Three

Let's Fall In Love....Again

Jongin slowly opened his eyes. He saw the white ceiling of wherever he was. He slowly turned to the side and moved his hand. He realized he was alive and had been saved. Jongin seriously had lost hope when the pillar fell on him. He wondered who had saved him that day. A nurse came in at that moment and finally Jongin grasped the fact that right now he was in the hospital, under treatment.

 

“Oh, you have finally woken up. I rather call Dr. Kyungsoo. He is the one in-charge of you.” And the nurse went off.

 

Kyungsoo came running to check over Jongin. He checked all parts of his body for signs of paralysis or any other disability. Thankfully Jongin was totally fine. Kyungsoo gave a sigh of relief.

 

“Hello. I am your doctor. My name is Kyungsoo and I am an orthopaedist. I will brief you about your present condition now. You got stuck under a pillar and due to the smoke and fumes, your wind-pipe got filled with soot. When you were brought here, we cleaned your wind-pipe, after that we removed all shreds of glass and stones from your body. You had also suffered from a head wound. But the thing is you have got a broken leg, and your other leg has a dislocated knee cap. So you are barred from walking for at least 2 months. I will be in-charge of your rehab too.”

 

Things just wheezed past Jongin’s ears. He had slowly recalled the incidents of the day. And then he asked.

 

“How is Sehun and his child? Did they survive?” Kyungsoo was surprised when he heard this question. He thought, he would ask something else, something about himself, or about his leg. Indeed he did love Sehun, till now.

 

“Sehun is fine. So is his kid. You want to meet them?” Kyungsoo asked with a smile.

 

Very carefully, Kyungsoo and some nurses came and lifted him off his bed and put him on a wheelchair. Slowly with the help of Kyungsoo he was taken to Sehun’s cabin. Luhan was sleeping peacefully on the sofa, since it was still early morning. Kyungsoo places him beside his bed. Jongin slowly raises his hand and caresses Sehun’s cheek.

 

“He looks so pale. He must have suffered a lot.” Jongin said slowly.

 

“Can I see the child too?” He looked up to Kyungsoo, slightly teary-eyed.

 

“Yea sure.”

 

Kyungsoo then walked him to the nursery. Many new-born kids were there and then Kyungsoo pointed out to the far end of the room where the incubators were kept.

 

“That is Sehun’s and Luhan’s kid. There.” Jongin stuck himself to the glass and saw him. Since he was still in the incubator and Jongin was a patient, he wasn’t allowed inside. Kyungsoo did not realize when Jongin started crying. Jongin’s tears wouldn’t stop.

 

“He is alive. I managed to save it……you know…Se...Sehun loves him so much. He is a boon to that family…. now…now..Luhan will never hurt Sehun…never. I wish I could hold him once….just once…” Kyungsoo sat down and hugged Jongin. Somewhere he understood the pain of losing the one you loved so much to someone else. Jongin must have started crying because of the child, but Kyungsoo very well knew those tears were for Sehun and the fact that he would never get Sehun back.

 

Kyungsoo let him be for a while and then slowly he was taken back to his cabin. When they were back to the cabin. Chnayeol was changing the flowers in his vase.

 

“Jongin, you woke up.” Chanyeol had a huge smile on his face. Kyungsoo tried to lift Jongin up to place him on his bed, but well, Jongin was of course heavy. Chanyeol then nervously lent his hand. Together they lifted Jongin up and placed him on his bed. Chanyeol was smiling, Kyungsoo did not know why.

 

“He is the one who saved you, Jongin.” Kyungsoo told. He checked everything one final time and then left the cabin, before Chanyeol would catch him again.

 

Chanyeol sat down beside him.

 

“Did you meet Sehun and his child?” Jongin nodded his head.

 

“How are you feeling?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I am fine.” Jongin said in a low voice. Then Chanyeol updated him about all that had happened and updated him about Kris too. Jongin was happy, that he would finally be punished. The news spread. Finally all got to know Jongin had woken up. One by one all came to meet him, but Jongin did not seem very happy about it. Something was concerning him. Anyways Kyungsoo had to go back to his cabin.

 

In the evening, Minseok and Yixing came to meet him. That was the time Jongin smiled a bit. They had bought him food. His favourite ddokbokki and chocolate ice-cream.

 

“Are you even allowed to eat this?” Minseok asked out of concern. “You just woke up.”

 

“I am sorry, I cannot have hospital food. What is with its taste now?” The colour of the ddokboki looked pale.

 

“You told the ahjumma to give less spices? I was craving for this. How can you do this?”

 

“I can’t take the risk either Jongin. It hasn’t even been a day. Anyways, just finish it. It just has less spice, there is not much difference. Once you get better, we will get you as much ddokboki as you want to eat.”

 

Jongin was hungry, therefore without much fuss he started eating.

 

“I have to say you guys something.” Jongin’s happy mood had already gone off. “I am planning to leave the company. I won’t be working under Sehun anymore.”

 

“Suddenly what happened? You worried Luhan and Sehun won’t accept you anymore or something?” Lay asked. Both Minseok and Yixing could sense the major change in his attitude.

 

“I just don’t want to work with them anymore. They have a family now and are happy together. I was there since I wanted to be with Sehun then. Now he has got company. And with my qualifications I can easily get into any company.”

 

“Okay. Once you get better, we will talk to Luhan for you, okay?” After spending some more time with Jongin, just when they were about to leave, Kyungsoo enters the room.

 

“You are supposed to eat only hospital food for a week Jongin. But whatever was brought for you doesn’t look so spicy. Good job on that, whoever brought food for him.” Minseok gave a smile on the side.

 

“Rest is all fine. We will get started on your rehab tomorrow.” Kyungsoo gave a pat on Jongin’s back when he left the room. Minseok and Yixing followed Kyungsoo.

 

“Doctor, how is he doing?”

 

“Well, I have to brief you both on some things. Please come to my cabin. Minseok and Yixing did as they were told.

 

When they sat down. Kyungsoo briefed them about his injuries and how long it would take for him to recover. But Kyungsoo tells them one more thing.

 

“Jongin seems to be suffering from Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He has had been having nightmares for the past few days. And the fact that he just lost Sehun to Luhan, he has gone into Depression. I am still not very sure yet. But I have already informed our private psychiatrist to look over his condition once. So can you just visit once again tomorrow? He will check and confirm it once.”

 

Minseok and Yixing were shocked to hear about this. They realized why he didn’t want to work with Sehun anymore.