Baekhyun's Guide To Getting The Girl

Of True Love And Inappropriate Texting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A long, long time ago (okay, so it was 2008), in a galaxy far, far away (...Bucheon), there was a 16 year old boy called Baekhyun. And he was in love. At least, he was pretty sure he was. Why else would he currently be in the library waiting to kind of-sort of-maybe stalk someone? That someone being the object of his affections, the quiet art girl who he'd found out through various sources was called Kim Eunsoo. She was in most of his classes, but always sat at the back and doodled on her notepad, never talking to anybody whilst he was basically the complete opposite of her, sitting right near the front and chattering to people non-stop. What? He was a friendly person by nature, sue him.

 

At first, he hadn't paid her much attention, but after a while he began to notice little things about her; how she bit her lip in concentration when she was drawing, how she would always blush and look down whenever somebody talked to her, the cute way her eyes widened whenever the teacher caught her drawing yet again in class. It didn't hurt that she was actually very pretty when her hair wasn't shyly covering her face. Baekhyun found himself becoming more and more interested in her. It started out as a vague curiousity, then he started sneaking glances at her in class, then he started asking around for information on her, and finally it came to this. Pretending to do his homework in the library whilst secretly waiting for Eunsoo to turn up and take her normal table (which was, incidentally, exactly opposite his). 

 

Sure enough, she walked in, toting her usual Hello Kitty shoulder bag which Baekhyun personally thought was adorable. She pulled out her sketchbook, flipping too an unfinished drawing and silently continuing it. Her lip was tugged between her teeth once again, half her face hidden by a curtain of black hair. Baekhyun picked up a book, pretending to read it whilst sneaking glances at her from around the edge of it. After a while he began to yawn, stifling it behind his hand. He'd stayed up late watching reruns of Tom and Jerrry cartoons (yes, he still liked Tom and Jerry. Deal with it) and was dead tired. Still, it wouldn't do good to fall asleep in the school library of all places, so he slapped his face lightly to wake himself up.

 

He was asleep about 2 minutes later.

 

"Um...hello?" Baekhyun frowned in his sleep, burying his face deeper into the pages of his book. A timid hand tapped his shoulder, shaking him when he didn't respond to this either."Y-You have to wake up, the library is closing...hello, can you wake up please?"

 

"Wh-Whaaaa?" Baekhyun made a sound that certainly wasn't in any recognizable language, before he opened his eyes, blearily staring up at Eunsoo.

 

Wait. Eunsoo? As in girl he's been library stalking Eunsoo? Oh...

 

"Ah!" He shot up out of his seat, sending it clattering backwards. Eunsoo stared at him, a tiny smile creeping onto her lips at his flustered state. Baekhyun blushed right the way up to his roots, muttering an apology as he scrambled to put the chair back. Great. The first time he talked to her and embarassed himself. He grabbed his bag hastily, straightening up.

 

They stood there for a moment in awkward silence, Eunsoo averting her gaze and staring at the floor with a cute blush that made him want to hug her in a totally non creepy way.

 

"I-I'm Baekhyun," he blurted out when the silence got too much for him to handle. She looked up in surprise as he bowed as low as he possibly could, hiding his rapidly reddening face. When she didn't answer him he straightened up again, clearing his throat."Um...thanks for waking me up, I guess."

 

"I-It's okay," she said softly, looking down at her feet again.

 

Baekhyun rocked back on his heels, trying to think of something else to say and failing. Typical; the one time his chattiness would come in useful and it fails him. 

 

"Well...I should get going then," he said eventually. Eunsoo just nodded, what was visible of her face underneath her hair a deep scarlet colour. She really was painfully shy, and Baekhyun thought it was a shame."S-See you around, I guess."

 

He walked towards the doors then, not wanting to put any pressure on her to talk to him when she clearly was too uncomfortable to do so. It was only when his hand was on the door handle that he heard her voice ring out, clear as crystal.

 

"Eu-Eunsoo."

 

Baekhyun's head whipped around and he gaped at her. She was actually meeting his gaze head on for a change, chewing her lip anxiously. Her hair had fallen away from her face and he could fully appreciate just how pretty she was now, which didn't help him to keep it together.

 

She fiddled with the shoulder strap of her bag,"Th-That's my name. Eunsoo."

 

"I know," Baekhyun blurted out the first thing that came into his head and immediately regretted it. Her eyebrows pulled together and she gave him a look of pure confusion. Quickly, he covered up his mistake; after all, no girl wanted to know that they'd been half-stalked."I-I mean, you're in my classes. So I know your name and...yeah."

 

"Oh, right," Eunsoo looked at her feet again, though a small smile touched her lips now. He could stare at that smile all day...okay, that was definitely creepy. He tried to forget he'd ever thought that.

 

"So..." he pulled his rucksack more securely onto his back."Heading home?"

 

"Yes," maybe it was just wishful thinking, but she seemed to be a bit more confident around him now they'd exchanged names."Are you?"

 

"Yep," more silence. God, he hated silence."Want some company?"

 

"Wh-What?" Eunsoo's eyes widened and she looked about two seconds away from fainting."I-I don't think...I mean, we don't live close do we? W-Wouldn't it just be an inconvenience or something?"

 

"No, it's totally fine," Baekhyun insisted, his natural charm finally returning to him. He thought privately that it was about time. He gestured outside."Come on, it's getting dark and my parents always taught me that's it's not polite to make a pretty girl walk home alone at night."

 

"P-Pretty?" Eunsoo covered her face immediately, shaking her head."I-I'm not..."

 

Baekhyun laughed at her reaction. She was too adorable for words. 

 

"I would have to disagree with you there," he gave her a sweet smile when she finally removed her hands from her face. She shook her head again, but tentatively walked to the door where he was waiting. He let her go first, like a proper gentleman, secretly fist pumping when she wasn't watching.

 

"Smooth, Baek," he praised himself quietly."You got this."

Okay, he's not going to lie. The first time they walked home together was extremely awkward. Eunsoo barely said a word the entire time, whilst Baekhyun struggled to come up with a topic that would get her to talk and failed miserably. As it turned out, they only lived about 10 minutes walk apart, which made it easier for Baekhyun to convince her he should accompany her on a more regular basis, which he did with great enthusiasm.

 

One of the first things he came to find out about Kim Eunsoo was that she wasn't actually as shy as she came across. Once she knew someone a bit better, she started to open up a bit more, even occasionally cracking jokes and showing a mischevious side. It was a whole new facet of her personality that Baekhyun welcomed with open arms.

 

The more they walked together, the more she opened up to him. Kim Eunsoo wanted to write her own manhwa novels. Kim Eunsoo loved raspbery ripple ice cream. Kim Eunsoo collected Hello Kitty items. Kim Eunsoo loved SNSD. Kim Eunsoo's favourite flowers were orchids. Kim Eunsoo dreamed of visiting Japan. Kim Eunsoo hated cucumbers like he did. Kim Eunsoo had never had a kiss before. Kim Eunsoo had the entire collection of classic Tom and Jerry. Kim Eunsoo was the youngest in her family. Kim Eunsoo's worst subject was maths. Kim Eunsoo's favourite colour was purple.

 

It was around the time that she said she hated cucumbers that he decided he was going to marry this girl.

 

They started sitting together as well. Well, okay, so Baekhyun might have just dropped into the seat next to her without permission and started chatting away the first time, but the second time she willingly sat with him.

 

After a couple of months, she shyly invited him to have dinner at her house. He couldn't stop grinning for the rest of the day.

 

Her parents took an immediate liking to him, luckily. Then again, he'd made a conscious effort to impress them. After all, he was going to have to ask them for their blessing to marry Eunsoo in the future, remember? After dinner, Eunsoo had showed him her room and her art table, which was full of art supplies and pieces of paper sporting little doodles right up to large drawings. Baekhyun jokingly asked her if she'd draw him, striking a pose like a superhero. She laughed and replied that she would try.

 

He looked soooo badass as Iron Man.

"I have a question," Baekhyun plopped down onto Eunsoo's desk. She jumped, her pencil running off the page. She scowled at him, grabbing her rubber. He held his hands up defensively."Sorry, sorry!"

 

Eunsoo sighed, rubbing the line out carefully,"What's the question?"

 

"Okay," he took a deep breath. When Eunsoo gave him an expectant look he realized he hadn't actually done the exhaling part of the deep breath process and quickly breathed out, his cheeks colouring."I-I was wondering, hypothetically-like, theoretically-as in, in theory if I were to, you know, maybe ask you on a date some time, would you say yes?"

 

"What?" Eunsoo blinked. Baekhyun cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

 

"I'm asking you out," he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter