Chapter 24

One Step At A Time

 

This Morning

Gui Gui ran to the bathroom and washed her face. She looked in the mirror and saw a different person, someone that wasn’t here only mentally but not physically. She knew that she should be with Wang Zi but her heart had yearned to have someone more there for her, someone that loves her more and more everyday. She knew that Wang Zi loves her but not whole heartedly…now. Things had changed after Xiao Xun had shown up, Wang Zi was always spending time with her and taking her out after how he was done filming. To Gui Gui this situation was all to familiar to her. It has been weeks after the LL contest and it had been weeks since she was able to spend at least one whole day with Wang Zi just all to herself. When ever they were together they would always be interrupted by his work, Xiao Xun or he was just too plain tired to do anything with her. She finished what ever she needed to do in the bathroom and headed for the kitchen.

G: Good morning, where’s Wang Zi?

YT: He had to go out again (saying under here breath)

G: Oh (sounding depressed)

MD: We can hang out with you again today if you want?

G: Uhm no it’s okay, I have something to do today

YT: Really? What are you doing today?

G: I’m going to meet up with a friend

MD: Well that’s good

YT: What friend?

G: Aaron

YT: Aaron? Really?

G: What?

YT: Nothing it’s just that… well I don’t know, I just thought that you and him were over

G: Yeah we are but that doesn’t mean that we still can’t hang out

MD: So where are you to going?

G: He said that we were going to secret

YT: Secret? What the heck is that?

MD: I think she means it’s a secret

YT: Ohh… hahaha I get it now. Hey do you know what time it is now?

G: (looks at her watch) 9:30 why?

YT: Shoot we are going to be late

G: Wait where are you guys going?

YT: I am finally going to meet Mao Di’s parents

G: Oh haha okay have fun

YT: What’s so funny?

G: Nothing you just make sure that you are yourself okay and don’t be nervous okay?

YT: Okay thanks

G: You’re welcome

MD: Come on babe we are going to be late (standing in the door way)

YT: Coming (turns to Gui Gui) Now he wants to be early

G: Haha it’s okay they are just like that with it comes to meeting the guy’s parents

YT: Really?

G: Yup

YT: Well with me luck (hugging Gui Gui)

G: Good luck

YT: Well I’ll talk to you later (walking out of the door and closing it behind her)

Gui Gui watches as Ya Tou closes the door behind her and leave Gui Gui in the condo all be herself. Gui Gui walked out to the balcony and looked up at the sky. She looked up and remembered that time when she had meet Aaron’s parents.

FLASHBACK

A: Are you ready?

G: Yup

A: Now remember whatever happens I will always stay by your side. No matter what happens in there

G: Come on Aaron you can’t be that mean to your parents

A: I’m not I’m just making sure that you know that no matter what they say I will always love you

G: And I will always love you too. No matter what they say

Aaron took Gui Gui’s hand and walked into the house. When they came inside to Aaron’s surprise his parents were very nice to Gui Gui. Before when would bring his girlfriends home they would like none of them. But they liked her more then the others, Gui Gui even had offered to help make dinner and wash the dishes like she always would. After preparing dinner they all sat down on at the dinner table and had a great time talking and laughing about topics of when Aaron was just a little kid.

[AM= Aaron’s Mom/ AD= Aaron’s Dad]

G: Oh here Auntie let me help you with those dishes

AM: Oh thank you Gui Gui (hands the plates over to Gui Gui and walks into the kitchen)

AD: Son

A: Yes Dad?

AD: I have to tell you something about your girlfriend

A: What about her?

AD: I think that she is the one

A: I think that too

AD: I think that she is better then your ex-girlfriend Hebe… you better not let her go, she is one of those one in a million girls and you better hold on to her tight and never let go

A: I will dad don’t worry

AD: Good

G: Who wants desert? (coming out of the kitchen holding a chocolate cake)

Gui Gui walks in with the chocolate cake and sets it on the table. While Aaron’s mom comes out with some forks and plates. They started to talk more and by the time anyone had realized it was already late and Gui Gui and Aaron decided to head home.

In the car

G: That was fun

A: I’m glad you had fun… hey do you know what my dad said about you?

G: What?

A: That you were the one for me, that I should hold you and never let go, that you were one of those one in a million girls that just so happen to be in my life.

G: Wow I guess he likes me a lot

A: I think that he likes you too

G: (giggles to herself then looks out of the window)

END OF FLASHBACK

One steady tear rolled down Gui Gui cheek due to the memories that she remembered about her past relationship with Aaron. Then suddenly she felt a pair of arms around her, they felt soft and familiar. She knew who it was but now at that moment she didn’t turn him down. She knew that Aaron wanted to go back out with her and he had been trying to win her back but she thinks, THINKS that she should still be with Wang Zi event though in her heart she knows that she wants to be with Aaron. She needed that hug, that warm embrace that she has been missing for a while now. She needed him, she wanted him but she knew it was wrong. Gui Gui wanted to be loved again she wanted to feel madly in love with someone. She wanted the rage you feel when the one you love is talking to another girl you don’t know, the loneliness you feel when they’re not right there by your side, the worried ness you feel when they are running a little late, the passion you feel when you two are kissing and you don’t care who is watching, the regret you feel when you just had a big fight, the warmth of their hug, the little tingle feel when they touch your face and the excitement they feel to the sound of your voice. She wanted to feel all of that but for right now she was fine with this one little hug.

A: Hey Gui (resting his chin on her shoulder)

G: Hey (quietly and sweetly)

A: Gui Gui can I ask you a question? (still hugging her)

G: I guess so

A: Do you still love me?

G: (silence)

A: You don’t have to ans… (gets cut off)

G: Yes (softly)

A: (turns her around) Then please Gui give me another chance. Please let me stay by your side forever. I promise you that I won’t make the same mistake twice, I was a fool to let you go and I have regretted it ever since.

G: But what about…

A: Wang Zi? I can be the one that tells him, he can beat me up for all I can just as long as I can be with you just one more time.

Gui Gui looks down to the ground then nods her head slightly. Aaron sees this and feels a smile being plastered onto his face. He lefts Gui Gui’s head and kisses her lips ever so softly and gave her a small beaming smile. He felt like he has a meaning to live now and so did Gui Gui but was wondering how she would break it off with Wang Zi? But she would have to think of that later right now she just wanted to be with Aaron again.

A: Come on we should get inside, we might catch a cold out here

G: (takes his hand) Okay

A: So what do you want to do today?

G: Uhm… I don’t know but can we sit down for a while I’m still trying to process everything

A: Yeah sure

He leads her to the couch and they sit down next to each other just wallowing in their own thoughts for a while.

A: Do you mind if I watch some T.V.?

G: Uhm… no go ahead

A: Thanks

So Aaron turns on the T.V. while Gui Gui is still trying to process everything that just happened. With everything happening just in that morning started to give her a major head ache. So she closed her eyes and tilted her head back trying to clear her mind. Gui Gui then suddenly felt Aaron’s lips on hers and opened her eyes. Aaron was beginning to pull his head back when Gui Gui pulled him back in, deepening the kiss. Soon after Gui Gui was on top of Aaron still kissing never wanting for the moment to stop.
~~~
A/N sorry I'm talking such a long time to update this story and I know that you guys are waiting for the update of my other stories also...
so I will try my best to get them out before I have to go to my church's camping trip this friday so I will try and update more...
so look out for updates on the two other stories:
/envyislandgurl2
/pancake