Coward

Do you believe in Destiny?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten:

Coward

 

 

 

When Tiffany and Jasper were left alone inside the apartment, they only stayed quiet for the next few minutes, no one dared to strike up a conversation but Tiffany knew that if she want this to be over and done with, she had to say the first word.

 

“What are you doing here and who told you about me being here in Seoul?”

 

Tiffany kept a straight emotionless face as she blurted out her questions in one breath. She saw how Jasper flinched in his seat and how the man starts to nervously rubs his palm on his thighs, a very clear sign that he is seriously nervous.

 

“I-I want to see you…”

 

Tiffany can’t stop her lips from sarcastically smiling at Japer’s words.

 

“Really? Now you want to see me?”

 

Tiffany sarcastically asked back to Jasper who shoulders seemed to shrunk even lower from his torso. She waited for the next words or action her ex-fiancé would do and Tiffany’s patience was about to run out when the guy finally starts to raised his head up and carefully look straight into her eyes.

 

“Tiff… I’m sorry… but please hear me out first…”

 

Tiffany kept shut and her straight face, silently giving Jasper the signal to continue whatever it is that he wanted to say to her. She saw in her peripherals, how Jasper took a shaky deep breath and after that she began hearing his deep manly voice that she used to adore so much but now, it only made her irritated and her blood boiling with anger.

 

“After a month and a half that I’ve been away from you, I… I realized t-that… that it’s much harder for me to live my life without you. And also now I’m finally sure of myself that I can take on any kind of hardship and the responsibility that goes along with being married, just as long as I’m with you…”

 

Tiffany felt a slightly rough hands covered hers and she knows that a pair of pleading eyes were now staring at her face but she continues to keep her eyes in front of her living room wall as she tries to search her own heart if it still have the same feeling it had before when Jasper first told her that he wanted to marry her or the same pain it felt when he broke the engagement off or the relief and happiness now that she finally hears that the man finally realized her worth in his life.

 

But Tiffany felt nothing… or maybe it still hasn’t sink into her… but still, she never took this much time to figure out her feeling for Jasper before.

 

“And it took that long to finally realize yourself?”

 

Tiffany calmly asked Jasper, the bitterness is still laced on her voice.

 

“I really love you, Tiffany. I just really got confused and afraid because of everything that had happen to my own family. But now I’m truly ready, I’m a much better person now. I’ll do anything to win you back, Tiffany. I love you.”

 

Tiffany felt a slight tinge of happiness inside her heart as she heard Jasper’s confession to her but weirdly, those three words are hardly enough to erase all the pain and insecurities she had felt for the past month and a half. But none the less, she shifted her eyes to Jasper’s pleading ones and tried to give him a small smile.

 

“That’s… really nice to hear from you, Jasper. But honestly, I feel afraid now.”

 

Jasper was about to open his mouth to probably pleads to her again but his action was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. Tiffany wordlessly stood up from her seat and pulled her hands away from Jasper’s hold.

 

Tiffany’s breath hitch and her heart hammered in her chest as she saw the blinding smile of that person behind her door the moment she opened it up.

 

“Hi!!!”

 

Taeyeon happily greeted her with that huge smile on her face which Tiffany automatically returned with a smile. But the moment didn’t last when she remembered the person sitting inside her apartment waiting for her. Suddenly Tiffany felt like deer caught in the headlights.

 

“T-taeyeon.”

 

Tiffany stuttered by just saying out Taeyeon’s name, she can’t help but mentally scold herself yet again for acting and feeling like this towards the latter.

 

‘Tiffany not again…’

 

“W-why are you here?”

 

“Wasn’t Yeonseo here?”

 

“S-she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter