November First

Fatalis Dilemma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kai is sitting on a bench at the nearby park, hands linked together as he stares out into the empty streets and trees with leaves rustling.

This is the second day he’s skipped work, but what does it matter anyway when his “Vice President” title is nothing more than for show?

Jongin has got the entire company in the palm of his hands.

And he guesses that’s only of course―Jongin was the one who took over management and directed this company when Kai was off, fulfilling his dream.

Kai doesn’t regret it. Heck, he figured it would be fine, coming back. He didn’t want this company, anyway, but what he did want―was to be able to provide a stable life for Sehun. He knew that being a racer was dangerous―countless incidents and injuries waiting to happen. Not to mention, he’d have to keep traveling all over the world to compete in the various championships held in various countries.

And he knew Sehun, quiet and sweet Sehun, had always wished for a simple life all along―to live happily with the person he loved, to live peacefully, without troubles nor complications.

So he had decided that once he had won the Monaco Grand Prix―the most prestigious award any racer could hope to achieve, he would come back to Korea. He would take over the company and be able to provide a good life for Sehun. He wanted Sehun to live without worries, without any hardships.

But it’s all ed up now.

He certainly didn’t expect to meet up with Sehun inside the company itself, on the day he had been looking for Jongin. He didn’t expect Kyungsoo to catch them together, and created the misunderstanding that is now pulling them apart.

He didn’t expect Sehun to be together with Jongin―dating the one person he hates the most.

“,” Kai lets out, burying his face into his palms. Everything is all screwed up, and Kai doesn’t know how to fix it.

If Sehun loves Jongin and wants to be with him now… what should Kai do?

His fingers dig into his skin, the world getting hard to breathe the more he thinks about it, thinks about truly losing Sehun for good, that he doesn’t hear it when there’s a call of his name at first.

“―ai! Uncle Kai!”

Kai snaps out of his internal brooding and turns his head to see Sowon running towards him. “You’re…”

“Ah, I knew it was you, Uncle Kai!” the child chirps happily, stopping in front of him. “I really like your hair, it’s all yellooooow! I want to have yellow hair too!”

Kai laughs, ruffling the boy’s hair. “It’s called ‘blonde hair’, not yellow. And I think you’re too young to dye your hair, kid.”

“Die? Of course Sowon isn’t going to die. Sowon is still young!”

“No, dye―”

“Sowonie?” a woman shouts his name, running up to them. “You shouldn’t wander off! And―Oh, who’s this?”

“This is my Uncle Kai! I like him a lot because he always give me yummy candy!”

“Oh?” the woman says, turning to him. “It’s nice to meet you, I am Sowon’s teacher. We are currently taking the kids out to the local park for some fresh air.”

“Ah, I see. It’s nice to meet you, too,” Kai shakes hands with the teacher as he notices a few dozen children all gathering at the playground not far from where he is. He hadn’t even noticed them come in even though he is sitting at the entrance to the park.

“Teacher, can I play with Uncle Kai instead of playing on the slides?” Sowon asks, making a pouty face at the woman, whom only chuckle in response.

“Alright, if you’re sure you won’t be a bother to your uncle. Just remember to come when I call for you so we can leave when it's time, okay?”

“Yessir!” Sowon salutes at his teacher, watching the woman walk away before spinning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter