Kindness

Angel & Human's first love

 

"Bomi-ssi, I know I can trust you in this important task. That's why you're the Ace of the main office, haha. Good luck!"

A man in a suit extended a folder with information about the current project of the company. Even before Bomi could answer, the man already left the office, like many others co-workers. It was time for all to leave.

Bomi just smiled and nodded.

Most of the office workers took advantage of the always friendly attitude of the company's new meat, Yoon Bomi.

Anyway, what they all saw is a girl recently graduated from the university, smiling, with a lot of courage, capable and with a problem to say "no". The older ones always admired and partly envied— the vitality of the young woman.

"Why do you let them do that to you? That's his job." The girl in the next cubicle handed her a coffee.

"Thanks." Bomi took a sip of the drink. "I'm the new one, I could not just reject the work."

"Anyway, you sure have plans tonight, it's Friday for the love of God!" The young girl leaned against the thin wall of the cubicle.

Bomi let out a sigh.

Yes, she had plans. It wasn’t like she wanted to go, but she gave in to the pressure as usual. It was a meeting of high school classmates.

She had no pleasant memories of that time and if that wasn’t enough, her last year is very blurred in her memory. At some point everything becomes confused and even though she has tried to remember, she can’t.

However, she feels that not everything was bad.

That is the reason why she decided to go. Maybe she could find something out with one of her former classmates.

 

 

She finished her work as fast as she could in the office, it was 10pm and she wouldn’t have time to change her clothes. She went to the bathroom and convinced herself that it wasn’t that bad, afterall she was wearing a nice dress and despite the fatigue, she left.

"Good night, Miss Yoon" greeted the guard who always was there for the night shift.

"Thank you for your hard work, sir." Bomi saluted back.

"The sky looks clear and that's always good news." The voice of the old guard Seo sounded more serious than usual and there was a momentary glimmer in his eyes that Bomi could see.

"I hope so. I'm leaving, have a good night." The young woman left it that way. On other occasions Mr. Seo has behaved in such a mysterious way and all he did was ramble on issues of weather.

Bomi concluded that all elders like to talk about weather and things like that. Also, this time he said something meaningful, the sky was really clear.

The stars were bright and the weather was nice. Korea had been in very bad weather lately.

Sudden rains, unbearable heat and in certain areas, cold that burned the bones.

Maybe that's what the old man was talking about, the good new might be that the weather was going to improve.

 

When she arrived at the restaurant where the meeting would be, she took a deep breath and saw through the large window. There they were, some of them made her life impossible, others took advantage of her, and a few who were friendly to her, invented all kinds of rumors behind her.

Upon entering immediately one of the girls recognized her. Some seemed already drunk and barely looked at her.

"Look who's here! Yoon to the Bo to the Mi!" The girl shook her by the shoulders and made her sit in the empty chair in front.

Everyone at the table greeted and one of the boys, who sat at the final seats, got up, nervous.

"What's wrong with Seungchan?" Asked one of those nearby.

"Too much alcohol I guess" said another.

"It's because Bomi arrived," muttered one of the boys, loud enough for Bomi to hear. Making her uneasy.

 

 

The rest of the dinner went by without much trouble. Everyone seemed to have changed and to be always busy. Some had married and others were already divorcing.

Although Bomi asked a couple times about their senior year, none seemed to remember much. But there was Seungchan, who dodged any question or look.

They went to the karaoke for a second round, and Bomi didn’t miss the chance. Something happened in their last year and she had to find out.

When Seungchan went to the bathroom, quite dizzy, she waited outside.

"Damn! You didn’t have to scare me like that!" The frightened man leaned against the wall, to not fall.

"What's up, Seungchan? Why have you been avoiding me? Do you know something you don’t want to say?" Bomi asked bravely.

That was one of the famous bullies of the school, but at some point he ceased to be one of them and even began to behave nicely with everyone… Except with Bomi. He avoided her at all costs until graduation.

"Why would I hide something?" There was the threatening tone with which she remembered, however, Bomi did not back down. For once in her life, she decided to face the problem.

"Because I don’t remember anything! It's as if everything has been erased!"

"Haha! I would like to forget it too!" The man had a lot of resentment in his voice. "… to send a guard and hit us, that was too much. Joohyun even left school after that... And Yongseop... , the poor guy never got back to being like before."

Bomi didn’t get what he was talking about. But those names, she remembered them. They were members of the school bully gang.

"W-what do I have to do with that?" Bomi grew increasingly nervous.

A deranged smile appeared on the guy's face.

"The Yoons... sent a woman to hurt us. Your parents sure have a lot of money, huh?" Suddenly Bomi was cornered and there was no one in the hall. She could not ask for help, because of the noise in each room.

"A woman?" Then Seungchan placed one hand on Bomi's neck, squeezing a bit.

"Rich people. All of you, disgust me. You always end up showing how much money and power you have." The young man paused but still squeezed Bomi's neck. "When we asked for money you had a lot in your wallet, a chauffeur would always drop you at school and maybe… you never had to work just to get food…”

Bomi didn’t like this guy, but couldn’t hate him either. All his words were showered with too much pain,

“But the worst thing is that a woman was the one who did that to us"

"W-what woman?" Now it was hard to breathe under the hands of that coward. "I never... I never told my parents" she tried to defend herself from the accusation.

 

"You're still too kind."

That voice.

That woman.

.

.

.


*A/N: Hi! Long time no see! I’m back~ and this story too… It’s coming to an end, but let’s enjoy the time left!

Apink had a successful promotion with “I’m so sick”, I’m so proud of my girls. I feel energized enough to write now, I hope to stay like this and not to get a block again. :D !!*