Operation Orchid (feat OT9)

Of True Love And Inappropriate Texting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunsoo was putting the finishing touches to a panel of her manhwa when she got the call that made her leap out of her seat and jump into the car. It was a miracle she didn't get a ticket, or crash for that matter. Once at the SM building, she rushed inside, all the while dialling Suho's number again.

"Junmyeon!" She exclaimed, sprinting towards the nearest elevator, not caring if people saw her with messed up hair and no makeup. She hadn't exact been bothered about her appearance when she'd left the apartment.

"He's okay for now, the managers called a doctor," Suho replied, and Eunsoo allowed herself to breath for a second, collapsing against the elevator wall.

"How bad is it?" She asked, biting her lip worriedly.

"Well, it doesn't look like anything's broken," the leader replied, sighing heavily."But it's definitely sprained."

Eunsoo breathed another sigh of relief. When she'd got the call that Baekhyun had slipped and injured his ankle, she'd been worried he'd badly broken it or something. Thankfully, that didn't appear to be the case. She stepped out the elevator, still sprinting even though the situation was as serious as she'd thought before; she still wanted to get to him as quickly as possible. He was still hurt, after all, even if it wasn't broken. 

She burst into the practice room, her eyes zeroing in on her fiancee lying on one of the sofas in the practice room, grimacing as a man wrapped his ankle in gauze. All the members of Exo were hovering nearby, looking at him worriedly. Baekhyun pained expression lit up as he saw Eunsoo, and she couldn't help but return his grateful smile as she went over to him.

"Hi," she said, kneeling next to him and gently brushing his messy hair off his forehead."How are you feeling?"

"It hurts," Baekhyun sighed, pouting."The doctor says I'll have to rest for at least 2 days before I can start walking on it properly, and then a while more before I can start training again."

"He'll have to stay at home for a while," the doctor said, finishing up his work."You'll need to keep the ankle elevated and rest. That means no moving unless it's to go from the sofa to the bathroom or to the bedroom to sleep until it's good enough to walk on, and even then don't push it too much. You don't want to hurt it again and prolong the injury."

"Got it," Eunsoo nodded seriously. She shot Baekhyun a stern look, shaking her head at him."You will be doing what the doctor told you. That means no thinking you're okay and trying to do things that you shouldn't, or getting bored and trying to mess around, alright?"

"...Define messing around?" Baekhyun gulped at her answering glare and he nodded meekly."Okay, I'll rest properly, I promise. Anything else, doc?"

"I think your wife has it covered," the doctor, a middle aged man, bordering on elderly, gave them a smile. 

"Oh, w-we're not married," Eunsoo said, blushing slightly. She held up her hand, showcasing her ring."Just engaged."

"Ah, my apologies," the man answered, unperturbed. He stood up, packing up his stuff and walking towards the door. One of the managers, along with Suho, rushed after him, presumably to talk about the exact time period Baekhyun would have to be on a hiatus and that sort of thing. The Exo members started chatting amongst themselves, visibly more relaxed know that they knew Baekhyun wasn't seriously injured or anything, leaving the couple to talk in peace. Baekhyun shifted a little, wincing.

"Ow..."

"Don't move around so much then," Eunsoo scolded, flicking his forehead lightly."Pabo."

"Yah! Don't pick on me when I'm injured," Baekhyun pouted, giving her his infamous puppy dog eyes. Eunsoo sighed, feeling herself melt in the face of his aegyo. She his hair apologetically, and he smiled brightly, closing his eyes briefly."That's better."

"Ew...gross..." Sehun muttered childishly as he watched them. Baekhyun cracked an eye open, shooting the maknae a disapproving look.

"You're just jealous you don't have a girl to do this with you," he shot at him, winking at his fiancee. Eunsoo giggled at him, rewarding his smart remark with a peck on the lips. Baekhyun chuckled, trying to deepen to kiss but Eunsoo pulled away before he could, shooting him a stern look.

"First of all, we're in public," she said."Second of all, there won't be any of that sort of thing going on until you're at least able to walk."

"You mean..." Baekhyun asked, horrified. He lowered his voice into a dramatic, mortified whisper."No ?"

"No ," Eunsoo confirmed, to a loud, despairing groan from her fiancee. She quickly dipped her head to kiss him again, distracting him from his irritation."I'll still kiss you though, I promise."

"Well, that's something I guess," Baekhyun sighed, pursing his lips. He glared at his wrapped ankle, pointing at it like it had done something wrong."This is your fault..."

"It's just a couple of days you have to stay still," Eunsoo reminded him."Then you can start walking around a little bit."

"It's going to though," Baekhyun pouted, folding his arms."I'll be so bored...you'll entertain me, right jagi?"

Eunsoo raised an eyebrow, but nodded,"Sure. I'll entertain you, I guess..."

"And look after me."

"Of course."

"And buy me illness ice cream?" 

She rolled her eyes; Baekhyun, for some inexplicable reason, always wanted ice cream when he was ill or injured. It was strange, because usually she was the one who loved the dessert, whilst he prefered cookies and/or biscuits in general. 

"Sure, I'll buy you illness ice cream."

"I love you," Baekhyun grinned, making to throw his arms around her and promptly yelping when he jerked his ankle accidentally."AH! God, that hurts..."

"Pabo," Eunsoo said again, tapping his nose gently, so he couldn't whine that she was hurting him. At his reproachful look she clicked her tongue and relented."I love you too...now, stop hurting yourself  and lie still like the doctor said. Aigoo, I have a feeling this is going to be a long couple of days..."

