The News

Do you believe in Destiny?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-six:

The News

 

 

 

Time surely flies by in a blink of an eye, especially when Tiffany has her eyes completely focused on work since she had now decided to join her father’s company.

 

It’s been exactly four months since Tiffany had last seen and heard anything about Taeyeon and it still sure hurts her to think that after all these times, the woman never even tried to contact her or look for her and Tiffany can’t exactly blame her for not doing so. All she can do is blame herself for hurting Taeyeon the way she did.

 

Tiffany was staring blankly at the newly built swing in their garden, something that she requested her father a few months ago. Tiffany abruptly turned around when she felt someone suddenly approached her again. It was Jasper again, the guy just suddenly pop out of nowhere these past few months and would always accompany her whenever she’s alone and thinking of Taeyeon.

 

“Thinking of her again?”

 

Tiffany tried to ignore Jasper’s presence and tried to focus her mind to somewhere else.

 

“She’ll never go out to look for you… or better yet… she’ll never come back to you… why do you keep on torturing yourself?”

 

Jasper softly told her.

 

“Jasper, I’m not torturing myself. Did you just come here to irritate me again? Why are you even here again?”

 

Jasper ignored her this time and continues to stare at her.

 

“Because I know that you’re thinking of her again and that you’ll be sad again, that’s why I’m here… and also because… I still love you…”

 

Tiffany sensed hurt in Jasper’s voice and couldn’t help but feel sorry to him.

 

“But don’t worry about that one, I will never try to push myself back to you no matter what. I just want to here for you… as your friend… I guess my last try didn’t worked…”

 

“Jasper…” Tiffany gave him a thankful smile.

 

“Actually I came here to tell you something…”

 

Tiffany saw the slight hesitation in Jasper’s eyes. She smiled at him and urged him to continue.

 

“What is it?”

 

“You see… I kinda met someone…”

 

Tiffany beamed a bigger smile at Jasper.

 

“Really? Wow that’s good news! Is she pretty?”

 

She saw Jasper smiling at her a shyly.

 

“Not as pretty as you. But she was also kind like you and I can feel that she really have feeling for me.”

 

Tiffany saw Jasper’s face slowly brightens up as he talked about this new girl he met.

 

“Then what are you waiting for? Go woo her! Ask her out already!”

 

“Like I said earlier, I was still kinda hoping you’d give me another chance…”

 

“Jas…”

 

“But since yo already made it loud and clear… I guess I should myself and her a chance… she’s really nice and I don’t want to hurt her…”

 

Tiffany smiled at Jasper when she saw the fear of him ever hurting this girl and hopefulness with the thought of a possibility with her too.

 

“That’s a good sign Jasper. Go for it! I wish you all the happiness, my friend.”

 

They laughed at one another for a few minutes before it turns quiet once again.

 

“Tiffany, there’s one more thing I want to tell you. And since I’m your friend, I want to be the one to bring this news to you…”

 

Tiffany looked at the thick white envelope in Jasper’s hand and curiously stared at it for a few second before taking it from him.

 

“W-what’s this?” Tiffany’s voice began to shake when she slowly realized the thing in her hands.

 

Tiffany slowly pulls out the thick piece of card in the envelope and her eyes instantly went wide and her stomach went on an overdrive and wanted to come out of when the shiny name printed in gold finally registered into her brain.

 

‘No… it can’t be… this is not… happening… Taeyeon and Yelena… are getting married two days from now… here in…’

 

“I saw that in my stepfather’s mail when I visit them a last week… turns out Yelena’s Dad and my stepfather are pretty close… so he was invited to the wedding… I just… borrowed that… I thought you should know… I’m sorry Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany tried her hardest to not let herself cry over the news. Besides, she thought, what right does she have to feel hurt? After all, Taeyeon belonged to Yelena in the first place. But Tiffany was immediately betrayed with her own tears as it all came flowing out of her eyes once again like that harsh rain when she and Taeyeon first made love to each other. Her mind was instantly filled with Taeyeon and that night and Tiffany can no longer stop herself from crying out loud.

 

‘You promised me, Taeyeon! Why didn’t you even look for me? Did you hate me that much? Did you even really love me? Why do you have to ruin my peaceful life by making me fall for you all over again?!’

 

“Come on, Tiff… I’ll take you inside…”

 

Jasper carefully helped her up and took her inside their house while her parents get worried upon seeing her heart breaking state.

 

 

--------

 

 

“Sweetheart, stop crying over her.”

 

Stella calmly told her daughter that’s crying again. It’s either staring blankly or crying uncontrollably, were the only expression she can see from her once bright daughter. And all of this hurts her just as much.

 

“Then what should I do, Mom? Be happy? Because now I won’t be really betraying my bestfriend?” Tiffany asked her mother in between her sobs.

 

“That’s not it, sweetheart. You don’t need to feel happy for them, you also have all the right to feel hurt. All I want to tell you is, stop hurting yourself too much… and this, what you’re doing, is already getting out of hand, Tiffany… Maybe, you and Taeyeon weren’t really just destined for each other, so you have to stop thinking about her that way.”

 

“How, Mom? How can I do that? Tell me!” Tiffany unconsciously raised her voice at her mother and when she realized her mistake, she immediately calmed down and lunged herself at her mother and hug her as if clinging into her mother’s neck is her lifeline.

 

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry Mommy! I didn’t mean to scream at you!”

 

“Hush… it’s okay sweetheart, I understand. Hush now…”

 

Tiffany starts to relax in her mother’s arms when the latter began to slowly sway her like a baby in her arms.

 

“It will be alright… cry it all out… Mommy is here, for you… just promise me one thing… be strong, okay? If you truly believe that you and Taeyeon are meant to be then it will be, you and her will be with each other in the right time.”

 

Tiffany silently nods her head and continues to silently cry her heart out inside her mother’s arms.

 

 

--------

 

 

“I changed my mind! Marry me, Tiffany! I’m ready anytime you want now! I don’t even care if you don’t love like you use to! All I want is to stop seeing you like this! My God! You look like a living dead!”

 

Tiffany bitterly smiled at Jasper. She somehow felt thankful for him for still being on her side after all this mess that she created to herself.

 

“I’m sorry, Jas… you know I can’t accept that from you.”

 

Tiffany turned her focused back to the files that she was reading in her office when Jasper came barging in her office a few minutes ago.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter