Lilac

Fatalis Dilemma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

before this chapter starts i want to say THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENTS LAST CHAPTER!! ♥ truly, i was feeling rly depressed whenever i think about writing FD but reading all your sweet comments helped cheer me up! so i finally got over my dread to write this chapter! i hope you'll enjoy reading it ^^

 

 

 

The news come with no warnings.

Sehun is keeping Jongin company in his hospital room when a nurse comes in, panicked.

“Excuse me for the interruption, Mr. Kim” she says, clipboard in hand. “I know you’ve just recovered and should not be agitated right now, but I’m afraid there is no one else we can inform, especially since your parents are still on the way here…”

“What is it?” Jongin asks, straightening up.

“It’s… about your brother, Kim Kai. He has just been admitted to the hospital. It was a car accident―”

“What…” The glass inside Sehun’s hand, about to hand to Jongin, drops, the crashing sound loud against the otherwise quiet room, splashing water all over the floor and his shoes, but Sehun barely notices, because―

The nurse looks warily at him before continuing, “His motorcycle slammed into a truck and he got flung away. It’s… pretty bad. He’s in the ER right now. The surgery is still ongoing―”

“Kai…” Sehun whispers, taking a step forward unconsciously, when he feels a hand around his wrist.

When he looks back, Jongin is staring at him.

Biting on his lip, Sehun tells him, “Jongin, you should stay here. You shouldn’t be walking around just yet,” he glances to the IV drip still hooked up to the older man’s arm. “I’ll go check on him. I’ll tell you how he is after. I need to―”

“Sehun, calm down,” Jongin tells him, squeezing his hand reassuringly. “You’re going to hyperventilate again. You don’t want to pass out before you can see how Kai is, do you?”

“N―No, I…” Sehun tries to do as told, tries taking a few gulps of air, because Jongin is right. It wouldn’t help if he were to faint before he could even go see Kai. “Thank you, Jongin.”

“It’s alright, go. Tell me how he is, after.”

With a nod, Sehun follows after the nurse.

The journey there is only filled with the woman’s inquisitive gazes, and Sehun supposes she can’t take it anymore, for she speaks up, “Excuse me for being intrusive, but… I have heard… that you are Mr. Kim Jongin’s lover, yes? Did you also know Kim Kai? You seem… awfully concerned about him.”

Sehun can see how strange it must look, to a stranger’s eyes, that the brother of the victim had shown no such panicked expression over the news, but the lover of the brother had, instead. Digging his fingers into his own palms, clenched into fists by his sides, he replies, “I was… his friend. I went to the same high school as Kai, back then.”

“Ah, I see! Is that how you met Mr. Kim Jongin, then?”

No, but that was probably how he knew about me, Sehun answers silently. Outwardly, he only says, “Are we almost there, yet? How bad are Kai’s injuries?”

The nurse must realizes she might’ve overstepped her boundaries, for she apologizes, “I’m sorry, Mr. Oh Sehun. It’s just… Mr. Kim, ah, both of them, are quite famous, and I’ve heard of your dating news since months ago, and was curious―” She winces at herself, then opts to change the subject, too. “Mr. Kim Kai’s injuries are grave. There are various cuts and bruises from his body, as expected, but those aren’t of concern. The main problem is he hit his head pretty hard when he fell… He has suffered major external and internal bleeding from the head.”

“Oh god…” Sehun mumbles as they round around the corner to the hallway before the ER. The nurse gives a bow, telling him there’s nothing to be done but to wait, before she goes inside one of the nearby rooms.

Sehun only slides lifelessly down onto one of the benches. The waiting seems to take forever until he hears footsteps hurrying, coming closer and closer.

When he looks up, he sees a woman, old, in her mid-fifties, but very well-primed in an elegant outfit, rushing forward.

“Is this the place? Where’s Kai? Is he in there?” she asks dazedly.

Sehun can only deduct this to be Kai’s mother. Hesitantly, he stands up and answers her. “He’s still in operation… The nurse told me we can only wait until the doctor is done…”

“Who…” When she turns to him, confusion shifts to recognition in her eyes. “Wait, I remember your face… You’re Oh Sehun, aren’t you? That wretched boy who had seduced Kai in the past and is now going after Jongin… What are you doing here?”

“I…” Sehun winces, wondering what to answer when the red light below the ER sign finally turns off, the doors creaking and opening.

“Doctor, how is he?!” Both he and the woman immediately rush forward.

“We have stabilized his condition for the time being,” the man says. Before Sehun can breathe a sigh of relief, he continues, “But Mr. Kim has suffered massive bleeding from a headwound, so unfortunately he is now in a coma.”

“A coma? What do you mean? When will he wake up?”

At this, the doctor gives them a sad look. “That… is up to the patient himself. We can only pray he has the will to fight on and wake up. There is nothing more I can do at this point, I’m sorry.”

“What―” Before Sehun can question the doctor further, he feels a slap at his cheek, the force slamming him into the wall unexpectedly.

“It’s all your fault!” Mrs. Kim is screaming, eyes alit with rage through the tears, about to fly at him again if not for the doctor and nurses hurrying to restraint her. “You caused Kai to be like this! It’s your fault―”

“Mrs. Kim, please calm down, I’m not sure how Mr. Oh here is the cause, but―”

“Did you know, the nurse gave me a bag of all of Kai’s belongings from the crash site when I got here? There was a phone in his bag… and it was opened to your voice message! You were pleading him to go to the hospital… I bet he got into a car accident because he hurried to meet you and crashed into that truck!”

“What…” Sehun breathes, mind spinning. Kai is in a coma and his voice message was the last thing he had listened to before he got into the crash―?

“Oh my, what’s happening? Honey, calm down,” the Elder Kim says, having just arrived.

“It’s all this wretched boy’s fault! He was the reason Kai went away from me for five years, and now this―” the woman keeps screaming, too lost in her rage. “Isn’t it enough you have your claws on Jongin now? Why do you have to ruin Kai again? Leave my son alone, you vermin, you―”

“Mrs. Kim, please calm down!” the doctor is shouting as she lashes out, trying to reach Sehun. “Mr. Oh, I suggest you leave now until she is calmed again, and where are the security guards? Oh jesus―”

“Go!” Mr. Kim growls at him, also trying to hold his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter