Side Effects

Angel & Human's first love

After the guards found Chorong in the temple, she didn't even bear up against them. At least she got Eunji's promise to help her.

And that was what she needed.

She could see Bomi. Even though she was in a terrible state and her heart ached as never before, even so, that gave her hope. She decided not to let Bomi suffer, never again.

"Hayoung-ah, tell me. I know you very well, I know you hide something..." Chorong was for the umpteenth time in the consulting room with Hayoung performing tests again. The younger didn’t seem to want to say anything. "Hayoung-ah! You better tell me right now!"

Even with the playful nature of the Healing-angel there were things that she couldn’t get into for too long. One of those things was Chorong. The latter could be pretty terrible sometimes.

"Ok, ok." Hayoung took a deep breath and sat down in front of her patient. "I have a theory. Rather, it is almost proven..." she leaned forward, covering her face with her hands, tired.

"I’m so sorry, I didn’t want to get mad... I haven’t slept well... and I'm hungry, how about we discuss it after lunch?" Chorong felt bad about making her friend -more like her younger sister- work more and on top of that yell at her.

After bribing her with a list of delicacies that she would buy her, she was able to cheer her up and they went to eat. Both had a weakness for each other, actually as if Chorong had raised her, Hayoung grew up respecting and loving her as if she were her family.

"Thissh ish delishioush, greally..." Hayoung spoke with full, Chorong could’ve scolded her for her lack of etiquette, but seeing her eat so much of something new was rare, so she just smiled. The healing-angel swallowed and spoke again. "Normally I don’t come the Thursday’s 'Earth specials', but today was a total bullseye! Who would say that humans would do something as delicious as this..." The younger pointed to the noodle dish in front of her.

"They do many interesting things. I don’t understand why you don’t give them a chance."

Hayoung smirked, she had a malicious look on her face.

"Interesting things... huh? Like what? Are they formidable lovers? Could you prove it, unnie?" The younger feigned innocence.

Chorong let out a cry that frightened the other diners in the restaurant. The healing-angel laughed aloud at the older woman's red face.

"Still on the conservative side?!" Hayoung was pressing her abdomen because of the pain for laughing so hard. "That human must have had a hard time ..."

"It’s enough! Okay, you're an adult now... but that doesn’t mean you can make fun of me for that, missy" Chorong chided, but it had no effect on Hayoung who was wiping a tear with laughter.

"You can’t blame me, I had to see a lot of things when I checked your upper system" Hayoung said, eating again.

"How much did you see? You're supposed to investigate other things... not... my love life." Chorong was still very red, and the thought that someone else had seen her activities with Bomi made her feel even more ashamed.

"Actually, it's a very important part of my research." The younger one said seriously.

Hayoung had that way of being, to transform the ambient to a serious one in just a second.

 

After lunch, they went to one of the park's trails, calm enough to talk about important things.

"Well... as you know, the angels who stays for more than a year on the human earth are contaminated. The effects of this contamination on normal angels consists of a temporary, or at worst, permanent, loss of powers. In addition, there are those who suffer depression, dizziness and nausea, others get the syndrome of fallen wings. But those cases are extreme." Hayoung paused, sitting on a rock in front of a lake. Chorong imitated her.

"But the effects on the... hybrid angels... have been much more bizarre, varied and fuzzy. Also, there aren’t many cases reported. There was someone who in a past was around three years on the human earth and... well, everyone knows what happened. He went crazy for power and provoked a massive revolt, what humans know as the world wars." The young explained.

"But my symptoms aren’t those... and besides, I didn’t cause any problems, right?" Chorong asked nervously.

"I already told you, the symptoms change with the angel." Hayoung created a ball of light with her hand and held it in the air. "I am struck by your loss of powers, although it is a bit early to know if it’s... permanent" the tall angel swallowed.

The ball of light changed colors, attracting a pair of curious squirrels.

"However, I tried to look for some remaining power in your systems, but it's like... if... you were human." The ball of light scattered, leaving motes of light and making the animals get angry and run away.

"That is not possible... is it?" Chorong looked tender. But suddenly an idea came. "That may be the solution! If I am becoming human, that means that sooner or later I will have to go to earth and then Bomi and I..."

Hayoung smiled sadly and shook her head.

"It's not that easy." She sighed. "Nor is it good... to be humanized, means that you will suffer what humans suffer. That includes... to eventually dying."

 

"Bomi-unnie, seriously. This time the doctor was very clear". Naeun was in the chair next to Bomi's hospital bed. "You went too far. What do you think Chorong-unnie would say if she sees you in this state? What do you think she would do TO ME!? You know, she’s not that angel-like at times"

It was the first in a long time that Naeun dared to mention to her former Guardian-angel. A tear escaped Bomi's eyes.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn’t have mentioned... you're getting worse." Naeun hurriedly handed her a tissue. "It's just that... I understand you. She’s much better at this than me and I know you miss her a lot. But it's important that you stay well and healthy. I'm sure she's trying to do something, I know her, and I know she's fighting"

Naeun tried to cheer her up. But deep down she was worried too. She got no news from Chorong.

"Do you think she's okay?" Bomi asked with a weak voice. The guardian-angel nodded and looked at her sadly.

'Interesting ... even when she is like this, she worries more about how unnie is. Humans are really something... I’m not sure if I like them' Naeun thought.

 

.

.

.

.

A / N: I feel like I'm lengthening this too much... Anyway, I hope I can come up with more ideas. For now, I want to try to highlight all the members, since I love them very much.

The Lea-Mak (ChorongXHayoung) time is inspired in Battle Trip (KBS).

I enjoy creating things, like those fictitious diseases and things that have been mentioned in the story hehehe. One of my favorite authors is J.K. Rowling, I've always been amazed at how she created a complete world in her work. She inspires me.

Do you know who else inspire me? Of course, Apink! And YOUR COMMENTS. Don’t be shy, comment ¬¬

kkkk