Chapter 30 - Sakura Blossom

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Sakura POV

 

“Mum, Dad, where are you guys going? Aren't you bringing me along?”

 

“Sakura, mum and dad would love to bring you along. But it’s not the time yet, there are still many people who loves you at the other side of the world. However, don't forget that we love you as much too. That's why we need to leave you now. Go back there, go back to where love is all around you…” My mum was speaking with tears in her eyes.

 

“Yeah Sakura, don't rush to come over to our side, we are fine here, so don't worry. Remember, as long as you are happy, we are too…” My dad was holding onto my hands while he said.

 

“..... Mum, Dad, I love you… I love you very much…” I couldn't control my tears, I couldn't…

 

“Sakura, wake up, someone who loves you a lot is calling you… Goodbye for now...” My parents were leaving me...

 

“..........”

 

“Sakura!!! Sakura!!!”

 

Who is calling me…?

 

“..... ugh….” I opened my eyes gradually, and the worried face of Ryosuke entered my view.

 

“Sakura! You gave me a scare!!!”

 

“hmmm…? What happened…?

 

“You were shedding tears while in your sleep!!!”

 

“Ah…” Oh yes, I recalled the dream that I had…

 

“What happened?  Did you had a nightmare?” Ryosuke was caressing my face, still looking very worried.

 

“I… dreamt of my parents… I asked them why they aren't bringing me along with them, but they told me to come back here. As there are many people who loves me over here…” Tears were rolling in my eyes again…

 

“..... Sakura… When you get discharged, let’s go visit your parents’ tomb, alright? I want to thank them personally, for not taking you along with them yet, for giving me a chance to, take care of you from now on…” Ryosuke held my hands tightly, the pair of warm hands…

 

“Sure… They would be glad to see you too… My dear handsome darling…” I smiled and joked back, to assure Ryosuke that I am fine, I don't want him to worry so much…

 

“Sakura… Thank you, thank you for coming back to me…” Ryosuke smiled and gave me a deep kiss, further signifying the love between us…

 

“Oh yes, Ryosuke…” I recalled something important…

 

“Yes…?”

 

“Where’s… the watch…?”

 

“........ Watch…?”

 

“The watch you placed on my wrist… It’s not on my wrist now…”

 

“....!!! Sakura!!! You knew I put it on your wrist?!?!”

 

“Silly boy, yes… I heard most of what you said as well…”

 

“.......... Sakura…… The watch is always in my pocket! The nurse disallowed me from putting it on your wrist…” Ryosuke pouted, ah… how I missed this expression of his.

 

“Silly boy… Come, put it on for me again, I want to look at it…” I smiled at this man whom I love so much.

 

“........ Sure…” Ryosuke’s hand went into his pocket and took out the watch and placed it on my wrist again.

 

“............ This… is… so…... pretty……” I stared at the watch with sakura petal in it, it was a simple yet elegant watch…

 

“I know right…? I have…”

 

“Yes, you have good taste since you were a kid, I heard that too…” I cut into Ryosuke’s words as I wanted to make fun of this silly boy.

 

“.......... hehe~”

 

“And your time is mine from now on…” I remember, I remember everything that Ryosuke said at my bedside…

 

“It’s my pleasure, my dear Sakura…”

 

At this moment, time seems to have stopped, everything is beautiful and peaceful, with just the two of us...

 

……………..

 

I got discharged from the hospital days after I woke up, and I was under intense care in Ryosuke’s house. Naito-san was doing all the chores for me, Ryosuke’s mother made a lot of food for me to replenish nutrients for my body, Ryosuke’s father bought me a lot of vitamins and nutritional products. Keito and Yuto would visit me occasionally to chat with me.

 

As for Ryosuke, he is even more exaggerating, he doesn't allow me to even walk down the stairs, and insist to carry me everywhere in the house. I felt so shy being carried around everywhere in the house. He even disallowed me from going to work anymore, and wants me to assist him at work once I recover fully.

 

He got so possessive that I have no choice but to listen to him…

 

Though… I don’t exactly hate it...

 

Soon, it was Ryosuke’s graduation ceremony, I managed to recover till I was able to walk, and I attended the ceremony wearing the coat Ryosuke’s mother got for me.

 

Then, it was time for the release of results for the entrance examinations to Tokyo University.  I went with Ryosuke to check on the results.

 

“Sakura… I’m so nervous…” Ryosuke was holding my hands tightly while in the car.

 

“Ryosuke, don't worry… I’m sure it’ll be fine…” I have confidence in Ryosuke, after all, I have seen him working so hard for his studies...

 

After we reached the venue, I was holding tightly onto Ryosuke’s hands, this man beside me was so nervous that he kept quiet throughout. We went nearer to the board to check at the numbers…

 

“...... Sakura… I don't see my number…” Ryosuke said with a really disappointed tone.

 

I held tightly to his hands, “Ryosuke… it’s alright, I’m here…” I looked at him to soothe him down before turning back to look at the board.

 

“....... Sakura, sorry, I let you down… I...”

 

“Ryosuke!! Your number is 3277 right?” I didn't turn to look at Ryosuke while he was speaking just now.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“It’s there!!!! LOOK!!! THE FIFTH COLUMN AND THIRD ROW FROM THE LAST!!!” I was saying excitedly…

 

“...... AHHHHH!!!!! I SAW IT!!!! SAKURA!!! I MADE IT!!!!” It was Ryosuke’s turn to get excited this time.

 

“Congratulations!!!!  MY DEAR MAN!!!” I patted Ryosuke’s head gently.

 

“Sakura…”

 

“..... Ahhhh!!!” Ryosuke hugged me and spinned for a few rounds.

 

“Thank you, you are my lucky star…” Ryosuke placed his forehead on mine.

 

“I did nothing, it’s your hard work…” I smiled back to him.

 

Once again, the world seems to stop around us, it was as if, we were the only two person in this world… A peaceful, simple happiness…

 

After we left the venue, we were walking along the streets, where sakura trees are blooming at their most beautiful moment.

 

“Ryosuke, this is the first time I’m viewing sakura with someone after my parents passed away.” I smiled at my favourite man and said.

 

“As for me, rather than seeing the sakura flowers which bloom only once a year, I prefer looking at the Sakura who is standing beside me now, till forever…”

 

“Since when you’ve become such a sweet talk?”

 

“............”

 

“Ryosuke…?”

 

Ryosuke turned his back on me… What happened...?

 

“Sakura…” Ryosuke was calling my name while still backfacing me.

 

“Yes…?”

 

In seconds, Ryosuke turned over and kneeled in front of me,

 

“I want to take care of you forever, would you, marry me? I know I’m still not a capable man yet, but I will become one for you. I will love you till eternity, please leave your life under my care…” Ryosuke was holding a box which carries a ring inside.

 

“Ryosuke…” I am so touched…  

 

“I can't afford an expensive ring yet, but my love for you is priceless…”

 

“I do… Ryosuke, I want to be with you forever too…” I raise my hand slightly for Ryosuke to put on the ring for me.

 

“Sakura!! I love you, believe me…” Ryosuke gently put the ring on my ring finger.

 

“Stand up…” I held Ryosuke’s shoulders and pulled him up.

 

“You’re mine now, my dear Sakura.”

 

“You’re mine too, my dear Ryosuke…”

 

*KISS*

 

We had a sweet kiss under the sakura trees.

 

This simple happiness is enough…

 

Few Months Later...

 

Today is the day we are going to get married. Ryosuke wanted to hold the wedding ceremony earlier but I wanted him to settle down in university first. Thus we are holding this wedding after summer where the weather gets cooler.

 

We decided to have a small-scale and simple wedding at the beach in Okinawa. I was satisfied with just a simple wedding, thus we only invited our close relatives and friends to attend the wedding. Keito and Yuto are included as well, they have also entered into their choice of university and are both currently attached as well. I feel very happy for them too. I have also invited Ninomiya-san and she was so happy for us and gave us baby clothes which she had sewed by herself. She said she wants to be the god-grandma of our future child.

 

We exchanged our vows in the presence of our loved ones.

 

Then, we had a deep yet gentle kiss after saying our vows...

 

After we left each other’s lips, I moved my head next to Ryosuke’s ears,

 

“Ne, Ryosuke…”

 

“... Yes? My dear wife…”

 

“...... You’re… going to be…” I was trying to tease Ryosuke with the good news I am bringing him.

 

“...... be…?”

 

“A… father soon…” I smiled at his ears.

 

“.....................”

 

I moved away slightly and saw a stoned Ryosuke face.

 

He looks so adorable, I am guessing he is too shocked at this great news that I have just brought him thus he got frozen straightaway.

 

“Ryosuke… Are…” I was going to ask him if he was alright but he cut off my words,

 

“EVERYONE!!!! I’M GOING TO BE A FATHER SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

AHH! He just shouted this news to everyone?!?!

 

“Sakura!!! We’re going to be parents soon!!! I’m so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Ryosuke held my shoulders tightly and said with a face that has his wide smile on it.

 

“Yes… Otousan~”

 

“Okasan~ I love you…”

 

Ryosuke landed another kiss on my lips...

 

I am… feeling very fortunate right now…

 

……………...………..

 

Ten Years Later

 

You might not believe time has passed so fast, neither do I. And there is something even more unbelievable, Ryosuke and I, are now parents of eight children. Ryosuke loves children so much that my pregnancy came almost one after another… We gave birth to five sons and three daughters. Two of our daughters are even twins.

 

Out of our ten years of marriage, I was pregnant most of the time, and don’t get me wrong, this is a happy complaint. We love children, and our house is getting livelier and livelier day by day.

 

Most importantly, Ryosuke has indeed become a capable man, he is a great boss to his employees, he is a filial son to his parents, he is a responsible father to his eight children,

 

and…

 

not forgetting…

 

he has been a caring and loving husband to me…

 

He doesn’t neglect me at all, regardless how busy he gets. As a wife, what I can do is supporting him at his back, allowing him to lean on me whenever he gets tired.

 

A simple life like this was enough for us…

 

Tonight, we walked under the night sky after a date with just the two of us.

 

“Ryosuke… I’m glad you came and become part of my life… I still find life so amazing, it can change so much within such a small period…” I am looking and touching the watch that Ryosuke had chosen for me when he was young.

 

“Sakura, probably from the day I bought this watch for you, it was already destined that our time would cross each other’s and become one, our lives would overlap each other’s and get binded together, and in return our love for each other combines and gets multiplied…”

 

“If that's the case, I would cherish this watch very much, the watch given to me on March 14…”

 

“I love you, Sakura…”

 

“I love you too, Ryosuke…”

 

We exchanged kiss at a park where we could see the Tokyo Tower. The time that belong to just the two of us…

 

The watch, that binds us together…

 

The message, that was engraved behind the watch…

 

[涼桜]

 

Signifies us coming together as one…

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

三月十四日 ~ 時計 - 山田涼介&岡本圭人

 

かじかむ手 袖から覗かせながら

Looking under your sleeves, I saw your hands which has grown numb from coldness

あの日くれた 雪も溶けるくらい甘いチョコレート

The chocolate which you gave me that day, was sweet enough to melt the snow

 

窓の外覗くと 蕾がもう芽吹いて

Looking outside the window, the flowers have bloomed

もうそろそろ お返し(プレゼント)见つけに行かなきゃね

It’s time to search for a present for you

 

314に渡したパステルカラーの时计 华奢な腕についてる

The pastel colour watch which I gave you on 14 March, it’s on your wrist

もう気付いてる?时计の裏に隠した君へのメッセージ

Have you realised? The message hidden behind the watch

 

変わらないから 仆らいつまでも 同じこの景色をこのまま见ていようよ

There won’t be any changes, we’ll stay like this, looking at the same scenery

日常の当たり前のワンシーン 君といるだけでほら こんなにも辉く

A scene which is very common in our lives, will become more meaningful if you’re around

あの日生まれた 二人だけの爱をいつまでも

The love between us that was created that day, will go on forever

 

Let's spend the time together forever

 

仆らの爱が この文字のように时间を刻んでく

Our love is engraved like these message that represents eternity

ゆっくりと二人の秒针が 寄り添い合いながら爱を刻んでゆく

As the clock of ours ticks, they overlap eventually, building our love

あの日誓った 离さないって 来年のこの日も一绪にいようよ

We promised that day not to leave each other, let’s stay together on this day next year

 

ずっと

Forever....

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Afterword

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

三月十四日、君へ向かなかったら、どんなにいいことだろう?

March 14, If I did not run towards you that day, how good would things be?

 

今までそう思ってた。

That’s what I had thought up till now

 

ただし、

However

 

忘れたことがある。

I forgot something

 

悲しみがあるからこそ、楽しいことを大切にすることができる。

It’s precisely because we went through sadness, we learn to cherish the happiness

 

不幸を経験したからこそ、小さな幸せさを味わうことができる。

It’s because we went though unfortunates, we can taste simple joy

 

普通で、簡単な生活でも、

Even if it’s a normal and simple life

 

君さえいれば。。。十分だ。

With you around, it’s more than enough

 

私と君の時間がもう結んでる、

My time and yours have been tightly bonded together

 

将来、君の人生には私がいる、私の人生には君がいる。

From now, I’ll be in your life, and you’ll be in mine

 

一緒にいようよ、

Let’s stay together

 

ずっと、ずっと。。。

Forever

 

愛してる。。。

I love you

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

終り

END

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s Note: Last chapter…!!! Decided to have an happy ending for this fanfic… I really hope the readers have enjoyed reading this story. I appreciate all the readers out there!! Every single one!!! This is the first long story fanfic that I have written, and I will start posting my next story, ‘The bubbles of clam’. I hope everyone can take a look at it!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------