Four

Let's Fall In Love....Again

Jongdae observed Jongin that day. What all he did, how he ate, way he did things, and at last he observed Jongin in his sleep. That very night Jongin had another nightmare, but thankfully it wasn’t very long. He slept better than before. But Jongdae officially diagnosed Jongin with clinical depression and PTSD.

 

“Kyungsoo, it would be better if Yixing and Xiumin came and spoke to me. I need to know about his past and everything else about him to start counselling.” Kyungsoo nodded, and then both proceeded to their dorms.

 

Next day, Yixing and Minseok came right during the visiting hours, and this time Kyungsoo took them to Jongdae.

 

“I guess Kyungsoo told you about me. I am Kim Jongdae, and I will be taking over Jongin’s mental treatment. I need you guys to help me with Jongin’s past and also what all happened between him and Sehun.”

 

Yixing and Minseok told everything to Jongdae in detail- how Jongin was Sehun’s best friend since childhood and that they worked in the same company, and then about Sehun’s marriage and pregnancy, about Kris and finally came to the present. They also informed him that Jongin did not want to work with Sehun anymore and was planning to change companies.

 

“Since you two regularly visit him, I will request you to do whatever you can to make him happy and think positive. He hardly smiles, does things half- heartedly. Bring his favourite food, ice-creams….. get him flowers, gifts…do anything for him which he likes or enjoys. Secondly don’t mention about Sehun and Luhan much If needed I will do it. That is what you have to do from your side, next I will deal with it.” Jongdae told.

 

By the time Jongdae finished talking to them, Kyungsoo finished checking up on Jongin, working on his conditions and also made some small movements with his legs. Kyungsoo noted Jongin’s physical progress was great.

 

Yixing and Minseok did as they were told. Jongdae observed that Jongin did smile once in a while, but it was pretty visible that he had other things going on in his mind. While they were in there, Jongdae went on to visit another patient. He would soon comeback and check over Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo joined him as he was heading for his chamber.

 

“What did you observe?” Kyungsoo asked Jongdae.

 

“That he is so much like you…..still sitting and hanging onto past love…” and he changed direction and went off. Kyungsoo stopped midway and thought- probably Jongdae would never understand how badly past love hurts.

 

***************

 

Baekhyun had sensed Chanyeol was lost somewhere. The two of them were in a wedding dress store and had come to buy their wedding tuxes together. But Chanyeol was totally lost somewhere.

 

“Chan-ah…how do I look?” Baekhyun had come out of the trial room wearing a new tux. He looked at himself. He looked great.

 

“Chan-ah….Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Huh….sorry….Baek. Yea…this one looks nice on you. Suits you better than the previous one.” Chanyeol commented without seeing.

 

“Chan….I don’t know what you are thinking, but if you say, shall we come some other day?” Baekhyun asked, a little worried about Chanyeol.

 

“No sweets, lets finish up with whatever we have to do today itself.”

 

Chanyeol was getting married to Baekhyun in about a month’s time. But Kyungsoo was still going on his head.

 

Chanyeol and Kyugsoo were in love for the past two and a half years before they broke up a year ago. Although Chanyeol loved Kyungsoo, Chanyeol’s dying father had already fixed his marriage with Byun Baekhyun, another budding businessman and a very close friend of their grandfather.

 

Chanyeol, hence did not have any other option apart from breaking up with Kyungsoo. Then he started meeting Baekhyun, and things started going really well between them. Both families then decided to get them married a month ago, but then Luhan came with his case and after all what happened, things got postponed and now they would be getting married next month.

 

However much Kyungsoo told Chanyeol that he had moved on and was not thinking about it anymore, Chanyeol very well knew it was all lies. Kyungsoo had still used to think about him, was still clinging onto him, and hadn’t moved on a bit. Instead he just got busy and busier with work and that was how he kept himself distracted.

 

It took Baekhyun and Chanyeol an hour’s time to choose matching tuxedos for their wedding. Next venue was the wedding photographer’s place and then the wedding cards. They had to reserve a date with the wedding photographer and receive the already printed wedding cards from the printer.

 

“Whom are you going to send the first card to?” Baekhyun asked, as they took the wedding cards.

 

“I guess Kyungsoo…” Chanyeol answered, his head down, looking at the card. Probably if he had introduced Kyungsoo to his family before-hand, it would have been them together.

 

“Didn’t you apologize to him already?” Baekhyun enquired.

 

“I did, but he is frustrating me…he says he has moved on, but I know what sort of a person he is.” Chanyeol said, his head in his hands.

 

“Chan-ah….I want all problems between you and Kyungsoo to get solved as soon as possible. I do not want any problems during our wedding.” Baekhyun made it pretty clear.

 

“I know…and I am trying Baek. I think I need more time with him. Then probably I will be able to solve everything and comeback. And don’t worry. Kyungsoo is not a guy to something like that.” Chanyeol smiled and replied Baekhyun.

****************************************

 

Jongdae came back to Jongin’s cabin.

 

“Hello, I am Kim Jongdae and I am the psychiatrist Kyungsoo told you about who is going to work on your nightmares.” Jongin laughed at the introduction.

 

“Hello, doctor.” Jongin smiled.

 

“So, I observed you yesterday night. Your nightmares seem to be pretty bad. Kyungsoo also told you got marks on your palm from clutching your hand too tight. Can you tell me what do you see?” Jongdae asked him.

 

“That’s day’s incidents play in repeat mode in my sleep every night. But I always see someone dying in it. Sometimes it’s me, sometimes Luhan. I have even seen Sehun dying. The fire…..the fire…it justs keeps blazing….no….no one comes to stop it. The heat…I feel it….I feel it on my face. My feet and arms freeze. I can’t move….” Jongin had started hyperventilating. His hands were shaking.

 

“Stop…stop here. You do not have to say anymore. Now try and calm down. Try it by yourself. Take deep breaths, in and out…and calm yourself down. If you want to hold something, hold my hand tight and calm yourself down.” Jongin did as he was told. It took him around ten minutes.

 

“Okay…now. Tell me one more thing. Do you still love Sehun?”

 

“I…I don’t know.” Jongin was playing with his hands now, looking down.

 

“What I would suggest you is that you move on. I can see that you are depressed.” Jongdae told him.

 

“Sehun is not going to return Jongin. He is Luhan’s already. I know you are sad for losing him. You almost risked your life to save him, but now it is time to let go. I will come back again tomorrow and monitor you. Till then, I have added an antidepressant and sleeping pills to your diagnosis. The nurse will give them to you.” Jongdae patted his back and left the room.

 

Jongin was left thinking there, on the bed. Did he still love Sehun? Why was it so difficult to leave everything and move on? Why did Sehun have to go to Luhan after all the ill- treatment?

 

Jongin just sunk in his bed, turned against the wall and slowly tears started falling down his eyes.