Chapter 14 - Status Changed

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Sakura POV

 

I woke up feeling slight pain around my lower body, I guess it was due to yesterday’s vigorous exercise.

 

“Sakura, are you feeling alright? Do you feel pain?” Ah! Ryosuke is awake before me.

 

“Ah Ryosuke… You’re awake early…”

 

“How are you feeling? You were frowning just now.”

 

“Hmm… I feel slight pain…”

 

“...Sorry…” Ryosuke patted my head…

 

“It’s alright…” I smiled back to Ryosuke.

 

“You have no work today right?”

 

“Er.... yes…”

 

“.........Shall we… go on a date?”

 

“.........um…” I nodded my head.

 

“From now onwards, I’m your boyfriend, and you’re my girlfriend. Ok?”

 

“..........Ok…” I smiled back at this silly boy.

 

Ryosuke went for school first while I prepare myself for my first date ever in my life. I flipped through my wardrobe and found that I have nothing but t-shirt and jeans. There is nothing proper I could wear to a date. I decided to go shop for new clothes before meeting Ryosuke...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryosuke POV

 

“Ahhh Why does time pass so slow? It’s only 11am…” I was ranting to Yuto who was sitting beside me in class.

 

“Why do you say so out of nowhere? Do you have something on later?”

 

“Hehe~ I have a date with Sakura!!!” I was feeling proud about it although I shouldn’t behave like this in front of Yuto but I just can’t control my excited feelings.

 

“... Are you together with Sakura already?”

 

“... Yeah, we are officially couple from today...” I blushed after saying this.

 

“Ryosuke! Take good care of Sakura, ok?” Yuto patted me on my back, encouraging me.

 

“I will!!” I am really really thankful to Yuto, he is really a very good friend to me.

 

Finally it was time to end school for today!! As Yuto and I walked towards the school gate, we saw a few cluster of crowds.

 

“Who is she?? She looks so cute!!”

“Yeah!! Which school is she from??”

“OMG Look over there! There’s a really really cute girl!!”

“I wanna go talk to her!!”

 

……………………………

 

Those idiotic guys who only see one’s appearance again. And don’t tell me it’s Miki again…?

 

“Yuto… Can you look and see if it’s Miki? If it’s her I’m gonna run away.” I hid behind Yuto, asking him to check on behalf of me.

 

“...... It doesn’t look like her… This person… She looks familiar…”

 

“Huh…” I peeked out of Yuto’s back and looked at the girl… She does look familiar…

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted out of nowhere.

 

“RYOSUKE!! YOU GAVE ME A SCARE!!!” Yuto scolded me as my voice went straight into his ears just now.

 

“It’s Sakura!!!” I realized the girl everyone is talking about is Sakura!!

 

She is… wearing a lacy top with a skirt… She looks sooooooooo cuteeeeeeeee!!!!!!

 

This is the first time I am seeing her in such appearance…

 

As I am enjoying her cute looks…

 

……………..

 

WAIT. RYOSUKE.

 

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

 

Take Sakura away from those erted eyes!!!

 

“Yuto! I’ll go first, see you tomorrow!!” I bidded goodbye to Yuto and dashed towards Sakura.

 

“Ahh ok bye! And enjoy!!”

 

“Thanks!!!”

 

I ran up to Sakura, she saw me coming and waved to me.

 

*PUMPS*

 

My heart started pumping heavily again. This cute girl… I love her!!!

 

“Sakura!!! Why are you here…?” I realized I have just asked a stupid question, my mind couldn’t function well after seeing such a cute Sakura. Obviously she came here because we are going on a date later on.

 

“... I thought I’ll wait for you here…” Sakura blushed slightly.

 

“Ryosuke!! Who is this girl? Is she your friend?” One of my classmate came and asked me about Sakura.

 

UGHHH Sakura is mine!!!

 

“........... She’s my girlfriend!” I shouted it loud and clear to make sure no one will have any evil thoughts on Sakura.

 

“...............WHAT?!?!?!?” Everyone got a shock after hearing what I have just said.

 

“Sakura, let’s go!!!” I held Sakura by her hands and dragged her away from school.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Lady, are you alright?”

 

“...........Why is Ryosuke with that idiot girl again…?” Miki was looking really angry.

 

“Did he just said that idiot girl is his girlfriend…?”

 

“.............I can’t forgive her…”

 

“Lady… Calm down… Let’s leave first… Alright?”

 

“..........................”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryosuke POV

 

I held Sakura’s hands tightly, I realised she has small hands, yet it was enough to warm up mine. I brought her to the cafe I wanted to bring her to, we were given a seat at the corner.

 

“Sakura…”

 

“Hmm…?”

 

Sakura looks really cute today, it was my first time seeing her in skirt, and her natural blushing face makes her look even prettier. She tucked one side of her short hair behind her ears, making her even more feminine than before...

 

“You’re very cute today…”

 

“..........!!!” Sakura blushed and her face turned even more red.

 

“Did you… dress up today just for me…?”

 

“......um…” Sakura bite her lips gently and nodded her head.

 

My heart is pumping hard again, if this weren’t a public place I would have just went up and kiss Sakura.

 

“....Thank you…. I’m really really happy now…” I think I am smiling crazily but I just cannot close my mouth seeing such a cute Sakura sitting in front of me.

 

“Do you like it…?”

 

“Yes!!! But…”

 

“But…?”

 

“In future you can only wear like this in front of me. I don’t want to let you seen by other erted men… Did you realize? Everyone is looking at you… Especially men…”

 

“Ryosuke… You’re exaggerating… I don’t have that much charms…”

 

“NO Sakura! Didn’t you saw what happened at my school just now…? Everyone was praising at how cute you are…”

 

“...Ryosuke, you get jealous so easily…”

 

“Of course!! My girlfriend is too cute!!”

 

“Haha~ My Ryosuke is very cute too.”

 

“...............I’m… yours…?”

 

“..........um……” Sakura bite her lips and nodded her head again.

 

At this moment I’m feeling very fortunate, this is the first time in my life I felt so... I tell myself I need to work hard, so that I’ll be able to take care of Sakura from now on.

 

After our meals, we took a stroll around the riverside. I wanted to bring Sakura for a movie, but she suggested this instead. We took a seat on the bench after some walking.

 

“.....Sakura… You don’t like to watch movies…?” I am still puzzled by Sakura’s rejection.

 

“.....Ryosuke… As long as you’re with me, even taking a stroll like this is enough for me…”

 

“....... Sakura… Thanks for protecting me for the past ten years…” I held Sakura’s slightly cold hands, and wrapped them with mine to warm her up.

 

“............... I did nothing much…..”

 

“No… You were protecting me all along, in your heart, it’s just that I came to realize it too late. I’m so sorry for making you wait so long…”

 

“Ryosuke… Don’t apologize… It’s not your fault… But I’m glad, you came back to me… And now I can really protect you…”

 

“No Sakura, from now on, I’ll be the one protecting you… I won’t let anyone bully you anymore.”

 

“No one will bully me, silly boy…” Sakura patted me on my head.

 

“Sakura…” I hugged Sakura in my arms, I cannot lose her… Somehow I’m feeling slightly insecure feelings… I don’t know why…

 

“Ryosuke…? Are you alright?” Sakura seems to know what I’m feeling, as usual, she knows everything of me… Yet I don’t know much of her…

 

“I’m scared…”

 

“....... of…?”

 

“Of you leaving me……”

 

“Silly boy… I said I won’t leave you right…?”

 

“Promise me then…” I showed my pinky finger.

 

“It’s a promise…” Sakura smiled and wrapped my pinky finger with hers.

 

I moved closer to Sakura, and gave her a light kiss, as a signification of our love for each other. From now on, our lives has crossed over to each other’s, our time has overlapped together. We’ll move on together, till eternity…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

薄荷キャンディー - KinKi Kids

 

可愛い You're the one

Showing your cuteness, you’re the one

くせして For love and one

Your small movements, for love and one

芯がある

Yet you hold your own thinkings

未来を預ける価値のあるひとさ

You deserve me to leave my future in your hands

嘘じゃない

I’m not lying

君しか映らない

My eyes reflect only you

 

君だけ You're the one

Only you, you’re the one

For love and one

君だけがぼくが選ぶひと

You are the one I’ve chosen

竜巻みたいな時代に生きても

Even if there are ups and downs in our lives

君となら 上手にやれるさ

If you are with me, we can still live well

 

君しか You're the one

Except you, you’re the one

見えない For love and one

I can’t see anyone else, for love and one

ほんとだよ

It’s true

薄荷の匂いの運命のひとさ

In my life which carries a mint flavor

ぼくの瞳は

My eyes

君しか映らない

Can see nothing but you

君しか映らない

Nothing but you

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer note: A light chapter that clarifies the relationship between Ryosuke and Sakura.

Am still in the midst of writing my third fanfic. Hope readers could leave some comments for me!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------