Finding Out New Things

Crazy About You

Sungjong wanted to know Myungsoo better. He started from searching online more about his family, friends, what he likes and what he hates. Things they weren't able to fully talk about before. All of it, he knew then in one sitting. 

Desperate to get his attention, he started giving him letters. No name, of course. He wrote down suggestions and solutions related to how Myungsoo is feeling or what he's that day. At first, Myungsoo found it creepy. But he started to feel like it was helping so he treated Sungjong's letters as something who's looking out for him. 

He gave Myungsoo chocolates, even gifts for his friend or family's birthday. Myungsoo didn't find it sweet at all so Sungjong decided to stop. He thinks his letters are enough. 

Day by day, Sungjong knows Myungsoo more. He knew that he likes the color black and he loves to take pictures. Myungsoo, despite being popular, is somehow quiet. He does talk to some of the students but he isn't that cool -y type of cool. He was cool and popular by being his smart and handsome self. 

It continued on for weeks...months. Until Valentine's day. Myungsoo was flocked with girls giving him expensive gifts. They were beating each other's gifts. Some even gave him new cameras and clothes. He was very, crazy popular! Everyone knew it that day. 

But nothing beats Sungjong's gift. Having connections from the Student Council, he got to use the gymnasium. He spread out "Happy Valentine's Day, Myungsoo!" All over the floor. He drew the wings he always draw in each letter he gives and finally named himself, "Your Guardian Angel." 

Myungsoo was shocked and touched. The person's effort matters the most. Yeah, it probably cost that person money, but that person made so much effort to the point that it beat the most expensive gift he received that day. 

It made Myungsoo smile. For the first time that day, he smiled. Sungjong took a picture of that moment. He smiled... Because of my gift. It made both Sungjong and Myungsoo's day.

After that day, Sungjong was determined to see that smile again. He put letters every break so Myungsoo gets 2 letters a day. It was adorable and Myungsoo kept on smiling to himself. 

Girls are hunting on who this "Guardian Angel" is and why he knows so much about Myungsoo. Luckily, they have no clue that it was Sungjong nor suspected that it was him. They suspected the rich girls who are much more capable to do it specially the surprise in the gym. 

Sungjong would sometimes find himself questioning his actions. Why would he give too much of his time and effort to a person who hardly knows him by now? Isn't he too crazy to do all these? But he kept on being reminded why he started doing these in the first place. He wanted Myungsoo's attention. 

It was crazy. He was crazy and no matter how much he wanted to tell himself to stop, he really can't. 

Sungjong tried getting back into the Student Council. But this time, he will keep a low profile. One snap and his "guardian angel" scheme could come to an end...as well as his life. 

Instead of Secretary, he got into the Auditor position. Not that he cares about the position, but he wanted something he could really boast. Like President or atleast Vice President. But he wont be able to do that unless he kick out the President who's from the first section. Yeah. In his dreams

He regained what he lost before. He started studying harder. Day by day, he could see an improvement in his status. He wanted to be atleast half as better as Myungsoo. He wanted to impress him so that in the future, he doesn't have to hide...or stalk. 

He would sometimes meet eyes with Myungsoo. It to think that he could only look at Sungjong because of his, once again, flashing bronze tag with a huge "Auditor". But who's complaining? Not Sungjong. 

 

 

One afternoon, the President asked Sungjong and the rest of the student council for a meeting. The position for Vice President is open. She wanted to focus on her studies, specially that she's about to graduate from High school. 

    "Of course, it's not easy. Everyone will serve the school for a month and after that, we will announce to the whole school about an election that will happen in order for us to point out fairly who deserves the spot." Said the President. 

Sungjong's nose and ears were flaming. He was eager to win that spot. He can and will do ywhatever it takes just to claim the silver tag. It will be good for his records. And for Myungsoo. 

For a month, Sungjong was busy serving the school. He helped a lot of people, give advices and post encouraging words around the school. He usually puts them in Myungsoo's locker and make it look like it was just a coincidence. But it's not. Most of the advices or encouraging words he post are directly for Myungsoo. He hardly have enough time to make letters and he can't get caught specially that he's now known around the campus once again. He would, of course, still drop a few letters but not as often as before. So he used this opportunity to still reach out to Myungsoo.

One of the programs he made is a special help for athlete's school works like projects and crafts...anything not requiring him to think. He got a lot of students' support and attention because of his program, plus, he gets exempted for other school projects because of the on-going projects slash secret campaign. 

 

He was busy, as always, one afternoon when someone entered the room for Student Council and asked for help.

    "Hey, I heard you're helping other students?" the student smiled.

    "Yes!" Sungjong stood up from his desk while doing other projects. "...I do a lot of...." he was taken aback from what he saw. 

Myungsoo.

He's here...for me.

To make his project, of course. But he's here. For me.

    "A-are you busy? Are you fully loaded?" Myungsoo asked politely.

    "N-n-no... No... No..." Sungjong cleared his throat and his saliva dripping. "Uhm. What project is it? Let me see." 

Myungsoo stared at him. Sungjong can't help but feel like he's burning. 

     "It's been a long time since we last talk, right?"

Sungjong looked up. Of course, you jerk. You stopped talking to me, right?

    "Y-yeah... It's okay. I mean, we're both busy." Sungjong nodded. 

Then there was silence.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. "Uhm... I'll get going now." he smiled and head out.

 

It's my chance. I'll get to see him and talk to him often because of my program. It worked, right? That's why it's for athletes only. Sungjong laughed by himself and pushed other projects. "I'll finish you first." He smiled while staring at Myungsoo's materials determined to continue what he started doing.