Clearing Things Out

Crazy About You

Sungjong, Hoya and Woohyun welcomed Sungyeol with a huge hug.

    "Welcome back to Korea!" They all screamed in unison. Sungyeol can't hide his smile knowing there were people waiting for his return and they even gave him a warm welcome. 

    "Did you all miss me?" Sungyeol playfully asked.

    "Of course! It was different without you!" Hoya said. "And someone was taking advantage of the fact that you were gone." Woohyung, then added.

    "Stop it. He didn't mean any harm." Sungjong defended Myungsoo.

    "Yeah, and the fact that you almost put your guard down and wanted to tell him that you still..." Hoya managed to cover Woohyun's mouth before he spill everything. Sungjong then tried to break free from the awkward moment. "Let's go inside! We have classes remember?" 

 

Sungyeol met eyes with one student near the entrance. That student then ran inside and Sungyeol heard a commotion. He tried to think about something different but he had a feeling that it wasn't just him who caused a commotion inside. He sped up his pace and the three followed, without hesitation. Before they enter, Sungyeol grabbed Sungjong's hand and barged inside.

That was then, when they were welcomed by banners and of course, Myungsoo.

Sungjong broke free from Sungyeon and stood there, staring at Myungsoo. On the other hand, Myungsoo can't stop staring at their hand even though it was already apart.

    "Myungsoo..." Sungjong slowly approach him, seeing all the efforts he made. "Uhm....I..."

    "He has nothing to explain." Sungyeol interfered. "You know very well that I like him too, right?"

    "Too?!" Sungjong, Woohyun and Hoya exclaimed in unison."

    "Yeah. Too. Because apparently, this bastard fell for Sungjong and he can't even man up to say it to everyone"

Myungsoo's gaze became different. Eye to eye, Sungyeol and Myungsoo glared at each other.

    "I guess the efforts I made today, which you spoiled, are enough to say I like Sungjong." Myungsoo then said.

Everyone gasped, not expecting his confession. Sungjong didn't know what to do. He felt like his heart was about to burst. He needed answers but he can't even muster enough courage to ask. Myungsoo then broke eye contact with Sungyeol and went near Sungjong.

    "Please....." he said softly. "I-I don't want you to think that I'm playing games. I'm serious. I like you, Lee Sungjong, and I want to make up for every stupid thing that I did and didn't do." 

Sungjong was speechless. His whole body went numb. He hates the feeling of being in center of attention, something he experienced not too long ago. This time, it was turned around. He was the one adored and having efforts done to. It was sweet, lovely and beautiful. He hates it. He hated every single bit of it. He felt like an instrument being used by two stupid lovebirds to prove themselves worthy. It wasn't something he wanted to happen. He just wanted to show his love, receive love, nothing more, nothing less. His anxiety got the best of him and did something no one expected.

Sungjong walked away and took down all the banners, crush every single bit of the sweet, cheesy stuffs and threw all of it to Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

    "Do you think it's funny to replicate the same thing I did that caused me embarassment? Do you think public confessions and love triangle fights make me erase the bad memories of being in public? Do you honestly think that all these people would just watch and leave after this stupid event? NO. We're going to be the talk of this stupid school again. I'm going to be the subject of every lame, awful and disgusting jokes again. All these mean people..." he said pointing to everyone, "...will never forget every single bit of this and would bring this up for the sake of their amusement."

The whole lobby was quiet.

    "If you really are genuine about what you both feel about me, you should've known better than to expose every single thing that's happening within us. I do appreciate you. But for now....I don't want any of the both of you near me." Sungjong glared. 

He, himself did not expected him to react this way. He just blew up. He can't admit the fact that he's battling between liking or hating Myungsoo, and liking or "friendzone"-ing Sungyeol. He had enough. School was supposed to be something he'll cry about, not being thorn between someone he likes and someone who likes him. He was supposed to cry about the school being far from home and how it hurts his sitting in the bus for a very long time. He was supposed to cry about being in a low section and now, being on  the top section because it pressures him to do better. He was supposed to cry for being kicked out in the Student Council. He wasn't supposed to cry about love. It was just a stupid crush. Why did it turned out this way? Why did he went all the way from liking to stalking and loving this man who's been causing him pain and the reason why he met a guy who would make efforts for him? Should he be happy? Should he feel giddly inside?

One thing he knows for sure is he wanted to run away and start a new life where no one knows him. Should he fly to US? Pretend to be a Korean-American? He at english. How about London? He still at English? Singapore? Philippines? Japan? China? He at different languages too, and he only knows Korean. Only thing he could do is to stay where he is and complain about how he hates his life right now.

 

 

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol obviously tried to break the tension by figuring out what to do to make Sungjong better. They can't just leave him alone like how he wanted. To make the situation lighter, they need to settle where they are first.

    "Let me ask you something." Sungyeol said.

    "What?"

    "Did you honestly liked Sungjong even before you knew he was your stalker?" 

    "Yeah, he was a great friend."

    "Friend, ey?" Sungyeol scoffed. "Then why go all the way like this?"

    "Because I feel threatened." Myungsoo answered with no hesitations. 

    "Of me?" Sungyeol then asked proudly.

    "Yeah you, bastard. I never felt like I like him or anything but when you started showing interest, I felt selfish. I don't want you near him, I don't want you to like him, I don't want anything related to you getting near him."

    "Then why did you left him alone when he needed you? You were the reason why he met me. You were the reason why he's hurt and ashamed everytime he's in the public." Sungyeol argued.

    "Because I was scared." Myungsoo said, emotionless.

    "Scared of what?"

    "Scared about everything he's doing. Scared that someone went all the way for me. I always receive attention but getting letters, someone doing their homeworks for me and all? It wasn't my thing. I didn't know how to react. Yeah, I like him. But....he was doing things he shouldn't. For me? I don't deserve those. I'm an ungrateful bastard. I didn't know how to protect him against everyone because I can't even protect myself."

Sungyeol felt like his head was burning from anger. "And yet, here you are, trying to look like you can protect him. Yet, here you are, causing him more pain? You don't deserve him. You know what? You're messed up! You can't even get things right!" Sungyeol then stood in front of Myungsoo and glared right into his eyes. "Do you really like him?! Cause right now? You're a one big blur."

Myungsoo stared back at him, smirked and stood straight. "Yes. I like him. At first I thought I was just getting carried away. At first I thought, why was he like that? Why do I feel betrayed? Was he seriously trying to be my friend or was just simply stalking me? It was all a big blur, too. But you know what? Now that I like him as much as he did before? I know why. I can do all of those for him, too. I understand what he must've felt when someone......" Myungsoo slowly felt sad.

Sungyeol saw his expression changed from determined to sad. "When someone, what?" 

    "....when someone you like and care so much about doesn't see your efforts." All of Sungjong's efforts flashbacked right before his eyes. "...When that someone doesn't seem to care about you....when that someone doens't acknowledge the things you do.." Myungsoo felt weak and guilty. He dropped to the ground, feeling what he made Sungjong felt. "I'm a bastard." He said to himself. "How could I make him feel that way..." 

Sungyeol looked at him and sighed. He sat down with him. Then there was a long time of silence.

    "You know..." Sungyeol then finally spoke. "...he still likes you." 

Myungsoo felt his heart jump. "W-what?"

    "He still likes you, ."

    "H-how would you know t-that..." 

    "Because everytime I'm with him, I don't feel him near me. Everytime I'm with him, I can see how much he's wishing for it to be you. Everytime your name is brought up, I can see his joy in his eyes even though his lips doesn't express it. You darn did make him fall for you...hard."

There was silence again. But this time, both of them were thinking.

    "I....uhm..." Myungsoo stuttered as he doesn't know what to tell Sungyeol.

    "Don't feel sorry for me. I still like him, and I would still do anything for him. Don't think of it as game over. And even if he does pick you, I'll be here for him, ready to save him anytime he needs me..." Sungyeol gave a bittersweet smile while staring into the space.

    "Of course, it'll never be game over. Unless we get married." Myungsoo smirked which earned him a glare from Sungyeol. "It will never be, even if you're married." Sungyeol smirked back and earned a glare from Myungsoo, too.

    "I don't want you to think that this is a game. We both like Sungjong. In fact, it's love..." Myungsoo nodded, agreeing to what Sungyeol said. "Let's let him know we're serious about him. Whoever he chooses, makes sure to protect him and love him at all cost." Sungyeol then added.

    "I want that too." Myungsoo answered, never felt as determined as ever.

    "And before things get more serious, I just want you to know..."

 

 

 

 

    "....we're still not friends."