Alohomora My Heart (Harry Potter AU feat OT12) (requested by doremia)

Of True Love And Inappropriate Texting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Based on doremia's request for a Harry Potter AU with OT12. Obviously.

 

"I hate him!" 

Kim Eunsoo stormed into the Gryffindor common room, fury written all over her face. Jongin, one of her friends, started awake with a yelp, whilst her other friend Zitao immediately started to scowl, cracking his knuckles.

"Who do I wushu?" He asked, sounding perhaps a little too eager to give somebody an whooping than he perhaps should have done for a Gryffindor. Sometimes, Eunsoo swore that he was supposed to be a Slytherin but the hat couldn't be bothered to think it through properly, and so just dumped him randomly in Gryffindor. Eunsoo growled under her breath, collapsing onto the sofa next to the still sleepy Jongin with an venomous glare.

"Who do you think?" Eunsoo snapped, folding her arms irritably. 

Jongin rubbed his eyes, yawning widely,"I don't know...the minister for magic?"

"Byun Baekhyun you moron!" Eunsoo screeched, smacking him over the head. Jongin shouted, covering his face defensively. She stopped smacking him after a while, instead falling back against the back of the sofa with an irritated snarl."Ugh, he's such a jerk! I hate him so much! I didn't even do anything to deserve his snarky comments this time? What did I do to deserve it!?"

"Nothing, he's just an ," Zitao said, rolling his eyes. He seemed to have calmed down now, but there was still the risk of wushu. There was always the risk of wushu where Tao was involved."He doesn't need a reason to act like an arrogant jerk, he just is."

"Preach," Jongin lazily lifted a hand, before slumping back again with a groan."Why'd you have to wake me up, Soo?"

"Oh, shut up," Eunsoo tutted, poking his forehead. Jongin cowered, whining that she was a bully whilst Zitao laughed at his misfortune, to Jongin's irritation. They descended into a loud argument until Kim Junmyeon, the overly uptight Headboy, came to tell them off for disrupting the common room, not for the first time. They told him they would keep it down, waiting approximately 2 seconds after he had disappeared before all three of them burst out laughing, doubling over hysterically as Jongin did a bad impression of Jummyeon. For a while, Byun Baekhyun the arrogant Slytherin jerk prince was forgotten.

Eunsoo yawned, sleepily reaching for the coffee jug nearby, nearly tipping it over due to how tired she was. That was the last time she stayed up all night letting Do Kyungsoo test out new study methods on her. The Ravenclaw was without a doubt one of the smartest kids in school, but he was also Satan. He'd missed his calling when the hat had placed him in Ravenclaw instead of Slytherin, she swore. Kyungsoo looked calm and quiet, but he had a terrifying temper. Normally, Ravenclaw's prefect Minseok would study with him (Minseok alone seemed to be able to avoid Kyungsoo's wrath), but he was busy in a prefect meeting so Kyungsoo asked (cough forced cough) her to do it instead. Sometimes, she questioned why she was even friends with the psychopath.

"You look awful," Jongin told her bluntly, to which she scowled in such a venomous way that he visibly cowered and tried to automatically shield himself with the juice jug."I-I'm just saying..."

"Well don't," Eunsoo grumbled, scanning the table as she sipped her coffee, sighing happily."Oh God, it's so good..."

"Seriously, you need to stop making sounds when you drink coffee," Jongin scrunched up his nose."It's disturbing."

"Who's making sounds?" Eunsoo groaned, hearing the familiar tones of one of her least favourite people. No, it wasn't Baekhyun (he would be her absolute least favourite, followed closely by his cronies), but Luhan, the erted Hufflepuff who tried to flirt with everything that moved. He casually dropped down next to her, inserting himself into the conversation."And follow up question; why wasn't I invited?"

"I don't make sounds," Eunsoo countered quickly, before he could make a further erted comment or something. Luhan grinned, winking greasily at her.

"I bet I could help you with that."

"Oh my God, just walk into the Forbidden Forest," Eunsoo snapped, pushing him away. The Hufflepuff shrieked, falling backwards onto his . She smiled triumphantly as he huffed, brushing himself down whilst she turned back to Jongin, not about to apologize for her actions."Have you seen Taozi this morning?"

"Yeah," Jongin sniggered, pointing across the hall. Eunsoo followed his finger with a frown."He's talking to his man crush."

Sure enough, Zitao was chatting animatedly to Wu Yifan, or Kris as he preferred people call him, Ravenclaw's seeker. Tao was his biggest fan, and they always that he should just ask him out already, which led to the wushu master shrieking 'I'M NOT GAY' and threatening them both with his wushu stick. Eunsoo giggled, taking the opportunity to study the rest of the hall. She spotted Kyungsoo chatting animatedly to Minseok, presumably about his new techniques, the Hufflepuff keeper Yixing taking a nap on his toast (how that boy ever managed to play Quidditch between being spaced out and napping was beyond her), one of the Hufflepuff beaters Jongdae sniggering whilst he turned the poor keeper's hair pink and blue with his wand, Kim Junmyeon being his usual, perfect Head Boy self and last (and definitely least) Byun Baekhyun's cronies. Chanyeol and Sehun were the brat king's most loyal minions, always by his side or at least with each other. Chanyeol was tall and forever grinning widely; mostly at other people's misfortune. Sehun, by contrast, rarely smiled, and when he did it was nearly always a cold smirk. Eunsoo loathed both of them with a fiery passion. They both participated in Baekhyun's vendetta against her. Ever since their first day, Eunsoo and Baekhyun had been number one enemies. It wasn't even her fault! He just happened to be standing by her in the entrance hall when suddenly he made a snide comment about her short, messy hair. Eunsoo, naturally, told him to shut his face. The scandalized look on his face told her that this was basically the first time anybody had stood up to him ever (even back then she could tell he was a snooty rich boy destined for Slytherin), and he immediately signalled his friends (Chanyeol and Sehun were rich like him, and their families were friends so they knew each other before the first day) and proceeded to gang up on her. Luckily, a certain Wushu panda noticed what was happening and came to help her. Tao ended up getting into a small tussle with Chanyeol, who cannoned into Jongin, who got pissed when the giant refused to apologize and joined Eunsoo's group. It was then that Baekhyun basically declared war on her and her friends, and proceeded to try to mess with her at every opportunity for the next 5 years.

"Where's jerk prince?" Eunsoo asked, frowning as she couldn't find Baekhyun anywhere. She was always suspicious when he was out of sight; it usually meant he was planning something. 

"Talking about me, SooSoo?"

She was right. He'd been planning on coming over and irritating her. Again.

Eunsoo turned to face him, glaring up at his irritatingly handsome face. Oh, she was well aware that he was a pretty boy, far too pretty for it to be fair. Seriously, why did the worst guys get good looks? He had that self-satisfied smirk on his lips that she loathed, hair parted stylishly and his hands shoved in his pockets, every inch the casual playboy jerk.

"Yes," she said icily."About what an arrogant brat you are."

Baekhyun laughed, sounding rather proud of himself,"It's cute when you try to hurt my feelings."

"What do you want, Byun?" Jongin cut in, rolling his eyes. Baekhyun just seated himself casually next to Eunsoo in response, leaning his elbows back on the table as he reclined back. He winked at a Gryffindor girl who stared at him, causing her to blush and knock over the salt shaker. Eunsoo and Jongin scowled (Luhan sensed the tension and quickly scarpered) at him as he plucked a piece of toast off Eunsoo's plate, acting like he owned the place as he always did.

"Just wanted to come over and say hello to my least favourite girl," Baekhyun nibbled the toast thoughtfully (her toast, hers), pointing at Eunsoo's face."You've got something there."

"What?" Eunsoo looked at Jongin, who shook his head with an exasperated expression. Baekhyun sniggered unkindly, sneering at her.

"Oh sorry, that's just your natural unattractiveness."

Eunsoo's fist clenched and she repeated 'don't punch him or you'll get detention' over and over again in her head,"If you only came to make snide comments and steal my food then go away. Actually, on second thoughts you can just go away anyway. You're polluting the air with jerkishness."

"I second that," Jongin said.

"I third it," Tao appeared, a hostile expression on his face as he stared at Baekhyun. To his credit, the brat prince didn't even flinch in the face of Zitao's fury, which most would have done. It was second only to Kyungsoo's. He just rolled his eyes, dumping the half eaten piece of toast rudely back onto Eunsoo's plate (she cringed away from it; it was contaminated now) and standing up.

"Whatever," he snorted, straightening his robes."I've got better things to do than hang around the Unintelligent Trinity."

"Then why did you come over here in the first place?" Eunsoo challenged instantly, eyes narrowed. Baekhyun spluttered a little, before scowling at her satisfied smirk.

"Oh, shut your over sized mouth, Kim," he growled, before sweeping off indignantly to join his friends. Eunsoo laughed at his reaction; Baekhyun could deal it out, but he could never take it. That was why he had Sehun and Chanyeol around, to back him up and retaliate when somebody dared to speak back to him. Still chortling, Eunsoo turned back to her remaining pieces of toast and her coffee, turning to Tao.

"How's your beloved Yifan?" She asked teasingly, but he wasn't listening. Eunsoo frowned, clicking her fingers in front of his face."Yah, I'm talking to you Huang."

"What?" Tao muttered, turning his venomous gaze away from Baekhyun's retreating back. He furrowed his eyebrows at her, gesturing to the Slytherin."Why don't you just curse him or something. He's such an ; a nasty curse might make him think twice before bothering you again."

"I can't curse him. If I curse him, it means I've stooped to his level and that's bad," Eunsoo said solemnly, placing her hand on her heart. Both Jongin and Zitao gave her equally sceptical looks and she deflated, muttering under her breath."Fine, it's because I'll get detention."

"It'd be worth it though," Jongin mused, placing his chin thoughtfully on his palm as he daydreamed about all the nasty things that she could do to the jerk."Yeah. Totally worth it."

"It's alright for you to say that, you wouldn't be the one in trouble," Eunsoo rolled her eyes. She'd resigned herself by now to the fact that Baekhyun would never change and there was no point in trying to think up ways to make him do so. He was one of those people with absolutely zero chances of redemption.

"What if it couldn't be traced back to you?" Tao said suddenly. His eyes were narrowed thoughtfully, and for a second he looked like some sort of criminal mastermind plotting the demise of his archenemy."Not something serious, just something to shake him up a little bit..."

"Dude, you sound like a dark wizard right now," Jongin raised an eyebrow, echoing Eunsoo's thoughts.

Zitao shrugged,"I was just saying. Taking Byun Baekhyun down a peg or too wouldn't be that bad."

"I think taking him down about a hundred pegs would be more suitable," Eunsoo sent a disgusted look towards her enemy, who was seated back at the Slytherin table with his cronies, laughing about something. Most likely her. 

"You're both going to the dark side," Jongin warned them, waving a piece of sausage sternly at the two before shoving it in his mouth. Eunsoo scrunched up her nose, not quite understanding why so many girls found her food monster of a friend attractive. She supposed she could see it occasionally, but at times like this when he had his mouth stuffed with food she really couldn't. He swallowed thickly, shaking his head."Let's just stop wasting our breath over Byun Baekhyun now, okay?"

"Fine," Eunsoo agreed, taking a sip of coffee. She nudged Tao, who was still in a thoughtful reverie thinking up ways to humiliate Baekhyun. He blinked, before nodding.

"Sure, sure."

"Great," Jongin grinned, mischief twinkling in his eyes."So...how's the husband, Taozi?"

Eunsoo snorted, covering to stop herself from screaming with laughter as Zitao processed what he had just said and turned crimson with anger.

"For the last time I'm not gay!"

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo, but I can't do the studying thing with you again," Eunsoo was sitting by the lake, enjoying the summer sun. She'd taken her robes off and was now left in only a skirt and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Jongin was napping quietly next to her, whilst Tao was off doing God knows what with God knows who (cough his husband cough). Kyungsoo had come up to her not too long ago, clutching a volume that looked heavier than he was, and now he was trying to convince her to study with him again. But no way was she going through that hell again, so she was currently trying to get out of it without being rude.

"Why not?" Kyungsoo's eyes narrowed and she gulped, wondering if he'd somehow created a spell to read her mind. This was Kyungsoo after all, the smartest wizard in the entire school. He could do anything.

"I have...a thing."

"A thing?"

"Yep."

"What's the thing?" Kyungsoo eyes narrowed even further, until they were practically slits. Eunsoo glanced around wildly, trying to pick out something, anything that might distract him or help her out. The only thing's she picked up that might be useful were Jongin (who was still fast asleep), Luhan (who she wanted to avoid at all costs because he'd probably ask for something erted in return for his help) and Kim Jongdae, who she didn't know well enough to engage in conversation anyway. Resigned, she turned back to the Ravenclaw, about to admit defeat when a familiar voice called her name.

"Kim Eunsoo!"

Both Eunsoo and Kyungsoo turned to the speaker. Byun Baekhyun was making his way towards them. Any other time Eunsoo would have been irritated by his presence, but Baekhyun being his usual obnoxious self might be enough to distract Kyungsoo long enough for her to think of an excuse or piss him off so he left. Either way was good.

As the Slytherin neared, Eunsoo noticed something wrong. Very wrong. Baekhyun usually had a little sneer on his face whenever he spoke to her, but now his face was different. It was brighter and...was that a tiny smile on his lips? She shook her head; no, that was ridiculous. Baekhyun would never smile at her.

"What do you want, Byun?" She sighed as he arrived. He stood over her, hand rubbing the back of his neck as he looked down at her frowning face. When he didn't speak she clicked her tongue impatiently."Well?"

Baekhyun opened his mouth, then closed it, then opened it again. When no words came out, he cleared his throat in a nervous manner. Baekhyun being nervous? The situation was getting weirder and weirder.

"Actually, I want to talk to you alone," he shot Kyungsoo a pointed look. The Ravenclaw blinked, before rolling his eyes and stomping off without a word, clearly irritated by both Baekhyun's behaviour and Eunsoo's bad excuses not to study with him. When he was sure he'd gone, Baekhyun sighed. To Eunsoo's surprise, he took a seat next to her, turning to face her with the largest grin that Eunsoo had never seen him do. It was always nasty little smiles and self-satisfied smirks on his lips, not bright like this. She had to admit, he looked a lot better.

"What?" Eunsoo asked warily. This was Baekhyun after all, and this could be part of some grand scheme to humiliate her. Baekhyun continued to grin at her, hugging his knees in a way that could only be described as cute. Except it wasn't, because Baekhyun was not cute. No, he was evil. She had to remember that.

"I just wanted to say something," Baekhyun spoke suddenly. He sounded giddy, nothing like his usual self at all. Eunsoo watched as his cheeks took on a pinkish hue, before he blurted out the thing that she least expected to come out of his mouth.

"I love you Eunsoo!" He blurted out, cheeks crimson now.

Eunsoo froze,"What?"

Baekhyun nodded eagerly, shifting so he was kneeling in front of her,"It's true. I love you Kim Eunsoo! I love you more than anything in this world!"

"Th-This is a joke, right?" Eunsoo swallowed, glancing around awkwardly as people began to notice the scene and stare. It was well known that Kim Eunsoo and Byun Baekhyun were mortal enemies, so seeing Baekhyun apparently confessing his love for her was causing a lot of gossip.

"No," Baekhyun said seriously, grabbing her hand. Eunsoo felt her face heat up as he kissed the back of it with a dopey smile."I really, really love you. Please, I'll do anything to make you mine. I'll jump in the lake and wrestle the giant squid! I'll fight off twenty bludgers on my own! I'll fly around the whole world on my broomstick!"

"S-Seriously, this isn't funny," Eunsoo stammered, still certain that this was a joke. Jongin stirred behind her, rubbing his eyes whilst yawning widely. He paused mid yawn, taking in the sight of Baekhyun holding onto her hand and Eunsoo staring at him, silently pleading for help.

"Um..." he scratched the back of his head, blinking."Did I miss something?"

Eunsoo laughed nervously,"Well..."

"Please, Eunsoo!" Baekhyun cut her off, and to her horror decided that now would be an appropriate time to throw his arms around her. Eunsoo screamed, tumbling backwards with Baekhyun on top of her, his arms around her waist and his face landing in between her s to make it even more awkward. Shrieking, Eunsoo pushed his head off her.

"No! Get off! BYUN!"

Jongin gaped at the two of them, Eunsoo trying to wrestle Baekhyun off her whilst he loudly proclaimed his undying love and tried to kiss her cheek, and shook his head.

"Seriously, what did I miss?"

"What are you doing?" 

Eunsoo just shook her head at Tao, shushing him as she crouched behind one of the Hogwarts statues. She risked a peak at the corridor and upon seeing it Baekhyun-free sighed with relief, standing up from her hiding place. Tao shot her a weirded out look, to which she groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I don't know it you've heard, but the jerk prince confessed his undying love for me by the lake and now he won't leave me alone," Eunsoo shuddered."It's so creepy. It's like he's been fed a love potion or something."

"That's because he has."

Eunsoo blinked, taking a moment to process the wushu wizard's words and the accompanying triumphant smirk on his features. Then, she gasped and a finger at him dramatically,"It was you! You did this! Why would you do that!? What could you possibly gain from making Byun Brathyun stalk me all day?"

"It's simple," Zitao placed his fingers together evilly, giving off the air of a supervillian explaining his doomsday plans."You basically get a lovesick slave for the next 24 hours or so, and after it wears off he'll be absolutely humiliated and hopefully will leave you alone."

"Yeah, or he could think that I did it and come after me with a vengeance," Eunsoo snapped, smacking his shoulder hard.

Tao yelped, pouting as he rubbed the stinging area,"Yah! Don't hit me when I did something to help you! Do you have any idea how hard it was to convince Kim Jongdae to spike Byun's pumpkin juice for me? Do you have any idea what that troll made me do? Let's just say I'm never looking at the giant squid the same way again..."

Eunsoo ignored his whining, instead leaning against the wall and covering her face with her hands, desperately trying to think of a way to handle the situation. Avoiding him seemed to be a pretty good idea, but there was always the risk that he would find her and besides, she wasn't about to skip a days worth of meals just to avoid somebody. The other option was to find a cure for the love potion, but she wasn't good enough at potions to do something like that and she doubted Zitao or Jongin were either. She cursed Tao for his stupidity; seriously, out of all the ways he could have gotten revenge on the Slytherin he chose the most irritating one...

Loud footsteps in the corridor made her look up, eyes wide and panicked. She jumped behind the statue again, checking to see whether Baekhyun had come back. When all she saw were his cronies she relaxed, straightening again. Chanyeol and Sehun were looking very agitated, and when they locked eyes with her both of them immediately started to sprint towards her. Eunsoo gave them a questioning look at they arrived, their expressions the very definition of pissed off. Ignoring Tao's presence, Chanyeol scowled at Eunsoo and jabbed her shoulder.

"What did you do to Baekhyun, Kim?" The giant demanded. Eunsoo shot Tao a glare, pointing at him.

"Ask the genius here," she growled, still extremely irritated by his 'brilliant' revenge plan. Seriously, just what was he thinking? She came to the conclusion that he must have had a temporary aneurysm. Both Chanyeol and Sehun turned to her friend with identical angry faces. Tao stared back defiantly, folding his arms.

"What did you do, Huang?" Sehun spoke now, tone icier than the arctic in winter.

Zitao snorted,"I don't see why I should tell you anything..."

"Then I don't see why I shouldn't curse you into next week," Chanyeol growled, shoving his hand into his robes. Tao went for his wand at the same time, but Eunsoo ran in between them. As much as it would be satisfying to see Chanyeol beaten in a duel, she didn't much want to get into detention.

"Calm the hell down, both of you," she ordered, narrowing her eyes sternly at the two of them. Tao sighed, letting go of his wand. Chanyeol took a couple more seconds to back down, before placing his wand back inside his robes with a sneer.

"You're lucky your girlfriend is here, Huang."

"We're not dating!" They both snapped at the same time, giving each other equally disgusted looks. Sure, she knew that Tao was attractive, but like Jongin she couldn't see herself ever actually being attracted to him, if that made sense. 

"Whatever," Sehun groaned, rolling his eyes impatiently. He fixed Tao with a surprisingly pleading look."Please Huang. Just tell us what you did so we can get him back to normal. This new Baekhyun is creepy as hell."

Tao blinked, obviously as wrongfooted as Eunsoo at the emotion in the Slytherin's voice; it was obvious that, even though they were all brattish s, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun were also very close friends and cared about each other a lot. Eunsoo thought about what she would do if Tao or Jongin was put in the same situation as Baekhyun and sighed. Damn her conscience; why couldn't she have been a cold hearted Slytherin?

"He got Baekhyun's drink spiked with love potion," she told them before Tao could say anything."That's why he's been following me around and being generally weird."

Now, she expected them to be pissed off. She expected them to have a go at Tao for trying to humiliate their friend, but then calm down and go to fix it. But they didn't; instead of being pissed, their eyes widened in horror.

"," Chanyeol cursed, running a hand agitatedly through his hair whilst Sehun swallowed heavily behind him. He grabbed hold of Tao's shoulders, shaking him violently."Why would you do that!? Do you have any idea what you've done!?"

"Jesus, calm down!" Tao yelled, trying to pry the giant's hands off him. Chanyeol let go, though still looked horrified. Tao frowned, straightening his robes."Why are you overreacting? It'll wear off in 24 hours-less than that, actually."

"No, it won't," Sehun shook his head, closing his eyes in something akin to despair. It was Eunsoo's turn to frown; what did that mean? Love potions only last 24 hours, that was common knowledge. The strongest ones might last for a week, but those were illegal and besides, Tao had already told them it was a weak one. So what did Sehun mean by that?

"Yeah, it will," Tao said slowly, like he was talking to an idiot."Trust me, I saw the bottle. It's a 24 hour one."

"No, you don't understand," Chanyeol sighed, running a tired hand over his face. He then shot Eunsoo a sheepish look, which confused her even further. The tall Slytherin cleared his throat, shooting Sehun a secret sort of glance. When the blonde nodded seriously, he turned back to Eunsoo. 

"Look, I know you and Baekhyun don't get along, at all," Chanyeol began. Eunsoo snorted; that was an understatement. However, she waited patiently for him to continue speaking, keeping her snarky thoughts to herself."But, you see, Baek...Baekhyun, he...well, actually..."

"He likes you," Sehun said bluntly.

Eunsoo's brain basically exploded.

Did she hear that right? Surely she didn't. Byun Baekhyun, the boy that had been trying to make her life hell for years, couldn't possibly like her. She shook her head, keeping her tone polite.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you right."

"Yes, you did," Sehun clicked his tongue impatiently, his expression full of a sincerity that Eunsoo had never seen there before."Baekhyun likes you, Eunsoo. Like, he likes you a lot."

Eunsoo blinked, before laughing incredulously. That was the only thing she could do in response to a statement like that, really.

"O-Oh, that's funny. Good joke. And I thought you didn't have a sense of humour."

"It's not a joke," Chanyeol shot her a disapproving look."He's serious. We're serious. Baekhyun likes you. He's liked you since the first day, but you know how your first meeting went; it wasn't exactly...a good introduction. So now, he thinks that the only way you will talk to him is if he's an arrogant brat."

"Well, he's kind of an arrogant brat anyway," Sehun commented, to a careless shrug from Chanyeol."We all are, that's just how we were raised. But he definitely goes out of his way to be as obnoxious as possible when you're around, mostly so you'll pay attention to him."

"It's like a kid that gets attention from their parents by misbehaving," Chanyeol added thoughtfully.

Eunsoo glanced at Tao, silently asking him what she should do. She still couldn't quite believe what they were saying; after all this time, after all their fights, Baekhyun was ultimately only doing it all so she would notice him? It was insane. Tao was just as shocked as she was, gaping at the Slytherin's like they'd just told him his mother had turned into a Blast-Ended Skrewt. Then, he closed his mouth slowly, coming back to reality.

"Wait..." he held up a hand."If Baekhyun genuinely likes Eunsoo, then the potion-

"Will last for ages," Chanyeol glared at him accusingly."Love potions immediately double in potency when there are feelings already there, remember? And the stronger the feelings the longer it lasts, and as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter