Visitor

Do you believe in Destiny?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight:

Visitor

 

 

 

 

 

“Tiffany?! Are you okay?”

 

Tiffany heard the worried voice of Sunny behind the door of the cubicle she’s in. She took a deep breath first before answering back to the other woman, feeling afraid that the woman might notice something weird from her.

 

“I’m fine, Sunny. I just suddenly remember something… I’m sorry, I’ll be out in a sec…”

 

“Okay, if you say so… but just know that I’m here in case you need someone to talk to, okay? Remember, were friends now.”

 

“Yeah… Thank you, Sunny.”

 

Tiffany wordlessly went to the sink to wash her hands but she can she from their reflection in the mirror how Sunny silently follows her every movement with worry in her eyes.

 

‘Tiffany calm down, don’t think about it anymore… it’s for your own good…’

 

When Tiffany feels like she can control her emotions again she finally walked calmly back to the small conference room where the other’s and Taeyeon were waiting for her and Sunny.

 

“Hi, Tiffany! Are you okay?”

 

Tiffany couldn’t control her own eyes as it automatically moves to lock its gaze into those bright onyx colored eyes of Taeyeon and once again the emotions she’s been trying to control where once again let loose and where running crazily all over her tightening chest.

 

“I-I’m okay, Taeyeon…”

 

She saw Taeyeon smiled warmly straight to her, the kindness in her eyes it brings unexplainable warmth into her and with just that smile, her raging heart was pacified and breathing felt easy again.

 

“I’m here to pick you up for lunch.”

 

“Lunch?”

 

“Yeah. We’ll pick Yeonseo at her office first. Why, are you hungry already? Does these brats didn’t even offered you some snacks?”

 

“Of course not Taeyeon unnie! I offered her a slice of my special strawberry cheese cake!”

 

“Shut up, Yoong… I’m talking to Tiffany…”

 

“Unnie, you meanie!”

 

“Hahaha! Because you’re such a brat!”

 

“Seohyunnie! Taeyeon unnie is being a meanie to me again!”

 

Tiffany was already lost in their conversation the moment she heard Yelena’s name escape Taeyeon’s mouth, she stupidly thought that it would only be them to have lunch together but she’s stupid wrong for hoping for something that can’t never ever happen to her. And as she heard the light bickering happening between Taeyeon and Yoona, she can’t help but to think of that sudden memory surge she had experience earlier, it’s like that déjà vu was now on its feet and chasing her to no ends.

 

“Let’s go, Tiffany.”

 

Before Tiffany could even form a reply to Taeyeon, she already felt a hand on her right shoulder, and without realizing whose hand it was, Tiffany felt her whole body trembles with that electrifying but warm sensation that palm suddenly brought upon her skin. Her eyes searched and looked to the owner of that hand on her shoulder and when her eyes met that pair of eyes again, that’s when Tiffany was finally sure that they had really met from before.

 

‘Tiffany, stop! Let’s say that it’s true that you and Taeyeon had met before, then so what? Stop whatever crazy thoughts your thinking! It’s just a stupid déjà vu! There’s still a possibility that it did not really happened! Get a grip of yourself, Hwang Miyoung!’

 

“Okay… Yelena must be waiting for us.”

 

Tiffany silently followed Taeyeon out of the establishment as they finished bidding her friends and also now her friends slash bosses goodbye. She was about to open the door of the backseat when Taeyeon held her hand and stopped her.

 

“Sit in the front with me,”

 

Taeyeon opened the passenger seat door and held it up for her and since Tiffany was also ready feeling dizzy upon thinking of everything that she’s feeling right now, she couldn’t react to object when Taeyeon gently pulled her by the hand that the latter was still holding on and guided her to sit on the passenger seat and Tiffany could only silently watched Taeyeon swiftly moved from her side to get on the driver’s seat.

 

After that, the whole ride to Yelena’s office was a very quiet one, she didn’t uttered a single words to Taeyeon and she was somehow feeling relieved and thankful that the other girl didn’t even tried to open up a conversation with her.

 

 

 

--------

 

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

A happy voice of Yelena welcomed the two of them the moment they entered the lobby and although Tiffany want to turn her head around to greet her bestfriend she couldn’t because as much as she want to her stupid eyes won’t listen to her as it continues to stare at the bright and happy face of the woman standing beside her.

 

Even though, Tiffany was in awe witnessing such beauty she couldn’t deny that pang of pain that stabs her heart over and over again as she finally realized that those smile wasn’t for her and most of all, it was not her that’s behind those beautiful smile.

 

‘Tiffany how many times do I have to tell you to stop? This is so wrong…’

 

“Hi, baby! Did we make you wait?”

 

Yelena quickly walked towards Taeyeon and gave the latter a tight embrace and without hesitation gave each other a sweet peck on the lips. Tiffany painfully tore her gaze on Taeyeon’s face and automatically turned around to avoid witnessing such intimate act between the two lovers.

 

Tiffany felt like she was watching a sappy old romantic movie happening right in front of her eyes or as if she’s one of the extra characters in that movie that couldn’t help but feel so damn envious of the main actress’s role, wishing that it was her role instead.

 

‘Oh god! Please help me stop myself feeling like this! Tiffany! Wake up! You’re probably just missing Jasper! You and him used to be as sweet as them! Yeah! That’s right! You’re probably just missing the old times… the good times… yes that’s just it… nothing more… it’s not because of that stupid day dream you had earlier!’

 

“Enough, Tae!”

 

Yelena slowly pulled away from Taeyeon’s hold and then gently pushed the latter’s face away from her with a sweet smile still etched on their faces.

 

“Aren’t you embarrassed in front of Tiffany?”

 

“Oh I’m sorry…”

 

Yelena let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter