Confessions

Crazy About You

Students from Class 1 tried to get friendly with the new 5 students. Girls were flocking Woohyun and Hoya while boys were talking to Sungjong. Woohyun would roll his eyes most of the time telling them they can only be friends while Hoya stays quiet and let the girls ask him question. Myungsoo constantly tags Dongwoo and Sunggyu with him. He hates the thought of other students getting close with them. What's weird is he felt the same with Sungjong.

 

    "Okay, okay. Settle down. We need to eat." Sungyeol announced. "I know you all are excited to know my kids but you have all year to do that. We're gonna eat lunch." 
    "Woah. Sungyeol, you seemed to be a lot cooler than you were before." One of their classmate teased. Sungyeol tried to hit him playfully, then went to Sungjong and grabbed him from the crowd. Woohyun and Hoya followed while Woohyun hits the girls' hands off of him.

 

Some of their classmate seated near them to ask some questions and Sungyeol would brush them off telling them they need to eat.

 

    "You all are popular among the Class 1." Sungyeol smiled.
    "Yeah, but please tell some nerdy girls to get off of me. PLEASE." Woohyun said which earned a playful hit from the three. "What?!"
    "But seriously, why do they like us? Why does it seem like we're some sort of cool transferees?" Hoya asked. 
    "Because Class 1 never associated theirselves to lower sections. They don't care about the issues. They know how dramatic high school is and if you keep on tolerating it, it'll get worse." Sungyeol answered. "Also, considering that you guys came from Class 5, it was a huge surprise for students that you climb up to Class 1. Basically, you get praises for all your hardwork." He added. The three nodded.

 

    "I feel like it's a new start for me. Not having students to judge you, rather they're trying to get to know you." Sungjong said, relieved. 
    "And that my friends, is the difference between Class 1 and other lower classes." Sungyeol said which earned a scoff from the three. 
    "Let me remind you that we were there for the last 3 years." Woohyun said and they just laughed it off.

 

When everything seems to be working out for the four of them, it wasn't the same for Myungsoo. He doesn't know what to feel seeing Sungjong happier without even noticing him or acknowledging his presence. Maybe he was just used to talking to Sungjong almost everyday considering he asks for help almost everyday, as well.

 

Myungsoo usually feels alone. Being famous around the school doesn't give him an advantage. It makes people aroud wary and conscious about his presence. Sungjong was one of the few people who seems cool about him around and talking to him. It feels like he was so down to earth, and he wasn't praising Myungsoo like someone superior unlike other students. That's why he was shocked about the fact that the least person he expect to do those things, turned out to be the one doing the most among others.

 

All Myungsoo had was his teammates. Sunggyu and Dongwoo entering the class made it easier for him. At least by then, he felt accompanied compared to how he usually feels.

 

He never really jammed with the students in his class considering that he wasn't in class most of the time. He has talked to some of them, but not all the time. Not like a close friend. Not like a real friend.

 

    "You want us to what?!" Sunggyu and Dongwoo exclaimed in unison. 
    "I want you to get close with Woohyun and Hoya." Myungsoo repeated himself.
    "But why?" Sunggyu asked. "Because I want to know what they think about us." Myungsoo answered. 
    "Theirs or Sungjong's?" Dongwoo teased. 
    "Stop it." Myungsoo said, annoyed. "Just do what I said." He added. 
    "Say the magic word." Sunggyu jokingly said followed by an annoying laugh from both of them.
    "Uhm, jerks?"
    "Oh! Nice try. But, not close enough." Dongwoo said laughing. 
    "P-L-S."
    "Well, it seems like you know the spelling, so we'll take it." Sunggyu said.

 

Sunggyu and Dongwoo started playing around Woohyun and Hoya. They would constantly tease them and even try to make skinship with them. As always, Woohyun would roll his eyes and push them away while Hoya is soft and doesn't have the initiative to do so.

 

    "What do you want?" Woohyun asked, obviously annoyed. 
    "Nothing. Just to be friends." Sunggyu smiled.
    "Don't smile. You just lost your eyes." Woohyun teased. 
    "Wh-wha... Excuse me?!"
Woohyun then smirked and raise his eyebrows. 
     "C'mon, we know you want to be friends too, right?" Dongwoo said putting his arms around Hoya while Hoya tried to free himself. "Will you please let me go?" 
     "Why?" Dongwoo said smiling. 
    "erts!" Woohyun shouted while forcing Dongwoo's arm off Hoya.

And just in time, Sungyeol went inside the classroom and hurriedly took Dongwoo's arm off and pushed them away. 
    "What are you trying to do?!" Sungyeol shouted. 
    "Nothing. Nothing. Chill dude." Dongwoo said raising his arms like he's surrendering.

Myungsoo saw what was happening and joined in to protect his friends. He pushed Sungyeol away from them.

    "Why are you causing a scene?!" Myungsoo shouted. 
    "Why don't you ask your friends?! They keep on disrespecting my friends!" Sungyeol shouted back. 
    "Friends? Less than a year ago they were nothing but trash to you!" Myungsoo attacked. Sungyeol froze by his statement. "Can't answer back, huh, Lee Sungyeol? Why don't you tell your 'friends' how you despise them? I remember you called them... Worthless?" Myungsoo said with a smirk.

 

Woohyun and Hoya looked at Sungyeol, waiting for his response. Sungyeol felt his throat dried up. "That was a mistake I did before knowing them. H-How about you? You despise Sungjong right? I thought you were friends. But the moment you knew how he adores you, you were disgusted."
"Who wouldn't feel that way towards a stalker?"

 

Sungjong, unfortunately, heard the whole thing. Myungsoo and Sungyeol were surprised with his presence. He then joined in the scene just to say something, not for himself, but for his friends.

 

    "If you can't respect me, atleast tell your stupid friends to get the hell away from my friends." He said firmly, dropped his bag on his seat and walked away. Myungsoo wanted to run after Sungjong but he stopped knowing Sungyeol was there.

 

    "You keep on hurting Sungjong. Aren't you tired yet? Are you even human? Have atleast a little empathy towards him." Sungyeol said. Myungsoo turned around and glared at Sungyeol. 
    "Wow. Look at you. I was actually wondering...how did you became friends with them so fast? Last time I remember, you hate them..." Myungsoo pointed at Woohyun and Hoya, "And you were just a stalker for Sungjong. Liking him from afar? Maybe that's why you don't like me because he likes me more than you!"

 

Sungyeol attacked Myungsoo and grabbed him by the collar. Myungsoo laughed out loud, knowing how pissed Sungyeol is, and how it was an advantage for him. "Stop making a fool out of yourself, Sungyeol." Myungsoo mocked. Sungyeol let go of him and tried to explain the situation to Woohyun and Hoya but they refused. 
    "I'm sorry Sungyeol. I think it's better to discuss this with Sungjong." Hoya said, walking away from him.

 

Sungyeol was so frustrated. He went up the rooftop and calmed himself down. He didn't show himself the whole time. By the time he went out, Sungjong came in the class just in time before the class starts with swollen eyes. He tried not to look at anyone but he noticed Sungyeol's empty seat.

 

    "Where's Sungyeol?" He asked Woohyun and Hoya. 
    "Oh, the guy who hates us? Uhm yeah, I don't know and I don't care." Woohyun answered which made Sungjong confused. "What do you mean?" 
    "It's much better to hear it from Sungyeol himself." Hoya answered. Sungjong was obviously worried which made him look worse. Myungsoo was staring at him the whole time. He was confused. Why is he looking for Sungyeol? Why isn't he attacking Myungsoo instead? Why does he care so much about that guy he hardly knows? He hates to admit it, but he doesn't want Sungjong anywhere near Sungyeol.

 

Sungjong hurriedly went out after class to look for Sungyeol. Myungsoo can't help himself but to chase after him. He followed closely looking at where he goes, then he went up the rooftop, looking at the small garage up there. It was getting dark. He's been looking everywhere for Sungyeol but the guy seemed to hid himself well.

 

By the time Sungjong went up the rooftop again and look inside the garage, it was pitch black and he had to use his phone as a light.

    "What are you doing?!" Myungsoo asked. Sungjong jumped with the sound of Myungsoo's voice. "You know this is dangerous." 
    "Then why are you here?" Sungjong said, trying to act tough. Myungsoo still makes his heart beat and he hates the fact that he can't simply push him away. Obviously, now that they see each other everyday, it's getting worse for him.
    "I don't know." He said, trying to act like he doesn't care. 
    "Then go home." 
    "I don't want to."
    "Why not?!" Sungjong anticipated his answer. Myungsoo didn't react. Deep inside, he was thinking about another reason but he chose to stay quiet. Sungjong was still waiting for his answer but they got distracted when they heard the door shut close. Myungsoo ran towards the door accidentally hitting himself with chairs around the garage.

    "The door was locked from the outside." Myungsoo yelled. "Help! Anybody there?! You locked two students!"

But with no luck, no one answered.

Myungsoo looked behind him and saw Sungjong going through the garage. "What are you doing?!" He yelled. 
    "Isn't it obvious? Looking for my friend!"
    "If that idiot..." Sungjong then glared at Myungsoo after he said idiot. "...I-I mean if Sungyeol is here don't you think he would have come out by now?!" He continued scolding Sungjong. "He could hear you if he's here and he won't hide that long. He won't be able to resist you." Myungsoo said then rolled his eyes. 
    "Wow. What do you mean by that?"
    "Didn't you notice anything odd from him? Protecting you and befriending in times where you could've been helpless?" 
    "That's called being helpful. Something you should learn from him." Sungjong said.
    "Then how come he knows everything about you so fast?" Myungsoo asked which made Sungjong think but he thought about the possible simplest answer.
    "He...he could've known me since sophomore. Isn't that possible?"
    "That's too much info for him. Still weird."
    "No it's not. That's possible!" Sungjong argued.
    "Then how, Sungjong?"
    "I don't know! He just... Know."
    "No, Sungjong. He can't 'just know' you." 
    "He can."
    "He can't!" Myungsoo argued. 
    "Then how?!" Sungjong screamed in frustration Myungsoo was causing him.
    "Damn it Sungjong, he was your stalker!" Myungsoo accidentally confessed what Sungjong wasn't able to hear earlier. Myungsoo scratched his hair in frustration. "That's why I wanted you to stay away from him. If you can." 
    "I don't believe you."
    "Sungjong!"
    "I won't believe it unless Sungyeol admits it himself."
 

Then there was silence.

 

Myungsoo sat down losing hope. They will be stuck there until morning and they're in an awkward situation.

    "I just don't believe it. Me? Having a stalker? That's impossible."
    "Why not?" Myungsoo stared at Sungjong. It was satisfying for Sungjong but he can't take it any longer and looked away. "You're amazing. You're smart, funny and kind." 
    "Is that so? Then why are you disgusted with me?" Sungjong asked with a firm tone.
    "I'm not. I'm simply in disbelief. You? Why would you do those? And...and for me? What did I do to deserve all these love from everyone?" 
    "My answer's the same." Then they looked straight in each other's eyes. Myungsoo broke their eye contact this time.
    "That's why you shouldn't think that I'm disgusted. I loved it but it was too much. You risked too much for someone unworthy like me." Myungsoo said.
    "Why does it seem like you care about me?"
    "Cause I do." 
    "Then why did you acted the way you did after that day?" Sungjong asked. "Why did you make me look like a disgusting person and made me do all the stuff you know I wouldn't turn down?" He added. 
    "Because I wanted you to reject me!" Myungsoo argued, raising his voice slightly. "Don't you get it Sungjong?! I'm making you do the same thing so you can finally have a chance to turn me down. You've been accepting everything related and about me so easiy that you forgot to accept yourself." He added.

 

Sungjong looked at Myungsoo, who has been staring at him for the past few minutes.

    "But I didn't had the courage to do so." Sungjong said with a sad tone. "I need your help. I can't reject you." 
    "But you have to do it." 
    "Do I really have to?" 
    "Yes!"
    "Do you want me to?" Sungjong said which made Myungsoo froze.

 

No. He doesn't want Sungjong rejecting him. But he have to so he can help Sungjong, too.

 

Before Myungsoo could even answer, they heard a loud kick from the outside.

    "Sungjong! We're here!" Woohyun screamed.

 

Myungsoo and Sungjong had no idea how they found out but they're just thankful. After several tries and suggestion, they were able to open the door and an exhausted Sungyeol welcomed Sungjong and Myungsoo.

 

Sungyeol grabbed Sungjong and hugged him in front of everyone. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Sungyeol repeated himself over and over again. He loosen his grip and checked Sungjong all around if he has any wound or if he was ever hurt.

 

    "H-how did you know we're here?" Sungjong asked. 
Woohyun cleared his throat. "Your GPS was open."

 

Sungjong looked at Myungsoo. 
    "I guess you were enjoying yourselves that you seem to forgot to ask for help." Hoya said giggling which earned a spank from Woohyun. "You should root for Sungyeol!" Woohyun mouthed. Hoya then stuck his tongue out.

Sungyeol glared at Myungsoo. "What did you do to him?!" Myungsoo then laughed sarcastically. "Me? You're the one who ran like a coward. He was looking for you, stupid."

Sungyeol tried to attack him but Sungjong stopped him before he could do so. "What he said was right. I was really looking for you." 
    "He also knows who you were before you met him." Myungsoo said, smirking. Sungyeol glared at him and attempted another attack but Sungjong stopped him again. Sungyeol looked at him and Sungjong's eyes were sad. He loosen up before he started talking.

    "I'm sorry, Sungjong. I'm really sorry." 
    "Don't worry. I...I know how it feels like and I won't judge you for that." Sungjong smiled and hugged him. 
    "I've explained myself. You know my side." Myungsoo interrupted. Sungjong looked at him and nodded but what caught his attention was his bleeding arm. 
    "Oh my god, Myungsoo, your arms." Sungjong rushed to him and ripped some of his uniform to put a pressure on it. 
    "Sungjong!" Woohyun and Hoya said in unison. They rushed to him and spank him because of his uniform. They covered him but he insisted on assisting Myungsoo. 
    "We have to hurry! How did you get up here?!" Sungjong asked.
    "Through the fire exit." Hoya answered. They hurriedy brought Myungsoo down. While everyone was in a hurry in assisting Myungsoo, he was calm, staring at Sungjong while Sungyeol was jealous, glaring at Myungsoo.

 

They got to the guardhouse and explained the situation. They were assisted and the guard gave them a first-aid kit. Sungjong carefully tried to heal Myungsoo's wounds.

 

    "How did you get those wounds?" Hoya asked. 
    "When I heard the door shut behind us, I ran towards it not minding the chairs. I felt it bled but I didn't want Sungjong to panick because..." He stopped himself before he could say anything more. Everyone was silent concluding what happened inside. 
    "How did you end up with Sungjong inside?!" Sungyeol asked, irritated. 
    "I followed him." 
Sungyeol scoffed at his answer. 
    "The important thing is that we're safe. End of convo." Sungjong said. 
    "And, because Sungyeol proved himself well, he's okay with us too!" Woohyun exclaimed. Hoya and Woohyun giggled.

 

The moment Sungjong finished curing the wound, Myungsoo stood up. "Thank you. And...remember what I said." He smiled. "Good Night." He shouted as he head his way out.

 

Sungjong felt his cheeks burning. Myungsoo was chic in front of everyone but different when it comes to him. Maybe because Sungyeol was there but for other people, Myungsoo is very kind. He's transparent with what he likes and don't.

 

    "Let's get you home." Sungyeol said frowning, grabbing Sungjong's things. They all went out and head on their way while Sungyeol walked Sungjong home.

    "I'm very happy that you didn't see me in a bad light after what Myungsoo told you." 
    "To be very honest, I'm bothered. But I told myself, that's probably what Myungsoo felt back then and I was in your place. I should understand." Sungjong smiled. "And you don't wish any harm to me, so what's there to worry? You're smart, dependable..." Sungjong went near him, "...handsome." Both of them laughed. "I trust you. Past is past and that's what we should think about." Sungjong smiled.

 

    "Here we are." 
    "Trips to your house always feel like the fastest trip I always have." 
    "I know." Sungjong smiled. He turned around and faced Sungyeol. "Thank you." 
    "For what?" Sungyeol asked.
    "For everything." Sungjong said and hugged Sungyeol. It felt like heaven to Sungyeol. Sungjong initiated the hug and there's nothing he could ask for that night. 
    "Good Night." Sungjong said loosening his grip and went inside their house.

 

 

"Good Night!" Sungyeol shouted and whispered to the wind, "I love you."