Setting Things Straight

Crazy About You

Sungjong skipped school that day. He was nowhere to be found for the next 3 days, too He has been the talk of the school which was one of the obvious reasons why he wanted to be invisible. Even the News that the campus released had its own section for their love triangle story and how Myungsoo was now the one running after Sungjong, given that it was run by the fellow students. It said that he probably did a spell on Myungsoo to turn the tables and so that he could recover from the humiliation he had before, plus having Sungyeol as an ally. Myungsoo felt his head about to burst when he read the newspaper. He took all the newspaper in the stand and threw it in the garbage. He took every single newspaper that the students were reading.

    "What the is your problem, man?!" one student complained.

    "Well how about you? What the do you think you're doing?" Myungsoo answered back.

    "Reading the newspaper about how you got spelled." the student teased followed with laughs from other students.

Myungsoo took the student's collar and pressed him against the locker. Sungyeol got in time to stop him before anything gets worse.

    "C'mon, he's not worth it." Sungyeol said as he continue pulling Myungsoo away.

    "Well this er needs to learn a lesson about saying stupid things that he learned from stupid people." Myungsoo angrily answered, not looking away from the student. When he saw the fear in the student's eyes, he let go harshly while pushing him to the locker. "Your lives aren't probably as exciting as ours. That's why the least you can do is to read this stupid news paper." he announced, kicking and tearing up the newspapers he found. 

Sungyeol managed to take him away from the corridor to cool down.

    "Have you seen the newspaper?!" Myungsoo said the moment they got out.

    "Yeah."

    "Aren't you mad?! Why does it seem like you're cool about it?!"

    "There's nothing we could do. The word's out, there were pictures and videos and we have no control over it." Sungyeol said calmly. "Of course, I bursted out the moment I read it. I even punched the student giving out the papers earlier."

    "Then why didn't you let me punch that student? He didn't deserve to be free with that mouth of his!"

    "Let it go, Myungsoo. I think one damage is enough especially that I'll be in detention for punching a student council officer in front of a teacher."

Myungsoo stared at him for a long time before he bursted out a laugh. "You're stupid! Why'd you let a teacher catch you?"

     "I didn't know!" Sungyeol answered, laughing with Myungsoo.

     "But wait..." Myungsoo interrupted. "...did Sungjong by chance, have seen those papers?"

Sungyeol sighed. "Let's hope not. Besides, Woohyun and Hoya probably won't let him know."

    "Speaking, where are they? I haven't seen them."

    "I don't know. Ever since that day happened, they rarely talk to me. They smile at me with pity but... that's... that's it." Sungyeol said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

    "Take it easy, Sungyeol. They probably didn't want us to know Sungjong's whereabouts."

    "Yeah. We should probably go, class is starting soon."

Myungsoo nodded and ran towards the door but Sungyeol looked around first for an unknown reason, he felt like he needed to look around. He was walking towards the door when he noticed someone in a hoodie near the parking lot. He soon found out that it was Sungjong, so he hurriedly ran towards him and hugged him so tight.

    "Sungjong! Oh my god, where have you been?" Sungyeol screamed in excitement before he gave Sungjong another tight hug.

Sungjong hugged him back, "I'm sorry I wasn't able to say goodbye." 

Sungyeol broke free from the hug. "G-goodbye? What do you mean?" Sungjong sighed, "I'm going to tranfer to another school."

    "Wait, what? In the middle of the school year? No! Don't do that. It's a waste. Y-you're in the 1st class now and you worked hard for it. P-please don't transfer, it's a waste." Sungyeol desperately said.

    "I can't study like this. I'll be so distracted from all my personal things that I'll eventually drop down to 4 sections again." 

They stared at each other for a very long time before Sungyeol took his uniform off, leaving him with his white shirt. "W-what are you doing?!" Sungjong asked in confusion but Sungyeol just grabbed him outside the campus. Sungjong can't help but blush because he didn't know what was happening. His initial thought was 'Wow, he looks hot in white'. But the moment they got out, he put on his uniform again. 

    "W-why are you putting it on again? I-I mean why did you took it off?"

    "So that I can leave the school without being caught." Sungyeol said smiling, then winked at Sungjong. Of course, Sungjong blushed once again but he had to snap himself to go back to normal.

 

 

They went to a nearby cafe and sat down to talk. 

    "I really think that we should fix any misunderstandings first." Sungyeol began. "If you think that I was using to for my anger towards Myungsoo, you're wrong. I really like you."

    "But I never thought of it that way." Sungjong answered.

    "Okay. That's good." Sungyeol said, smiling with relief. "I want you to know that both of us are serious. Even though at first, I doubted Myungsoo, he's true to his words and actions. He does like you. I'm saying this so we'll have a fair game." Sungyeol added.

    "He...he really do?" Sungjong asked, obviously brightening up which made Sungyeol's heart ache. He didn't want to give it up but here he is, staring at Sungjong, looking as happier as ever upon hearing what he said. He didn't regret saying it, but he did regret not expecting this reaction.

    "Y-yeah... he does. But just know that I'm here for you no matter what. I'm ready to do everything to help you stand up again. Just don't cut our communication, okay?"

Sungjong nodded. "I'm going to transfer school this monday at an academy nearby."

    "The academy nearest to your house?" Sungyeol asked in confirmation to which Sungjong nodded to. "Okay, that's great. I can go there to visit you anytime."

    "Thank you so much for being one of my bestest friend, Sungyeol." Sungjong said smiling brightly.

Friend. Once again, Sungyeol's heart ached.

    "Y-yeah. Sure. No problem." Sungyeol cleared his throat. "Speaking of friends, have you talked to Hoya and Woohyun?"

    "Hmm, of course. I always talk to them. That's why I was in school earlier to pick my stuffs up that they got from me."

    "Well, that's great! I haven't been able to talk to them..." Sungyeol said, worried.

    "I'm sorry. I told them not to tell you anything. I guess they just chose to ignore you."

    "It's okay." Sungyeol smiled. "Let me get you home." 

    "You're skipping school?!" 

    "Well I missed the first period. Might as well skip the whole day to help you." Sungyeol smiled while he stood up and carried Sungjong's things.

 

 

 

 

Hoya was fixing his locker. He accidentally dropped his books and when he was about to grab it, someone ran over to take it for him.

    "D-dongwoo?!"

    "Hi." Dongwoo greeted while trying to hide his smile. "Here's your books."

    "T-thank you..." Hoya took the books shyly.

    "Uhm... I was thinking.."

    "NO." Hoya stopped him before he even finish his question. 

    "No, what?"

    "I'm not going to give away anything Myungsoo wants to hear." 

    "Oh, no-no. I-It's not why I approached you." Dongwoo denied.

    "Then... why?"

    "Uhm, I... I was just hungry and it's after school so maybe... you know, uhhh we could...eat tteokbeokki?"

Hoya blushed. He tried not to make it obvious so he cleared his throat and put on a straight face. "Why?"

    "I just wanted to hang out with you." Dongwoo said trying to hide his smile that never left his face. "Or if you don't tteokbeokki we could go somewhere else or eat something else."

    "Why do you want to hang out with me?" 

Dongwoo felt his body froze. He tried to say something but nothing happened. He was stuttering so he tried to walk away to which surprised Hoya. He ran after Dongwoo to block his way. "Why. Do. You. Want. To. Hang. Out. With. Me?" Hoya then asked with an instense tone. Dongwoo was sweating and he still couldn't muster up the courage to answer. He can't take it anymore, especially when Hoya was staring right back at him with a scary look. 

    "Because I..." he tried to say more but his mouth immediately closed.

    "Because you what?"

 Dongwoo was cornered so he tried to calm himself down, closed his eyes and answered...

    "Because I like you!"

 

 

 

Myungsoo approached Sungyeol the next day wondering where he had gone off. 

    "I was surprised when I look back and you weren't there. I look outside but you weren't there either. Where were you?"

    "I-I had an emergency." Sungyeol gave an alibi.

    "Oh. Uhm well what happened? It seems urgent coz you skipped school."

    "No, it's nothing. I'm fine."

Before Myungsoo could ask him again, the bell rang so they had to sit down, leaving him curious for an unknown reason. Sungyeol went out for lunch so Myungsoo wasn't able to ask him again. He felt like he needed to know why but he had no choice but to keep it to himself.

While having lunch with Dongwoo and Sunggyu, Hoya's name was brought up.

    "So how'd it go?" Sunggyu asked, laughing. 

    "Stop." Dongwoo said, annoyed.

    "Were you turned down?" Sunggyu laughed again. "No! We had a great time eating tteokbeokki then we went to a nearby cafe!" Dongwoo yelled. It was late when he realized he unwillingly answered Sunggyu's question when he saw him laughing.

    "Oh, since when did you like Hoya?" Myungsoo asked.

    "I don't like him!"

    "Yeah, you don't that's why you almost peed your pants trying to ask him out." Sunggyu laughed non-stop which earned him a hit in the stomach. Only then he stopped laughing but started coughing non-stop.

    "Okay, I like him. What's the big deal?"

Myungsoo laughed. "Nothing, bro! It's just that we never knew you'll fall for Sungjong's friend." He said when suddenly, his smile faded remembering Sungjong and his whereabouts. 

    "Speaking of Sungjong..." Sunggyu interrupted while still recovering from his instense coughing, "...have you seen him lately?"

Myungsoo shook his head. "So does Sungyeol. We don't know where he is and his friends were staying away from Sungyeol."

    "Nah-ah, bro. Sungyeol already saw him." Sunggyu said.

    "What do you mean?" Myungsoo asked, confused.

    "He was here yesterday then I saw them leaving the school together, that's why I knew why he wasn't gonna attend school."

    "And you're telling me this just now, because?!" Myungsoo asked, his voice slighlty raising.

    "Chill, bro. I was late yesterday. And I had no chance to say it. They're best friends so it's basically normal for them to hangout."

Myungsoo felt his head burning. "That bastard. Trying to step up his game." he tossed his chopsticks and stormed out the cafeteria. He waited in the school's entrance, hoping he'll catch Sungyeol when he comes back.

After minutes of waiting, he caught Sungyeol off-guard when he pinned him to the lockers. 

    "You're trying to be on the lead? What? You're trying to get on his good side? I just can't seem to read you, you know?"

    "Wh-what are you doing? And what do you mean?"

Myungsoo tighten his grip and pushed him again, "You perfectly know what I'm trying to say!" 

Sungyeol saw Myungsoo's glare. He felt as if he'll melt anytime if it goes any longer. "Tch. What? Accidentally meeting Sungjong as he pick up his things considered 'cheating' for you? Oh well, I hope you'll wake up with the fact that he's never going back."

    "What do you mean, never?"

    "Never. As in leaving the school" 

Myungsoo loosen his grip. "Where will he transfer?" 

Sungyeol thought about not saying it, but it'll prove how much of a coward he is and how scared he is compared to Myungsoo. He can clearly see where this competition is heading but he is barely holding on.

    "To an academy nearby. Nearest to his place. He'll transfer this coming monday."

    "Why..."

    "What do you mean, why? Because of us. Because of this. The same reason why you feel this way and why you just pinned me to the locker."

    "Oh." Myungsoo looked at him and fixed his uniform. "Sorry." 

    "Well it seems like we need to step up our game."

Myungsoo sighed thinking about how much Sungjong probably suffered to go up to the extent of transferring. Sungyeol shook his head and tapped Myungsoo's shoulder.

 

    "See you around, Myungsoo." he said as he walk away in fear of losing the only person he love. His first love. He walked away in fear, knowing that Myungsoo will always be in the lead. He walked away as he wiped his tear.