Blessing

Angel & Human's first love

"Aaarrghhh! If it weren’t for Chorong-unnie I wouldn’t do this! You, human!" The angel took Bomi —who was still lying on the bed— with supernatural strength.

Bomi was scared. It was the first time the angel was this aggressive.

"Listen to me well, what I'm going to do is... a desperate measure. I am not a healing angel... not even a competent guardian angel" she said the last words under her breath, but still holding Bomi's shirt with force "however, consider yourself fortunate."

Naeun kissed Bomi's forehead and emitted a pleasant warmth to the body of the latter.

Bomi was revitalized, but at the same time confused. When she realized what had happened, she blushed hard.

"W-what was that?" the human stuttered.

"The effect won’t last long, but that is called ‘Angelus basium’ (A/N: from latin: Angel’s kiss). All the angels can do it, but usually the healing-angels have better results." The beautiful angel explained. "It’ll give you energy and wellbeing... maybe for a day in my case."

Naeun went to the closet in the room and started rummaging the outfits.

"Y-you didn’t h-have to. That startled me." Bomi looked at her hands, there was nothing different. However, she felt a crazy desire to run and jump.

Then she went to the window. While looking outside she noticed that everything seemed brighter than usual. It was as if everything invited her out.

"You’re done with that?" Namjoo opened the door curiously. Bomi was scared to see the new face. "Oh! Hello, I'm Namjoo, a messenger-angel of Eastern Heaven. Nice to meet you... Chorong-unnie has told me a lot about you."

The messenger-angel ignored Naeun's grimaces, but in the end she ended up over-talking, as always.

"H-hi?" Bomi timidly said, when she processed everything her new acquaintance said, the urgency gripped her. "Chorong-unnie? Have you seen her?! How is she doing? Is she okay? Did she recover?"

"Hoho! One question at a time... Naeun unnie, you said something about a very good restaurant near here..." Namjoo turned around and left the room, with Bomi following her.

Naeun was surprised by Bomi's sudden mood, she had forgotten that the blessing was active. She should take full advantage of the effect.

 

"Then, tell me..." Bomi had food in , but that didn’t stop her from asking. It was the first time in months that she ate so eagerly.

"How about a competition? If you win, I'll tell you everything you want". Said Namjoo, who was sitting in front of her at the restaurant. "Who tolerates more peppers wins"

"Call." Bomi accepted the challenge.

 

 

 

"That was not fair, you're... you know, an angel, you can stand spicier food than me…" Bomi complained when they left the restaurant.

"that's not true..." said Namjoo, who was drying the tears caused by the peppers.

 

 

 

"The highest score wins" proposed Bomi when entering a karaoke.

 

 

 

"Whoever hits the most, wins" Namjoo said later, when entering a batting zone.

 

 

 

 

"Are you really going to continue with this?" Naeun asked when holding a flag that marked the end of the race they had set out to.

 

And so on, throughout the day they devoted themselves to challenge each other, until they ended up in the Han River Park, with a few bottles of Soju.

 

"You are interesting, Bomi-ssi. Now I understand Chorong-unnie," Namjoo said out of the blue. "To be honest, I was angry at first. I wondered what kind of human being deserved unnie to do such madness..."

Bomi smiled sadly.

"Unnie has always been the most rational angel I've ever met, I didn’t understand either." Naeun grabbed some soju. "Gggg ... I don’t really understand it yet."

"Hahaha, I didn’t expect you to understand, Naeun-unnie, especially you," Namjoo annoyed, earning a look from the guardian-angel.

"She won’t come back, will she?" Dared to ask Bomi, hugging her legs, fearing for the answer.

Both angels looked at each other, as if ordering themselves to start the explanation they were avoiding till now. In the end Naeun won, she has always had that aura of authority. With a sigh of defeat Namjoo began to explain,

"She is fine. She’s under the care of one of the best healing-angels and although she’s still weak, she is doing everything possible... to see you again."

 

Namjoo paused, Bomi was wiping away some tears. "The problem is that it’ll take a lot of time. Unnie doesn’t even have powers now and that's why she sent me." the angel handed her a letter.

 

With one more look, both angels knew that the human would need time alone. They got up —a little dizzy— and gave her some privacy.

Bomi's hands trembled. It was the first time in months that she had received news of her beloved angel. Steeling herself, she opened it and began to read:

 

"Bbom-ah. First, you must know that I love you.

Since you were born, and they let me be your guardian, the day I wrote this, and until the end of the days, I've never repented or regret knowing you and loving you.

You are my first opportunity for everything.

When nobody trusted me, you allowed me to prove to everyone that they were wrong.

And since then we have walked the path together, making these feelings more and more special.

Our time together, I don't want it to be just memories.

It's true that I still don’t know all this, it's not easy. And it probably doesn’t turn out well. But even if there’s a minimal chance, I’m willing to take it.

I know that we have been made for each other.

I also know that anyone who looks for eternal happiness will go through an unstable time. Maybe this is the time for us.

You have stayed with me, just like in the beginning. When I see you (because I can do it from here), I feel as if you were going to disappear...

Right at that moment, I felt afraid.

But you have always been the light for me. Like a miracle.

 

That's why I ask you, to wait for me. Stay healthy, I don’t want to see you suffer.

Do you trust me? Let them erase your memories of me, live well and fulfill your dreams.

When the time is up, I will return to you and you'll recognize me. We both will. It doesn’t matter if 10 or 20 years pass.

I know I can do it, because I trust you. Wait a little more.

I love you.

 

PS. Eat all the three meals, one fruit between meals. Sleep 8 hours a day. Go to school. Don’t waste your money on unhealthy snacks. And I REALLY LOVE YOU"

 

.

.

.

.


* A / N: I had a serious block with this chapter. But I think it's time for the final arc.

Some parts of the letter come from Chorong's own words ~ in the songs: To. Us and Miracle.

Seriously, Park Chorong is a genius!

The BnN moments are inspired by "Shikshin Road" ... well ... in part.

See you ~ *