One

Let's Fall In Love....Again

When Jongin was being taken to the OT, someone had noticed the two men sitting on the bench outside. It was Do Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was one of the doctors there. It had been exactly a year since he had become a full- fledged doctor from a resident and it had also been a year, since he had broken up with one of them sitting on the bench. That person was Park Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol had his eyes closed then, therefore he did not notice Kyungsoo go past him. Kyungsoo soon forgot about Chanyeol and got ready for the surgery. There was a lot to do on his new patient Kim Jongin. He had been sent for an x-ray as soon as he was brought to the emergency room. The damage which happened to his leg was quite a lot. The bone had broken, right from the centre. His knee cap, on the other leg had dislocated. There were shards and tiny pieces of stone and glass all over his body. Hands were bruised and scarred, thanks to the kidnapping. And finally there were 2nd degree burns in some parts of his body. This would take time.

 

His team started working on his body, removing the stuck pieces of cloth, while one of the doctors was cleaning his windpipe of soot that accumulated due to the fire. He was cleaned up, all glass and brick pieces from his back, all his wounds cleaned and stitched. His leg, carefully being plastered. Kyungsoo noticed how fine a man Jongin was. He had to be strong. Surviving such a catastrophe wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

 

Jongin, hadn’t suffered any head injury, thankfully, except a wound on his forehead which was minor. Kyungsoo guessed he must have been knocked out due to pain in his leg and due to shock. Kyungsoo guessed probably it would at least take around a week for him to regain consciousness. Including the time which would increase due to the pain killers.

 

Jongin was brought out of the OT. Minseok and Lay immediately surrounded Kyungsoo when he came out.

 

“How is he? Is he fine?” Minseok asked in a worried tone. Although Sehun’s operation was already over, Luhan was too tensed to even move. He wouldn’t stop worrying until he didn’t confirm Jongin’s condition. He owed him too much.

 

“He is fine now. He probably won’t regain consciousness for a week. We removed all the pieces of debris from his body. He is out of danger, but he has a severely broken leg. Other than that there is nothing serious.”

 

Minseok, Lay and Luhan, all gave a sigh of relief. But Chanyeol wasn’t there. He had gone to visit Sehun. When Kyungsoo was just going to change out of his operation clothes, he saw Chanyeol enter the scene. Chanyeol then saw him.

 

Their eyes met and then there was a pause. None moved, but they calmly looked at each other. Kyungsoo once again, composed himself and asked.

 

“Were you the police officer in charge that time?”

 

“Ahh…yes."

 

"Please do come and meet me in Kim Jongin’s cabin.” Saying this, Kyungsoo went off to change. He still did not understand what got him so nervous around Chanyeol. They had broken up a year ago, for good. Why wasn’t he still used to it?

 

Chanyeol was surprised to see his ex after such a long time. He had still not recovered from the fact that they weren’t together anymore. He still wanted to talk to Kyungsoo, clear things out with him, but he never got the chance to do so.

 

Anyways, Chanyeol did as he was instructed and went to Jongin’s room and waited for Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo came in, after a while and checked Jongin’s present condition.

 

“How is he doing?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“He is fine. He just severely broke his leg. He also suffered from shock. Then we gave him a lot of painkillers. Therefore he will be unconscious for a while now. Can you tell me what all happened in the scene? And sit down. You look exhausted.”

 

Chanyeol described in detail what and all happened there. How Jongin got stuck while trying to save Sehun ans his baby.

 

“Hmm….Jongin seems to be a really strong person. Hope he gets well soon. Anyways, are you done with all the formality-“

 

“How have you been?” Chanyeol asked, looking down at the canned coffee he had bought.