Six

Let's Fall In Love....Again

Jongin decided to go to meet Luhan and Sehun. He had things to sort out with them. With the help of the nurse, who helped him sit on the wheelchair, he went to the maternity ward where Sehun had been stationed. On the way to the ward he prepared his mind and what all he wanted to tell them. And finally he knocked on the door. Luhan opened it.

"Jongin!" Luhan was suprised to see Jongin come all the way to meet them.

"How are you feeling?" Jongin asked, heading towards Sehun. The boy looked slightly weak, but better than before.

"I am doing fine. How about you? Have you learnt to walk?" Sehun asked.

"Yes. Kind of. My legs haven't healed yet, so for now, my legs just get change of bandages and massage. My doctor helps me stand once in a while."

Luhan helped Sehun sit up and finally he spoke.

"Actually the two of us were planning to visit your cabin today. We wanted to tell you something." Luhan said.

"What is it?"

"The thing is we are very thankful for whatever you have done for Sehun. Saving him, saving the child....taking care of Sehun when I wasn't there for him. Everything. Therefore we were thinking that we wanted to make you the shareholder and owner of half of Sehun's company." Luhan smiled. "If that it is not what you want, tell something that we can do to repay you."

 

"Hmm...well...I am sorry. But I want to decline the offer. I am thinking of leaving your company. You two are a couple now and I don't want to come between the two of you anymore. I am on bedrest anyway, so I want to resign." Jongin was finally able to tell it to them.

 

Sehun and Luhan looked at each other.

 

"But why leave the company? I understand, probably you are not ready for such a big burden suddenly, but leave the company?" Sehun was suprised. Jongin had never made decisions like this in his life. 

 

"Yes. The thing is, I did all of this then because I was in love with Sehun. But Sehun loves you now and he is not alone anymore. Therefore I think it will be really wrong for me to stay here. And please do not stop me."

 

"Okay. We will not stop you. But if you need any help in any way, remember that we are always here for you. Feel free to come to us wheenver you feel like." Luhan patted on Jongin's shoulder. Jongin gave s oft smile, looking at Sehun. He knew Sehun sensed something wrong. Sehun knew him too well. But for now, this was the best decision Jongin could ever make.

 

Jongin headed back to hsi cabin, tears running profusely down his eyes. Leaving the company? It was more like he was running away from Sehun. The nurses came once again to help on his bed. It was a bright day and the moment they were done putting him on his bed, the next thing he ordered them to do was to close the curtains and make the room dark. He tried to sleep.

 

Jongdae was passing his room, when he saw how dark Jongin's room looked. The boy had covered the whole room and there wasn't even a bit of light. Jongdae went inside and he removed the curtains. It was afternoon then and soon he heard sobs coming from Jongin.

 

"What happened? You can call the nurse to take you here and there, but once alos you cannot call me to share your problems?"Jongdae was angry at him.

 

"I am sorry. I had gone to meet Luhan and Sehun today. They looked so happy together. I just told them that I did not want to work in their company anymore. I do not want to work with Sehun. I do not want to get associated with him. I do not want to love him anymore....but...but I cannot...I just cannot..."

 

"Stop Jongin....Stop. Stop crying. I know break-ups are hard, but you have to move on right? Stop thinking about Sehun now. Do something else. You have to get better right? Start looking for a job now, or spend time in something else. Look for someone else on whom you can depend on. There are many fish in the pond. You need to just look for it." 

 

Jongdae sat there for a while, letting Jongin rant as much as he wanted. When he was done, he ordered them to serve him lunch and the medicines. As soon as he was done eating the food and the meds, Jongin went off to sleep, with a much lighter heart.

 

 

 *************************************************

 

 After meeting Kyungsoo that day, Chanyeol could not go anywhere else after that. He went back to Baekhyun and cried in his arms. Baekhyun did not know what was wrong, but he immediately got worried seeing Chanyeol like that.

 

"Chanyeol, you went to Kyungsoo right?"

"Baek..he had a child. He had conceived...when I left him alone...he had conceived."

"Where is the child then?" Baekhyun could not believe his words in the beginning, but then he thought practically.

"He died. Kyungsoo miscarried." He told, sobbing. 

"Then what are you worried about? I know it is sad. But if the child isnot there, what are you so worried about?" Baekhyun told Chanyeol seriously.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol was now getting angry. He had never expected Baekhyun to react like that.

