Chapter 27 - Sakura, My Time is Yours From Now On

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Ryosuke POV

 

Since the accident took place, I stayed by Sakura’s side twenty-four seven, the only time I leave her is when I go to the washroom. Because I want make sure I am around her when she wakes up.

 

“Ryosuke, go home and take a rest. I’ll take care of Sakura.” It was my mother again.

 

For the past weeks, everyone has been nagging at me to take a rest. Of course I understand their good intentions., but I just can't accept all these happenings within such a short time. Sakura was still perfectly fine just weeks ago. How did she become like this suddenly?

 

“Ryosuke, you do know that Sakura wouldn't want to see you skipping school and tuition because of her right?” This time it was my stepfather.

 

“......... Just leave me alone for the time being…”

 

I feel terrified enough. Whenever Sakura leaves my sight she meets with troubles. I can't take it anymore…

 

“Are you going to forget what you promised me then?” It was my mother.

 

I didn't forget, I promised her I would become one whom she would approve and be proud of.

 

I remember, but, I can't move on. I just can't…

 

I know fairly well the University examinations is in two weeks’ time, but…

 

“If what you are doing now is what you think Sakura would be happy to see, then fine, I’ll not bother you anymore.” My mother left a harsh sentence on me and left the room.

 

My tears dropped by itself, the droplets fell on Sakura’s slender arms.

 

“Sakura… Wake up… I beg you…” I laid my head beside Sakura’s and cried even harder.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ryosuke! Quick!  Let’s get to the front to check the board!”

 

Sakura was talking anxiously to me. She looks so healthy with vibrant face colour. She was standing in front of me and stretching her hands out for mine to hold onto.

 

“Alright!” I held onto that warm pair of hands and we began running.

 

“Ryosuke! Your number is 3277 right? “

 

“Yes!”

 

……………

 

“Ryosuke! It's there! Your number is there!” Sakura turned to look at me with her big pair of shining eyes.

 

“Where is it?!?!” I turned to look at her cute face and asked anxiously.

 

“There! The third column! Your number is second from the last row!” Sakura was pointing at the board.

 

“Ahh!! It is! I saw it too! Sakura! I made it! I made it to Tokyo University!!” I hugged Sakura tightly in my arms upon knowing the good news.

 

“Yes! Congratulations!! You did it!” Sakura was patting my back while in my embrace.

 

“Sakura, I love you… if it weren't for you I wouldn't be here…” I moved Sakura out of my hug and gave her a kiss.

 

At the same time, I felt a drop of tear flowing down my cheeks…

 

“Ryosuke, I love you too…”

 

I see Sakura vanishing into the air after she said that.

 

I wanted to grab her but I couldn't!!!

 

I started shouting her name, endlessly...

 

“Sakura!!!!!!” I shouted loudly, and next thing I opened my eyes and saw Sakura still lying motionless in front of me.

 

Ah… It was all a dream… Should I be glad that it was just a dream…?

 

As I took a closer look at Sakura’s sleeping face, I saw something shiny on her cheeks. My hands went up to touch them…

 

It feels wet…

 

It feels warm and wet…

 

Is that…

 

Her tears…?

 

Sakura was tearing…?

 

This can't be happening…

 

“Sakura! Can you hear me??”

 

“..........”

 

There was no response...

 

There was still no reactions from Sakura…

 

…………….

 

Wait…...

 

I came to realize something…

 

This dream isn't just purely a dream…

 

It was Sakura’s way of expressing herself to me while in this state…!!!

 

“Ryosuke… all the best…  for your university entrance examination…”

 

The last words of Sakura before she went into coma rang in my head.

 

“Sakura…”

 

“I understood…”

 

“I got your words…”

 

“I will listen to you…”

 

“So in return you must listen to me and wake up quickly alright?”

 

“Sakura… Wait for me… I’ll be back soon…”

 

I left for home after weeks of staying in the hospital. The first thing I did was to go for a proper shower, after that I went back to my room. I took a look at the calendar on my desk, and I realized that today is March 13…

 

“Naito!!”

 

“Yes? Master?”

 

“Can you pass me ‘that’ watch?”

 

“Yes! Master!”

 

“.................” I opened up the box to look at the watch, I smiled…

 

“Master… I still remember that day, you were yelling non-stop after witnessing what happened to your father… Then you lost your voice, you lost your emotions, but you were still holding tightly onto this watch. It was until you lost your consciousness, I took over the responsibility to keep this watch for you. Thereafter you lost your memories, but at that time I believe firmly that one day you’ll come and ask for this watch back. I’m really delighted that this is happening right now…”

 

“Naito… I’m really thankful to you… I’ll not let anyone down again… I’ll be strong this time, and get past all these obstacles…”

 

“Master…”

 

“Naito, prepare the car, I’m going out to meet someone important soon.”

 

“Yes! Master!”

 

I put on my suit attire, and departed my home to meet that someone important to me…

 

…………………………………….

 

*Clicks*

 

I entered the room, preparing to greet the person I am going to meet now.

 

“Hi Miss Sakura! This is Ryosuke, the Ryosuke that belongs to you and only you. I went home for a shower just now, do I smell good? I’m also wearing a suit now, do I look smart? The previous time when you saw me in suit you said I looked dashing right? So you should wake up soon and experience such a Ryosuke with your own eyes personally!”

 

“.........................”

 

The room was only filled with my voice…

 

But I was still smiling…

 

“Anyway Miss Sakura, what I’ve just said is not the main point. There’s something more important that I want to tell you.”

 

“....................”

 

“In a few minutes time, it’ll be March 14, do you know what day it is? It is called the White Day. I think you know it since you are always so smart…”

 

“...................”

 

“Remember you gave me your hand-made chocolates eleven years ago? It’s time for me to return you a gift on this white day. I’m sorry for being so late, I’m sorry for letting you wait so long for my reply. I will give you my reply now...”

 

I opened up the box and took out the Sakura petal watch.

 

I put on the watch on Sakura’s left wrist.

 

“As I have thought, this watch suits you so much… Don’t you think I have good taste ever since I was a kid?”

 

I continued smiling to Sakura…

 

“Sakura… By putting this watch on your wrist, it only signifies something…”

 

“.................”

 

“From now on… My time is yours…”

 

“.................”

 

“I’ll fully be belonged to you…”

 

“.................”

 

“Sakura… I love you… I love you deeply… Can you feel my love…?”

 

I held Sakura’s left hand tightly, caressing her wrist which has the watch on…

 

I planted a kiss on her forehead…

 

As my face leave hers slowly,

 

I saw something shiny again…

 

…………………..

 

My hands reached out for it…

 

It was something warm and wet again…

 

Sakura is tearing again…!!!

 

Sakura… she is hearing me…!!!

 

She can hear me!!!!

 

She’ll wake up, she’ll definitely wake up…!!!

 

“Sakura… You’ve waited for me for ten years…”

 

“This time round, it’ll be my turn…”

 

“I’ll wait for you…”

 

“Even if it’s till eternity…”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Anniversary - KinKi Kids

 

星の数ほどいる 人のなかでボクは

The amount of people around us is just as much as the amount of stars in the sky

偶然、あの日出逢い 恋に落ちたよ

Yet I met into you that day, and fell in love with you

 

愛が苦しみだと もし教えられても

Even if you tell me this love would be painful

ボクは迷わずに キミを選んだだろう

I’ll still choose you without any doubts

 

なんか不思議なんだ キミがボクを好きな

I still find it unbelievable, that you’ll like me

理由がわからないよ…そんなもんかな?

You said there’s no reason, so I guess love is like that?

 

キミがいるだけで ありふれた日々が

With just you around, even the most common day

鮮やかに彩られ 愛が満ちてゆくよ

Would become colourful, with overflowing love

この気持ちだけは 忘れたくないから

This is the only feeling, that I don’t wish to forget

何気ない今日と云う日が ボクらの記念日

Without knowing, today has become our Anniversary

 

「キミヲアイシテル」そんなひとことが

The words ‘I love you’

飾らずに言えたなら どんなに楽なんだろう

If I can say them without holding back, it’ll be great

もう二度とキミを 泣かせたくないから

I don’t wish to make you cry anymore

何気ない今日と云う日が ボクらの記念日

Without knowing, today has become our Anniversary

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s Note:

March 14, one of the important days between Ryosuke and Sakura… The day which changed their lives, yet is also the day which signifies their love for each other.

 

It’s getting near the end of this fanfic, I hope the readers are enjoying so far!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------