Worthy

Angel & Human's first love

 

*Human Earth.*

Bomi had the paper in her hand, she couldn’t believe someone was playing with her again. It isn't the first time, but she felt tired of this all.

Should I approach her? Humans get scared easily... Eunji told herself mentally, watching Bomi behind a bush. Right that moment Bomi got up and went somewhere.

She can’t just leave her car, I know they cost a lot. The angel decided to climb a tree.

Time passed by but Bomi didn’t return. Well, she's wealthy... could it be that she can get a new one easily so...?

Eunji started to worry.  If something happens to this human when it is not yet her time... I will have to explain things to the council.

Soon a cold drop fell on her forehead. And even worse, I'll have to face Chorong-unnie.

 

Not allowing another second to pass, Eunji followed the human trail of Bomi with her powers. She was sitting at a nearby convenience store with an instant ramen in her hands.

 

The angel looked at her from a roof across the street. Bomi got up again towards the store and when she came back to her seat she had a green bottle.

She isn’t good at drinking. Should I stop her? Bomi seemed to be thinking the same thing because she didn’t dare to open the bottle yet.

Wait... she shouldn't drive if she has alcohol.

Eunji rolled her eyes, she had to stop her. Right, I’m her guardian tonight.

 

"Good evening, miss." Eunji was suddenly dressed as a cop. Bomi seemed scared. "You’re the owner of the red car parked in the next street?"

"Y-yeah... is it badly parked or something?" Noticing the nervousness in the human's voice, Eunji smiled kindly to calm her down.

"No, it's alright." Eunji sat on the chair next to her. "but if you plan to drive later, you shouldn’t drink."

"Oh! That... It's true, I'm so sorry officer." Bomi seemed relieved.

"You know, the cops are like..."

"Guardian Angels." Bomi completed. The words hurt strangely again, like that day. Again, it felt as if a seam broke inside.

Eunji realized that the human was going through some kind of pain.

"Are you okay, lady? Should I get you something?" Bomi shook her head indicating that she was fine. This time it was not as hard as the first time it happened.

"I'm fine, is just a headache... Let me invite you something official, your shift must be tiring." Bomi got up from her chair.

"Don’t!... I'm not on duty anyways... "

"Better then, it won’t look like a bribe hehehe… the spicy one?" Bomi smiled and entered the store once more. Eunji nodded.

Ok, she's cute. I get it. But Rong-unnie can’t be conquered just with cuteness, I'm also cute, right? She saw it through the shop window when the girl poured hot water on the noodles.

She had known her since she was assigned to Chorong. All she knew was that Bomi is one of the good ones, but still she didn’t understand the fixation of her unnie on a common human.

 

Bomi was back after a few minutes with cup noodles and chopsticks.

"There you go, thank you for your hard work." She gave a military salute very cutely.

A little of Eunji's heart melted at that moment, her cheeks turned pink and she smiled from ear to ear.

"T-thanks." She had to remember her goal. Again, she tried to put on a serious expression. "What's your name, lady?"

"Oh, how careless of mine! I haven’t introduced myself, I'm Yoon Bomi. What about you, officer?"

"I'm Jung Eunji... I haven't seen you in the area before, welcome." She said, acting perfectly as a stranger. "A while ago you were about to drink, is there any problem?"

"It's... nothing really and... that's exactly the problem." Bomi looked at her noodles as if searching for an answer. "There's something I'm missing and I don’t know what it is... I don’t know where to look." She wiped a tear with her sleeve quickly. She didn’t want to look weak in front of a stranger.

Eunji pretended not to see. As I supposed, Naeun didn’t erase her memory, she just patched. And it’s breaking. Just in time...

"Do you have to find it?" Eunji asked drinking the liquid from the noodles. "I mean, maybe it'll get to you without you realizing it, without having to search."

"I guess there's a possibility..." Bomi looked up and smiled.

Eunji didn’t know if it was the light or tears but her eyes were bright and somehow that smile made her uneasy. I am the angel here...

 

"Officer Jung, I think you're right." The human got up from her chair, stretched her arms and said, "I'll let it come to me. I won’t try anything at all". She let herself collapse into the chair.

"What do you mean by anything?" Eunji asked frowning.

"I'll let it come to me. I'll stay still." Eunji started to worry. What if Bomi decided not to go to the appointment? Had she just advised her badly?

"Well, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try anything, I'm just saying, do what you should do and..." Eunji said hurriedly but was interrupted.

"I understood, I'll continue with mine," Bomi nodded. "I’m not going."

"what?! No, wait, you must go!" The angel hurriedly said.

"Go where?" Bomi asked innocently.

"Where you’re supposed to go!" Eunji reminded herself not to say more than she should.

"Okay, I'll go to work." Bomi smiled.

"Don’t!... wait, yes, you should go to work! But also, to that other place!" Eunji got up from her seat.

"to the # 15, 'Angeli Coffee', which is not there, but you seem to know?" Bomi cocked her head and smiled. "Busted."

 

Eunji couldn’t believe that a simple human had discovered her.

 

"I-I don’t know what you're talking about. But yes, you must go where you are scheduled to go." The angel again drank the broth of the noodles, looking away.

"Naeun, Namjoo and Eunji... You three aren't at all discreet, I guess." Eunji grew more nervous every second that passed. "Are you some kind of magical sisterhood or legion of witches, or maybe..."

Eunji was offended at the mention of the latter. Witches are naturally angel’s enemies.

"WE ARE NOT WITCHES. They are on the other side." Realizing that she’s almost saying more than she should, Eunji stopped and saw the victorious face of Bomi. "Yoon Bomi, you're smarter than you look."

"Thank you." Bomi extended her hand to her new acquaintance. Eunji shook it.

The human held Eunji's hand and lifted the sleeve of the latter's uniform, checking something.

"What are you doing?" Eunji withdrew her hand and looked at her strangely.

"I was just making sure you don’t have a skull tattoo on your arm." Bomi laughed but Eunji didn’t get the joke at first. "You know hahaha... Death Eaters... Harry Potter?"

Seriously... Unnie fell for this weird human.

 

Eunji bided goodbye to Bomi when she left. Being her temporary guardian angel, she had to take care of her from afar, making sure that she arrived home safe and everything was fine.

The angel discovered two things. First, being a guardian angel is tiring, but the action feels good. And, number two, Bomi was a different human and... she was “OK” for Chorong.

She wouldn’t give a perfect grade. Angels can also be proud.

 

.

.

.


A/N: Remember Eunji said they (Apink) shooed a “not-worthy-man” from her dear Unnie. ;)

I know, the only one is Bomi. :D ChoMi is real~ Spread the good news. :D

Thank you for reading!

 

The end is coming.