"If the child is not there, what are you crying for? What are you so worried about?" Baekhyun told again, in the same tone.

 

Chanyeol went away from Baekhyun. 

 

"Baek, don't you have feelings? Are you a robot?" Chanyeol was boiling wtith anger now.

 

"I don't get the point here Chanyeol. I seriously don't. We are going to get married okay. And you are still hung up on Kyungsoo. If you were so much in love with him, why did you even come to me? Why did you agree to date me? Why did you do that?" Baekhyun was now getting annoyed. He had had enough. It was only in the first few months of their relationship that Chanyeol had been nice to him, not talking about Kyungsoo and giving his full attention to Baekhyun, but then he told Baekhyun about Kyungsoo, ad their break up. Since then Baekhyun has been trying come to terms with it, but he just cannot, because Chanyeol cannot move forward.

 

"Listen Baek. I don't know how you feel about Kyungsoo...but these words...."

 

"What these words? What do you want me to say? That go back to Kyungsoo, when I love you so much? I am ready to give up everything for this marriage and our relationship and you cannot forget Kyungsoo. There is still time. I sent cards only to some six families today and I guess you sent just one. Go back to your dear Kyungsoo....I will give you that chance."

 

Baekhyun had some cards in his hands. He threw them on the table. 

 

"Don't try to look for me. If you are ready with an answer, Call me. I will come back. Take as much time as you want." And then Baekhyun left.

Chanyeol picked up the cards which Baekhyun threw on the table. He kept on the bookshelf and then went and took out a few cans of beer. His thoughts drifted to the time when he had met Baekhyun.

 

*****

 

It was summer, the day Chanyeol had a free day. He had just returned from Kyungsoo's apartment to his home, when he saw his grandfather in his house, sitting with the rest of his family. They were having some serious discussion on the breakfast table.

"Where were you Chanyeol? We were waiting for you."

"What happened?" He knew it was something important, otherwise his grandfather won't be coming. 

"We want you to get married." Chanyeol although was very suprised, but he stayed calm and listened further. 

"We took your grandfather to the hospital yesterday and he is not very well. He wants to get you married."

"To whom?" Chanyeol finally asked.

"Byun Baekhyun. He is a son of a friend. We have been friends since a long time and his father also looking for someone to get him married too, so we decided how about you get married to him. I guess you know Mr. Byun. He is your father's business' largest share holder."

"I have heard, but what baout his son? How come I don't know him?" Chanyeol had never even heard about Mr. Byun having a son. He just knew Mr. Byun and his family.

"He has been studying in England since his childhood. So, we have already spoken to him. You just have to meet him." Chanyeol's father stated.

"Mom, dad, grandad, I already have a boyfriend and I want to marry him." Chanyeol told, stating it to them just like his parents had been stating things to him.

"You haven't been given a choice here Park Chanyeol. Grandfather's decision and your father's decision is final." His mother told calmly. "We allowing you to join the police force is the only thing we have allowed you to do, otherwise you were supposed to inherit your father's business, not run around useless criminals and..."

Chanyeol did not let them continue. He threw his plate down and ran upstairs locking the door. He sat there and tried to calm himself down. He had to do something. He could not leave Kyungsoo like that. They had promised to get married, to start a life together. It was not like he hated his grandfather. He was someone Chanyeol was really close to. If he did not have a boyfriend. He wouldn't have said a word, but of course could not leave Kyungsoo like that.

He came out of his room and went down again. His mom was cleaning the pieces of glass from the plate he had just shattered. His mom left those on the floor, went to him and then slapped Chanyeol right across his face.

"How dare talk back like that? Just because I let you become a police officer that doesn't mean you have got all the freedom to yourself. Don't you care about your father's business a bit? Disn't you see with how much difficulty your father started his business? Can't you help your father even once? I do not....."

Chanyeol was tired of it, he was tired of everything in his life. He decided he will meet Baekhyun. He could say no to Baekhyun at least right? But then things took a major turn. His grandfather's health deteriorated majorly and became really serious. His father too started losing money in shares. He decided to talk to his grandfather about it, but then all he had to say was to listen to him once and obey his dying wish.

Eloping wasn't an option here. His mom was not ready to meet Kyungsoo. Things had already been fixed between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. There was no backing out. He had to meet him and say yes.