Becoming Byun (2/4 of Byun Marriage series)

Of True Love And Inappropriate Texting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And you're certain the flowers are here already?"

"Yes Eomma, I'm sure they-"

"And the photographer? You did get a photographer, didn't you?"

"We did, and he's here and it's all f-"

"Are you sure you're going to be ready in time? The ceremony is in 2 hours and you're still having your makeup done..."

"Eomma!" Eunsoo shouted loudly, over her mother's panicked babbling. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down; it was her wedding day, after all, and so far she'd managed to avoid stressing out about everything. Mrs Kim had not been so calm, however; it was already in her nature to worry, and the situation had exacerbated it somewhat. Her sister was laughing to the side as she got her makeup done, recalling exactly how their mother had behaved during her wedding and feeling a little smug that it was Eunsoo's turn to deal with it.

"Eunsoo, honey, I just want everything to go well for you," Mrs Kim sniffed, becoming emotional for the fiftieth time that day whilst Eunsoo sighed and resisted the urge to facepalm."My littlest girl is all grown up and getting married. I feel so old..."

"You're not old, Eomma," Eunsoo reassured her, or tried to.

It didn't work; she kept on sniffling and dabbing at her eyes with the handkerchief clutched in her palm,"I still remember when you brought him home the first time and he spent the entire evening clinging to you like a koala...it was so obvious he liked you but you were so dense back then that you didn't realize..."

"EOMMA!" Eunsoo exclaimed, offended, whilst Hara cackled beside her.

"I'm sorry honey, but it's true," Mrs Kim continued despite her daughter's obvious irritation. Luckily for her Eunsoo couldn't argue too much as the makeup artist was currently applying some sort of special lip coating that would make sure her lipstick stayed on for the rest of the day no matter what."Yes, you were so clueless, but we knew you would catch on eventually. And after that first date I told your father, I told him 'that boy sleeping down the hall from us, he's our future son-in-law you know', and I was right..."

Eunsoo quietly seethed as the stylist added the light pink lipstick to her lips, Baekhyun's favourite colour on her. If she'd known her mother was going to be like this, then she wouldn't have let her into the room. Mrs Kim sighed, standing behind her with a watery smile, placing her hands on her daughter's shoulders as she stared at her through the mirror.

"Look at you, so grown up and beautiful," she sniffled again."You'll be having babies soon, won't you? Beautiful little babies with your new husband...oh, I really am very old now, aren't I?"

Eunsoo didn't see the point in trying to console her as every time she did the woman ended up sobbing again, so she just nodded sympathetically and reached behind to pat her on the shouder. That seemed to help for a couple of minutes, at least until her mother spotted her engagement ring and started crying about that too.

"Oh my! Do you remember when you came home for the first time after getting engaged? When Baekhyun thought your father was going to hit him and jumped five foot in the air when all he was going to do was clap him on the shoulder? Aigoo, that boy..."

So Eunsoo just sighed and sat there, resigning herself to the fact that her mother was going to be an emotional wreck for the rest of the day and hoping that Baekhyun was having an easier time of it.

"Come on, just one peek."

"No."

"But I want to see her!"

"You can't see the bride on the wedding day, okay! It's tradition!"

"Tradition ."

"Maybe it does, but that doesn't change anything."

"AISH!" Baekhyun yelled, overdramatically collapsing onto the fancy, gold patterned sofa. They were all in the designated 'groom room', and Baekhyun had been whining practically ever since he woke up in that morning that he wanted to see his soon-to-be wife. Well, the first thing he'd actually done that morning was to sneak out his room and try to go see her before any of s woke up and tried to stop him. Luckily, they had anticipated this and stationed Kyungsoo in front the elevator. Needless to say, one look at Kyungsoo holding one of his punishment sticks and wearing a warning glare on his face had made Baekhyun rethink his plans and quietly slink back into his room with a pout. It was then that he began whining non-stop.

"Look, there's only half an hour until the ceremony," Kris reasoned with him, glancing at his watch. The Canadian had arrived early that morning, along with their two other ex-members. Tao had eagerly joined in the 'keep Baekhyun isolated at all costs' brigade, probably as a way of paying him back for all those times he imitated him in the past. Needless to say, the Wushu master tackled harder than Kyungsoo, and that was saying something."Then you can see her."

"That's too long!" Baekhyun buried his face into one of the sofa cushions and whined even louder. He looked like a little kid as he sent them all a reproachful pout over the top of the cushion, frowning."I want to see her now."

"Don't worry, son," Eunsoo's father had joined them a little while ago, joking that he was making sure Baekhyun wasn't 'doing a runner'. He clapped the younger male on the shoulder, chuckling. Mr Kim had always been fond of Baekhyun, and sometimes Eunsoo would joke that he liked her fiancee even more than he liked her sometimes."It'll be worth it once you finally do see her."

"I know, I know," Baekhyun muttered, still pouting. He glanced up at s, all of whom were watching him with eagle eyes and suspicious expressions. He held his hands up defensively, shaking his head."Okay, you can stop watching me like hawks now! I won't escape, I promise."

"You said that like 40 minutes ago, right before you tried to climb out the bathroom window and get to her from the outside of the hotel," Luhan reminded him, settled comfortably on a chair right in front of said bathroom in order to make sure he didn't try that particular stunt again.

"...Okay fine, but there's no other way I can escape now, so what's the point in wasting energy focusing on me?" Baekhyun reasoned, slumping back against his seat. The EXO members, current and not current, all glanced at each other with serious expressions, having a silent conversation between themselves that Baekhyun and his future father-in-law weren't a part of.

Then Suho folded his arms and nodded firmly,"Alright. We believe you."

"Thank God," Baekhyun mumbled as they finally stopped lazering him with their intense gazes."I swear I was going to burst into flames any second..."

He suddenly became aware of someone tapping his shoulder. The vocalist frowned, turning his head to face the culprit, only to come face to face with Mr Kim. The elder man was watching the rest of EXO like a hawk, whilst talking discretely out the side of his mouth.

"Okay, here's the deal," he whispered."My wife and I can get you and Eunsoo together before the ceremony, okay?"

"What?" Baekhyun perked up immediately, his eyes wide."You mean I can-"

"Shh, not so loud!" Mr Kim placed his finger on his lips hurriedly."And yes, you can. I'll create a distraction whilst you go wait outside the bridal room. My wife will bring her out for you."

"Thank you!" Baekhyun whispered, grinning widely."Thank you so much..."

"It's not a problem," Eunsoo's father smiled, chuckling."I couldn't stay away from Eunsoo's mother on our wedding day either."

"Okay," Baekhyun said giddily, practically vibrating with excitement. He deflated then, frowning."But...I'm not supposed to see her on the wedding day, right? It's against the tradition..."

"Oh, no," Mr Kim grinned, pulling something out of his pocket and putting it on his lap."Who said anything about seeing her?"

"Eunsoo, honey, would you like to step outside with me for a bit?" Mrs Kim asked, fiddling with her daughter's necklace clasp, undoing it and redoing it anxiously. Eunsoo had given up on stopping her ages ago and was now just sitting there in long suffering silence. She knew how her mother got on big occasions, and it was just better to let her get on with it.

"Sure," Eunsoo agreed readily. It was getting a bit stuffy in the bridal room, and she could probably do with a little air. Mrs Kim did the clasp up one last time, smiling at the pretty sapphire that rested neatly in the hollow of Eunsoo's throat. It was her 'something blue', and was basically the only bit of expensive jewelry (apart from the engagement ring, technically) Baekhyun had ever given her because Eunsoo didn't normally go for the extremely pricey stuff. She preferred the quirky, cheap type you got in accesory stores and the like. But it had been their 5th anniversary and so he'd splurged on it and gotten her the beautiful sapphire necklace that she'd only worn a couple of times because it was so precious that she felt wrong wearing something so pretty and expensive. But as this was a very special occasion she'd decided to break it out.

Her mother lead her out the door, making sure to help her hold the end of her dress up to avoid unecessary damage (so far everything had been going to plan, but she couldn't help being a tiny bit paranoid because what bride wouldn't?). They stopped just outside, to Eunsoo's confusion. 

"Er...aren't we going outside?"

"No, this is as outside as we have to go," Mrs Kim smiled a secretive kind of smile and Eunsoo swallowed, not sure what to expect. It was then that she spotted someone stumbling around the corner of the corridor, someone who looked very familiar. She squinted at him as he tripped, falling flat on his face with a groan.

"Ow..."

"Baekhyun?" She called uncertainly. He lifted his head up, a huge grin on his lips.

"Jagiya? Is that you?"

"Yes, it's me," Eunsoo covered to hide her giggles."Wh-Why are you wearing a blindfold?"

Baekhyun sighed, carefully making his way towards her, indeed with a blindfold over his eyes,"Your Dad said he could arrange a meeting, but I had to wear this so I wasn't technically 'seeing' you before the wedding."

"Oh, right," Eunsoo shook her head at her insane father's antics. Baekhyun finally reached her, gripping her arm for pur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter