Last Man Standing Wins

Crazy About You

 

    "Stay away from Lee Sungjong." A familiar voice surprised Sungyeol as he was walking a few feet away from Sungjong's house. He turned around to see the guy he was expecting.
    "Why?" Sungyeol smirked. "He doesn't want me to."
    "Don't you find yourself creepy? You're probably the most successful stalker I have ever known." Myungsoo said, mocking Sungyeol.
    "Why do you care? Mind your own business. How did you even get here?"
    "Obviously, I followed you and..." Myungsoo said. 
    "Stalker." Sungyeol interrupted.
    "For his safety, not for information." Myungsoo smirked. "And I care because I like Lee Sungjong." He added.

 

Sungyeol stopped for a second. "Say that again." He said wanting to confirm if what he heard was true. 

 

 


    "I like Lee Sungjong." 

 

 

 

Then there was silence. 

Sungyeol laughed sarcastically, "Like? Since when? When he stopped giving you his attention? Stop it. I'd rather puke." 
    "No. Ever since I met him as often before....unlike you." Myungsoo teased. "Yeah, Lee Sungyeol. I talked to him. I experienced having a deep conversation with him, in a room, with only the two of us." 
    "Jerk."
    "When it comes to you." Myungsoo smirked. "I never liked you ever since you laid your eyes on Lee Sungjong. Talking to guys about him? Asking information about him? You disgust me. As for Sungjong? I loved it. The more I think about it, I love how he made all those effort for me." He laughed. "You have a long way to go, Lee Sungyeol. I've had a headstart long time ago." 
    "Do you think that would make me go away? You better think again." Sungyeol fought. "Why don't we let him decide on his own, not by our assumptions?"
    "Call." Myungsoo agreed.
    "Call." Sungyeol answered as well.  

 

 

Sungyeol became determined from the morning. He planned his day with Sungjong, as well as Woohyun and Hoya. He's thought he's at the perfect stage. Having Sungjong's friends as his friends too.

    "Good Morning." Sungyeol and Myungsoo said in unison as Sungjong entered, which caught the class' attention. 

Sungyeol would offer food to Sungjong which he'll reject, and Myungsoo would calmly drop it in front of him, leaving it there, peeking if he'll eat it, but Sungyeol would often throw it away and give it to Woohyun and Hoya. 

As the day goes by Sungyeol kept on offering Sungjong some help but Myungsoo keeps his cool, looking for a perfect opportunity to help Sungjong. But what's happening doesn't seem to be what he was expecting. Sungjong and Sungyeol is close, and he basically ruined Sungjong and his relationship. But that doesn't mean he'll give up. 

What seems to be a perfect opportunity for Myungsoo came when Sungyeol has to leave for 2 weeks. He signed up and volunteered a year ago for a program that's going to happen overseas. Sungyeol forgot about it and became scared because of the fact that Myungsoo could step up his game while he's gone. He made sure he'll set everything clear to Sungjong before he leave. 

    "You do know I like you, right?" Sungyeol boldly said. Sungjong was taken aback with what Sungyeol just said. He has an idea about it, but he never really get it to him unless he receives a confirmation. 
    "Sungyeol..."
    "I'm leaving tomorrow for Vietnam.  I'll be gone for two weeks." Sungyeol then grabbed something from his behind that he has been hiding since earlier. He handed Sungjong a huge flower bouquet with some of his favorite snacks and letters. 
    "I wrote letters for you each day that I'll be gone. I might not be able to contact you so please read them."

Sungjong was speechless. For the first time in his life, someone made an effort for him. He was so used to making an effort for other people and never receiving it back. Sungyeol is definitely winning the game. 

They both went back the classroom with all the sweet things Sungyeol gave Sungjong. The class were cheering thinking that they were officially a couple, to which Sungyeol himself denied. "Hopefully, someday." He then said, earning more cheer from the class. Woohyun and Hoya both crowded Sungjong and hitting him continously as they look at the things Sungyeol gave. Unfortunately, Myungsoo doesn't feel okay with it. Of course, he felt absolutely threatened. But he knew Sungyeol will leave the next day and planned to make a move. 

 


Woohyun, Hoya and Sungjong bid Sungyeol goodbye. Myungsoo witnessed Sungyeol giving Sungjong a very tight hug before he left. He calmed himself thinking that the game will start once again the moment he leave. 

As the three were going in the campus, Myungsoo with Sunggyu and Dongwoo got in their way.
    "Are you all hungry?" Myungsoo asked. 
    "We ate before Sungyeol left so nevermind." Woohyun said with an attitude and tried to drag the two away but Sunggyu blocked their way. 
    "Woo-woo, don't disrespect Myungsoo. We just wanted to hang out." Sunggyu said in a sweet voice. 
    "Who the heck is Woo-Woo?" Woohyun asked, still with an attitude. 
    "You, silly. I made a nickname for you." Sunggyu said still in a sweet voice and smile. Woohyun poked his eyes while Sunggyu screamed in pain. "You're losing your eyes again, SILLY." Woohyun then dragged the two and walked away. 

Dongwoo sighed. "They're being tough. Sungyeol got them hard." 

Myungsoo stood still, thinking about what he should do. Just then, another perfect timing came in Myungsoo's way. PE Class consisted of soccer, to which he's an expert in. Athletes were exempted so he took the time to teach Sungjong. 

Myungsoo found Sungjong kicking some soccer balls and he obviously can't make a proper kick. 
    "Having a hard time?" Myungsoo said. "Let me show you." 

Myungsoo then kicked and taught Sungjong what postures could make it easier for him and how he can kick well. Sungjong was learning well but he then told Myungsoo that he can do it. He walked away leaving Myungsoo confused. 

During math class, Sungjong can't seem to understand the lesson. He asked Woohyun and Hoya but he still can't get it. What's worse is they have a homework. Myungsoo saw Sungjong struggling and approached him after class. 

    "Hey." Myungsoo said as Sungjong fixed his locker. 
    "Uhm, yeah, hi." Sungjong greeted back, shyly. 
    "So, about that Math homework... Do you want me to do it?" Myungsoo bravely offered. 
    "What?!" 
    "I mean, do you want me to help you with your homework." 
Sungjong's face lit up as if he figured what was happening. "Oh, uhm, no." 
    "Sorry, what?" Myungsoo asked for a confirmation of what he just heard. 
    "I said no." Sungjong said smiling the walked away, leaving Myungsoo confused once again. 

For the past few days, the routine kept on repeating with Sungjong turning Myungsoo down that it has left him absolutely confused. He had been following Sungjong around and when he decided he wants to talk, he grabbed Sungjong after class with Sunggyu and Dongwoo dragging the other two. 

    "What are you doing?!" Sungjong asked. 
    "We just wanna eat with you." Myungsoo said and carefully holding Sungjong's wrist. The students saw what he was doing and they had their own conclusions. They figured that it could be a love triangle between him, Sungjong and Sungyeol. 

They arrived at a Bingsu house and sat down in three different tables. Hoya and Dongwoo looked so comfortable. They can talk casually and enjoy their food while Woohyun would look at the other way with Sunggyu teasing him. As for Myungsoo and Sungjong, it was very, very awkward. 

    "Why are we here?" Sungjong asked. 
    "I just wanted to ask you something." 
    "You could've asked that at school." 
    "But are you going to listen to my question?" Myungsoo said, staring directly to Sungjong's eyes. Sungjong can't answer back and just stared into Myungsoo's eyes, too. 

Myungsoo sighed. "See?" He cleared his throat and added, "Why are you avoiding me?" 
Sungjong was confused. "What do you mean?"
    "You never let me do something for you." 

Then there was silence.

Sungjong finally got where the conversation is heading. "Myungsoo, you told me I should learn to turn you down."
    "No. You should if I'm asking for help, not offering."
    "But I should turn you down either way." Sungjong answered back. 
    "What if I don't want you to turn me down anymore?" 
    "You know I have to." Sungjong argued. 
    "Why?!" Myungsoo asked in frustration.
    "You know why." 
    "Is it because you like Sungyeol now? That you can easily turn me down unlike before?" 
    "It's not like that, Myungsoo. You know that." 
Myungsoo sighed. "Please stop turning me down." He said softly but Sungjong has no response.

 

 

Myungsoo offered walking Sungjong home. It wasn't the same as Sungyeol. He feels uncomfortable with Myungsoo. He still makes his heart beat fast, but Sungyeol makes him feel at home. He felt like walking in a park rather than walking home. 

    "We're here." Sungjong said. 
    "Ah- it's easy to locate." Myungsoo smiled. 
    "I know what you're thinking. Please don't." 
Myungsoo was surprised. He stared at Sungjong, "W-why?" 
    "Because I don't want you to." Sungjong said softy. "I'm going in. Thank you. For the bingsu and bringing me home." He smiled. 


Myungsoo couldn't understand Sungjong's feeligs. It was all blurry to him. But Sungjong knows very well what he feels. He doesn't want to admit it, but he's just simply hurt. The same pain he felt after confessing and getting turned down in an awful way. It's the same pain that's stopping him from liking Myungsoo any longer. 


But Myungsoo was very much determined. He still does the same thing he's doing. He would sometimes steal Sungjong's work and do it himself. He sneeks in to Sungjong's table and check where he had his work left off and finish it. He would run after Sungjong and give him the notebook saying he finished Sungjong's work. 
    "You don't have to." Sungjong kept on saying. 
    "I'll help you continously with your works. You don't have to ask help or anything because I will do it myself." He smiled and run away. 

Little did Myungsoo know, he now has the people's eyes on him. They were all confused about why Myungsoo was doing such thing for Sungjong. It reminded them on how Sungjong used to be, except, that the tables have turned. 

 


    "Sungjong." Myungsoo smiled as he went to Sungjong's seat. "Remember the assignment Mr. Choi gave us? You were having a hard time right?" 
    "Yes. It was so hard. Why?" 
Myungsoo pulled a seat beside Sungjong and sat down. He gave a paper to Sungjong. "I already did yours. It has your name too. Don't worry." He smiled. 
    "M-myungsoo... I told you..."
    "And I told you, don't turn me down again." 

Sungjong had no choice but to accept it. Myungsoo already did it so might as well take it. 

But unfortunately, students have been telling their teacher, Mr. Choi, that Myungsoo does all Sungjong's Math homeworks for the past week. They both were called to the Principal's office and of course, Myungsoo took responsibility to everything. News spread like wildfire that Myungsoo has been doing Sungjong's other school works and everyone has never been so confused.

Since then, Sungjong refused talking to Myungsoo. Sungjong had enough with all the trouble Myungsoo had been putting him through. Myungsoo chases him around saying sorry but not a workld escapes from his mouth. He would always leave before Myungsoo could even talk to him. He'll go somewhere Myungsoo doesn't know. He just wanted to get away from the eyes of the people. Yeah, this time they know Myungsoo is the one who chases him around. But the bad image will always be his.

Myungsoo never gave up and even started writing letter just the way Sungjong did. He thought, maybe, it was effective to get Sungjong's attention. It worked for him so it'll definitely work to Sungjong as well. He goes to Sungjong's house and would leave food and things that he thought would cheer Sungjong up and it would say sorry. He did all the effort he could do, but nothing seems to be working. 

He planned to apologize publicly with his friends' help and do it in front of the school to prove his sincerity. He prepared a big tarpaulin like what Sungjong prepared for him and held out a bouquet of flowers.  Myungsoo asked for a lookout and positioned theirselves near the front door so when Sungjong enters, it's the first thing he'll see.

The moment their lookout ran inside, they get ready. The flowers, banner, all of their friends and classmates. It was supposed to be a touching apology. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But the moment Sungjong went inside, Myungsoo felt weak as he saw Sungyeol walking with him hand in hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

 

Hey guys! 💕 I'm so sorry for posting after a long time. I just have a lot of things going on with school and all :( I promise to update as much as I can. Thank you for the support!