Ice Cream Solutions

Of True Love And Inappropriate Texting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, how was work?" Eunsoo suddenly broke away from the welcome home kiss she'd planted on her fiancée before he'd even managed to open his mouth. Don't judge her, okay. She was currently writing a very sad romantic storyline and it had made her crave lots of kisses and hugs.

 

Baekhyun blinked,"Work? It's work…there, good enough; now back to kissing-"

 

"Baek," Eunsoo rolled her eyes, dodging out the way as he leaned in again, causing him to stumble forwards with a yelp. The idol cleared his throat, straightening his shirt like nothing had happened.

 

"What?" He pouted as she went to sit on the sofa, folding her arms irritably."What did I say?"

 

"Nothing," Eunsoo sighed, running a hand through her hair."Sorry. This new storyline is getting to me; I'm doing that intense character immersion thing again and it's not exactly helping my mood."

 

"Jagiya…" Baekhyun's pout vanished in an instant, immediately replaced by concern. He admired his fiancée's dedication to her art and writing, but she had the tendency to get too attached and emotional over her stories and it often caused her to have strange mood swings. Sometimes, if the storyline was happy it would be fine, and if the storyline was quite ual it would mean a week or two of a very satisfied Baekhyun, but when the emotions in the story were negative it wasn't very fun for either of them. He went to sit next to her, wrapping an arm gently around her shoulders and pulling her head to rest on his chest. He rubbed her arm comfortingly, serious rather than playful Baekhyun coming out now."Do you want to talk about it?"

 

"No, I'm fine," Eunsoo sighed, though she snuggled further into his chest."I think I just need hugs and a lot of ice cream."

 

"I can do that!" Baekhyun exclaimed, suddenly jumping to his feet, eager to help in any way he could. He pointed at her with a mock-serious look on his face."You just stay right there. Doctor Byun is on the case."

 

"Baek, what are you doing?" Eunsoo raised an eyebrow at his weirdness. Baekhyun wagged his finger at her, shaking his head sternly.

 

"Don't question me young lady," he scolded."I have a PhD in love, so I know what I'm doing."

 

"PhD in…you're so greasy!" Eunsoo covered her face with embarrassment at his antics, but Baekhyun just smiled mischievously before he became serious again in an instant. He knelt in front of her, pulling her hands away from her face so he could place his palm against her forehead. Eunsoo watched with an amused yet still weirded out look as he hummed thoughtfully, eyebrows knitting together.

 

"Hmm…yes…I see," his fingers moved to check her pulse."Ah…of course…"

 

"You dork," Eunsoo poked his cheek to try to get him to stop messing around, but he just ignored her, continuing with his strange doctor character.

 

"Just as I thought; you appear to be suffering from an acute case of sad-romance-novel syndrome," her completely ridiculous yet incredibly sweet and amazing fiancée diagnosed, the hint of a smile playing on his lips now. He winked, tapping her nose with his forefinger."I prescribe a marathon of cartoons and several gallons of raspberry ripple ice cream. And a strong dose of hugs and kisses from your wonderful, talented and handsome fiancée, of course."

 

"…Okay," Eunsoo gave in and decided to (at least partially) play along with the Doctor Byun theme. She placed a hand on her chest, shrugging."Who am I to argue with a love expert?"

 

"Exactly," Baekhyun jumped to his feet in one, energetic bound, making a beeline for the kitchen to retrieve Eunsoo's favourite ice cream. She always made sure there was ice cream; even if they had no other foods, there would always be a tub of raspberry ripple sitting in the bottom drawer of the freezer. Sometimes, Baekhyun swore she loved it more than him, although he knew that wasn't actually the case. Still, he had to wonder occasionally…

 

Eunsoo went to grab the covers from their bedroom, figuring that if they were going to watch cartoons together they might as well be extra comfortable. Baekhyun was sitting patiently when she came back, frowning slightly as he concentrated on getting the television working, the tub of ice cream resting on his lap. Eunsoo dropped down next to him, holding up the blanket with a small smile when he looked at her. He smiled back, holding up two spoons and nodding at her to pick one.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter