Chapter 9 - Living Together

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Sakura POV

 

“.........”

 

“Sakura, tell me…”

 

Ryosuke is asking me to tell him the truth, can I hide further from him…?

 

...........Because……… I know you since you were young…

 

That was what I wanted to tell him, but… I can’t bring myself to say it. I was afraid he will continue with his questions, and eventually I have to let him know how his father died. I’m scared, I’m scared he will leave me after knowing the truth… I decided to hide from him…

 

“.......Naito-san approached me few days back… And that’s how I got to know about him and your mother.” This is true, although not 100% true… At least I’m not lying… right…?

 

“Naito…? Why did he come to look for you…?”

 

“Remember the day Naito-san brought back for you the omurice I made? That was when he first approached me. He’s your butler, right? And I got information about your family from him… because I wanted to help you...”

 

“.......” Ryosuke went into deep-thinking.

 

“Alright, don’t waste anymore time! Or else you’ll be late for school!” I interrupted Ryosuke’s thinking and hopefully he won’t probe too much.

 

“...Alright…”

 

Somehow I managed to convince Ryosuke…

 

Ryosuke went for school with my bento after having a shower. And I was preparing to go for work as well. I prayed to god, I pray that I can stay by Ryosuke’s side a little longer…

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryosuke POV

 

I can’t stop thinking of what exactly happened… Sakura doesn’t seem to be lying, but I feel that she is hiding some stuffs from me… But according to what Sakura said, it seems like what Naito would do as well...

 

“Morning! Ryosuke!” Yuto called out for me.

 

“Ah, Morning, Yuto.”

 

“Did you manage to talk with your mother?”

 

“Huh, how did you know…”

 

“Keito and I joined in Sakura to plead to your mother the other day. It hurts me to see Sakura fighting alone…”

 

“............”

 

“............ Though I’m not willing to admit it, Sakura does care a lot about you…”

 

“I………….”

 

“But if it’s you, I’m willing to give up Sakura to you!”

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

 

……………..Sakura doesn’t like me….. right….?

 

“Ryosuke, take good care of Sakura, alright? I’ll snatch her back from you if you let her down.”

 

“.............She doesn’t like me, isn’t it…”

 

“Ryosuke, are you stupid? If she don’t like you she won’t do so much for you, what she is doing is already much more than what friends would do.”

 

“...................”

 

Yes… I don’t understand why Sakura is doing so much for me too… We only know each other for a week or so… But she ever mentioned that her life is tightly bonded to mine… What does she mean…?

 

……………….

 

I daydreamed for the whole morning in school thinking of Sakura… I went to the rooftop to have my lunch alone. I opened up the bento that Sakura made for me, it was all my favourite dishes… Sakura, she knows much more about me than I know of her… I want to know more about her…

 

“Wow Ryosuke! This is the first time I see you with bento!! Who made this for you??” Yuto appeared out of nowhere.

 

“Yuto! Stop scaring people like that!!”

 

“What? I’ve been waving to you but you were in deep thoughts and didn’t notice me…”

 

“.............Really…?” I totally didn’t notice Yuto’s presence.

 

“I know, you’re thinking of Sakura, right?”

 

“!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?”

 

“Ryosuke, you may not have realized, but you’ve been calling Sakura’s name since just now.”

 

“.................” DID I?? I can’t remember!! Arrghh!!

 

“Did she make this for you?”

 

“.............yeah…”

 

“Ryosuke, I sort of envy you…… yet I don’t…”

 

“............Why are you contradicting yourself…”

 

“Haha! Maybe I am…”

 

…………… At this moment, I decided something…

 

That night, I went home and packed my luggage, and left a letter for my mum.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mother,

I’ll be moving out from today, I will become someone reliable before coming back to this house again.

Sorry, and thank you.

                                 Your son, Ryosuke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Naito, take care of my mum for me while I’m not around.”

 

“Yes, Master, I’ll be waiting for you to come back.”

 

I left the house, and walk towards a new path in my life...

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

もう君だけは離さない - KinKi Kids

 

苦しい時はいつも 君がいてくれたね

Whenever I feel painful, you are always beside me

奇跡の出逢い あれから どれくらい 経ったんだろう

It was a miracle that we met, how long has it been since then?

そう 思い出した あの時の 君の優しい顔

Yes, I remembered, during that time, that gentle face of yours

 

温かい手料理 君のその笑顔で

The warm dishes you made, your smile

「頑張らなくてもいいよ。」 そう言って 僕を見てた

When you looked at me and said ‘You don’t have to work so hard’

 

もう君だけは離さない ずっとそばにいて欲しい

I don’t wish to leave you, please stay by my side forever

君だけを見つめてる いつもそばにいて欲しい

I’ll only look at you, so please stay with me forever

いつか 年を重ねて行っても 愛してくよ

Even if one day we grow old, I’ll still love you

愛してくよ

I’ll love you forever

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura POV

 

I went home as usual after my work, still thinking of Ryosuke, I wondered if he had spoken with his mother yet… I didn’t have the chance to ask him yet because I was sick the day after I went to look for his mother.

 

When I was about to go for a shower, I heard my doorbell rang, I wonder who is it.

 

I opened the door, and saw Ryosuke,

 

“Ryosuke, why are you here? What’s that…? A luggage?” I saw a huge luggage beside Ryosuke.

 

“I’m moving in from today.”

 

“HUH????????”

 

“You asked me to talk to my mother isn’t it? And the conclusion is I’m given one year till I graduate from high school to prove to her my changes for a better person. So up till then, you are responsible for me.”

 

“What...?” Is Ryosuke joking? He wants to stay with me?

 

“If you don’t allow, then I’ll have to sleep in the streets till I can find a place to stay…” Ryosuke gave me a puppy-like face.

 

“...................What’s with that..., you already know I won’t reject you from the start right?”

 

“Hehe~ Because you said you would protect me, didn’t you?”

 

*BLUSH*

 

I feel my face getting hot……….. What should I say…..?

 

“Sakura…”

 

“..........What…?”

 

“I’m hungry!!!”

 

I chuckled at this guy, for the first time he actually gave in to his real feelings. I could see slight changes in Ryosuke… I decided to help Ryosuke to become a better person. Not for me, but for himself, and his family.

 

Ryosuke and I started living together, and he used the earnings he got from the part-time job to attend additional tuition class after school. He said he is aiming to get into Tokyo University to study about management, in order to take-over his family business.

 

While he’s working hard, all I could do was only supporting behind him, making food for him to replenish energy, and encouraging him whenever he faces problem in his studies.

 

Things seem to be going fine…

 

Or not…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: A rather short chapter I guess. XD The first is coming soon in the next chapter, so stay tuned! And I haven’t had time to work on my third fanfic, I have a few ideas, but I need to sort them properly before proper writing. Meanwhile, i’ll post this fanfic gradually!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------