Chapter 4

One Step At A Time

 

The Fourth Step

Hebe's POV

As I stared at Gui Gui and Aaron walking away hand and hand all I could do is think about me and Aaron's happy times before we broke-up.

FLASHBACK

A: So what do you want to do today babe?

H: I don't know... anything you want to do.

A: How about going to the park?

H: Oh okay... we haven't been there in a while and today is a beautiful day so why not? (smiling with the sweetest smile she ever gave him)

A: Do you want to get some food and eat it there?

H: Sure that sounds good too.

Aaron took her hand and walked with her to their favorite little bakery at the street corner just a couple of minutes away form the park. They walked in and Aaron ordered their usual ham and cheese croissant with a side of orange juice no pulp.

H: Thank you >_^

A: Your Welcome, we should get going before the food gets cold.

H: (shakes her head)

Once again their hands were intertwined with each other’s and never wanted to let go. Once they got to the park they sat under their normal tree at the end of the park where no one usually went, so that they would have more privacy. It was silent when they ate their food. All you could really hear was the sound of straws sipping on their orange juice and the crunching noise of the paper that covered their food.

H: Can I ask you something?

A: Huh? What? Sorry I didn’t catch that. (too focused on his food and the beautiful view)

H: Can I ask you something?

A: Sure anything for you…

H: What do you like about me?
A: What? (not knowing how he was suppose to answer her question)

H: What do you like about me?

A: Well… you see…

H: I want the truth Aaron… what do you like about me?

A: If you want the truth, don’t regret it… the truth is that I don’t like you at all.

H: What?!

Hebe could feel her tears started to form in her eyes. She tried her hardest to hold it back with all of her might, but she couldn’t. She could feel the tears starting to stream down her face that landed on her lap. She then felt Aaron’s hand on her hand turning her head towards him and she looked into his eyes with sorrow and pain.

A: You never let me finish… the truth is that I love you. I love everything about you the way you walk, the way you talk, the way you will always be by my side even thought I would be mad at you. I especially love your smile and the warmth and love I feel when ever I’m with you. So this is what I love about you.

There was some silence between them as they just stared into each others eyes.

H: I love you too Aaron. (tears still going down her face) Promise me something okay…
(now hugging Aaron, with her head on he chest hearing every heart beat of his)

A: Okay what do you want me to promise you?

H: Don’t ever let me go okay?

A: I promise.

H: Good

Determined to keep is promise and hugged Hebe for the rest of the day, watching the sun set together. Noticing that it was getting late and that Hebe had already fell asleep in his arms, had carried her bridle style all the way home. He would stop and stare at Hebe for a while to think to himself that he is the luckiest guy in the world to have a girlfriend like her.

END OF FLASHBACK

Person: Excuse me, are you okay?

H: Uhu? What? Oh yeah I’m fine thank you.

Person: Well my name is Ella. Your name is Hebe right?

H: Yeah it is, it’s nice to meet you Ella.

E: So I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch with me since I know you’re new and all.

H: That would be great thanks >_^

E: No problem

So now Hebe and her new found friend Ella were making their way over to the lunch room. They had found some empty seats at the far side of the lunch room.

E: You should really try the chicken alfrado here.

H: Well that sounds good, so I’ll try it.

E: Okay then I’ll be right back

H: (nods her head) Uhahumm

While Ella walks away to get the food saw Hebe was sitting by herself.

G: Hey you guys why don’t we go and sit by Hebe? She looks so lonely all by herself. We should go over there and become friends with her.

CU: Well I don’t think that is a good idea…

G: Come on you guys don’t be so mean to her. She is new and then.

CA: No she’s not (under his breath)

YT: What? What did you say?

J: No nothing he never said anything.

MM: Why are you guys acting so weird today?

She gives the boys a mysterious look, knowing they were hiding something from them.

G: Well you guys can do whatever, but I’m going to be a nice friend and sit by her.

Starts to walk toward Hebe
A: Fine, we’ll go with you.

CH, CA, and J: What?

A: Come on you guys let’s go. It is the least we could do being her friends and all (hinting at the guys to just go along with him)

G: See Aaron aggress with me.

J: Okay then let’s go.

So Gui Gui, Aaron, Mei Mei, Ya Tou, Jiro, Chun, and Calvin all were walking towards Hebe.

G: Hey there!

H: Oh hi Gui Gui >_^

G: Can we sit here. We saw that you were sitting alone and just wanted to make sure that you weren’t eating alone on your first day of school.

E: Well she is not eating alone… but you can sit if you guys want.

Gui Gui had turned her head and saw Ella walking their way to the table.

G: Oh hi Ella… long time no see.

E: Hey there Gui. Here you guys can sit here with us.

Everyone had taken a seat around the table. [seating: Ella, Hebe, Gui Gui, Aaron, Ya Tou, Calvin, Mei Mei, Jiro, Chun (it’s one of those big round tables)] There was an uncomfortable silence on the table for a while.

YT: So what school did you come form Hebe?

H: Ohh… well I just moved back for the States and I’ve been living there since I was a sophomore in high school. But before I moved I did go to school at THS (Taiwan High School… sorry couldn’t think of a name)

MM: Oh really? That was the school that we went to.

G: Yeah, we all went to that school. Are you sure you went there?

H: Well I transferred out in the second semester.

G/MM/YT: Ohhhh
H: Yeah (giving a half smile)

Hebe could feel that all of the boys were staring at her with confused faces.

YT: Hey why are you guys looking at?

J: What do you mean? We are not looking at anything. (coming back to reality)

MM: We know that you guys are staring at Hebe if you guys like her just say it.

CA: Come on we just meet her how could we possibly like her?

G: Hey be nice all of you just eat your food before it gets cold

Boys (except Aaron): Fine

G: Aren’t you going to eat? (nudges Aaron)

A: Uhu… What? Oh yeah okay. (starts to eat his food)

G: I swear you are acting so weird today.

A: I think that I’m going outside to get some fresh air, excuse me. (stands up and leaves the table)

G: B-But you haven’t… fine

E: What’s wrong with him?

G: I have no idea

H: (thinking) maybe I should go and talk to him and see if he is okay?

H: Umm sorry you guy but I have to go… I forgot that I had to go the office and fill out some paper work before me next class. So I’ll see you guys around. (takes her food and leaves the table)

MM: I wonder what is up those two?

CA: You don’t even know the half of it (under his breath)

G: What?

CA: Ohh no nothing…

~~~

A/N: okay you guys sorry for making this update so boring...
i really don't have any inspiration right now... but hopefully i will get soon
but still i hope you guys comment and i promise the next one will be better >_^