My Destiny

Do you believe in Destiny?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-seven:

My Destiny

 

 

 

100 days later

 

 

 

Stella was so happy to see her daughter smiling and being cheerful again. Tiffany is being less gloomy with each passing day and as a mother she couldn’t be happier to see her only daughter slowly recovering.

 

“Hi, sweetheart! I heard from a lot of praises from Mrs. Landers for you! She really loved your make over with her living room that she’s also letting you take over the project in renovating the other rooms in her house!”

 

“Really, Mommy?!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Aw! Thank you so much, Mom!”

 

Stella gladly opened her arms when her daughter run into her and gave her a tight embrace.

 

“I’m just happy to see you having fun! Just ditch you father and just join me instead!”

 

“Hey! I heard that!”

 

They laugh when they heard Tiffany’s father shouted at them from the kitchen. And soon enough the older man walked to the two of them and hugged the two of them in his arms, making the mother and daughter giggle to one another.

 

“I hate to say this… but if my baby princess is having more fun in the company of my queen then all I can do is support my two most favorite women!”

 

“Aw, Daddy! Don’t worry I won’t leave you, I’ll just shift from Mommy’s company and yours from time to time!”

 

“But you’ll be over worked I don’t want that for my princess!”

 

“Don’t worry, Daddy, Mommy… I’ll tell you two if I’m having a hard time! But so far I’m having blast! So it’s all really fine!”

 

Tiffany smiled when she felt her father gave the top of her head a gentle kiss and then followed by another kiss on her cheeks from her mother. Her eyes get teary from feeling so much love and support from her parents.

 

“Thanks, Daddy, Mommy… I love you two so much!”

 

“We love you our daughter!”

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

But until when a heart have to wait? A week, two weeks? A month, two months? But after the hundredth day, Tiffany had slowly stopped counting the days she has to wait for Taeyeon to come back to her. She just kept in mind that when the time is right, her Taeyeon will definitely come and find her. Especially when it was Tiffany who left Taeyeon first, but this time Tiffany swears that she won’t run away again.

 

“You sure you still going to wait for Taeyeon to come back for you?”

 

Tiffany incredulously looked at Jasper and gave the poor guy a hard punch on his left arm. The two ex-lovers turned very good friends are now hanging out in a little park near Tiffany’s home.

 

“Ouch! Violent much?!”

 

“You started it!”

 

“But seriously though… My offer still stands, you just have to say ‘Yes’ and we’ll get married immediately!”

 

“Jasper…”

 

“Fine, I’m not serious! But seriously! It’s not fine! It’s been weeks and you still haven’t got any word from Taeyeon or Yelena. We don’t know what happened after that unfinished ceremony and I just can’t take it anymore, to see you like this, hopelessly waiting for something that’s not certain. I just don’t want to see get hurt even more.”

 

Tiffany looked at Jasper’s eyes with so much determination and hope that her ex-fiancé turned trusted friend can see through her.

 

“She’ll come back.”

 

“But what if she won’t?”

 

“Taeyeon will come back.”

 

“But—“

 

“And Taeyeon is not something… she’s my someone.”

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

Jasper let out his final defeated sigh as he continue to witness with his very eyes and feel in every fiber of his body just how much Tiffany truly love Taeyeon.

 

And with that realization, Jasper knows within him that he can finally move on with Tiffany, it will be hard, but he’s going to do it. Slowly yet surely, with times help and maybe just maybe could also because…

 

“I— I’ve met someone…”

 

Jasper gently said while waiting for Tiffany’s reaction.

 

“What?! Oh my god, Jas! I’m so happy for you!”

 

“Yeah,”

 

Jasper felt a painful strike straight to his heart but felt somehow relieve too at the same time because somehow it’s not as painful as it used to. He smiled at Tiffany like a true friend would.

 

“How was she like?”

 

He paused and tried to thoughtfully think of an answer to Tiffany simple question.

 

“Hmmm, you’re prettier than her that’s for sure…”

 

“Yah! Don’t compare us! You’re being such a jerk right now, you know!”

 

Jasper smiled as he continues to ponder with his own thoughts.

 

“Honestly, I don’t know her that much yet… but I’m willing to get to know her much better… and I’m just glad that she seem to really like me…”

 

“Go for it, Jas. Who knows she might be the one for you.”

 

“We’ll see… and I really hope so…”

 

“You’re a good man, Jasper Cho. Keep that in mind, any woman that you’d pour your love and attention to will be the luckiest woman in the whole world.”

 

“Thanks, Tiffany… I also hope that you’ll have your happiness back again, I really do. And just so you know, she’s a great cook!”

 

Tiffany gave him another punch as they both laugh. Jasper let himself to be hugged by Tiffany one last time when the latter pulled him closer to her. He closed his eyes and let his heart savor the warmth of Tiffany’s embrace and let his heart to silently say its final words.

 

‘I love you Tiffany Hwang… and goodbye…’

 

When Jasper opened his eyes he found a pair of onyx colored eyes staring straight at him, calm yet piercing that Jasper immediately knows why it was looking at him like that although the owner’s face is currently void with any kind of emotion towards him.

 

“Your someone has finally arrived,”

 

He gently said to Tiffany who almost automatically let go of him.

 

Jasper watched as Tiffany gets stoned on her spot, he chuckled to himself before he decided to approach the new comer, who now has an equally stoned expression.

 

“Hi, Kim Taeyeon, we meet again. Let’s hang out some other time, okay? Go to her, she’s been waiting for you.”

 

Taeyeon nods at him and when the latter begun to take her step towards Tiffany, Jasper had also begun to take his, only his is to walk away from the woman he once loved.

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

“Hi,”

 

Taeyeon greeted Tiffany carefully, afraid that the woman in front of her might run away from her any seconds now. She waited for Tiffany’s reply but when the latter just stayed silently staring at her and not bolting into a run, Taeyeon decided to slowly cross the little distance between her and Tiffany. She stopped two steps from Tiffany and took the chance to look at her face.

 

“I— I went to your house and your Dad, he let me in and u-um it was your Mom that told me where you at. So… here I am.”

 

Taeyeon summarized the short encounter she had with Tiffany’s parents earlier, she has more things to talk to with Tiffany, for now that one can wait. Taeyeon was deep in her thoughts as she thinks to her herself on how should she tell Tiffany everything that had happen for the past few months and how can she ask her in return about what happen to her too and that sudden disappearance Tiffany did back then, right after they made love to each other all night while reminiscing their childhood together.

 

But her thoughts was abruptly interrupted when she heard a soft hiccup as if someone is crying and she was right, and when it registered to her busy mind, Taeyeon instantly panicked when she realized that it was Tiffany that is crying.

 

“Tiffany! Why are you crying? Please please don’t cry…”

 

Taeyeon crossed the little distance between her and Tiffany when she pulled the latter into her as her arms securely wrapped itself around Tiffany’s shivering body. She tried to gently rub Tiffany’s back to calm her down but somehow its effect backfired on her and it Taeyeon who suddenly feels calm and content just holding Tiffany back in her arms again.

 

It feels so good. It feels so serene and it feels as if all the hurt and hardship just vanished inside of her. And all Taeyeon could feel is the warm heat that is coming from Tiffany’s body and the soft flutter of her heart against her chest.

 

“I missed you so much, Miyoung… I’m sorry for making you wait this long…”

 

Taeyeon softly spoke besides Tiffany’s ear as they both still don’t want to break their hug.

 

“I missed you too Taetae… it’s me who should say sorry to you, it’s me who left you without a word, remember.”

“Hmmm.”

 

Taeyeon hummed before she turned her head towards the crook of Tiffany’s neck and gave the smooth skin a gentle kiss. She can’t help but smile when she felt Tiffany’s body shivered in her hold even more.

 

“That you do, but somehow I had an idea as to why you did that to me, to yourself or just simply said, us… I understand why you did that to us, Miyoung. I know you felt afraid that you’ll hurt Yeonseo. So, I let you leave so I can do what I need to do with my situation with Yeonseo without you stopping me.”

 

Taeyeon broke their hug a little bit as she looked into Tiffany’s eyes.

 

“Tae,”

 

“I went to see Yeonseo right after I woke up without you beside me,”

 

“I’m sorry, Tae,”

 

“Hush love… don’t cry…”

 

Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter