Chapter 15 - Jealousy

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Sakura POV

 

The date with Ryosuke was simple, yet it was enough for me. I just want to see him happy... Suddenly something popped into my mind… I thought of going back to Nara with Ryosuke, to show him where we used to play around, where he first banged into me, to tell him all the memories that I have had with him…

 

“Sakura…”

 

Ryosuke called me after coming out of shower.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Summer holiday is coming… Shall we go somewhere?”

 

“Ah… I was just thinking of going back to Nara with you…”

 

“...Nara…? Going...back…?”

 

“Ah, yes, both of us used to live in Nara, and that was where we met each other… I thought of bringing you there to tell you about everything…”

 

“Really?!?! I want to go!!!”

 

“Haha~ Don’t get so excited… I’ll match our schedules and buy tickets to Nara, ok?”

 

“Ok!!” Ryosuke replied with a wide smile.

 

His smile never fails to make me happy. Just for that smile, I’ll do anything…

 

Two days later, I was on the way to buy train tickets bounding for Nara. I felt someone following me… When I turned back to take a look, I felt a few pairs of hands grabbing me and pulling me into an alley. I was thrown onto the ground hard.

 

“Ah!!” I felt my back hitting something hard, my eyes closed by itself from the piercing pain.

 

As I gradually opened my eyes, I saw a couple of female high school students.

 

“I don’t get it, Miki-sama is much more cuter than this old lady! Why did Ryosuke chose her instead?” One of them was speaking…

 

Miki-sama… Miki???

 

“Let’s teach her some lesson.” Another one spoke.

 

The next moment, they started grabbing me, slapping my face, and punching my body.

 

“AH!!!” I tried to get out of them but were in veins, just my strength alone isn’t enough to go against four to five of them.

 

“Ok stop it.”

 

After several minutes of beating, they stopped upon hearing the instruction from Miki.

 

Miki came up to me with a scary face,

 

“This is just a little warning to you, Ryosuke is mine, I’ll make you leave him willingly.” Miki and gang left after dropping that sentence.

 

I have a bad feeling… What is Miki planning to do…? I don’t want… I don’t want to leave Ryosuke…

 

I went straight back home after getting the tickets… Still thinking over what Miki had said…

 

“..............Sakura!!!”

 

Ryosuke held my shoulders and called my name really loud.

 

“AH!! Ryosuke? You’re back?”

 

“Sakura… I’m back since two minutes ago, and I’ve been calling you but you seemed like your soul was somewhere else. What happened?”

 

“Ah… Nothing…”

 

“Sakura, there can’t be nothing… What were you thinking of…?”

 

“I’m… thinking of our past… I’m thinking of… how to tell the stories for you after we are back in Nara…” I lied… I wasn’t thinking of that… But I didn’t want to ruin Ryosuke’s mood, he was really looking forward to go back to Nara with me.

 

“...Really?” Ryosuke was still doubting me.

 

“Yeah! Come, let’s have dinner.”

 

“...........................AH!!!”

 

I forgot to cook! I was too engrossed in thinking of Miki’s words!!

 

“Sakura… You’re weird today… What happened? Your face looks swollen too...” Ryosuke tried to touch my face but I managed to catch hold of his hands before he gets to do so.

 

“I’m fine… I’ll go buy some bento for us!”

 

I was going to run away but Ryosuke’s hands caught me by my back.

 

“Ah!!” I accidentally let out a cry of pain when Ryosuke touched my back which was injured from earlier incident.

 

“..........Sakura, turn your body over!” Ryosuke heard me, and was trying to look at my back.

 

No!! I can’t let him see my injuries!! He’ll question me!!! I need to move away!!

 

“Ryosuke, I’m… AH!”

 

It was too late. Ryosuke flipped up my shirt and saw the bruise on my back.

 

“What’s… this? How did you get injured? When did you get injured? Who did this to you?” Ryosuke started with his strings of questions.

 

“I…….. had a fall just now…” I lied again, for the second time today…

 

“............. Then how did you get injuries at your stomach area, as well as your face?”

 

… Ryosuke saw the bruises on my stomach as well…

 

“I……………”

 

“Sakura!! Don’t hide from me!! Who did this to you??”

 

“..................” I kept silence…

 

“Even if you keep silence I’ll go find out who did this to you and make sure they apologise to you.” Ryosuke looks really angry...

 

“Ryosuke… Don’t… I’m fine… Ok? Don’t get angry…” I was scared, I don’t want Ryosuke to act recklessly, I realised my eyes were becoming wet…

 

“......Sakura… sorry… Did I scare you?” Ryosuke touched my face gently and wiped off the tears that dropped off my eyes… He kissed me gently and embraced me in his strong arms.

 

That night, I didn’t have a good sleep… I was worried at what Ryosuke would do…

 

The next day, we went out together but splitted ways as Ryosuke was going to school and I was going for work.

 

On the way walking to the convenience store, suddenly I was pulled again into the alley.

 

“How was the treatment from yesterday? Did you enjoy it?” Miki was the one speaking.

 

“........... I won’t leave Ryosuke, no matter what you do.” I refuted Miki, I can’t let her threaten me anymore.

 

“Really…? Then how about having some cuts on your face…? Do you think Ryosuke would like it…?” Miki held up a pen knife.

 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to run away…!!!!

 

“Hold her down!!!” Miki shouted at her followers, and they came grabbing my arms, holding down my body to prevent me from getting away.

 

“Even if I get disfigured, Ryosuke won’t love you!!” I thought it was over for me. No one would come and save me, so I might as well speak my mind.

 

“YOU !!!” Miki was holding the pen knife towards my face, I closed my eyes preparing for what is going to happen.

 

……………………………….

 

Suddenly, I felt some wind blowing pass in front of me, I opened my eyes, I saw a familiar back…

 

It was Ryosuke!!!

 

“Ryosuke!!” I shouted at him immediately, as I took a closer look, I saw that he had used his arms to block off Miki’s pen knife.

 

“Ryosuke!! You’re bleeding!!” I moved out of those girls’ hostage and went up to see Ryosuke’s injuries.

 

“Ryosuke… Why are you here…? Haven’t you gone to school already…?” Miki was speaking with trembling voice.

 

“Miki, I’ll make the story short. If you hurt Sakura for one more time, I’ll make sure you pay for it.” Ryosuke was speaking in a really cold tone, it was the first time I see him getting so agitated.

 

“Ryosuke… I…” Miki was still speaking with trembling voice.

 

“Shut up!! I’m not listening to your explanations. Just get out of my sight!!” Ryosuke shouted at the top of his voice, I got a scare from his sudden shouting as well.

 

“Sakura, let’s go…” Ryosuke switched back to his gentle tone and held my hands to pull me away from the scene.

 

He walked me to the convenience store, on the way, he didn’t speak a single word. He’s angry… He’s angry that I hid things from him again… I look downwards at the ground and continued walking, thinking of what I should say…

 

*Knocks*

 

“AH!” I looked up and realized Ryosuke had stopped at the entrance of the convenience store and I have just banged into his back.

 

“Sakura, are you alright? Let me see your face.” Ryosuke held up my face to check on them.

 

“I’m fine… and… sorry…”

 

“.......Why are you apologizing?”

 

“Because… I lied to you yesterday…”

 

“................I’m the one to be sorry… They came to disturb you because of me…”

 

“No… Ryosuke, it’s not your fault… Come in, I’ll clean your wounds for you…”

 

While cleaning Ryosuke’s wound, I realized he was looking at me non-stop.

 

“.............Why are you looking at me like this…?” I finished bandaging Ryosuke’s wound and asked him.

 

“I’m thinking… how to keep you by my side so that no one can ever touch you again…”

 

“...................!!!! You’re overthinking!! That’s impossible!!!”

 

“...........Maybe I should just handcuff you to myself and never let you go out of my sight again…”

 

“Ryosuke… You’re joking right…?”

 

“I am… yet I’m not… I was dead worried, do you know? Seeing your bruises makes my mind go haywire, I don’t want you to suffer, I don’t want anyone to hurt you when I’m not around…” Ryosuke was getting agitated as he speaks.

 

This is how much Ryosuke loves me… I felt really happy, yet it hurts me to see such an expression of his…

 

“And I’m scared of something even more…” Ryosuke continued saying.

 

“......What is it……?”

 

“That you’ll leave me……. I can’t imagine what I’ll become if you leave me……”

 

“...............Ryosuke….. I won’t leave you…… I promised you….. Right?”

 

“...............”

 

Ryosuke was still feeling insecure… To be honest I do have thoughts of preparing to leave him if my presence would make him troubled… But seeing his face now, I told myself I can’t leave him… Only by watching him and keeping him by my side I can feel calm…

 

“Don’t think too much… Go to school first, alright?”

 

“........ I’ll come here after school…” Ryosuke held my hands tightly before letting them go and leaving for school.

 

“Ryosuke…” I look at Ryosuke’s back as he leaves…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Just For You - Hey! Say! 7

 

Once again 君にまた会えるなら

Once again, if I can meet you again

I'll give you all my love for you

 

Everyday I smile for you

君が隣にいた日々

On the days you were beside me

Every night I cry for you

今も消えはしない(Never fade away)

Even now they won’t disappear (Never fade away)

 

Everyday I try for you

二度と触れられない それでも

Even if I may not get to touch you again

Every night I shine for you

全ては For you

Everything is for you

 

Anything I do for you

Everything is just for you

Anything I do for you

Everything is just for you

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer note: It is already 9th May in Japan... It’s Ryosuke’s 23rd Birthday!!! Happy Birthday to him!!! Time flies, I have like Ryosuke for ten years and counting!!! I hope I’ll be able to see him in real person one day!!! I hope. HEHE~

 

Currently I have wrote around 21 chapters for my third fanfic, I feel my mind getting indulged in the fanfics as I write them. It is a fun adventure which I can only feel when I write! Anyway, I’ll post the new fanfic once I think they are ready to! XD Till then, please enjoy this fanfic!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------