Haven't Changed

Fatalis Dilemma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It becomes something of a routine, albeit a bit against his will, for Sehun to bring Jongin coffee every morning. After that absolutely horrendous incident that day, Sehun tries his best to be more careful and not get too close to the other man again.

Jongin, for his part, doesn’t seem to want to partake in conversations of pleasantries with him, either. Usually, he is too busy working through the mountain of paperworks on his desk to spare him more than a quick “thank you”.

A president of a company no doubt has a lot of work and responsibilities, but Sehun suspects the other man is simply a very diligent person himself, taking his own time off to spend late nights in the office instead.

Which is totally different from Kai’s personality, a person best described as “all play and no work”.

But then again, Kai could have simply matured.

Or whatever. Sehun doesn’t care.

 

 

It’s a new morning, a few weeks since. Jongin’s just given him a brief word of gratitude while Sehun sets the cup of coffee down.

Normally, Sehun would move to bow and leave the office right away. Today, however, it seems the other is able to spare a moment to actually drink his coffee instead of neglecting it.

Sehun finds himself staring as Jongin starts to sip from the cup, and he must’ve been spacing out for a bit too long, for the next thing he hears is, “Is something wrong?”

“H―Huh?”

When Sehun blinks, Jongin is already setting the cup down, his gaze surprisingly on Sehun for once. “You’re staring. Did I wear my shirt inside out?”

“Ah, no, of course not!” Sehun gasps, cursing himself for spacing out. “P―Please excuse me, Mr. President.”

He’s about to make a quick dash out the room when the other calls, “Wait.”

“Y―Yes…?” Sehun reluctantly turns around, nervous.

Jongin quirks a smile. “Why do you always look like a scared little kitten around me? Am I that intimidating?”

Sehun brings wavering eyes at him before dropping his head. “No… It’s… nothing…” Not scared, but…

Well. Sehun doesn’t exactly know how to act around him. How do you talk to someone who was the love of your life, the father of your child, and had totally forgotten about you?

Sehun hates him. Should hate him. But…

He’s always been weak when it comes to Kai, and this Jongin is… kind. Like how Kai was.

It’s confusing him.

“Hmn…” the other hums, obviously not convinced but chooses to drop it. “Then tell me why you were staring at me.”

“Oh, it’s…” Sehun stutters, wondering if he should say it. “It’s just… I’ve noticed you always cringe whenever you drink the coffee… I was wondering if you didn’t like it, and if so, why you never tell me…”

“Oh, that,” Jongin makes a noise of surprise. “I didn’t think you’d notice. Sorry, it’s not that I dislike it. It was just… a little too sweet for me.”

“Too sweet? Should I put less creamer in it next time? More coffee?”

“Ah, no. I… I like the scent of hazelnut. It’s very calming to me. So if you put less creamer the scent won’t be as strong. It’s fine. I guess I’m just not much of a sweet-tooth person.”

Kai had a total sweet-tooth. He was always chewing on gums or candies, making Sehun nag him often that he would get cavities as a result.

Then again, maybe Kai grew up.

“I see…”

“It’s really no big deal. Thank you for worrying, though.” Jongin gives him an assuring smile.

Sehun feels something ache inside his chest. “Okay… If you’ll excuse me then, Mr. President.”

Sehun bows before leaving the room.

The ache doesn’t go away.

 

 

Sehun is probably stupid for doing this, but…

With a sigh, he opens the door, the bell chiming signalling his entrance.

“Uwaah, daddy, what is this place? There is candy everywhere!” Sowon asks beside him, stars in his eyes at all the colorful displays.

“This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter