Getting Him Back

Crazy About You

Myungsoo was discouraged with the thought of Sungjong leaving school. Will he want to see me? Will he turn me down and hate on me when he sees me waiting for him? There's only one way to find out. He needs to see Sungjong and let him know that he isn't giving up, and never will give up. He made sure to make Sungjong feel that he is still there for him by going to his house on Sunday night. Sungjong's mom, confused opened the door and let him in.

    "I'm pretty sure it wasn't you who he jogged with last time?" Mrs. Lee said, studying the student as he walk in.

    "J-jogged with?" Myungsoo thought hard. No way... "...Sungyeol?!"

Mrs. Lee nodded. "Sungyeol. Why are you here instead of him? Aren't he the boyfriend?"

Myungsoo shook his head, violently. "No!" he shocked himself, too as he yelled his response. "Uhm, I mean. No. They're not together." 

    "O-Okay... sit down for a while, I'll call Sungjong down." 

What the hell was that, Myungsoo.

 

Sungjong walked down with his things, only dropping it to the floor when he saw Myungsoo. "What are you doing here?!" 

    "I came to help you with moving."

    "No. I don't need your help." Sungjong said weakly as he stormed upstairs. Myungsoo shouted to stop him. "Sungjong, I'm sorry!" Then there was complete silence. No one was moving, no one was talking and only the heavy breathing could be heard all through-out the room. 

 

What the heck? Why am I not walking upstairs? Why do I want to turn around and tell him, 'It's okay. Everything's really okay now.'? 

 

    "I'm a bastard! I'm a good for nothing guy. Ever since I denied our friendship when you confessed, that's when things started to fall apart and that was the beginning of my stupidity. It's something that I will regret forever." Myungsoo went upstairs to face Sungjong. He held him and stared right into his eyes. "Sungjong... you don't have to forgive me. It's okay. But please, let me love you."

Sungjong's eyes sparkled and his heart beat so fast, it could overheat anytime. Those words weren't in his imagination. This moment wasn't part of his fantasies. These were all sudden and that's when he realize, this is reality. This is something no one even expected to happen nor daydreamed about. No one thought about the person they love to be in front of them, asking for their love. Because you already love them even before they ask for it. You already forgive them evem before they apologize. You've already given them what they were asking for, even if they're not asking for it.

    "Let me take care of you, protect you, cherish you and be with you. Let me do the things that I should've done for you. Please... atleast let me look out for you."

Sungjong wished for this moment to last forever. He wants Myungsoo's eyes locked into his and hear all these sweet words directly from Myungsoo's mouth. 

 

Myungsoo stared into his eyes for as long as he can remember, not wanting to budge unless he hears something from Sungjong. He meant every single word he said. It was his desperate wish. His mind was settled. This guy in front of me is the person that I will love for the rest of my life. He was determined to atleast love Sungjong, even if it is just one-sided. He didn't know when his feeling started getting stronger, nor he cared when. Because for him, that's how love works. You don't need to know every single detail or even remember how it happened. If you think that loving that person would make you happy, then so be it. Even it means getting hurt, getting rejected, or being hated by that person. You just want to look out for them and let them feel loved without asking for them something in return. Even if they don't look at you the same way you look at them. Even if you have to love alone, while they love someone else.

 

There was a long time of silence before Sungjong finally answered. 

    "You... you have a lot to say in your mind, don't you?" 

Myungsoo surprised by his answer, simply nodded. "A whole lot more." he added. Sungjong could see his past self by staring into Myungsoo's eyes. It was filled with love and determination. He was starting to get overwhelmed by the emotion. 

    "Myungsoo..." he said as he raised his hand to touch Myungsoo's face. Myungsoo was dumbfounded by Sungjong's unexpected response, but he loved it. He loved Sungjong's warm hand in his face. Sungjong loved the feeling of touching Myungsoo's face, as far as he can remember, for the first time. The first time he touched his face feeling more in love and that he feels like he owns this face, this whole person. 

 

    "I'm letting you in my life again."

 

Myungsoo felt a huge amount of relief that he locked Sungjong into his arms, tears swelling up and heart beats faster and more in love. There was no need for either of them to talk. Just by the feeling of having each other in their arms says a thousand words. But as the both of them feel that they're in their happiest moment, Sungjong's mom was watching them confused, knowing that this guy was the cause of Sungjong's heartaches. She looked at them, not knowing if she should be happy or sad for Sungjong that he can experience the same thing all over again. 

She also looked at the other guy standing in their front door, holding some flowers, staring at the two while feeling that he was in the worst moment of his life.

 

 

 

 

Sungjong woke up to his mom knocking on his door. 

    "Myungsoo's here." 

Sungjong jumped up upon hearing his name and hurriedly dressed up, washed his face and brushed his teeth. He has never prepared this fast even when he was late for school. He collected the things he needed for the academy and went down to meet the guy he's been wanting to see again.

 

    "Hey! Good Morning." Myungsoo greeted as he raised the coffee in his hands up. Sungjong smiled brightly, "Good Morning." 

    "I wanted to make sure you'll have a great day at the Academy. I won't be there to make your day better, but atleast I'm here now." 

Sungjong's heart flutter again. "Thank you. You don't have to." he smiled. As they were preparing the table, someone knocked in the front door. 

    "Good morning!" Sungyeol yelled as he enter with some Croissants and cake. "Just something sweet to start your day right." he said as he walked in the kitchen, placing it in front of Sungjong, covering the coffee.

Sungjong and Myungsoo was surprised. Sungjong in a good way, and of course, Myungsoo in a very bad way. 

    "Ahh. I see you bought three coffees, thank you! You shouldn't have." Sungyeol teased.

    "Yeah right, it's for Mrs. Lee!" Myungsoo exclaimed. They both looked at Mrs. Lee waiting for her response. "W-what? Uhm, no, it's fine. You three can have it."

    "Thanks Mrs. Lee!" Sungyeol said cheerfully. "Or should I say, Mom?" he laughed to which Mrs. Lee responded to with a giggle.

    "Mom? Tch." Myungsoo scoffed. 

    "Why? Do you have a problem?" Sungyeol teased again.

    "Yeah, don't you think you're getting way ahead of yourself?" 

    "No, we have the same surname. Why couldn't I?" Sungyeol bragged as he grabbed the coffee  and went to the other side of the table, leaving Myungsoo speechless.

    "Okay, enough. Don't even answer." Sungjong said looking at Myungsoo. 

    "Wh-what? Why me?!" Myungsoo complained like a kid.

    "Shhh!" Sungjong shushed. "Anyway, good morning to the both of you. Sungyeol, what are you doing here?" Sungjong asked, smiling. Myungsoo has never seen him smile that way when they're together. It was genuinely happy. It suddenly hit him, he has never let Sungjong feel genuinely happy. That was then his mission for himself.

    "I came to originally help you by MYSELF, right?" 

Sungjong cleared his throat, "Uhm, yeah. Sorry, change of plans. But it's alright. You two can come with me together."

    "NO." Sungyeol and Myungsoo answered in unison. It was so strong that both Sunjong and his mom was speechless. 

    "I originally was going to help you myself." Sungyeol bragged.

    "Well, you originally wanted me to do it, right Sungjongie~?" Myungsoo said with an aegyo.

Sungyeol then acted like he wanted to vomit. Myungsoo acted like he was going to hit Sungyeol when, "OKAY STOP." Sungjong interrupted them. "I'll go alone then."

    "NO." Sungyeol and Myungsoo said in unison again. 

 

 

In the end, they both walked Sungjong to the academy and bid him sweet goodbyes as they walk to their school. 

 

 

The moment they enter the school, they would hear some whispers and gossips about them and Sungjong. They were pissed but they can't do anything. They were hoenstly at fault for making their moves public, giving the students some access on what's happening. Myungsoo felt like he was getting full of it. He wanted to punch someone again but Sungyeol tried to keep him cool.

    "Easy. Let just let them enjoy the gossip since they obviously don't have anything interesting happening in their own lives. " Sungyeol said loudly to annoy the students. 

    "We can't just let them get away with their stupid gossips." Myungsoo said, still a hint of anger in his voice.

    "You know, we can punch every single student here and the gossip would still go on. You'll just tire yourself. The only thing we need to focus on is to make Sungjong happy." 

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol. He knows this guy is probably the nicest person he met. This guy is a gentleman and he truly deserves to be loved. 

    "Thanks, Sungyeol." 

    "For what?" Sungyeol asked, confused, looking at Myungsoo.

    "For telling me about Sungjong's transfer. And... for always keeping me calm at times like this." 

    "Tch. You don't have to thank me for that. I just wanted some challenge." Sungyeol answered to which they both laugh at. 

    "You're a good man." Myungsoo said, smiling.

Sungyeol nodded, appreciating Myungsoo's words, as they went inside the classroom.