Eunsoo sighed, yawning slightly as she warmed up some noodle soup. Baekhyun was in the living room, flicking aimlessly through channels and occasionally whining that he was bored to death. She loved him, but her fiancee was being extremely irritating whilst his ankle was still injured enough to keep him immobile. Even more than he was when he had a cold, and that was saying something.

"Baekkie?" She called, walking into the room with the hot bowl carefully placed on a tray. Baekhyun jumped, looking up from his phone and quickly shoving it back in his pocket. Eunsoo's eyes narrowed suspiciously."What were you texting?"

"No one," Baekhyun said. He cleared his throat, smiling sweetly as he saw the steaming bowl."Thanks, jagiya. You're the best."

Eunsoo made a mental note to find out what he was up to after he finished eating, placing the bowl on the fold out table they used whenever they had to have drinks or food outside the kitchen and helping him sit up so he could eat. Baekhyun ate a mouthful, swallowing it before speaking again,"Soo?"

"Yes?" Eunsoo frowned at his innocent tone. He always used that tone when he wanted something.

"Can you get me some ice cream?" He begged, giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Um...sure. I can-"

"Not the flavour we've already got," Baekhyun scrunched his nose up, and Eunsoo was beginning to see why he'd put his best aegyo out before."Can you get me some bubblegum?"

"Bubblegum?" Eunsoo gave him a disgusted look."What the hell is that? Are you serious?"

"It's nice!" Baekhyun defended, pursing his lips irritably.

She sighed,"Even if I thought that sounded vaguely appealing I still wouldn't know where to get any...bubblegum flavour...I've never seen it in the store."

"Oh no, it's not a store flavour," Baekhyun shook his head, taking another mouthful of soup."You get it from this small ice cream place near the SM building. The managers bought us a bunch of flavours to celebrate the comeback and the bubblegum one was amazing."

"So...you want me to drive all the way to the SM building at 7 o'clock in the evening for ice cream?" Eunsoo said, raising an eyebrow. 

"Um...yes?" Baekhyun gave her a cute, innocent smile.

She didn't return it,"And why would I do that when I can just buy some vanilla from literally around the corner?"

"Because I'm hurt and bored and depressed and you love me too much to deny me something that will make me happier?" Baekhyun's puppy eyes grew even more pitiful and Eunsoo crumbled like a sandcastle. She pinched the bridge of her nose, cursing her weakness; sometimes, she wondered how on earth she was going to be able to deny her future children anything when she couldn't even resist their father.

"Alright, fine, you win. I'll get your weird bubblegum ice cream."

"Awesome," Baekhyun grinned smugly, rubbing his hands together."It's just across the road from the SM building. You can't miss it, the sign is in neon rainbow colours."

"Neon rainbow sign, across from SM; got it," Eunsoo muttered, grabbing the car keys. She pointed a stern finger at him."You owe me one. And you'd better not mess around whilst I'm gone!"

"I promise, I'll behave!" Baekhyun crossed his heart, biting his lip to try to hide his smile. Eunsoo shook her head at him, muttering under her breath about being too soft for her own good. She waved goodbye, disappearing down the hallway. Baekhyun heard her sliding her coat on, then the door opening and closing with a resounding click. He waited a minute, listening out to see if she was coming back. When she didn't, he sniggered to himself and pulled out his phone, standing up easily as it dialled and pacing, his ankle miraculously healed all of a sudden.

"Is she gone?" Suho's voice sounded in his ear.

"Yep, she's on the move," Baekhyun nodded, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet with a giddy grin."Get everyone into position, I'm on my way. Operation Orchid is a go."

Eunsoo parked the car, getting out with a sigh; honestly, the things she did for love, eh? Still, Baekhyun was bored and in pain and so she didn't really mind getting him something he really wanted, even if it was as gross as bubblegum falvoured ice cream.

The rainbow sign was unmissable, and Eunsoo made a beeline for it, shivering slightly in the cold night air. At least she'd brought a coat, otherwise she'd be colder than the ice cream she was about to get. Why on earth Baekhyun would want ice cream on a cold night like this was beyond her, but then again her fiancee's mind worked in mysterious and often weird ways. The door jingled with a cute bell sound as she opened it, welcoming the warm blast of air that greeted her once she was inside.

"Hello?" She called, when there was nobody behind the counter. Frowning, Eunsoo took a tentative step forward, raising her voice."Hello! Is there anyone here?"

The colourful beads covering what was presumably the doorway to the back room where they made the ice cream shook as someone pushed through them. The person stumbled a little, getting stuck in the little plastic spheres for a second before pulling himself free, long limbs flailing. He straightened immediately, cheeks pinking a little at his clumsiness but expression carefully detached. Eunsoo just stared, eyes wide.

"Sehun?"

"Noona," Exo's maknae nodded, clearing his throat. He took his hand out from behind his back, where he'd been clutching a flower. A white orchid, to be precise. Attached to the stem was an envelope, addressed to her.

"What's going on?" Eunsoo blinked, seriously confused. One minute she was here to get Baekhyun some ice cream, and the next minute Sehun was giving her flowers.

"You have to take it and read it," Sehun gestured, scrunching his nose up. Slightly hesitantly, Eunsoo took the orchid from him and took the envelope off. Baekhyun's handwriting greeted her on the front and she smiled for a second, wondering just what he was planning. She opened it, unfolding the paper inside.

Dear Eunsoo,

You've probably realized by now that the whole spraining my ankle thing was a ruse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter