Chapter 12 - The Planned Accident

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Ryosuke POV

 

“Sakura…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can you tell me what you know about me?”

 

“.............”

 

“I want to know, it’s my past right? I have the rights to know.”

 

“.......... I…know you since ten years ago…”

 

“...... Why can’t I remember anything?”

 

“Because you lost your memories.”

 

“.......What?”

 

Sakura told me everything, about how I used to always run to her when I got angry with my parents, how she used to make omurice for me, and that I lost my memories after witnessing my father’s death, and after the accident my family moved abroad...

 

At first I couldn’t believe what she said, but after deep thinking, everything seems more logical. The reason why I don’t have any memories of me before I was seven, why I cried eating the omurice Sakura made for me, why I always feel a sense of familiarity around Sakura.

 

Suddenly, I recalled something…

 

“Sakura…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Previously you said you wanted to protect someone, and that someone lost his memories, and you said you have found him, and the picture in your wallet...”

 

“......Yes, that person is you, Ryosuke…”

 

“.........Sakura… You’re so silly…”

 

“........ Ryosuke, as long as you’re happy, I don’t mind doing anything…”

 

“Sakura… Can I move back?”

 

“Silly… Of course…”

 

That night, I moved back to Sakura’s apartment, the relationship between Sakura and I became more bonded. After knowing my past, I felt relieved. At least I’m not the only one who is being kept in the dark. Though I am praying that one day I can fully regain my lost memories...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day…

 

I woke up feeling relieved, though Sakura’s apartment isn’t huge, it’s warm, and most importantly, I know that Sakura is with me. I turned to look at the bed, she’s not on her bed, where is she?

 

I turned to look at the kitchen, she isn’t there too, I stood up and walked towards the bathroom, she isn’t inside too, I continued walking to the kitchen, Sakura was sitting down there!

 

“Sakura!! Are you alright?” I ran up to check on Sakura.

 

“Ah Ryosuke… I’m fine, my legs just gave way again… Don’t worry it was just a light fall.”

 

“Why were you doing here? Ah! You’re making bento again? You’re so stubborn!” I carried Sakura up and placed her on her bed.

 

“I’m fine… And you should prepare for school, the bento for you is on the table… AH!”

 

I hugged Sakura again, it hurts me to see how much she does for me. And all I was doing was just making her upset.

 

“Sakura… Thank you… Please wait for me to grow up, alright?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

I moved slightly away from Sakura and looked into her eyes,

 

“I’ll grow up and become a reliable man, one whom you can depend on, I’ll make you the most fortunate woman in the world.”

 

“............” Sakura was blushing really badly, she’s so cute!!!

 

“..........I love you, Sakura…” And I kissed Sakura again, a light yet full of love kiss.

 

“Ryosuke… I’ll wait, I’ll be here with you forever…”

 

“...... You said it alright? You cannot leave me anymore, ok?”

 

“... Ok…” Sakura smiled and said.

 

“Yosh! I’m gonna start working hard!!! I’ll work hard to get into Tokyo University first!”

 

“Fight on!!” Sakura cheered on for me.

 

And so, I continued with school, part-time job, and tuition to work towards my goal.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Soon, it was Summer, I remembered my mother’s birthday is coming up. I decided to buy a gift and cake for her to surprise her.

 

Sakura helped me to choose a nice scarf and cake for my mother. The night just before her birthday, I went back home and wanted to surprise her.

 

“Master! You’re back!”

 

“Shhh Naito, don’t be so loud.”

 

“What happened, Master?”

 

“I wanna give that old woman a birthday surprise, I’m going to hide the present in her room. Oh yes, here’s the cake, remember to light it up at 12am later on and bring it upstairs, alright?”

 

“Ohh Master, you remembered Madam’s birthday!! I got your instructions! Leave it to me!”

 

And I went into the old woman’s bedroom, and placed my present on her table.

 

“...What’s this?” I saw a suitcase on the table, out of curiosity, I opened up to see.

 

“..................What’s with this huge amount of cash?!?!”

 

*Clicks*

 

I heard the doors opening, that old woman is back so early? I quickly hid under the table before she sees me.

 

“I’m warning you, this is the last time I will be giving you money. I’m not going to get threatened by you again!”

 

It’s that old woman’s voice, who is she talking to? Who is she giving the money to? Who is threatening her?

 

“I’m coming over now to pass you the money. I hope this is the last time I will be seeing you.”

 

That old woman walked over to the desk, my heart was pumping badly, I was afraid she’ll found me out. But she left soon afterwards.

 

When I heard the doors closed, I came out and saw the suitcase on the table gone. She probably is taking that big amount of cash to pass to the person who is threatening her. I decided to follow her to see who exactly is threatening her.

 

I went out of the room and was going to follow her.

 

“Master! Madam is going out, what should we do?”

 

“Naito! Get the car! Quick!”

 

“Ah… Yes Master!!”

 

I got Naito to follow the old woman’s car without letting her find out that we were following her.

 

“Master… Why are we following Madam?”

 

“.............She’s being threatened by someone, I’m going to check out who is the culprit.”

 

“....Threatened??”

 

“Yeah, I overheard the phone conversation while in her room just now, and she’s bringing a huge amount of cash to pass to the culprit.”

 

“Master, should we call the police?”

 

“..............We should take a look at the situation first…”

 

Soon, that old woman’s car stopped near a warehouse in the outskirt, I got Naito to stop the car further away, and I alighted to follow her into the warehouse.

 

“Master! Be careful!”

 

“Alright! I’ll give you a call if anything happens and you’ll call the police straightaway, alright?”

 

I took a look at the surrounding of the warehouse before finding my way into it without getting found out by anyone. I managed to hide in a corner, and saw one middle-aged man standing near the window. I looked left and saw the old woman walking towards him, holding the suitcase in her hands.

 

“Here it is, I remind you, this is the last time I am giving you money.”

 

“Alright alright, you’re so naggy. To be honest, I can’t stand rich people like you, when you need someone for help, you talk so nicely and gently. When you’re done with them, you change your tone and attitude towards them.”

 

“That’s because you didn’t do a good job! I asked you to knock down Sakura, yet you took the life of my husband away!!”

 

………………………….WHAT DID I JUST HEAR???? SAKURA…..??????????

 

“Hey hey, you can’t blame me, my car was almost hitting that poor girl but your husband chose to dash out and save her.”

 

“If you were quicker, you would have knocked down Sakura first right?!?! I regret placing such an important task to you.”

 

“Come on, get over it. Do you need my help in getting rid of her again? I promise to do a proper job for you this time round.”

 

“No thanks! I’m leaving!”

 

That old woman left the scene, leaving me stunned with what I have just heard…

 

The accident that killed my father… was a planned accident which was supposed to kill Sakura? And the mastermind is… my own mother…?

 

I can’t believe this…..

 

As the old woman opens the door to her car, I walked and stood in front of her, making sure she can see me.

 

“................Ryo...suke….. Why are you here…? That old woman spoke with a trembling voice.

 

“Why are you so shocked seeing me? Aren’t you my mother?” I said with sarcasm, a mother who plans to kill people I cherish, causing me to lose my father and almost losing Sakura. Is she really my mother?

 

“... Since when have you been here…?” That old woman is panicking.

 

“Ever since you reached this warehouse.”

 

“.................So you’ve…”

 

“YES I HEARD EVERYTHING. I heard how my own mother is a murderer of my father!”

 

“Ryosuke! WAIT! I can explain!!”

 

“WHAT IS THERE TO EXPLAIN?!?!”

 

“I did that, because I loved you too much! I can't stand you getting mesmerized by Sakura!”

 

“Don't push the blame on me! You were the problem to begin with! If you hadn't always force me to perform up to your standards, I wouldn't have hated the family so much and run away from home non-stop!”

 

“.......Ryosuke… I know it's all my fault, can you, can you forgive me?” That old woman held onto my hands, yet all I felt was disgust.

 

“... I’m not sure if I can, continue calling someone who tries to kill someone just because she doesn't like her, a mother.”

 

“.......Ryosuke, please, please forgive me!”

 

I didn't want to listen to her anymore. I went to Naito and got him to send me back to Sakura’s home. I want to apologize to her, for all the stupid things my own mother did, and apologise for the stupid me, who mistaken her for something she wasn't responsible for.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Back in Ryosuke’s home…

 

“Madam, are you alright?”

 

“Naito, give me some time alone…”

 

“Alright… By the way, Master was back today to celebrate your birthday for you… He bought for you a present and a cake. I’ve brought the cake up for you… This is probably not the right time to say, but happy birthday. I’m sure that was what Master wanted to say to you too.”

 

“Ryosuke… he remembers my birthday…?”

 

“Yes, Madam, give Master some time. I’m sure he’ll forgive you…”

 

“......”

 

“I’ll take my leave then…”

 

Ryosuke’s mother opened the present and ate the cake.

 

“This brat… This scarf and cake is nice…”

 

Ryosuke’s mother celebrated her birthday with tears, tears of both joy and sadness...

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura POV

 

“Ryosuke? You're back early! Aren't you supposed to celebrate auntie’s birthday?”

 

“Sakura…”

 

“Ah!” Ryosuke gave me a tight hug, he seems weird…

 

“What happened?” I patted on his back.

 

“Sakura, I’m sorry…”

 

“Why are you apologizing?”

 

Ryosuke held me by my shoulders,

 

“Sakura, I hope you won't get a shock from what I’m going to say…”

 

“...... You sound serious…”

 

“It is… The accident which took my dad’s life, was an intentional murder my mother arranged to take your life. I…”

 

“Ryosuke, you… How did you find out about this…?”

 

“My mum was threatened by the man she engaged ten years ago, I followed her earlier and found out about this scary truth…”

 

“.................... Ryosuke, don’t blame your mother, she just loves you too much.”

 

“........Sakura, why don't you seem surprised over this truth? Don’t tell me you know this long ago?”

 

“......I……..” Yes, Ryosuke’s father confessed and apologized to me when he was knocked down. He found out about this planned accident by Ryosuke’s mother and came to save me.

 

“.......Sakura….. Please… can you don’t hide anymore things from me…? I want to know everything! Please tell me!!!”

 

“.......... Ryosuke… Regarding this, your father told me after he got knocked down by the car…”

 

“.........................Why didn’t you tell me about it? Why did you choose to let me misunderstand you???”

 

“I………… can’t bring it to mouth…” I really couldn’t make the relationship between Ryosuke and his mother even worse.

 

“…….. Why are you so silly? Oh yes… how did your parents passed away? Was my mother part of the cause?!?!”

 

“!!!!!!!!!!!” Why did Ryosuke bring this up…? I don’t want to lie to Ryosuke, yet I don’t want to further ruin the relationship between his mother and him now.

 

“Sakura! Please…” Ryosuke is begging me with tears in his eyes.

 

“My parents… were retrenched from their jobs from your mother’s instructions… And we had a hard time surviving. Till they decided to plan a suicide so that I can retrieve their insurance savings after they died…” As I tell the story, I feel my eyes getting warm.

 

“............Sakura……..Sorry… I’m sorry for making you think of it again, but thanks for telling me. I’m sorry, you’ve been through so much because of me… I…”

 

“NO Ryosuke! It’s not your fault. It was never your fault…”

 

“Sakura… I love you, I’ll dote on you from now on…”

 

Ryosuke came forward to hug me and kiss me again. It was a gentle yet passionate kiss. The kiss ended and start again repeatedly, I feel Ryosuke’s arms holding my body firmly, and gradually he moved me towards my bed, his strong arms, still holding me tightly, placed me gently on the bed. The next moment, I realize we are both on the bed. Is ‘it’ going to happen…?

 

I feel afraid of what is going to take place… Yet I know Ryosuke is feeling really terrible now, he needs warm, and I want to be the one who would be by his side when he is at his most insecure moment. He must be really upset to know what his mother had done, he needs to vent it out. I decided to let him do what he wants to…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

永遠 - KinKi Kids

 

無駄に強がるたびにキミを いつも不安にさせてた

My stubbornness always make you worry

こんな男ではあるけれど 誰より アイシテイル

Although I’m such a man, I love you more than anyone else

 

いつからだろう恋から愛へと 変わっていったのは

When did this affection become love?

 

永遠にキミとふたりで 掌を取りあいながら

I want to hold hands with you till forever

ゆっくりゆっくりでいいから

We can go slowly

焦らず 共に行こう

There’s no rush, let’s walk together

ふたりのなかには幾千の星が 生まれ瞬くよ

There are million of stars shining between us

キミとふたりで 永遠に…

I want us to be together, till eternity...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: A shocking truth that Ryosuke has found out, and the next chapter is… going to be a matured one. XD

 

Just watched Ansatsu Kyosu 2 Movie in my country today!!! OMG Ryosuke was so hot!!! Especially towards the end!!! Can’t wait to watch the movie a second time again!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------