE KING WILL KILL YOU ALL!"

 

"Calm Chaerin, and nice to meet you again."

 

There was Seungri her first ove, holding her tightly in an attempt to calm her. His dark circles disappeared and his eyes were bigger and rougher than before. There weren’t any features of the cute teenager she used to know in that man.

 

"Seungri?!"

 

She had so many questions ask and so many complaints to yell, but, when she was about to open , Seungri placed a finger on her lips, to make her hush.  And he simply said:

 

"Welcome to the Silver Dragon, Lee Chaerin."

 

 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

 

After Yuri gave her an old but clean hanbok to dress, they entered to some chambers in that turtle ship. As in the stores, everything was quite dark: only a few port lights to light a bit the room, which consisted of a big futon, a floor table and lots of maps hanging on the walls. The candles illuminated it enough to tint everything in a golden hallo. Yuri and she were waiting inside, next to the table, without talking, what make Taeyeon really nervous and sad: “we used to talk so much… I remember First Palace Lady used to scold us”.

 

"It’s been a while, princess Taeyeon."

 

Taeyeon turn around and saw him: Kwon Jiyong, The Dragon. Although years passed he seemed to be as young as before, as if time didn’t pass for him. Thinner than usual, his checks were thinner and his face tanner. He was covered in a dark blue tunic, with a silver dragon stitched on it. A small hint of a tattoo showed trough his neck.

 

"Kwon Jiyong…"

 

How much she had loved that man in front of her, but, at that moment, after all he has done to the Kingdom and innocent people, those feelings vanished, and she felt nothing but indifference. How could she love a man who murdered, kidnapped, rapped and trade with slaves only for revenge? A man with noble heart wouldn’t do those terrible things.

 

"I don’t answer to that name. Now I’m Dragon."

 

"I understand, but I will still call you, Kwon Jiyong. You can’t be a dragon; a dragon is a noble creature."

 

He smiled slightly annoyed by the comment Taeyeon had just made and observed her: she had changed a lot and become a beautiful lady, really beautiful, but, with her previous comment she showed the same arrogance and attitude as her brother, the Joseon King.

 

"You aren’t in a good position… so hold your tongue, Princess Taeyeon."

 

One thing her brothers always told her was that when your enemy makes references to the power he has over you, is when he has no power. “When men appear strong, is when they are weak, Taeyeon, never forget that” Daesung told her one day she had trouble translating the Chinese characters of the Art of War to Korean.

 

"Neither you. I might not know the full story, but I think you have kidnapped the wrong princess, and the person who hired you for that job won’t be happy to hear about your incompetence."  

 

In your face!” she yelled mentally when she saw how Jiyong had to shut up after her comment.

 

"So arrogant, as your brother."

 

"My brother can be lots of things, but not arrogant."

 

"Then you don’t know him."

 

"Perhaps it’s you who doesn’t know him."

 

After losing Sandara and waiting patiently for years in the shadows, one of the thinks Kwon Jiyong lost was his patience, and also his temper became bitter. So, after seeing that proud princess, returning with arrogance all the comments he was making, and unable to find clever answers to her verbal threats, he exploded.

 

"Can you just shut up, princess?!" he yelled while holding Taeyeon’s shoulders, shaking her in the process.

 

"Can you just stop insulting me and my family?!" she just couldn’t let him go with his rude comments against her beloved ones. "Thank you" and had more education than him.

 

"It’s my ship and I can do what I want!"

 

At that comment, Yuri rolled her eyes and sighed, in frustration: again, the Dragon losing his nerves. “Fantastic, just fantastic, thanks Taeyeon”.

 

"And my family!"

 

"My ship!"

 

"My family!"

 

"My ship!"

 

"My family!"

 

"M-Y S-H-I-P!" he repeated slowly, as if it would be a better argument.

 

"M-Y F-A-M-I-L-Y!"

 

"Shut up you too and explain the spoiled princess what are we planning to do with her, orabeoni!"

 

Kwon Jiyong released Taeyeon and cleared his throat before sitting in front of them and talking:

 

"You will stay with your maid, Chaerin in Yuri’s chambers, chained. Don’t worry, you will have plenty water and food."

 

"Thank you?" she ironically said.

 

That girl has become an unbearable woman” he thought. 

 

"We had sent to your Navy a rescue message, promising your reputation and honor will be intact. When we receive the money, you will be released."

 

"And Chaerin?"

 

"Chaerin too. She’s a nice girl, such a pity she has to serve a spoiled princess."

 

"If I was spoiled I wouldn’t have asked about Chaerin’s fate" she corrected him. "For a legendary pirate, you are quite clueless; I guess the rumors aren’t true."

 

"Shut up, princess!"

 

"Or what?! Kill me? You will lose a lot of money."

 

"I can kill Chaerin if you continue this way, so you better shut up!"

 

And, as her brothers told her: an angry man can do crazy things, so never provoke him in his anger if you don’t know him enough to figure out his actions. “I should memorize the art of war. If I survive this, I promise all the Gods I will do it”. So, because she didn’t want her friend’s death, Taeyeon hold her tongue and remained silent. Kwon Jiyong seemed happy and proud of his victory against the stubborn princess.

 

"That’s better" he browsed Yuri for a second. "Leave her in your chambers, and, for her impertinence, no food for the princess" how much Taeyeon hated the contemptuous tone he used to say her tittle "today."

 

"I understand, orabeoni."

 

As fast as a flash, the Dragon sit next to Taeyeon, who looked puzzled by his actions. He started to approach her too much, feeling uncomfortable by his proximity and stinky smell. And he started to tie her with a string.

 

"How dare you, Kwon Jiyong?!"

 

Taeyeon tried to fight back, but, after all the day feeling dizzy because of the constant movement of the ship, the rats, the blood and the odors… she couldn’t control herself and vomited, spoiling Jiyong’s blue tunic.

 

"Ugh!!!!! You, Taeyeon!"

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: We are 124 subscribers!!! Woooaaah! I never expected that! Thank you all ^^

 

And yes, the Silver Dragon's crew are SHINee and WINNER members, because, from SM and YG, after Girls Generation and BIGBANG, they are my favourite in these companies (also f(x), that's why Victoria is the Empress).  

 

One question, I would like to have a poster or something like that for the fanfic, but, I am a disaster… do you know any shops or designers where I can get one?

 

And if it’s not clear enough: the pirates are called The Silver Dragons because of the ship’s name, The Silver Dragon, not because of their leader, The Dragon. I just love ships and I want the ship to be like another character in the story, with an important role in the development of everything.