Chapter 29 - Noisy Ward

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Ryosuke POV

 

Since the day I put the watch on Sakura’s wrist, I started going back school and tuition so as to prepare for the upcoming University entrance examinations.

 

I took time off from work as I wanted to focus completely on the entrance examination these two weeks.

 

Other than the time I am in school or tuition, I spend my time in Sakura’s ward.

 

Oh, no, don’t get me wrong.

 

I am not spending my time wastefully, I have only made Sakura’s ward into my study room.

 

I find it calm and peaceful if Sakura is with me, so I moved all my study materials into her ward and each time I will stay in there and study till it is time for me to go home.

 

Soon, it is only one week to the examinations.

 

As usual, today I am heading for Sakura’s ward after school since I have no tuition tonight.

 

I opened the door and saw my mother hanging a coat on the wall hanger.

 

“........ Mother, what are you doing…?”

 

“As you can see, I’m hanging Sakura’s coat.”

 

“... But that isn’t Sakura’s coat…”

 

“This is a secret between us, I bought this coat for Sakura when we went shopping that day…”

 

“Oh…” My mother was smiling as she said, they must have had a fun shopping date that day…

 

Next, I see my mother walking up to Sakura and holding her right hand up.

 

“Sakura-chan… This is the first time I bought something for you, in order not to waste it, you must wake up before winter ends to wear the coat, alright…?” My mother was caressing Sakura’s hand gently…

 

“Mother… Sakura will wake up soon, I’m sure she will...” I went up to give my mother a hug. She must be finding it tough too, after all Sakura became like this because she wanted to save her.

 

“Ryosuke… Sakura will be fine… right?”

 

“Yeah… Of course… She will wake up when it’s time for her to blossom…”

 

…………...

 

Shortly after, my mother left to go back to work.

 

I am left alone with Sakura in the ward.

 

Right now, this is the place that calms me down the most.

 

As I look at Sakura’s condition getting better and better each day, I feel the time to Sakura’s awakening is getting nearer.

 

She doesn't need to rely on the oxygen mask anymore, the bruises on her face are slowly disappearing, her face colour is returning gradually, her lips are recovering back to the pinkness it used to be.

 

I took a dampened cotton bud to wet Sakura’s lips and it become a little red…

 

I miss the warm from those lips…

 

I slowly move my body forward subconsciously…

 

Yearning for her lips...

 

My lips was almost touching hers…

 

“Sakura…”

 

*BANGSSSS*

 

What happened?!?!

 

“SAKURAAAA-CHANNNN”

“SAKURAAAAA-CHANNNNN”

 

I got a shocked from the sudden noises and shoutings, I quickly moved my body away from Sakura and looked up, and it was something I wasn’t really appreciating to see…

 

“SAKURA-CHANNNN!!! THIS IS KEITO!!!”

 

“YUTO HERE!!!”

 

These two idiots, they gave me a scare…

 

“Ryosuke! What were you doing to Sakura just now?!?!” It was Keito…

 

“Yeah! Your face was so near to hers!!! Ah!!! Don't tell me you were trying to kiss her?!?!” It was Yuto in his anxious mode.

 

“So what if I am? Sakura’s lips is mine in the first place.” Yeah I was trying to piss them off.

 

“You despicable lad!”

 

“Yeah! How could you do this?!?!”

 

They continued scolding me but I can't be bothered to refute them.

 

“If you’re done with the scoldings please leave, I need to study.”

 

“Huh… you are studying here in Sakura’s room?” Keito came and looked at my study materials.

 

“Do you have any issues with this?”

 

“....... No… in this case I’m studying here too, and also to prevent you from doing anymore funny things to Sakura.”

 

Wait, what did Keito just said…?

 

“Ah include me as well!”

 

This time it is Yuto!

 

WHAT?!?! NO WAY I AM LETTING THEM DISTURB THE TIME THAT BELONGS TO JUST SAKURA AND ME!!!

 

“No way! This room belongs to Sakura and me! I’m not letting you guys stay here!!!”

 

“I don’t care!”

 

“Yeah! Sakura doesn't belong to just you!!”

 

“You idiots…” I was trying to rebuke...

 

“SHUT UP!!!!”

 

A different voice was heard shouting among our manly ones…

 

Who is this…?

 

The three of us turned and looked at the door, it was the nurse…

 

“If you guys are going to continue making so much noises here I’m chasing all of you out!!!”

 

“...............”

 

The three of us kept silent immediately…

 

“Good, stay as quiet as this. I’m changing clothes for Sakura so please get out.”

 

And we were made to wait outside the room…

 

It feels as if we were the naughty students in class who were being punished to stand outside of the classroom.

 

“Hey, doesn't this feel familiar…?” Keito broke the silence.

 

“Yeah it does…” Then Yuto…

 

I smiled, “yeah, except this time there isn't a hammer balloon…”

 

The three of us recalled the scene where Sakura was hammering us with the balloon hammer and scolding us for quarrelling in the store…

 

Sakura, there are many people missing you…

 

Can you feel it…?

 

………………………………

 

And so, for the following week, Sakura’s ward got livelier, with that two idiots joining me to study in her room… Occasionally my parents and Naito would come spend their time together in the room as well.

 

The room was filled with many talkings and laughters, I believe that Sakura can hear all of us. She definitely can, and she will wake up so as not to let us down.

 

On the day of the university entrance examination, I came to Sakura’s ward.

 

“Sakura… I’m going for the examination now… I’ll definitely make it to Tokyo University. By then, as what you did in the dream, you must accompany me to check the board of passing examinees. But before that, I need you to cheer me on…”

 

My hands went to Sakura’s hair which was getting longer day by day, my hands moved down to her pinky cheeks, my fingertips touching her lips…

 

I landed a kiss on Sakura…

 

“Sakura, I love you…”

 

I smiled at Sakura after stealing a kiss from her. I am despicable I know, but I don’t care anymore.

 

I love this girl, I love her so much, and I want her to know it…

 

“I’m going then for my examinations…” I bid goodbye to Sakura and left for the examinations hall.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

After the examinations, I left the examination hall, as I am walking past the streets, I took a look at the sakura trees. They have started blooming, there were branches of sakura which dropped on the floor, I picked up one and went back to Sakura’s ward.

 

“Sakura! I’m back!! Look, I brought back a branch of sakura flowers.” I placed the sakura branch in Sakura’s left hand.

 

“It’s time for you to wake up too, right? Sakura… I’m missing you, I’m missing you so much. Would you wake up… for me…?”

 

I felt my eyes becoming wet. No matter how much I tell myself to stay strong, everytime I come into Sakura’s room and see her still in her sleep. The sadness still come hitting me uncontrollably.

 

*Drips*

 

It was dripping down, my tears were dripping down non-stop.

 

“Sakura, sorry. Sorry for crying… It’s not your fault…” I Sakura’s face gently.

 

“I’m going to wash my face, because I’m sure you prefer to see my handsome face more, right?” I smiled and landed a kiss on Sakura’s forehead.

 

After I came back from the washroom, I sat beside Sakura. I was about to hold her left hand,

 

“......... wait… this is weird…”

 

I frowned…

 

This looks different from just now...

 

Sakura…

 

Her hands...

 

Is holding onto the branch of sakura!!!

 

Though it was very minor, but I could still see it!!!

 

When I first placed the branch of sakura in her hand, her fingertips weren’t touching the branch!

 

Yet right now...

 

She is holding on to it!!!

 

“Sakura!! Can you hear me???”

 

I took the branch of sakura away and held Sakura’s hand,

 

!!!!!!!!

 

I can feel it…

 

I can feel her strength!!!

 

“Sakura!!! I’m here!!! I’m Ryosuke!!!”

 

“...........”

 

No…

 

Response…

 

I can't give up so soon!!!

 

“Sakura!! Open your eyes!!! Look at me!!!”

 

“.................. uh…..”

 

I heard something!!!

 

I look closer at Sakura’s face...

 

It was moving!!!

 

Her eyelids!!!

 

Is moving!!!

 

“......... uh….. Ryo…”

 

My tears were dripping again…  

 

They were dripping down uncontrollably…

 

“..... su...ke…”

 

“Sakura!!!!! Ryosuke is here!!!” My voice was cracking hard due to my crying.

 

“....... Don’t…… cry…”

 

I can see it…

 

I can see Sakura’s half-opened eyes…!!!!!

 

“Sakura!!!!!”

 

My tears were dripping non-stop on her face…

 

Sakura opened her eyes almost fully,

 

“....... silly boy…… I’m……. back…”

 

“.............. umm……!! Welcome back……!!! Sakura!!!!” My cries got louder and louder.

 

I cried like I never had before, not holding back any of my emotions.

 

“Don’t cry…” Sakura was caressing my face and wiping off my tears…

 

I miss this warm…

 

I miss it so much!!!

 

SAKURA IS BACK!!!!!

 

Later on, the doctor performed some checks on Sakura and told me that she is recovering well.

 

“Sakura! How are you feeling?” I quickly went up to check on Sakura after the doctor left.

 

“I’m fine… I just feel restless, probably because I’m hungry…” Sakura gave me a smile.

 

“Silly girl, I’ll go get you some food…” I was about to stand up and leave but Sakura held my hands.

 

“No… Don't… leave…” I turned to look at Sakura, she looked scared…

 

I guessed so, after all she has been through such traumatizing experience…

 

“......... I’ll get my mother to bring you some food then… Don't be afraid, I’ll be here, I’ll be with you forever…” I held on to Sakura’s hands, tightly…

 

“....... Ryosuke… You know? I saw my parents when I was sleeping… I walked towards them and held their hands… I thought they are here to fetch me… But they pushed me back… I was devastated, I thought they were abandoning me for the second time again. It was then I heard your voice… I heard you calling me again and again, I heard your crying voice one time after another. I…  remembered… I can't abandon you yet…” Sakura was on the verge of tears…

 

“........” I sat on the bed and hugged her while staying silent.

 

“Then I begin to hear more and more voices, your voice, your parents, Naito-san, Keito, Yuto… I could feel, everyone is waiting for me to wake up…”

 

“..........”

 

“Eventually it got so noisy that I wanted to wake up and whack you guys again… haha...”

 

“........ Sakura, you can whack us as much as you want from now…”

 

“Silly boy… I wouldn't bear to…” Sakura was patting my head…

 

“.......” Sakura left my embrace.

 

“Because I love you too much…” Sakura moved towards me and gave me a kiss…

 

“Umm…” I was enjoying this sensations that I missed so much…

 

“.............”

 

The room was quiet, yet to me, it was a peaceful and fortunate quietness…

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

ただ前へ - Hey!Say!7

 

目の前を塞いでいるのは 壁じゃなくて扉なんだ

The obstacles in front of us, are not walls but doors

おそれないで 焦らないで

Let’s not be afraid or panic

君だけの明日を その手で掴むのさ

You can catch hold of the future that belongs to you soon

 

ただ前へ ただ前へ 僕ら歩いてゆこう

Let’s go forward, move forward, we’ll walk together

問題は山積みさ 悩みも消えないだろう

The piling up problems and the worries won’t disappear

でもあと一歩 あと一歩 進む道の先で

But just one step, one more step, we’ll continue walking to the end of this path

ヨロコビもカナシミも やがて花となるでしょう

Both happiness and sadness will, eventually blossom into flowers

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s Note: Finally, Sakura has woke up!!!!! This is the second last chapter… Will there be a happy ending for Ryosuke and Sakura…?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------