How To Make Friends

Crazy About You

 

It's first day of school once again to now sophomore Lee Sungjong. He finally gets the hang of school and how to survive going there without crying over how far it is from their home. 30 minutes. 

He wasn't used to sit in the bus long enough for his to hurt. Before, he would ride it and get off after literally a minute. That was middle school. But he's in High School now. It's much more farther. He got the hang of it not until the last day of his Freshman year, when he realized it's too late to turn back now. He's off to his 2nd year in High School. 

Now that he's a year higher to one lower batch, he always felt the need to brag that he's in the higher year. Yeah, he's young. Young enough to be in the same batch as the Freshman but that doesn't erase the fact that he's Sophomore. Higher year. One upper year. He felt like a Senior to some new kids who he still shares the same habit with. But still. He's a Sophomore, he thought. 

He accommodates anyone who asks him questions about room, what's it like or are the teachers a terror. 
    "No. Don't worry. You'll survive. After all it's your first year so you'll do great. I hope." He pulls off a worried face. 
    "W-why? Is it that b-bad?" A scared, easily tricked freshman asked. 
    "Nah. You'll do fine. Just..... Pray. While you can." He smiled and walked away. 

He loves feeling superior. 

He was walking around for a long time waiting for his class which is in about 15 minutes when he saw a bright light. 

No. 

It wasn't a light. 

It was a person. And he's shining. He's literally glowing. He is handsome. He is gorgeous. And with every step he take, another eye catches his perfection. 

Sungjong wasn't exactly attracted. Okay, he is. But he knows what his limit is so he can't freak the perfect guy out. He wanted to approach him and talk to him. He caught Sungjong's attention and that's normal because he was perfect. But Sungjong has this feeling like they will be friends....or more. His imagination run wild of all the possibility that might happen if he approaches him. He felt like he hit the jackpot. This is it. 

He waited until the guy walk near him. His knees felt weak. It's not like he always approach handsome guys  to get used to it and not feel nervous. But he wasn't shy or feeling embarass. Just...nervous.

When the guy walked in front of him, he had the courage he doesn't know where he got and finally approached the handsome guy. 

    "Hey! Are you a freshman?" Sungjong asked happily. 
    "Uhm. I'm actually a sophomore." He smiled. 

. Okay, mindblown. He's the same year as me and he just smiled. 

    "Oh, okay. Uhm. Maybe you need some help?" 
    "Oh yeah, actually. My class starts in 15 minutes and I don't know what my room is."

Wait... Are we in the same class? 

    "What class are you in?" Sungjong asked expecting to hear.... 
    "2-1." He smiled again. 

Oh. *pop* There goes my dreams. He's in the first and smartest section. I'm in class 2-5. Freaking 4 sections below him. 

    "Uhm. Yeah. Okay. That's on the 3rd floor, first classroom to the right." Sungjong forced a smile. 
    "Thank you." He smiled again and dashed off. 

He followed every step the gorgeous man made. Seconds later, girls flock around him. 

    "What did he say?" 
    "What classroom was he in?" 
    "What year?" 
    "Are you part of the student Council? Oh my god help us!"

I ain't telling you. 

No. 

Another no. 

Mega no. I'm not part of the student Council. But maybe.... If that'll get me to talk to him again, I will be. Watch me.  

 

 


Sungjong's first class ended. The moment the teacher stepped out of the class, everyone was talking about Myungsoo and how he's so perfect. 

 

Who's Myungsoo?! 

 

Just then, he remembered how he didn't ask for the new guy's name. So it's Myungsoo. He was expecting something like James or Mike, something that sounds handsome. But with a face like that? Myungsoo's just about right. 

He had the privilege to be the very first to talk to the new guy. It wasn't that good, but he is still ahead of other admirers. 

During lunch, Sungjong and his best friends, Hoya and Woohyun, talked about Myungsoo. 
    "So I heard you got to talk to him first. Girls are wondering if you were part of the student Council. Some of them are jealous and some are angry." Hoya said while giggling. 
    "Okay, well. It's not my fault." 
    "Did he talked to you first?" Woohyun asked. 
Sungjong shook his head. Hoya and Woohyun sighed in unison. 
    "Guess you're considered dead." Woohyun joked. 
    "No. He has girls in his class. I'm pretty sure they'll forget about me. His classmates have more advantage." 

And he was right. Weeks later, girls started to talk behind each other's back. Myungsoo was a heartthrob 4 weeks after going to school. Sungjong vanished from the girls' radar which was a relief. He wasn't that affected by Myungsoo. I mean, yeah he was attracted but it's not like he's IN LOVE. Maybe he wants to talk to him, get to know him more, be his friend but that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. 

But in a jungle of girls keeping their eyes around Myungsoo, he can't approach him comfortably. Unless he's someone famous or important. 

Maybe if he's in the Student Council. 

And that's how he started being someone.

Sungjong became the Secretary of Student Council. I mean, he was expecting something cool, but this works. If it'll make him closer to Myungsoo, why not?! Being part of something in your school means you're smart and responsible in the eyes of the students even though you're not. That was his perfect disguise; Perfect plan to approach Myungsoo. 

Student Council isn't a very crowded organization in the school. No one seems to dare or find it interesting unless you want some unwanted responsibility. But you do make a name for yourself just being in there.

Every day, officers are given a task to roam around the campus and help students in need. Funny how the students should be approaching them, not the other around. But hey! Let's make more friends!

Sungjong was smiling like crazy, scaring some freshmen, when he saw the familiar glowing man from afar. His knees felt weak again. If only he could pep talk his knees, he would gladly do it. Stop it, please. 

He made his pace faster to meet him as soon as he can. 
    "Hey!" He scared off the gorgeous guy. 
    "H-hey. Uhm. Sungjong, right?" 

He knows me! He knows me! 

    "How'd you know my name?"
    "You're the secretary of the Student Council. Everyone knows you." 

He never really thought everyone knows him. I mean, the only attention he wanted was Myungsoo's. Now that he got it, his eyes are finally open. Freshmen weren't scared because he was smiling. They were scared because he is someone. He's in a certain position everyone thinks only smart people belongs to. 

It's not that Sungjong isn't smart. He's lazy. But when he has responsibilities, he knows how to finish them.

    "Oh, wow. Uhm. Thanks." He let out an embarassing giggle. 
    "Hey, I'm sorry but I have to go. See you around..." Myungsoo stared. "...Secretary?" And smiled. 

Sungjong died a million times internally. He nodded as if his head was about to fall off. He was staring at Myungsoo until he's gone from his sight. He realized how stupid he looks like and slapped himself... Followed by a loud "ouch".

He fled the scene right after.