Staring at You

Do you believe in Destiny?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fifteen:

Staring at You

 

 

 

“You should sleep now, Tiffany and I will watch you, okay?”

 

Taeyeon caringly spoke to Yelena in hope that the latter will listen to her because she knows that her girlfriend will just whine more and won’t follow any of their request. So Taeyeon used her last card and tried to act cute and show more caring gesture that she knows Yelena really likes.

 

“Fine!”

 

Taeyeon smiled when she saw that Yelena was smiling despite the latter grumpily answering her.

 

“You two are treating me like a baby!”

 

“It’s for your own good. And besides, I know deep down inside of you… you’re seriously enjoying this…”

 

Taeyeon’s smiled grew into a full blown grin when she saw the interaction happening with the two bestfriend’s.

 

And when she felt that Yeonseo is finally getting sleepy by the seconds, Taeyeon turned her head to look at her girlfriend only to find the latter had already closed her eyes. Taeyeon carefully lean her body colder to the sleeping girl and gave her forehead a gentle kiss.

 

“Goodnight, sleep tight.”

 

Taeyeon stood up and walked back to the long couch and sat over there while still staring at Yeonseo. She turned to her head to her right and saw Tiffany working seriously at her laptop while sitting on the single seater couch near her.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

Tiffany looked up to her as she called her and Taeyeon hadn’t have a great self facial control she probably might have made a fool of herself and stupidly made a gawking and dazed expression when she got a view of a make-up less Tiffany with those round rimmed eye glasses that makes her cute and beautiful at the same time.

 

“Yes?”

 

Taeyeon made a fake cough and tried to compose her inner self as she tried to fetch back the words she wanted to say to the woman a few seconds ago.

 

“Uhm, can I take a nap first while you’re still working on that? So that when you’re done it’ll be your turn to rest?”

 

Taeyeon shyly asked Tiffany but her heart suddenly takes up a pace when she saw Tiffany’s eyes arc in crescents behind those lenses when the woman answered her with a smile but immediately stopped herself from feeling whatever this is she always feel whenever she looks at Tiffany and just inwardly sigh to herself in the end.

 

“Sure! You go sleep first. I know you’re more tired since this morning because you do all the work from the admission to getting Yelena’s clothes and mine too.”

 

“Thanks,”

 

Taeyeon replied with a small controlled smile because she’s starting to get nervous around Tiffany once again.

 

“Good night, Taeyeon.”

 

“One more thing…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Promise to wake me up later okay? When you’re done.”

 

“Okay, you go sleep now.”

 

“Good night, Tiffany.”

 

Before Taeyeon closed her eyes the last thing she saw and hear was the beautiful smiling face of Tiffany and the loud beating of her heart inside her chest.

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

Tiffany can no longer concentrate on what she’s typing right now, having Taeyeon in a close proximity made her brain malfunction. Her fingers finally stopped pressing down to the keyboard as her eyes slowly and stealthily took a side glade at the lying figure of Taeyeon beside her in the couch.

 

‘She’s now asleep,’

 

Tiffany shifted her eyes to the other sleeping figure on the hospital bed and silent sigh before returning her gaze back to the sleeping girl on the couch and could only let out another silent sigh as she stare at the peaceful childlike face of Taeyeon.

 

‘She really looks cute sleeping like that… and how can a girl be so handsome and beautiful at the same time? I wonder how many girls and boys ran after her when she was younger.’

 

Tiffany didn’t notice that her original intention of stealing a glance at Taeyeon had now turned into a full blown deep staring. She even lost track of time at how long she had been staring at the sleeping girl right now.

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

After an hour, Taeyeon felt a bit restless in her sleep as if someone is staring at her. She slowly opened her eyes and directly looked at the direction where Tiffany was seating and saw the woman intently looking at her but when the letter had noticed her opening eyes she abruptly turned her eyes back at her laptop’s screen.

 

“Y-you’re still not done working?”

 

Taeyeon asked a bit groggily and with a husky sleepy voice.

 

“N-not y-yet,”

 

Taeyeon’s lips curve into a little smile when she heard the stuttering reply of the caught girl who tried to look nonchalant as ever as she keeps on staring back at her laptop and to a folder beside it which Taeyeon find so cute yet again.

 

“W-why are you up already? It’s only been like an hour since you took a nap.”

 

Taeyeon finally made her smile known to the other girl as she sat up from  the couch and glides her body to the corner that is closer to Tiffany’s side.

 

“I really couldn’t sleep, I just rested my eyes.”

 

Taeyeon made an eye contact to Tiffany but almost frowned when she saw the woman still avoiding looking at her. Taeyeon mentally sigh, she really don’t know what to think anymore. One moment she doesn’t want to look at Tiffany because she felt confuse whenever she looked at her then the next moment she hated whenever Tiffany was the one avoiding her.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath and tried to compose herself and slowly sat up before shifting her eyes to Yelena to check if her girlfriend is still sleeping. When Taeyeon got a glance of the clear plastic tubes connected to her girlfriend’s wrist, it suddenly reminded her about the still unknown test result of all the medical examination the woman took earlier today. And that thought alone is enough to keep Taeyeon’s mind back to reality.

 

“Tiffany,”

 

Taeyeon called Tiffany’s name without taking her eyes away from the girl on the hospital bed.

 

“What do you think happened to Yeonseo today? Those constant headache she’s having lately… do you think those got something to do with this? Is she sick because of that?”

 

Taeyeon felt a gentle touch on top of her hand and when she looked down at her own hand she got surprised to see Tiffany’s hand on hers. She instantly looked up to see Tiffany’s face and also saw the girl’s worried face.

 

“Let’s just hope and pray that this is nothing serious,”

 

Taeyeon weirdly felt calm with just looking at Tiffany’s assuring brown eyes, she took a deep breath and slowly released it out before giving Tiffany’s hand gentle squeeze in return and a thankful smile, momentarily forgetting her earlier inner battle of avoiding the slightly younger woman.

 

When Tiffany pulled her hand away, Taeyeon instantly miss the warmth of the woman’s palm against her skin and could only stare on her spot as Tiffany starts typing at her laptop again. Taeyeon tried to rack her braid to think of any simple conversation she can make to Tiffany because she really want to hear her sweet voice again.

 

“What’s up with you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter